+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tycoon Takeovers

Amateur

Default Tycoon Takeovers

Throughout me playing various versions of FM, you seem to occasionally get tycoons taking over clubs and bankrolling them to success.

I was just wondering has that ever happened at YOUR club?

Amateur

Recently had a takeover on my Newcastle save. Mike Ashley sold to another local businessman, not put any money into the transfer kitty though. If truth be told, it would have spoilt my game if i'd had a bottomless pit of funds. Part of the fun is finding a hidden gem (a mystery to me why people use GS) or developing a youth into a class player.

Nope, no tycoon for me thank you very much!

Amateur

Had a tycoon before but wouldn't want one again. It just gave me the freedom to buy pretty much whoever I wanted. I like to buy young or cheap players and turn them into stars. If my club become good then I like to think most of it is down to what I have done. The tycoon took that away from me.

Amateur

i pray for a tycoon before i sleep every night. ive only had it once in fm 09.

just seen Gladbach who were in the relegation zone get taken over by a latvian tycoon

Amateur

i have actually stopped my long term bottom to top with basingstoke as second season now since i had a tycoon. ruined it for me. sounds good to begin with bottomless pit of money but when you have a good young squad and youth making 2 to 3 star players every season you dont need to spend it.

agreed with op as well. better buying cheap young players and developing hidden gems.

Amateur

Just because you have the money doesnt mean you have to spend it, pump it into youth, wages and facilities.

I got taken over on fm10 and i only spent what i needed to to improve my squad, i didnt spend stupid amounts on unrealistic transfers.

Amateur

I did not get a tycoon takeover but i did manage to turn a debt ridden Rangers into a £200m valued European giant who has won the CL twice and now sees my average yearly budget at just below £100m a season.

Yet i never spend it, i just hate the idea of spending more than £15m on any one player. (bought 2 players for 12m each and the rest of my 60+ signings this save have been anything from 8m to free.

Plus i am saving up for a new stadium.

Part-Timer

Happened when I was at Adelaide United. I got 29m into the bank and a 11m trasnfer budget. The problem is you can't spend the money given as the wages can't be adjusted in the A-League. As such, you cannot ever offer more than around 1.5m per year in wages. If the tycoon wanted to bring in a Dario Conca or Nic Anelka as has happened in China you just cannot do it in Australia. We even have a rule (which the MLS copied) where you can have two players who you are allowed to pay whatever you want and it doesn't affect the salary cap.

Amateur

I was appointed manager of Coventry after they were relegated to league one in the first year, upgraded youth facilities to 'state of the art' and the training to 'top' i've £18mil in the bank and £8mil to spend on players, managed to sign people like Peter Whittingham, Fraizer Campbell, and a few of my better layers from my time at stevenage.

Banned

On FM2011 Tns got a tycoon, which was fun.
    Scunthorpe have got one in my Arsenal save

Amateur

just seen young boys get taken over by tycoon during my sheff weds game.....made a save of when it happened so I can have a go when I want a break from the rise of the mid week side

Amateur

Never had a tycoon takeover & would love that to happen.
    Recently though I've been implanting a Sugar Daddy into my low league starts & that's fun.

Amateur

Happened to me at Arsenal. First thing he did was fire me.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjim View Post
    Recently had a takeover on my Newcastle save. Mike Ashley sold to another local businessman, not put any money into the transfer kitty though. If truth be told, it would have spoilt my game if i'd had a bottomless pit of funds. Part of the fun is finding a hidden gem (a mystery to me why people use GS) or developing a youth into a class player.

Nope, no tycoon for me thank you very much!
    I love the part about developing players and finally found the hidden gem to end all hidden gems in my current FM11 save.
    I've had one boardroom takeover in my save where a board member replaced the outgoing chairman.

Amateur

I haven't had my Oldham team taken over by a Tycoon, but there have been two Tycoon takeovers both happened to English clubs. Everton by an English Tycoon and Tottenham by a Brazilian Billionaire.

Part-Timer

Just because you get a tycoon take over doesnt mean you cant keep to your philosophy.

Amateur

I attempted a Rangers game, thought it would be interesting with the lack of funds, 2 months into the game club got taken over by an indian tycoon. Walked the league that season, then bought a load of top quality players....dominated Scotland for a while.

