how big, actually, is the db, and how does the scouting work....??

just wondering. i'm playing english leagues and naturally am getting mainly english players.

but my searches aren't turning up much else.

would my sending scouts to central and eastern europe enlarge my searchable db for those regions? i'm thinking of seasoned internationals, romanian, like costin lazar who isn't coming up in searches.

just wondered about db size and if my "searchable" db is increased through scouting?

What team are you? Do you have "interested" ticked?

aston villa, and i have interested not ticked. i guess being villa scouting network not great. but i was figuring that key players from all nations would turn up.....

• SI Staff

There are well in excess of 20,000 players in the full database, each individual game loads a cut-down version of that database (in a similar manner to the PC game) - normally around 5-7,000 players are active in a single game, the exact amount depending on the league(s)* selected.

*Android only allows one league active at a time, however iOS and PSP allow multiple leagues to be active at once.

I guess the original question still applies tho: will sending out scouts increase my knowledge of a region and therefore turn up more searchable players

Edit: getting in a second night's play and still experiencing the same in that my searches are still really only bringingup English based players.

Will, later, give you an example search

• SI Staff

The players 'visible' within the search tables will not change HOWEVER if you have fog of war on then scouting will reveal their attributes which will help you discover which are good.

• SI Staff
What's fog of war.?

Sorry its probably called 'attribute masking' in the game - when I implemented the feature (many many years ago) I called it 'Fog of War' internally because it was based on the concept of turn based war games where you only had knowledge of what your units could see.

Its the feature where you can only see attributes for players you'd realistically know about and the rest show up 'obscured' ...

Archived