Makoto's Travels across Oceania - Sun, Sand & Sea

Makoto Nakamura

After a freak computer reset ALL of my saves have been wiped (Including San Marino

:( ) So I thought that maybe I'd leave San Marino for FM13 and instead go to the place where there's the least footballing knowledge and that is Oceania.

Leagues Loaded:

Mzdcm.png?1

I'm also using Poops International Tournaments found in the Editors Hideaway as well as the Oceania Nations which I found here: http://thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?p=3604891#post3604891

The aim of this is too see if I could bring up Oceania, No rules, no restrictions. Just take Oceania as far as humanly possible.

I start as an unemployed 25 year old former Sunday League footballer from the North American island of Montserrat since it seems unlikely that they'd have many good football managers from a nation with a population of 5,164.

First Job:

eeLBk.png?1

vLwPW.png?1

2EJl6.png?1

So the first stop is the Cook Islands;

About Cook Islands Football Association

The Cook Islands Football Association was founded in 1971 with visions to promote and develop the sport in the Cook Islands, at the same time pave a way for inclusion into the world body, FIFA (Federacion Internacional de Futbol Asociado). Twenty years later in 1994, CIFA became a member of FIFA; and as of June, 2009 CIFA recorded 14 affiliated members – 7 Rarotonga Football Clubs (Avatiu Football Club, Puaikura Football Club, Nikao Football Club, Matavera Football Club, Takuvaine Football Club, Titikaveka Football Club, Tupapa Maraerenga Football Club), Atiu Football Association, Aitutaki Football Association, Mangaia Football Association, Mauke Football Association, Mitiaro Football Association, Pukapuka Football Association and Rakahanga Football Association.

The pride of the national association, its FIFA-funded headquarters plus a national football academy with two playing pitches of international standards, were completed and opened in 2004. The academy over the years has developed elite players identified by the association who would play at senior levels in various clubs in New Zealand and Australia and return for national representation.

CIFA is challenged by the sheer distance between the islands scattered over 2million square kilometers of ocean. Its furthest member and latest inclusion Pukapuka Football Association (2002) is in the Northern Cook Islands, closer to the Samoa than Rarotonga. Covering an area the size of Western Europe, to fly there from Rarotonga is about the same time it takes to fly from New Zealand to Australia.

Despite the geographical obstacles, the CIFA has successfully run its development programmes and regularly holds competitions on a national scale, with the biennial youth championship, one of the more important dates on the calendar. The best youth players are identified through this exercise and are trained at the national football academy where Cook Islands national teams march into camp before OFC and FIFA qualifying tournaments.

CIFA currently runs a league for its best clubs with a knock out cup organised at the end of the season. However, the five-a-side competition is run prior to the start of the main season. With the lack of indoor facilities to hold proper futsal competitions, CIFA has improvised with its outdoor version. The five-a-side competition attracts a broad cross-section of participants from registered club players to social players, men and women of all ages and abilities.

Always liked reading your saves. Unlucky about losing the San Marino one. :(

Good luck with this. :thup:

Thanks Rancer!

Same as Rancer: I have always enjoyed your saves so I look forward to this with interest :D

Gutted about losing your saves though :mad:

Thanks Daz! It was hard to see that they'd gone after I'd put over 13 days of game time into the together :/

To bad to hear about San Marino. Looking forward to an Oceania career :)
San Marino was great! Good luck with this one :)
Good Luck, i've had a lot of fun managing in PNG and ASA
Should be a great experience.

Thanks all! I've finished the games for this season by time we reached December so I'll put an End of Season update sometime today!

Arorangi - Cook Islands Round Cup - 2011/12

League Table

We spent most of the season in 5th place but with a few good games we managed to sneak into 2nd.

Knock-Out Tournament

I suppose it's the FA Cup? But either way we lost in the final to the team that finished 6th in the league.

Squad

We have a good squad and we have a few more players coming in the 31st of December but from a test I ran until May and we only had 3 first teamers that stayed at the club, even after I offered them new contracts so I predict that the next season will be very hard.

Transfers

We managed to bring in some good free transfers as well as a lot of Cook Islanders? from the other teams in my division, unsurprisingly everyone that left ended up playing in New Zealand's minor divisions with hope for stardom.

Key Players:

Ngatuaine Mani - The 'Rock' in defence got the best average rating in the entire team.

Andrew Cocker - The New Zealander that I brought in from a free transfer and scored the most out of everyone with 4 goals.

Adam MacDonald - very versatile player who can play all up the left side of the pitch.

Season        Team                Country                 League                Position             Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12      Arorangi           Cook Islands        Cook Islands Round Cup        2nd       Knock-Out Tournament Finalists

Very good start, unlucky with that narrow loss in the final. How were you doing against the top team throughout the season? Are they much better than your side?

Just noticed you're using imgur for your screen shots which are a really good quality, think I'm going to try it out because I don't really like the quality of the images in Photobucket.

Very good start, unlucky with that narrow loss in the final. How were you doing against the top team throughout the season? Are they much better than your side?

Just noticed you're using imgur for your screen shots which are a really good quality, think I'm going to try it out because I don't really like the quality of the images in Photobucket.

Against Matavera we drew 0-0 away and lost 3-1 at home Vincent Tua was their standout player with good finishing & composure for this level even if he his the wrong side of 30, we have better quality in the depth of our squad though...if they stay with us. I've always found imgur a very easy uploading site to use, I've tried some others but found this the best.

That, Sir, is a solid first season. :thup:
Good end of the season.

Why thank you Daz & Delta :thup:

AS Magenta:

x3qob.png?1

ohbNh.png?1

tgGPX.png?1

It's now mid September and the New Caledonian season is finished, it's a shame that I didn't include France because New Caledonian Champions can play in the Coupe de France.

AS Magenta is a New Caledonian football team playing at the top level. It is based in Nouméa. Their home stadium is Stade Numa-Daly Magenta.

New Caledonia Division Honneur: 6

2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009

New Caledonia Cup: 7

1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05

Pacific French Territories Cup: 2

2002-03, 2004-05

OFC Champions League: 2 appearances

Best: 3° in Group A 2010

2010: 3° in Group A

2011: 3° in Group B

Oceania Club Championship: 2 appearances

2004-05: 2nd Place - Lost against Sydney FC 2 - 0 (stage 4 of 4)

2006: First Round - Group B - 4th place - 3 pts (stage 2 of 4)

[video=youtube;Bfssg0jJz1Y]

Archived