Wouldn't say no to having a tycoon, I think at times when you really need investment it's a god send.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Happened to me at Arsenal. First thing he did was fire me.
    Ouch? I hope you added another manager and bankrupted them :P

Semi Pro

I've taken Boston United up from Conference North to the Premier League, and after a few season in the Premier League, straight after a season winning the Club World Cup, League Cup and Premier League (for the first time), I had an Argentinian tycoon takeover.

He seems to be good at business, as we now have sponsorships bringing in around £35m a year. I have won the league 3 out of the 4 seasons since he took over, the League Cup every season and the Champions League in the latest season (part of a League, League Cup and Champions League treble).

It has simply given me the freedom to buy the players I've wanted, without having to sell players to balance the books. In the seasons since he tookover, I have spent £71m, £79m, £117m and £51m (haven't even got out of July yet!), but still brought in £23.5m, £56m, £40m and £6.75m - a £191.75m net spend over 3 and a bit season.

I do spend a lot on young players, as I struggle to get enough home grown players for the Champions League. I have now started buying players at the age of 15 or 16, and hoping they develop enough. I buy the odd established player, but only if I need to and lack quality in a certain area - such as £30m on 24 year old who had scored 79 Premier League goals in 2 and a half seasons!

Part-Timer

Had a board takeover whilst playing as Arsenal. It was towards the end of my third season in charge, but I didn't get fired. No change in my transfer budget or debts.
    Last edited by Harper; 04-06-2012 at 22:37.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Walds View Post
    I've taken Boston United up from Conference North to the Premier League, and after a few season in the Premier League, straight after a season winning the Club World Cup, League Cup and Premier League (for the first time), I had an Argentinian tycoon takeover.

He seems to be good at business, as we now have sponsorships bringing in around £35m a year. I have won the league 3 out of the 4 seasons since he took over, the League Cup every season and the Champions League in the latest season (part of a League, League Cup and Champions League treble).

It has simply given me the freedom to buy the players I've wanted, without having to sell players to balance the books. In the seasons since he tookover, I have spent £71m, £79m, £117m and £51m (haven't even got out of July yet!), but still brought in £23.5m, £56m, £40m and £6.75m - a £191.75m net spend over 3 and a bit season.

I do spend a lot on young players, as I struggle to get enough home grown players for the Champions League. I have now started buying players at the age of 15 or 16, and hoping they develop enough. I buy the odd established player, but only if I need to and lack quality in a certain area - such as £30m on 24 year old who had scored 79 Premier League goals in 2 and a half seasons!
    Any chance you have a save game from before he took over and can upload it :P

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Any chance you have a save game from before he took over and can upload it :P
    Sorry mate, way past that.. have it on rolling autosave.

Just had this, my first ever, excited and nervous! Dont want to be sacked, will upload for people later if they wish! not to long into the game season wise.

Banned

I've never had a Tycoon at all, but it wouldn't bother me if I did because I never buy players anyway. All I'd do with money is pump it into facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    I've never had a Tycoon at all, but it wouldn't bother me if I did because I never buy players anyway. All I'd do with money is pump it into facilities
    Thats exactly what im going to do, wanted to produce almost a 'Newcastle Lions' like Celtic with players just from the north-east, hopefully this will help!

Heres the save guys Nearly everyone is availible to sign it looks like for the toon if unlike me you play that way, only major signings I've made for Newcastle prior to the takeover are Cortouis and Robin van Perise

https://rapidshare.com/files/4002874...le_-_Tycoon.fm

Part-Timer

Just started a new game as legia Warsaw, and Hearts have just had the news message saying that a tycoon is interested.

Amateur

I only had my club taken over by a tycoon once. He sacked me 3 days later

Part-Timer

What year did you all get the big tycoon takeovers in?

Amateur

Has anyone ever had a tycoon, spent loadsa money and got people on huge long contracts....

....then had the tycoon bail and leave you with a shed load of debt!!!???

That would be a fun mess to sort out. Especially if you soon got relegated and had to go back to basics/youth development.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by pikeal View Post
    Has anyone ever had a tycoon, spent loadsa money and got people on huge long contracts....

....then had the tycoon bail and leave you with a shed load of debt!!!???

