+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: Wrestling/boxing or UFC Manager game?

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th February 2009
    Posts
    422

    Default Wrestling/boxing or UFC Manager game?

    I dont know if this has been asked or if this is the right place. But will SI ever create a fighting manager game for boxing, ufc or wrestling. I think it would great as there are alot of fans out there for these sports and they could bring in these people to buy such game.

  2. #2
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,110

    Default

    Have you ever played WMMA 3?

    It's text based so not everyone's sort of game but I find it amazingly addictive.

    I am sure boxing has been mentioned on here before but I doubt SI will do a game outside of a football one.

  3. #3
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th June 2008
    Posts
    5,723

    Default

    Jesus Christ!! Rugby, Cricket, Boxing, Wrestling, possibly more manager threads popping up in the last few days

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    27th March 2003
    Location
    ]Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omaroo View Post
    I dont know if this has been asked or if this is the right place. But will SI ever create a fighting manager game for boxing, ufc or wrestling. I think it would great as there are alot of fans out there for these sports and they could bring in these people to buy such game.
    There was a thread a couple weeks ago about this: Greydog Software makes the WMMA game mentioned here, as well as a wrestling management sim. You might check them out- I haven't played yet, but those I have talked to give their games high recommendations.

  5. #5
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2011
    Location
    Call me Mark not Marky
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Have you ever played WMMA 3?

    It's text based so not everyone's sort of game but I find it amazingly addictive.

    I am sure boxing has been mentioned on here before but I doubt SI will do a game outside of a football one.
    WMMA 3 is very addictive, quite a few mods available for it as well. Should at least try out the demo for it.

  6. #6
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    The ex SIers OOTP offer a boxing sim on their website www.ootpdevelopments.com

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    27th March 2003
    Location
    ]Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    The ex SIers OOTP offer a boxing sim on their website www.ootpdevelopments.com
    Yes, Title Bout, which was based on the old Avalon Hill box game. The problem I've had with it though is that isn't really a management sim like FM or the Greydog games in that there is no game world aspect to it that changes, grows, etc. Unless they've done something completely different with it in past year.

  8. #8

    Default

    Surely your taking the pi55? Or on drugs...Oh wait can we have postman manager?

  9. #9
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEO-BAHAMUT- View Post
    Surely your taking the pi55? Or on drugs...Oh wait can we have postman manager?
    Already own it.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    27th March 2003
    Location
    ]Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    Already own it.
    Make sure you have latest patch installed, fixes the dog attack bug where your postman was out for 6 months every time.

  11. #11
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    WMMA 3 is very addictive, quite a few mods available for it as well. Should at least try out the demo for it.
    I love it played as UFC from 1993 to 2017 and still going. One of the few games that compares to FM for addictiveness especially historical mods.

  12. #12
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2011
    Location
    Call me Mark not Marky
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    I love it played as UFC from 1993 to 2017 and still going. One of the few games that compares to FM for addictiveness especially historical mods.
    Guessing you're using the Dawn of MMA mod? Very good mod, frustrating seeing regens having the same pics as some UFC stars though

  13. #13
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Guessing you're using the Dawn of MMA mod? Very good mod, frustrating seeing regens having the same pics as some UFC stars though
    I manually assign pictures from the default database to good fighters when I use that mod. I also use a picture pack with no names on the face picture not as annoying that way.

  14. #14
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2011
    Location
    Call me Mark not Marky
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    I don't actually mind the names with the face, and I think I did do that in my save or perhaps just left them with a blank image

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st October 2011
    Location
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)
    Posts
    513

    Default

    As for wrestling, EWR (Extreme Warfare Revenge) and TEW (Total Extreme Wrestling) are the two main ones for that. In EWR you do a fair amount less but in TEW it's a lot more in depth.

  16. #16
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2011
    Location
    Call me Mark not Marky
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Never heard of EWR Tried the free version of TEW (think it was 2005?)

    Hoping WMMA 4 will be announced soon

  17. #17
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th February 2009
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Im not messing about it, im serious.

    Ye I know about greydog software, they make EWR and TEW.

    But why cant SI make manager sim outside footy. Just curious.

  18. #18
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Never heard of EWR Tried the free version of TEW (think it was 2005?)

    Hoping WMMA 4 will be announced soon
    EWR was made by Adam Ryland just like TEW was. It was a free much simpler version of TEW made years and years before. I think there's more chance of another TEW before another WMMA, greydogsoftware are also currently making a pro basketball game. Obviously there won't be real players in it until someone releases a mod.

  19. #19
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,557

    Default

    TEW has incredible depth. It is the Football Manager of the wrestling world.

  20. #20
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th November 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    They won't make a wrestling game the wwe games will be to hard to compete with.

  21. #21
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2011
    Location
    Call me Mark not Marky
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    WWE is a completely different type of game, it's not really a simulator. TEW is a wrestling simulator and is not like WWE.

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd April 2003
    Location
    Bromborough, Cheshire
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    Yes, Title Bout, which was based on the old Avalon Hill box game. The problem I've had with it though is that isn't really a management sim like FM or the Greydog games in that there is no game world aspect to it that changes, grows, etc. Unless they've done something completely different with it in past year.
    OOTP claim that a boxing manager style game is in the works with ex-SI staffer Paul Norman doing some of the work. Problem is they have been saying this for a number of years now. Most of the their time seems to be spent on their baseball manager games which bring in the most money, so you can't really blame them.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Location
    Optimistically hoping
    Posts
    273

    Default

    doubt it, why would anyone want to manage a Boxer?

  24. #24
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omaroo View Post
    Im not messing about it, im serious.

    Ye I know about greydog software, they make EWR and TEW.

    But why cant SI make manager sim outside footy. Just curious.
    We tried with both baseball and hockey, both games unfortunately due to various reasons were not sustainable at the levels we'd hope to achieve.

  25. #25
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcoll View Post
    doubt it, why would anyone want to manage a Boxer?
    In a mixed martial arts game you would be a company and in charge of loads of fighters and would book the matches. In a boxing one you would more than likely play the role of a promoter and hire several fighters and arrange a boxing event for them to all fight each other at.

  26. #26
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    We tried with both baseball and hockey, both games unfortunately due to various reasons were not sustainable at the levels we'd hope to achieve.
    ^^this to answer every single idea about another game than FM.

    EHM, OOTP, and FML all failed when SI developed these games, so let's just have SI stick with FM...

    But if OOTP Hockey sells well, would SI consider reviving the EHM series? I still play EHM07 every now and then. It's so outdated though...

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th February 2009
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Ye your right Nick, maybe SI should stick with what there best at which is FM

  28. #28
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th September 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    228

    Default

    dear SI, i have some disobedient children

    can you make a Child Management game please? with press conferences, child interaction, etc. that would be greatttt

  29. #29
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th November 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    WWE is a completely different type of game, it's not really a simulator. TEW is a wrestling simulator and is not like WWE.
    is it any good? where can i buy it?
    Last edited by toon army 06; 07-06-2012 at 04:40.

  30. #30
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2009
    Posts
    485

    Default

    TEW is amazing it is literally the FM of the wrestling world. If you're into your wrestling then I recommend buying it. It's very in-depth.

    You can buy from here: < snip>
    Last edited by FrazT; 07-06-2012 at 08:37.

  31. #31
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    33,148

    Default

    C'mon , guys- this is a forum for discussing FM not advertising other games. Si have said before that their full attention will be on FM so it is very unlikely that any other managemnet sim will be considered.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts