Luxembourg Lottery

Luxembourg Lottery

lu-lgflag.gif

Setting the scene:

Luxembourg doesnt really have much to shout about in the world of sport apart from two tennis players thus is a nation that really looks at its political stance rather than its sporting standing. For among this nation of 509,074 people lurk twenty-four undeniably talented footballers. Which all could change this and catapult this country onto the world stage

National coach Luc Holtz is understandably delighted to have his time in charge coincide with what looks to be Luxembourg's very own Golden Generation. In downtown Luxembourg, the murmurs can be heard among the youngsters feasting on their Judd mat Gaardebounen: Luxembourg could qualify for an international competition! A Luxembourger may soon play in the Champions League final!

In June 2011, the talented youngsters will join the ranks of England’s League One. By a remarkable coincidence, each has joined a different club side from that league. All twenty-four are raring to go. All want to captain their country to international honors. All want to become the world’s most famous Luxembourger. And all have little scruples about eliminating the opposition in order to do so.

The sign-up:

I am asking you, dedicated CSErs, to comprise the 24 Luxembourg youngsters.

I require players with the following primary positions:

x3 GK

x2 DR or WBR

x2 DL or WBL

x4 DC

x2 MR or AMR

x2 ML or AML

x4 MC or DMC or AMC

x5 FC/ST

Each player, in time-honoured tradition, can have 3 attributes at 20. All players have a CA of 100, a PA of 145, and a reputation of 70. However, as is stressed below, all of these stats are subject to change.

Could you be so kind as to sign up using the following format: (Luxembourg names which well you pick from Swiss French German Portuguese Serbian Bosnian Montenegrian , (to indicate that you have at least bothered to read the brief- no silly names )

Name:

Position:

Preferred Foot:

x3 attributes at 20:

Date of birth (must be 1995): xx/yy/1995

Rules:

Key to the nature of this challenge is the fact that, unless you are one of the privileged few, you do not get to see your attribute profile. Aside from the initial x3 20 point attributes, the others will be randomly generated between 1-19. But why, I hear you ask? Because the element of mystery will make the attempt to rise to the top all the more compelling, that’s why! But how can a player with only 145 PA be a potential world-beater, you ask next? Here is where I hope things get even more interesting.

After every three month period, I will post detailed updates on the progress of our Luxembourger , both at club and international level. The player I deem to have performed the most impressively over a given period wins the Luxembourger of the Quarter Award. The choice of winner will be carefully justified each time, based on level of competition, average rating, club success, and indeed, a whole plethora of factors. Balmers decision is always final!The winner of this award wins the right to a fabulous prize, being one from the following:

1. Add 5 points to their CA

2. Add 5 points to their PA

3. Add 3 attribute points (1 per category, chosen at random if category chosen is already at 20)

4. Add 15 to reputation (increasing the chance of a big club move)

OR, if you would prefer, you may want to damage your fellow players in your quest for individual glory (e.g. if you are the second-choice national keeper), and choose to

5. Take 5 CA points from a fellow Luxembourger

6. Take 5 PA points from a fellow Luxembourger

7. Take 3 attribute points from a fellow Luxembourger (chosen at random)

At the end of each June, the Luxembourger of the Year Award is chosen. The top three performers of the past season for club and country are chosen, and win the right to the following:

First placed:

Gets to view attribute profile (via PM or password-protected link) and add three attribute points as they see fit

Gets 15 points added to their reputation, 5 points to CA, and 5 points to PA

Second placed:

Gets 10 points added to their reputation, 4 points to CA, and 4 points to PA

Third placed:

Gets 5 points added to their reputation, 3 points to CA, and 3 points to PA

In addition, the first Moldovan to surpass Jeff Strasser of 98 international caps will be able to view their profile and increase an attribute of their choosing to 20.

Hall of fame:

I will keep up to date with award winners and trophy winners but only yearly league awads count and if you do win league 1 then this will count as a minor trophy and be awarded half a point and when everyone careers are over then we will see who is the World most famous Luxembourger

Positions taken

GK Jan Brosius GK Costel Brabarius GK Jean Benoît Guillaume d'Aviano

DR Heinrich Boneburger DR Adelbert Steiner

DL Han Sol Geni DL Nico Ecke

DC Benjamin Gossard DC Maximus Scheltzer DC Luc De Bonde-Arnaud DC

MR Jacques Le Roy MR Yan Kieffer MR Alex D'Ecker

ML Louis de Crevecoeur ML Roger Federer

MC Andre Muller MC Omar Holtz MC David Ginsberg MC Yannick Schleck MC Antonio Karim

ST Des Schicksal ST Yann Diederich ST Cristiano Reynaldo ST Jan Handelen ST Guillame Antoine

I've read the entire post and i'm unsure how this is going to work really, because usually it's a select few players who do really well and it will always be them competing for the awards, whilst the rest just fade away basically and will never gain more than the 145 PA. I think there needs to be a bit of a balance personally?

Heres an idea from me on how you could do the awards, although it still doesn't bring the balance as i'd like, it does make more sense in my eyes and would also probably encourage people to be Goalkeepers, because lets face it, it's highly doubtfull a Goalkeeper would win an award because it's difficult to get high ratings with them.

Quarter Awards

Basically for your quarter awards, I would propose that you pick the best player from each area as follows...

• Goalkeeper - You have 3 goalkeepers, so the best one would win an award.
  • DL/DR/WBL/WBR - I would suggest putting both positions together for this one just to provide more competition as you will now have 4 players for this award.
  • Central Defender - You have 4 players here so it would make sense to keep it between these 4.
  • DMC/MC/AMC - Yet again, 4 players so keep it between these 4.
  • MR/ML/AMR/AML - Just like the wide defensive positions, put these together to create a 4 man tug of war for the award.
  • Forward/Striker - 5 players here which is good because this will be a difficult award to win and you need plenty of competition.

Annual Awards

Going more towards your idea, but changing it slightly, having 3 players who will win an award at the end of each season. I propose that you split these 3 awards between 3 categories, rather than just picking 3 strikers because they were the best out of anyone this season. Use the following categories..

• Goalkeepers - Keep this in a category of it's own, because they can't really compete with the other positions.
  • Defenders & Defensive Midfielders - Leaning more towards the fact it's hard for them to compete with the more attacking options, so put these 6 positions into a category of their own.
  • Midfielders & Strikers - This would exclude Defensive Midfielders obviously, but would create a huge challenge to be the best, because all these positions can get top class ratings.

I hope you give this some consideration, because I feel it would balance things out slightly more, whilst giving the National side that extra push. It would be pointless having a world class striker and then a League 1 standard Goalkeeper, giving results like 6 - 3 to the opposition.

Name: Roger Federer

Position: ML/AML

Preferred Foot: Left

x3 attributes at 20: Dribbling, crossing, pace

Date of birth (must be 1995): xx/yy/1995: 1/1/1995

TM - Toon didnt say that he would be picking just based on average ratings ect. so he will probably take into account that goalkeepers have a low average rating. He will also probably try to spread the awards round the positions.

Name: Yan Kieffer

Position: RM

x3 attributes at 20: crossing, passing, acceleration

Date of birth (must be 1995): 31/12/1995

EDIT:

I believe after my player, all wide midfield positions are taken. with 1 ML, 1 MR, 1 AML & 1 AMR.

Yan Kieffer will be the best ;)

Obviously in a lot of ways a goalkeeper has a good chance of winning awards because if they have a lot of clean sheets and the team is in a high league position that would mean that they are vital to there squad thus making them in the running for the top award

I know your not obviously just going off Average Rating, but generally the average rating comes with all the other elements, except obviously the team performance and league position. Anyway, how you do the awards is your choice, I'm just giving a constructive opinion with a suggestion :)

[Edit]

Apart from my obvious questioning on the awards, the idea as a whole is brilliant and I look forward to it!

I know your not obviously just going off Average Rating, but generally the average rating comes with all the other elements, except obviously the team performance and league position. Anyway, how you do the awards is your choice, I'm just giving a constructive opinion with a suggestion :)

[Edit]

Apart from my obvious questioning on the awards, the idea as a whole is brilliant and I look forward to it!

I was thinking about the awards I may do a goalkeeper award every two or 3 years but I don't know at the moment. thank you for your input :) TM

can i change mine to a striker please mate ?

Name: Guillame Antoine

Position: st

Preferred Foot: Right

x3 attributes at 20: finishing composure first touch

Date of birth (must be 1995): 26/08/1995

Name: Jean Benoît Guillaume d'Aviano

Position: GK

x3 attributes at 20: Reflexes, Communication, Positioning

Date of birth (must be 1995): 29/01/1995

Don't know if theres any space but:

Name: Alex D'Ecker

Position: MC

x3 attributes at 20: Passing, Creativity, Stamina

Date of birth (must be 1995): 20/04/1995

could you turn him into a winger and it will be fine :)

Not sure if you are still taking people, but I'll try anyway.

Name: Marc Scutto

Position: DC

x3 attributes at 20: Strength, Jumping, Marking

Date of birth (must be 1995): 05/05/1995

Edit : Well, that was some fortunate timing :lol:

Archived