That would be a fun mess to sort out. Especially if you soon got relegated and had to go back to basics/youth development.
    anyone had this? and what years did you all get your tycoon takeovers

well my chairman is selling up I am 3 seasons in at dover been promoted every season got a very young team with a little experience like mcsheffery ilunga and wordsworth with all of my players wanted by bigger clubs got a good win ratio (obviously) and has a tactic that works against bigger and smaller reputation teams not perfect though as I do still concede all the players like me and respond to my team talks.

despite all this a consortium are trying to take us over and replace me with peter freacking reid!!!!

Third Team

Had none in FM12, but one at Newcastle as well in FM10.

Actually it spoiled the fun for me because having endless money made any success feel dull and too easy while any runner-up position already felt like disaster. In my view you can only lose once you are that rich.
    In year 3 after the tycoon takeover I won the CL and immediately after the tycoon withdrew his spending to the club. Immediately thereafter the save was fun again

Part-Timer

Do you need to have certain leagues playable to trigger a tycoon takeover? anyone ever had one in the lower leagues and to get one does the club always need to be up for sale?

Third Team

You need to be in a league in which tycoon takeovers are allowed, which is the case in all English leagues. There is an extra file in one of the db folders in which you can check in which countries such takeovers are not allowed.

With respect to the league level I belive that a tycoon takeover is more likely the higher you are (as obviously EPL participation is more interesting to any investor than a challenge for promotion to the BSN), but I have seen clubs in lower leagues having had tycoons as well.

If a (your) club is having a takeover, each kind of takeover has a certain likelihood to appear, so there is always the possibility that it's a tycoon when you are in the right country, but a tycoon takeover is obviously the least likely variant.

Part-Timer

So tyo get a tycoon takeover in england i need to have all the english leagues playable? where can i find this file? its not in my db folder and has anyone ever set there game on hoilday for a few seasons in serach of a tycoon takeover?

Part-Timer

i'm in the year 2029 any big takeovers happen around that time? a few premier league clubs have that there owner is happy to stay. can a takeover happen to there club when it says that?

Banned

Never ever been taken over. Even in my Portsmouth save last season when I got them to Champion League status... Happens to my mate all the time!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Kalem Lyco View Post
    Never ever been taken over. Even in my Portsmouth save last season when I got them to Champion League status... Happens to my mate all the time!
    yea but i meant anyone seen big tycoon takeovers for any team around the year 2029?

Amateur

Arsenal and Getafe got taken over by Tycoons

They both bailed 18 months later.

Arsenal are still well funded anyway even after withdrawing of funding, whilst getafe are still lurking in the top 6

Part-Timer

In my Liverpool save Sheffield Wednesday got a Tycoon takeover and their still in the npower after 4 seasons mid table built a new stadium and upgraded facilities... but their still in the npower division after 4 seasons... who knows that their doing with the money.. Not buying players thats for sure.. Same thing happened in Italy Bresca(spelling) got a tycoon around the same time as sheffield.. again their lingering around religation..

I was bored after about 15 seasons at liverpool and a 600mil transfer budget so I decided to start a new save with my home town Widzew Lodz in Poland. There was a tycoon take over for a mid table team that fell apart at the last second. I dodged a bullet as they would have made my life alot harder in that league but at the same time would be nice to get that league goin as im trying to do.

Amateur

Cheltenham were taken over by a Qatari oil baron on my save, while in the BSP. They've only managed to improve from a 4th place finish as he joined, to two consecutive 3rd place finishes, despite spending £3.3m on wages a year! Looks like they will be promoted at the third attempt though.

Amateur

Tottenham have just been taken over in my Burnley save, they sacked AVB and got in Michael Laurdrup... they went form a 4* team to a 5* after finishing 10th in the league, so far theyve spent 230m and are still in the process of signing aguero for 45m, crazy monies!! Im in 2016 btw.

And now fulham have been taken over by a greek tycoon, with the manager having 200m to spend... im struggling to get fourth each season with no budget (20m) and these guys are now going to be competing!!
    Last edited by Burnleyfan4life; 15-06-2012 at 19:25.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Burnleyfan4life View Post
    Tottenham have just been taken over in my Burnley save, they sacked AVB and got in Michael Laurdrup... they went form a 4* team to a 5* after finishing 10th in the league, so far theyve spent 230m and are still in the process of signing aguero for 45m, crazy monies!! Im in 2016 btw.

And now fulham have been taken over by a greek tycoon, with the manager having 200m to spend... im struggling to get fourth each season with no budget (20m) and these guys are now going to be competing!!
    Sounds like a challage tell us how they do next season.

