android version: generally good but why can't i view full matches?

here's my problem, and i'm sure there's a solution. i buy players, i set up tactics. but i'm unable to watch full matches? why is this? the ME works because it shows goals etc so why not be able to view the whole match.

maybe someone can help me. if it's NOT possible (and it certainly can't be my device, an HTC One-X) how do i fathom how my tactics are working and how my players and their roles are working out?

help!?

The ME only shows highlights. This is the same for all platforms across all operating systems.

I believe the reason for this is that the handheld version of FM is supposed to be a 'lite' version of the PC edition and so the ME reflects the quick and easy 'pick up and play' aspect of the game. A combination of the ME, full text commentary and match statistics that you can access by swiping the screen during a match will tell you whether your tactics are working.

I don't actually use the ME and rely on match commentary and the match stats to see how well my team are doing.

The ME only shows highlights. This is the same for all platforms across all operating systems.

I believe the reason for this is that the handheld version of FM is supposed to be a 'lite' version of the PC edition and so the ME reflects the quick and easy 'pick up and play' aspect of the game. A combination of the ME, full text commentary and match statistics that you can access by swiping the screen during a match will tell you whether your tactics are working.

I don't actually use the ME and rely on match commentary and the match stats to see how well my team are doing.

thanks, dude. how would i do this then? for example i want to:

-determine the type of central defender to bring in

-determine which of my formations (442 attacking or 442 narrow diamond) are working and WHY

etc etc. i'm not good at interpreting match commentary, how would i do this? and , although i'd have to get it out and play a while, i'm pretty sure i've not got full text commentary, even on "very slow"

chhers,

neil

Well quite simply, results will determine whether your tactics are working. Individual player match ratings will determine whether the position and role you've selected for that player is working.

Individual player attributes should be your main concern when deciding which defender to play. If you have a defender with high stats in tackling, positioning, heading, strength and pace, then you're on the right track.

By swiping to the different match screens, you can look at team possession ratings, shots on goal, tackles won etc. This should help you form an opinion on how well your tactics are doing. There are other screens that show you the stats for individual players such as pass completion rate, tackles won and shots on target. Analyse these to determine if the player is doing what he should be.

Every game has full text commentary - maybe you're thinking its something different.

• SI Staff
The one thing upon which I am CERTAIN is that I am only getting snippets of commentary.

If you play at very fast speed then you'll get slightly less commentary than at slower speeds - the higher speed cuts out some of the less critical stuff (ie. stuff which might tell you about play and posession but aren't actually vital unless you're being meticulous).

If you play at very fast speed then you'll get slightly less commentary than at slower speeds - the higher speed cuts out some of the less critical stuff (ie. stuff which might tell you about play and posession but aren't actually vital unless you're being meticulous).

Hi marc. No. 2 things. I'm playing v.slow and getting v.little commentary and also highlights are still far too fast imho.

• SI Staff
Hi marc. No. 2 things. I'm playing v.slow and getting v.little commentary and also highlights are still far too fast imho.

You won't ever get 'all' commentary (ie. every minute) - thats just not how the game is designed, it'd be really really slow to play like that and that doesn't suit a mobile gaming experience for the vast majority of people imho.

With regards to the speed of the 2d highlights, thats unaffected by the speed of the commentary and always plays at the same speed - the speed control is for the match timer/commentary.

(and yes the 2d clips are short - again thats intentional to keep the pace of the game reasonably fast - FM PC matches take 7--10 minutes to play out which is far too slow for a handheld game where you might only have 5 minutes on a bus journey to play)

Thanks all makes sense. Guess j have too much time on my hands lol

I'd personally have liked the option of more comprehensive commentary to decipher how my tactics were working out but all in all I'm enjoying myself.

Archived