Amateur

I have seen a few clubs have a tycoon take over but never at a club i am managing .The nearest i came was a mesage that a tycoon was interested in taking the club over but that was it and a while later another board member (Yvonne Allen)took over the reins of the club from Ken Bates .

Amateur

On a save I finished about 1 month ago, Valencia got a tycoon takeover in the 2072.

They had been flirting with relegation each season since their promotion back into La Liga in 2064, but rather sensationally, managed to avoid the drop even when it looked inevitable.

Anyway, some Mexican (iirc) businessman took control and started pumping tonnes of money into the club. New stadium and facilities announced in the first 3 years, as well as significant investment in the playing squad (about £400m over about 4/5 years). They got a top manager, a regen called Manuel Velasquez (or something like that) who had led Man Utd to 8 titles in 11 years (as well as 3 CL's, 2 WCC's, 7 FAC's, 5 CC's + 8 CS's), and they never looked back really.

I was the manager of Malaga, and they bought 4 players from me over the 5 or so years with a total bill of about £130m (of which, my chairman released about £40m :@ ), and they have gone on to pretty much dominate European football since the takeover.

Their first title was in (iirc) 2075, and in the next 10 years, they won 8 league titles and I think 5 CL's. I gave up trying to challenge them, because, it was impossible for the squad and finances I had and so I left to go back to League 2 Cheltenham Town, who I had at one point, got to the CL final after winning 3 successive PL's.

Part-Timer

can you still get a tycoon takeover at your club, if your small but with 73m in the bank?

Part-Timer

anyone else

Part-Timer

Birmingham just got a Czech tycoon takeover in season 2 in my save. Despite spending 32M on players they sit rock bottom of the EPL but have managed to get Jurgen Klopp from Dortmund as their manager after sacking Chris Hughton.

Banned

In my Vitesse save (already backed by a sugar daddy) .. PSV midway through the first season got a tycoon takeover.

In the 3 seasons since they have had Roberto Mancini, Carlo Ancelotti and currently have Jose Mourinho as managers... they all flopped miserably so far without a trophy to their name and probably spend at least 50m per season, if not near 100m on their squad. Got some good players, but the bloke dosent have patience, hence the revolving managerial door.

Amateur

West Ham were taken over by a Spanish Tycoon in my recent save(currently in the year 2026). They won the FA Cup soon after, beating Manchester United in the final 2-1, but are struggling in the new season and sit 10th in the league after spending £76M in the summer.

Semi Pro

Best Tycoon I've seen were Barrow in the Blue Square regionals. Seven seasons later and they are in the Championship, with a remarkably good team.

Others in my save include Coventry (League 1/ Championship yo-yoer) and AC Milan...

Amateur

Fulham got taken over by a tycoon in my save (29/11/2012) but so far they've not been too impressive except for one 4th place finish - they usually finish mid-table'ish

Amateur

If you can put Man United in debt, whilst still keeping your job, you will always get a tycoon take you over. I got United in huge debts and then got a tycoon take me over and give me £500m. I suppose if United needed a buyer who could get them for cheap in real life they would probably get a tycoon anyway as they would be in huge demand.

Semi Pro

After 5 years of being a sugar daddy, my chairman has just withdrawn his funding! However, he has still given me a huge transfer budget for the next season (I'm in June). £97m in the bank though... luckily I had bought a lot of high potential players, which should keep us going without the need for large investment.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by toon army 06 View Post
    yea but i meant anyone seen big tycoon takeovers for any team around the year 2029?
    What significance would that have? Neither takeovers nor their kind are precoded that far into the future. Only clubs which are for sale will also be taken over quickly in the game. Other than that, some attributes of the chairmen are responsible for the amount of time before they get tired of the club and sell it. What kind of takeover then happens, is pure chance with the odds for a tycoon one being the worst.

So nothing which happens in or around 2029 in other people's saves can be used to predict what may or may not happen in yours.

Quote Originally Posted by toon army 06 View Post
    can you still get a tycoon takeover at your club, if your small but with 73m in the bank?
    As far as I'm aware, the kind of takeover is not related to what position your clubs finds itself in. However I guess the likelihood of a tycoon takeover is well impacted by the club's reputation.

Amateur

Recently started a new save and half way through the season and Wisła Kraków have just been taken over by an American Tycoon. Will be interesting to see what they do once the January Transfer Window opens.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Things Could Get Messi View Post
    Had a tycoon before but wouldn't want one again. It just gave me the freedom to buy pretty much whoever I wanted. I like to buy young or cheap players and turn them into stars. If my club become good then I like to think most of it is down to what I have done. The tycoon took that away from me.
    See what you mean but just because you had the funds to purchase big players doesn't mean you have to.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters86 View Post
    Recently started a new save and half way through the season and Wisła Kraków have just been taken over by an American Tycoon. Will be interesting to see what they do once the January Transfer Window opens.
    could u upload your save pls

Amateur

Airdrie on fm10 game ended up with an italian tycoon.

Took them four seasons to get out the first division, the chairman there just seemed to pour money in every season. Their transfer budget matched celtic's at the time.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

This might be slightly off topic, but can I add my own tycoons with the editor? I know I can add non-players, but I can't set them specific as club owners or anything like that as far as I know. It would be more fun to see headlines like "Bill Gates buys Fulham FC" than some made up dutch tycoon.

First Team Squad Member

Monterrey in Mexico have just had a tycoon takeover on my save and PSV have had one on the missus game. In my game it looked like a tycoon was going to takeover an Algerian side but in the end the takeover failed.

Amateur

Im half way through an MLS season and I had most leagues already loaded and suddenly decided Id load the South African league up to. Prob not the smartest thing ive ever done considering the problems doing that can cause but did it anyway. Seems ok.....but one thing i noticed instantly was after clicking to progress to next day, every team in the league had the old transfer embargo message saying there about to be taken over.

anyone else had this? find it odd every team in the south african league would be having a take over currently happening.

staying on topic, ive never had a club im at get taken over but happens to other clubs constantly. Never noticed it making much difference though and I get no messages saying theyve got millions to spend like the image above in this thread. Would be an exciting addition to the new FM.

Would like to see Portsmouth and Rangers being an exciting challenge to take on in the new FM. But I get the feeling it will be similar to the current FM where they just get a new board and continue life as a normall club. In real life right now Portsmouth has 5 players listed as official squad members on there website (3 of them transfer listed and set to leave). Theyve had to play there friendlies with a load of Kids + a few trialists. Nobody knows whether the club will survive. I get the feeling on FM13 though theyll simply get a new board within days of game start and then sign a few people and live happily ever after as a normal club.

Atletico Madrid ALWAYS have a tycoon takeover on this years on my saves.

Amateur

How long do Chairmen stay at the club? Or is it just randomly selected?

And has the new chairman ever come in and completely cleared the debts straightaway?

Amateur

If one happens at my club, I tend to resign and pretend talks between myself and the new tycoon chairman have gone badly.

It is one way to ruin save imo. If you have never been in the position before, it's good fun, but after a few seasons first time, it does get boring.

Amateur

got a 500m transfer kitty at arsenal and no debts, 5th season

Semi Pro
    http://footballmanagerhowto.wordpress.com

Had a Tycoon takeover on FM11 with QPR while in the Championship. We reached the playoffs, but I deliberately lost the final to stay in the Championship, so that the reputation was a bit lower and that players of high reputation wouldn't be interested. Built a young, British side, obliterated the league, then quit. Even making it that bit more sensible by avoiding promotion and big-name players, it was still boring.

Playing as Athletic Club now on FM12, and it's like having a Tycoon as I've got £120m to spend, and the board still insist on adding to it during the season, but as it is money we have earned rather than been given, I'm not as inclined to spend it - not as though there is anyone to buy in 2017/18 anyway.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by simon07 View Post
    If one happens at my club, I tend to resign and pretend talks between myself and the new tycoon chairman have gone badly.

It is one way to ruin save imo. If you have never been in the position before, it's good fun, but after a few seasons first time, it does get boring.
    Erm, you don't have to spend the money just because you're given it.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 04-08-2012 at 10:38.

Semi Pro

Had one in FM09 or 10 at Rangers. Was really fun as I could reach my goals quicker and look more towards our academy.
    I can't get one atm as I'm playing in the Bundesliga, wouldn't need one anyways.

In my save though as far as I can tell, only Nottingham Forrest and Rangers have tycoons. Rangers just got one in 2020, and instantly boosted up to 'Continental' rep and starting signing heaps of players. Hopefully they get back on track and start winning things. I subscribe to them so found out they improved both facilities too.

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

I had a tycoon at Chievo in FM11 last year and they threw money at us, even in serie c. Currently I'm managing in Norway on '12 and AI managed club Brann had a tycoon takeover 6 seasons ago, cue the 6 year domination of Norwegian football league & cup and regular appearances in the CL knock-outs.

Amateur

Never Ever had one i do pray to get one but my grimsby team is the best in the world know so if anything they could fund the "Coulam Stadium"

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Erm, you don't have to spend the money just because you're given it.
    Imagine a team in real life having a multimillion pound takeover, and given say a £200m transfer budget, then the club's manager decides he doesn't want to spend any of it cause it would be boring/to easy. I'd imagine the chairman stepping in and investing into the team. For me, it makes the game feel more realistic and enjoyable to leave.
    Also, in real life, following heavy investment into a club, how many managers actually stay on? 25% or less i'd say.

Banned

I've seen a few but never been taken over by one myself, would love it if it ever happens though.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by simon07 View Post
    Also, in real life, following heavy investment into a club, how many managers actually stay on? 25% or less i'd say.
    Well now you're just making things up - we can all do that.

Amateur

Ive only had a tycoon takeover my club once in all versions of fm. Just my luck it was a mess around save where i downloaded one of them lower league structures where england went all the way down to level 11 (from this level it would take either 6 or 7 back to back promotions to get to the blue square north/south level) and i picked a team at the bottom. Low and behold i had a ukranian business man take over and pump money into the club. Only bad things was that i was that low a team (terrible league/reputation) that i couldn't really spend the money on anyone decent lol. I did afford some free players high wages though and walked the league as other teams barely had a squad. Got bored before the season finished and left lol FM 2010 i believe it was...

Amateur

Never happened to me, but I've just seen MK Dons get taken over by a Russian billionaire in 2014 on my save. It said he's injecting 85M to buy players - eeeeek.

Amateur

Not a tycoon, but my already successful Czech team (had won the CL once, next season quarters and season after that lost final) changed owners.

I had already bank account of 60 million, but new owners decided to add to my account another 50 million. In addition to summer transfer market with positive balance of 43 million (3 mil spent, 46 mil earned), I am now in Czech league with around 143 million euro's in the bank after stadium expansion and facilities improvements. This is enough cash reserves to pay the wages of my players for 10 seasons.

Amateur

When a club gets taken over by a tycoon it doesn't really matter that much. I gave Wembley FC a sugar daddy and they struggled to get promoted whereas in real life they'd just buy up the best players from the lower leagues and walk the league.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan10 View Post
    When a club gets taken over by a tycoon it doesn't really matter that much. I gave Wembley FC a sugar daddy and they struggled to get promoted whereas in real life they'd just buy up the best players from the lower leagues and walk the league.
    It doesn't really matter? I really do beg to differ, as I'm sure many other users will.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Atletico Madrid ALWAYS have a tycoon takeover on this years on my saves.
    Tottenham seem to get a lot on my saves, in my last three saves in each one Tottenham were taken over by a Tycoon.

Part-Timer

On FM 2010 Liverpool would always be bought out by a tycoon in the first year or so, who'd then give you 200m to spend the next summer

Amateur

It wasnt a tycoon of sorts but a consortium, headed by Oliver Beirhof, took over my Hearts save at the end of the first season, cleared a load of debt and chucked in a few million to help fund rebuilding the squad. Also has spent around 15m adding 15k seats to the stadium.

Also, sort of related....I know in older versions the chairman sometimes took matters into his own hands and signed the odd star player....does this still happen?

Amateur

My American Tycoon has just withdrew his funding for my Wisla side

Amateur

Udinese just been taken over on my game, so quit my job at Cardiff (who i have spend 10 years managing) applied for the job... got it & then 3 months later my tycoon decides to 'withdraw funding' :mad: one of the terms in the contact was 'sign high profile players' like that gonna happen now!

Amateur

had it happen on my Andelecht (I know i've spelt that wrong!) game. Had already won the Belgian league 3 years in a row when a tycoon from Saudi Arabia bought the club. Gave me a budget of around $150M, so I decided to bring all the Belgian players overseas back to their home nation. Just signed a 30 years Hazard for next season, cost me $45M! Into my forth year with the tycoon, won the league each year and the cup, 1 Europa league title and runners up in the CL. To memory I only have about 5 players in my squad who aren't Belgian (including a 19yr old Brazilian CB who is just amazing, picked him up for less than $1M a year ago and he's already worth $10M!), so I don't think I'm cheating too much with this extra money!

Amateur

I had a tycoon takeover my lowly Belarusian side in FM09 or FM10. I were playing Gundos challenge and had just gotten promoted to the top tier in Belarus and this Scottish billionaire bought my club and pumped in cash. Built a new stadium and improved the facilities. I had a transfer kitty of £20M, but the most expensive player who wanted to join me was valued at about £100k. Still, it was fun and I bought up most of the best player who wanted to join and won the league a couple of times. Didn't make much success in Europe though as the kind of players with quality enough to gain progress wouldn't join me. This was before dynamic league reputation anyhow.

Amateur

On last years game, I was at Arsenal when a tycoon took over - first thing he did was fire me.

Amateur

playing dafuge challenge with Kettering Town, i had a tycoon takeover at the end of my 4th season, when i was entering championship. And from a club with £60k wage budget and £0 transfer, i have now £450k wage and £11mln for transfers. And my new chairman is ambitious and "he will not rest untill the club will be among best in Europe" (his words)

Amateur

How do you find out if a team is being linked with a takeover? In FM12 I think it was events you ticked in the manage subscriptions for the leagues you picked then you would get messages saying teams were being linked or had a takeover but on FM13 I ticked the finances box in manage subscriptions for the leagues I had selected but I haven't seen one message about takeovers so must be doing something wrong.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hashassin View Post
    playing dafuge challenge with Kettering Town, i had a tycoon takeover at the end of my 4th season, when i was entering championship. And from a club with £60k wage budget and £0 transfer, i have now £450k wage and £11mln for transfers. And my new chairman is ambitious and "he will not rest untill the club will be among best in Europe" (his words)
    so after a year of having a tycoon as a chairman, my championship campaign ended in success (promotion to Premier League), so he decided to pull the plug... basta*d...

Amateur

wish there was an easier way to hear about the tycoon takeovers.

Unless im wrong I was told on these forums that the only way is to subscribe to pretty much every team playable in the game. This of course takes a looooooong time!

Amateur

In FM12 during my 2nd year with Hertha Berlino (escaped relegation by 1 point), an Arabian one came to lead the Club to the 3rd position and to the Champions League.
    I've been able to buy players like Bosingwa, Isco, Steven Davis, Nicolas Gaitan, Gazzi, Ciro Immobile and De Jong during the same transfer window.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hashassin View Post
    so after a year of having a tycoon as a chairman, my championship campaign ended in success (promotion to Premier League), so he decided to pull the plug... basta*d...
    That is weird that he did it after a sucessful period.
    Once when I was St. Johnstone manager in fm 12 Kilmarnock got a mega rich tycoon, spent about 40 million over 4 seasons and even had a string of respectable bosses. They couldn't ever knock me off the top of the table so after a while he withdrew his funding and they got relegated soon after, very satisfying.
    I thought then it would only happen after failure.

Just see it as a challenge, you got the lift up there, now you have to do the rest on your own!

Amateur

Had a few takeovers during the years, but never by a tycoon. On my current save Everton got taken over by a tycoon in 2017 and got relegated at the end of the season! :-D

Reserves

In 2030 with Newcastle and just moved into a new stadium, but the loan as a result is crippling. Hoping in the next few seasons I can get my first ever tycoon otherwise I could end up like Arsenal

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Fandel View Post

Just see it as a challenge, you got the lift up there, now you have to do the rest on your own!
    well, i still managed to go shopping and spent £50 mln on new players (god bless installments, and i had deals arranged for around 25 before he pulled the plug)... i even make steady profit every month (round 1-2 mln£), which is surprising, considering the fact my stadium is still at whooping 6,441 capacity.... but i have a new one past the planning stage and it will be built after the current season...

Semi Pro

I've played every version of FM averaging at least 20 sesaons per version but never had a tycoon take over.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 08-03-2013 at 18:05.

Amateur

Anyone know how the Spanish elections work? I have noticed that a few clubs have been voting for their new presidents, will this happen at my club eventually, i.e Real Madrid?

Part-Timer

Any club in FM can be taken over by a tycoon, or this just happens in UK in FM13?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast