+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Canuck on European Managerial Tour - Hitchiking Across the Continent Again!

Reserves

----------------------------------------

* = Denotes newgen

Goalkeepers - David De Gea (Manchester United), Vicente Guaita (Valencia), Sergio Asenjo (At. Madrid)

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Alvaro Rodriguez (At. Madrid), Jordi Amat (Malaga), Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Jose Francisco Salinas (At. Madrid)*, Jordi Alba (Valencia)

Midfielders - Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Thiago (Barcelona), Rubin Perez (At. Madrid), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Sergio Busquets (Manchester United)

Forwards - Iker Muniain (Athletic), Kleber (Malaga), Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Juan Diego (Sevilla)*

A couple changes from the previous squad. Juan Mata was suspended, so he wasn't eligible to be selected, and LB Jose Angel missed this selection because of injury. Newcomers Jose Francisco Salinas and Juan Diego are their replacements.

2022 World Cup Qualifying

Game 3: vs Cyprus - W 4-1 - Stats

We bring out the best of us at home, and another dominating win to boot.

Game 4: at Switzerland - W 4-0 - Stats

We're a bit different away from home though. The scoreline will say it was an easy win, but we didn't have many chances in the 1st half, and only late in the game when the Swiss wanted to push up for a goal did we fight back and score a few more goals to get another victory.

Standings

We're still at the top, but Ireland are close behind in 2nd.

----

Upcoming fixtures:

Nov. 14: vs England (Friendly)
    Nov. 18: at Belgium (Friendly)

These two teams are at the top of their respective World Cup qualifying groups, so they will be both tough opposition.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Well, that was brief!

You had a great couple of seasons with Brugge, but Spain is a huge step up! Good luck!
    Cheers AK22.

Reserves

* = Denotes newgen

Goalkeepers - David De Gea (Manchester United), Vicente Guaita (Valencia), Sergio Asenjo (At. Madrid)

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Alvaro Rodriguez (At. Madrid), Jordi Amat (Malaga), Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Jose Francisco Salinas (At. Madrid)*

Midfielders - Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Thiago (Barcelona), Rubin Perez (At. Madrid), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

Forwards - Iker Muniain (Athletic), Kleber (Malaga), Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Juan Diego (Sevilla)*, Ander Casado (Sporting)*

Jordi Alba is out with injury, and dropped Busquets. The replacements are Alvaro Vadillo and Ander Casado, both who have had impressive starts to the season. Casado is only 21 while Vadillo is 26. With the upcoming friendlies I'll be more willing to rotate and try some different things. For the most part I've stuck with the 4-2-4 with very good results but I would like to try out different players and combinations.

Manzano got injured, so Bojan (Barcelona) replaces him.

Friendlies

Nov. 14 - vs England - W 2-0 - Stats

Nov. 16 - at Belgium - L 0-2 - Stats

I was a bit disappointed with the Belgium game, because we really lacked the finishing compared to the other games I've managed with the team so far, but that was the game were I made the most adjustments and changes. As for my end of year assessment, I think we're really unbeatable at home, but on foreign soil we struggle a bit. I use the same tactics home and away but that might change. We will have to see next year.

2020 Record: 6 G - 5 W - 0 D - 1 L - 17 F - 7 A

2021 Fixtures (for now):

March 24: vs Luxembourg (WCQ)
    June 5: at Serbia (WCQ)
    Sept. 4: vs Ireland (WCQ)
    Sept. 8: at Cyprus (WCQ)
    Oct. 9: vs Switzerland (WCQ)
    Oct. 13: at Luxembourg (WCQ)

Amateur

Well, that was an amazing 17 days at Rubin! Full of accomplishment ;) Well done grabbing the Spain job, good luck qualifying for the World Cup

Reserves

2020 Year in Review

BARCELONA - The 2020 season for the Spanish national team has just ended, and looking back, it was a fantastic year for La Furia Roja. The Spanish team won the most prestigious tournament on the continent, the European Championship, and are well on their way to qualifying for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Here's a look at the best of the national team in 2020.

Starting at the back, there's Manchester United 'keeper David De Gea. The 30 year old has been a steady presence for club and country and he still has many years left in him to play at a high level. On defense, it's a slightly aged line as Mikel San Jose, Alvaro Dominguez, Gerard Pique, and Cesar Azpilicueta are all above 30, and Marc Bartra is nearly 30 as well.

In midfield, there's the main quartet of Kiko Femenia, Javi Martinez, Iker Muniain, and Cesc Fabregas. They are certainly not getting any younger, but for now they are still at the very top of their game.

Up front, there's a young star in Patricio Manzano. Kleber and Bojan are the other two familiar faces who played this past year.

There are also some stars of tomorrow that are looking to make a name for themselves in 2021 on the senior team. The likes of Ander Casado, Jose Francisco Salinas, and Juan Diego are already getting chances to play competitive games for the senior team and have every opportunity to become the great Spanish footballer. There will be more youngsters who will get a glimpse of the international stage as they continue to improve with their club teams and this will only help Spain as a whole in future competitions to keep winning. It will be important to have a seamless transition to the next crop of Spanish superstars so the current world rankings leader will continue to be #1 in the future.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Well, that was an amazing 17 days at Rubin! Full of accomplishment ;) Well done grabbing the Spain job, good luck qualifying for the World Cup
    Cheers Scarman. I did do something at Rubin, signing a 3rd string 'keeper during my 2.5 week stay.

Third Team

Not too bad a start with Spain,I have to like Manzano and Casado,that looks like it can be a scary partnership up front

Reserves

FEBRUARY 10, 2021

FRIENDLY - VS SWEDEN

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - Sergio Asenjo (At. Madrid), David De Gea (Manchester United), Vicente Guaita (Valencia)

Defenders - Jordi Amat (Malaga), Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Rodriguez (At. Madrid), Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Jose Francisco Salinas (At. Madrid)*, Mikel San Jose (Athletic)

Midfielders - Eugenio Cagigas (At. Madrid)*, Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

Forwards - Ander Cassado (Sporting)*, Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Iker Muniain (Athletic), Jorge Visconti (Deportivo)*

With an early February international friendly against 15th ranked Sweden, I decided to experiment some more, dropping the likes of striker Kleber, who is having a poor season with Malaga, and Gerard Pique, because I wanted to try some other long term options. The replacements are Alfredo Lobo, 21, who's having a good season with Fiorentina, and Jorge Visconti, 25, an Argentine who took Spanish citizenship, and might make his first appearance for Spain. It's important that we keep bleeding some new talent in the friendlies to give players a look without any pressure of qualifying or World Cup/Euro games.

It's great to see how exciting the future of Spanish football is up front, with the likes of Cassado, Manzano, and Juan Diego (who's currently injured), with Visconti (who will still be eligible for Argentina after this match regardless) as s good backup option. Our newgen midfielders and defenders are good, but don't have the depth just yet.

W 1-0 - Stats

Our finishing was poor, but the players that came into the squad were good, and the fans go home happy.

Upcoming Fixtures:

March 24: vs Luxembourg (WCQ)
    June 5: at Serbia (WCQ)
    -----
    June 14: vs Colombia (Confederations Cup)
    June 17: vs Qatar (Confederations Cup)
    June 20: vs Cameroon (Confederations Cup)
    -----
    Sept. 4: vs Ireland (WCQ)
    Sept. 8: at Cyprus (WCQ)
    Oct. 9: vs Switzerland (WCQ)
    Oct. 13: at Luxembourg (WCQ)

So as you can also see, we have the Confederations Cup since we're the winners of the 2020 Euros. Our group consists of Colombia, Qatar, and Cameroon, while the other group has Argentina, Australia, Mexico, and....Tuvalu, who beat New Zealand 1-0 in the 2020 OFC Nations Cup Final! They actually have no real players...anywhere.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Not too bad a start with Spain,I have to like Manzano and Casado,that looks like it can be a scary partnership up front
    Cheers B.W.G. It's nice to see not everyone comes from Madrid and Barca, as Manzano and Casado have played for the same club their entire careers.

And tsk tsk Wigan, never seen this before:

Youth Team

Nice to see a few newgens making the grade in the Spanish national side

Reserves

MARCH 24, 2021

2022 World Cup Qualifier - vs Luxembourg

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - Sergio Asenjo (At. Madrid), David De Gea (Manchester United), Vicente Guaita (Valencia)

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Jose Angel (Malaga), Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Jose Francisco Salinas (At. Madrid)*, Mikel San Jose (Athletic)

Midfielders - Jordi Alba (Valencia), Sergio Busquets (Manchester United), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla), Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

Forwards - Ander Cassado (Sporting)*, Kleber (Malaga), Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*

Dropped include Jordi Amat, Alvaro Rodriguez (injury), Alfredo Lobo, Iker Muniain (injury), and Jorge Visconti. Returning to the squad include Pique, Buscquets, Juan Diego, Kleber, and Jose Angel.

Spain 5-0 Luxembourg - Stats

So an expected win over Luxmebourg.

Standings

We're still perfect and Ireland are still right behind us.

Next match: June 5 in Serbia before we head off to Qatar for the Confederations Cup.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Nice to see a few newgens making the grade in the Spanish national side
    Yup. Some aren't ready for competitive fixtures yet, but I'll be keeping an eye on them with their club teams.

The current core who are consistently playing in WCQ will be playing in Qatar provided they are healthy.

First Team Regular

Well, that was an amazing 17 days at Rubin! Full of accomplishment ;)
    Think he beat cerud for shortest stint at a club.

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

just caught up with your progress, a very productive time at Rubin! Good luck in the Confed cup with Spain, I'm sure Ricky Nakano can take them to glory! Also the transfer embargo feature has been around since at least FM10, I remember on a Portsmouth save game I was playing it happened, couldn't sign players and the administrator accepted all 'reasonable' bids for any of the players, lost all 3 of the first teamers I'd brought through from the U18 side .

Reserves

JUNE 5, 2021

2022 World Cup Qualifier - at Serbia

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Jose Angel (Malaga), Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Jordi Alba (Valencia), Sergio Busquets (Manchester United), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla), Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

Forwards - Ander Cassado (Sporting)*, Kleber (Malaga), Iker Muniain (Athletic)

A couple minor changes, and both replacements coming in are Athletic players. Patxi Ugaide, 23, replaces Jose Francisco Salinas and could be in line for his first appearance for Spain, and Manzano is unavailable because of injury so Iker Muniain replaces him. Azpilicueta suffered an injury and is replaced by Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), who might make his 160th appearance for Spain.

The average age of this squad is 30.

Serbia 1-4 Spain - Stats

It was a closer game than it looked. Serbia had the ball quite a lot in the early going, but we scored that first goal, and then the second goal, to put pressure on them. We weren't exactly on our best but we won and that's what's important.

Standings

We're still 3 points ahead of Ireland and the next qualifying match will be against them at home in September.

Next up: the Confederations Cup in Qatar! The whole competition will be in one post.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Yep My 60 days in LA were beautiful but nothing like 17 in Russia!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Might have to check cerud on that one. He didn't stay in LA for long in his previous save.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    just caught up with your progress, a very productive time at Rubin! Good luck in the Confed cup with Spain, I'm sure Ricky Nakano can take them to glory! Also the transfer embargo feature has been around since at least FM10, I remember on a Portsmouth save game I was playing it happened, couldn't sign players and the administrator accepted all 'reasonable' bids for any of the players, lost all 3 of the first teamers I'd brought through from the U18 side .
    Cheers Paul! I didn't even play one pre-season game before leaving.

I've seen this feature around but only in GD, I never actually saw it in my own game before till now.

I've gotten offers from Shakhtar, Fenerbahce, and Galatasaray so far, but have applied to Real Madrid and Man Utd jobs without any luck, so this job has helped me increase my rep somewhat, and I will examine my options after the 2022 World Cup...

Reserves

Yep My 60 days in LA were beautiful but nothing like 17 in Russia!
    I didn't even beat my own record. In FM10, I spent 14 days at Wexford Youths in Ireland.

Reserves

You're just afraid of commitment ;)

Reserves

2021 FIFA Confederations Cup - Hosts: Qatar

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Defenders - Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Jose Angel (Malaga), Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Jordi Alba (Valencia), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla), Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

Forwards - Ander Cassado (Sporting)*, Kleber (Malaga), Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Iker Muniain (Athletic)

We only have one change. Out goes Busquets (most dispensable out of everyone on the squad) and in comes Manzano, who will hopefully be match fit when the games start. No way I'm leaving a player out who's averaging a goal a game internationally this season.

Group Stage

Game 1 - vs Colombia - W 3-1 - Stats

Game 2 - vs Qatar - W 2-0 - Stats

Game 3 - vs Cameroon - D 1-1 - Stats

Two wins and 1 draw usually should be enough to top the group, but Cameroon had a better goal difference, so they finish group winners while we're 2nd. We could have played a bit better but we (mostly) got the results we wanted.

Standings

As expected, Mexico and Argentina advance in the other group. We will face Group A winners Mexico in the Semi-Final.

Semi-Final - vs Mexico - W 2-0 - Stats

It was an even match, but we got that early goal and we got a late goal to secure the victory. Argentina beat Cameroon in the other semi.

Final - vs Argentina - W 1-0 - Stats

I went into the final with a conservative approach unlike the group stage games, and we did well enough to get that one goal and win the Confederations Cup!

Last edited by rancer890; 19-06-2012 at 19:28.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    You're just afraid of commitment ;)
    That too....gotta keep things fresh. ;)

Third Team

Good performance in the Confederation Cup,although it should be 2021 not 2022 ;)

Reserves

Good performance in the Confederation Cup,although it should be 2021 not 2022 ;)
    Just thinking a year ahead!...

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Just thinking a year ahead!...
    Afraid of commitment but thinks ahead... Ladies must be flocking ;)

Reserves

2021 International Friendly - vs Northern Ireland

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - Sergio Asenjo (At. Madrid), David De Gea (Manchester United), Nene (Real Madrid)*

Defenders - Jordi Amat (Malaga), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Dominguez (At. Madrid), Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Jordi Alba (Valencia), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla), Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

Forwards - Ander Cassado (Sporting)*, Jaime Hidalgo (Valencia)*, Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Iker Muniain (Athletic)

An experimental squad before qualifiers. Free agent Guaita is out, and Brazilian born Nene, who tracked since I become manager of Spain while at Elche and now at Real Madrid, is in. Jordi Amat and Lobo are back in, and Dominguez returns after missing out on the Confederations Cup because of injury. The midfield group are the same, and upfront, Kleber is out and Hidalgo, 25, can make his second career international appearance.

If there's one thing I learned about the Confederations Cup, it's the fact that I have to start bleeding some youngsters in, so it's highly unlikely the likes of Pique and Ramos will ever get another cap under my management.

Spain 2-0 Northern Ireland - Stats

A solid win, despite that we couldn't finish the game with 11 men...

Next five matches will be qualifying games and I might make more changes as I look to get (somewhat) younger with the squad.

Amateur

Very nice work getting the Spain job. Good luck in the Confederations Cup!

Reserves

2021 September

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - Sergio Asenjo (At. Madrid), David De Gea (Manchester United), Nene (Real Madrid)*

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Dominguez (At. Madrid), Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Sergio Busquets (Manchester United), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla), Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

Forwards - Ander Cassado (Sporting)*, Jaime Hidalgo (Valencia)*, Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Iker Muniain (Athletic)

Cesar Azpilicueta draws back into the squad, replacing Jordi Amat. Jordi Alba, who I wasn't really playing much, is dropped in favour of Sergio Busquets. The next two games against Ireland and Cyprus are pivotal to our chances of clinching top spot in the group and automatically going to the World Cup.

September 4 - vs Ireland - W 2-0 - Stats

After the match, De Gea had a strained neck so Vicente Guaita, who's still a free agent, is back in. One more win and we're officially going to Qatar again.

September 8 - at Cyprus - W 2-0 - Stats

And we're going to the World Cup!

Standings

Spain and England are the only 2 undefeated teams in the competition and are the first two European teams to secure a spot in Qatar. Nene has now been tied to Spain for his international career.

Reserves

Afraid of commitment but thinks ahead... Ladies must be flocking ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Very nice work getting the Spain job. Good luck in the Confederations Cup!
    Cheers cswalk08. We already won it.

Amateur

D'oh! I think I didn't realize there was a page 2. I do that a lot.

Some nice wins in charge of Spain .

Reserves

D'oh! I think I didn't realize there was a page 2. I do that a lot.
    It's ok, I've done that a couple of times.

Reserves

2021 October

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Dominguez (At. Madrid), Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Jose Francisco Salinas (At. Madrid) Mikel San Jose (Athletic)

Midfielders - Sergio Busquets (Manchester United), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla), Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

The same 3 'keepers are here for the final qualifying games, although Asenjo isn't a starter anymore. So we're down to 2 good 'keepers. Ugaide is dropped and Jose Francisco Salinas returns temporarily. The rest are the same because no one has impressed me enough to replace them even for a couple (meaningless) matches.

October 9 - vs Switzerland - D 1-1 - Stats

October 13 - at Luxembourg - W 4-0 - Stats

We could have done a bit better against the Swiss, but our finishing was terrible. At Luxembourg we did what we were supposed to do with squad mostly at full strength.

Standings

So we finish qualifying on top. The other nations who have automatically qualified include: Turkey, England, Belgium, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Italy, and Bulgaria.

The second place teams qualifying, typed by their position in second place group: Sweden, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Slovenia, Israel, Greece, and Romania. Bosnia & Herzegovina was the other second place team and only team to not make it to the playoffs.

Notable failures include: Portugal (3rd in Group 3), Croatia (3rd in Group 7), and Germany (3rd in Group 9).

----

We have two upcoming friendlies to end the year: November 13 at Slovakia, and November 17 at home against Peru.

Reserves

Cool offer, but I'm sticking to my guns and rejecting it. I won't even consider a team till near the end of the 2021-22 season.

Third Team

Doing well with Spain, nice to see Ireland finishing second

Reserves

2021 November

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - Julian (Levante)*, Pemphero Matano (Valencia)*, Nene (Real Madrid)*

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Dominguez (At. Madrid), Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Sergio Busquets (Manchester United), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla)*, Juan Pedro (Valencia)*, Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

----

Asenjo and De Gea are both injured, so I have to call up the 4th and 5th options. Ugaide returns to the squad and replaces Salinas, and Juan Pedro (25) is the new addition, temporarily replacing Thiago.

----

November 13th - at Slovakia - W 4-0 - Stats

November 17th - vs Peru - W 4-2 - Stats

A couple straightforward friendly games.

In other news, France, Israel, Netherlands, and Greece will be going to the World Cup.

-----

Full list of teams who will enter in the draw in December for the groups in the 2022 World Cup:

Hosts - Qatar
    AFC - Japan, Iran, South Korea, Saudi Arabia
    CONMEBOL - Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia
    UEFA - Spain, England, Turkey, Belgium, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Italy, Bulgaria, France, Greece, Israel, Netherlands
    CONCACAF - Mexico, Costa Rica, USA
    CAF - Cameroon, South Africa, Algeria, Nigeria, Morocco

Youth Team

no Canada...

Reserves

no Canada...
    Standings

Costa Rica vs Canada

In short, Canada could have went to Qatar....but they choked.

Reserves

2022 World Cup: Hosts - Qatar

Everyone has gathered around to view the draw for the 2022 World Cup. Spain are one of the 1st seeds in the competition, and manager Ricky Nakano has no expectations.

"Whoever we face, we're fine with that," he said, "who we face in the Group Stage is out of our control. Regardless of who we face, we're going to continue in to work on all phases of our tactics in training, make sure our players are in peak physical fitness, and look at film during our off-pitch sessions to examine the tendencies of our opponents and devise a gameplan against them to come out victorious. We're heading to Qatar to do one thing, and that's to lift the trophy in the Final."

Here's the results of the draw:

Group A - Algeria (34th), Bulgaria (43rd), Qatar (71st), USA (50th)
    Group B - Brazil (4th), Costa Rica (54th), England (7th), France (12th)
    Group C - Colombia (15th), Japan (64th), Netherlands (11th), Russia (18th)
    Group D - Argentina (2nd), Czech Republic (21st), Mexico (5th), South Africa (10th)
    Group E - Cameroon (3rd), Greece (19th), Iran (69th), Uruguay (35th)
    Group F - Belgium (17th), Chile (8th), Saudi Arabia (57th), Turkey (9th)
    Group G - Israel (28th), Italy (6th), Morocco (14th), South Korea (47th)
    Group H - Australia (46th), Nigeria (13th), Spain (1st), Ukraine (24th)

Overall, there are some interesting groups. It'll be fun in Group B and D. Spain's group will be straightforward.

Youth Team

Good luck at the WC- I'm expecting big things, considering you've sacrificed your club career for this national side

Reserves

Yeah, it had better pay off

Reserves

Good luck at the WC- I'm expecting big things, considering you've sacrificed your club career for this national side
    Yeah, it had better pay off
    The school of thought was to focus on Spain until at least the World Cup, and then go clubbing. As in find a club team to manage of course, not that other definition.

If I manage a club I will quit Spain.

And besides, some managers at big clubs will venture into international management after the World Cup, so there will be openings.

Third Team

Should do quite well,I reckon quarter finals at minimum if I was the Spanish FA but I'm not and they probably want you in the semis

Reserves

2021 Year in Review

BARCELONA - La Furia Roja have confirmed their place in the 2022 World Cup earlier in the year and in 2021 they won the FIFA Confederations Cup. Another year with manager Ricky Nakano, another year with a lot of success as the team finished the year unbeaten 15 competitive and friendly games. 2022 is a big year with the World Cup in Qatar, and with everyone in Spain expecting the team to be successful and lift that trophy.

I didn't use the 442 for one second in 2021, yet the best XI is in that formation...anyways onto the key players for Spain.

David De Gea was once again the main starter, but a backup has emerged in Nene, who also led Brazilian and Portuguese passports. If he's the main starter at Real Madrid, I'm sure he's got some good talent. He's a solid #2 'keeper for the Spanish team.

Martin Montoya, Mikel San Jose, Marc Bartra, and Ivaro Dominguez are all a year older, but they're still talented enough to play at a high level and on the national team for the upcoming World Cup. Patxi Ugaide and Alfredo Lobo will be part of the future.

The midfield has largely stayed the same, with Kiko Femenia, Javi Martinez, Iker Muniain, Cesc Fabregas, and Ivaro Vadillo are still my key midfielders. I haven't had anyone who will be key for the next generation of Spanish internationals.

Our forwards are very talented, with Patricio Manzano and Ander Casado being our key players. Kleber has been having a good season with Malaga and the veteran will definitely get a good in camp after the season. Jaime Hidalgo has emerged as well as a good option as well and I'll want to give him an extended look.

2022 Fixtures:

March 2: at Ecuador
    May 24: vs Ivory Coast
    May 28: vs Brazil
    June 6: vs Ghana
    ----​World Cup
    June 15: vs Nigeria
    June 20: vs Australia
    June 24: vs Ukraine

Reserves

Should do quite well,I reckon quarter finals at minimum if I was the Spanish FA but I'm not and they probably want you in the semis
    If everything goes to plan we'll be #1.

I'm most worried how we'll do against Africa teams in particular. Cameroon was a real challenge in the Confed Cup and learned a lot about how we should play in such a short competition.

Amateur

Yes the USA are in a fantastic group to advance through!! Oh and good luck to you with Spain

Reserves

Comfortable group.

Reserves

2022 March

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - David De Gea (Manchester United), Pemphero Matano (Valencia)*, Nene (Real Madrid)*

Defenders - Jordi Amat (Malaga), Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Dominguez (At. Madrid), Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla)*, Juan Pedro (Valencia)*, Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona)

----

Sergio Busquets is injured for a couple months and I'm not sure if he'll make the World Cup squad. Alvaro Vadillo is also out with injury. So two familiar faces draw back in with Jordi Amat and Thiago. Cesc Fabregas and Cesar Azpilicueta so they will be replaced by Iban Virgili, 24 (Valencia), and Antonio Garcia, 23 (Cagliari). And then De Gea and Azpilicueta are withdrawn so Jose Francisco Salinas (At. Madrid), and Vicente Guaita (Malaga) are recalled.

W 3-2 - Stats

I was expecting a slightly easier match, but Ecuador put up a good fight. I worked on attacking movement this match and although I was really happy with our display offensively, the movement from offense to defense wasn't very good. The next game will be after the club season and I would be willing to sign on the dotted line with the right club.

It's not the friendlies I would have arranged, but Ivory Coast, Brazil, and Ghana will have to do. 30 players will have to impress by the end of the season to be picked for the preliminary squad.

Youth Team

Looks like a straightforward group for you. Good chance of an easy(ish) opponent in the next round too ;)

Youth Team

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that group.

Reserves

2022 May

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - David De Gea (Manchester United), Vicente Guaita (Malaga), Pemphero Matano (Valencia)*, Nene (Real Madrid)*

Defenders - Jordi Amat (Malaga), Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Dominguez (At. Madrid), Eduardo (At. Madrid)*, Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Jordi Alba (Porto), Eugene Cagigas (At. Madrid), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla)*, Juan Pedro (Valencia)*, Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis), Iban Virgill (Valencia)*

Forwards - Ander Cassado (Sporting)*, Jaime Hidalgo (Valencia)*, Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Iker Muniain (Athletic), Pedro (Celta)*

----

Spain manager Ricky Nakano has announced his 30 man preliminary squad for the upcoming 2022 World Cup. There are no real surprises and thankfully no injuries so the squad will at full strength. Gone are the likes of Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos (who will both be retiring in July) and Sergio Busquets. 7 of these players will be cut, and those on the fringes will be given the most opportunity to impress. However, with only 3 friendlies before the Group Stages, opportunities will be slim and those on the bubble will have to make a great first impression to secure their spot on the final 23 man squad.

Reserves

2022 World Cup Squad announced

* = Denotes newgen

Squad:

Goalkeepers - David De Gea (Manchester United), Vicente Guaita (Malaga), Nene (Real Madrid)*

Defenders - Jordi Amat (Malaga), Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Alvaro Dominguez (At. Madrid), Alfredo Lobo (Fiorentina)*, Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Patxi Ugaide (Athletic)*

Midfielders - Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Juan Diego (Sevilla)*, Ruben Perez (At. Madrid), Thiago (Barcelona), Alvaro Vadillo (Betis)

----

The following players have been cut from the team: Pemphero Matano, Eduardo, Jordi Alba, Eugene Cagigas, Juan Pedro, Pedro, and Iban Virgill. Unfortunately, there was only one game before the cut off date to announce the final squad so there wasn't much time for the fringe players to impress. Manager Ricky Nakano has opted for experience, as the main squad that would be taken to the World Cup are veterans of the national team, and the unlucky players cut did not feature much in the friendlies and competitive matches earlier in the year and late last year. The squad will down take on Brazil and Ghana before the Group Stages begin.

Third Team

Good luck in the World Cup,do Spain proud

Reserves

Bad news. Torn hamstring.

Amat is also injured for 3 weeks.

We defeated Ivory Coast 4-2, drew Brazil 1-1, and beat Ghana 2-1 in the World Cup tune-up friendlies.

Reserves

2022 World Cup - Hosts: Qatar

Group H: Australia, Nigeria, Spain, Ukraine

Game 1: vs Nigeria - W 3-2

Game 2: vs Australia - W 5-2

Game 3: vs Ukraine - W 3-0

Standings - Spain (9 pts), Nigeria (6 pts), Ukraine (3 pts), Australia (0 pts)

So despite a bit of a scare in the Nigeria and Australia matches, we managed to win the group. I would have to say our defense wasn't very good at all, but we got away with it for the Group Stages at least. Here are the other standings in the other groups:

Group A: USA (6 pts), Qatar (4 pts), Algeria (4 pts), Bulgaria (2 pts)
    Group B: France (7 pts), England (6 pts), Brazil (2 pts), Costa Rica (1 pt)
    Group C: Netherlands (6 pts), Russia (5 pts), Japan (4 pts), Colombia (1 pt)
    Group D: South Africa (9 pts), Mexico (6 pts), Argentina (3 pts), Czech Republic (0 pts)
    Group E: Cameroon (6 pts), Iran (6 pts), Uruguay (3 pts), Greece (3 pts)
    Group F: Chile (9 pts), Turkey (6 pts), Belgium (3 pts), Saudi Arabia (0 pts)
    Group G: Italy (9 pts), Morocco (6 pts), Israel (3 pts), South Korea (0 pts)

Since Morocco finished in 2nd, we will be facing them in the Second Round

Second Round: vs Morocco - L 1-2

We played poorly, and a late goal killed us....

Second Round Results:

England 2-1 USA
    France 3-0 Qatar
    Mexico 2-0 Netherlands
    Russia 0-2 South Africa
    Cameroon 3-4 Turkey
    Chile 1-2 Iran
    Italy 4-4 (p) Nigeria
    Spain 1-2 Morocco

Quarter-Final Results:

England 2-1 South Africa
    France 1-0 Mexico
    Turkey 3-0 Morocco
    Iran 2-1 Nigeria

Semi-Final Results:

England (p) 1-1 Iran
    France 2-0 Turkey

3rd Place Playoff:

Turkey 2-3 Iran

Final:

England 0-1 France

------

Sackings/resignations:

Argentina, France, Spain, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Bulgaria, Nigeria, Czech Republic, USA, Chile, Italy, Turkey, England, Russia.

I didn't press resign from Spain but apparently the news item said I resigned. I was planning to resign after the tournament anyways so I guess the game did it for me...

Reserves

Good luck in the World Cup,do Spain proud
    Well we didn't meet expectations....

Amateur

Unlucky in the World Cup, international football can be rough Any potential jobs open?

Reserves

Unlucky in the World Cup, international football can be rough Any potential jobs open?
    I have a couple offers, and since Photobucket is undergoing maintenance right now, here they are:

FC Bayern Munchen:

Transfer Budget: $24.5 million
    Wage Budget: $121 million (currently spending $109 million)

Inter:

Transfer Budget: $93 million
    Wage Budget: $181 million (currently spending $144 million)

Still very undecided which one to take....

Reserves

I had a rough time with Spain as well.

Youth Team

Unlucky - knockout football can be tough at times...

I'd go for Bayern I think - a bit of a tighter budget, more of a challenge

Reserves

FC Bayern Munchen hire Canadian manager Ricky Nakano

JULY 11, 2022

MUNCHEN - German football giants Bayern Munchen have hired Canadian Ricky Nakano as the next manager of the club. He previously had experience in Belgium with Zulte Waregem and Club Brugge, and was recently the head coach of the Spanish national team.

"I'm very happy to be here and be the new manager at Bayern Munchen," Nakano stated, "I'm thankful of the opportunity given to me here. We have won 6 of the last 8 Bundesliga titles and I look forward to continuing the winning tradition."

"However, we are not happy with our 3rd place finish last year, and we will have to work hard to get back on top. I will examine the structure at the club in the coming days, and we will improve for the better."

He has signed a 5 year deal, worth $2.2 million a year.

----

I would like to post some screenshots of the squad, etc., but that will have to wait till photobucket comes back.

Last edited by rancer890; 22-06-2012 at 14:50.

Reserves

I had a rough time with Spain as well.
    We were a bit crap in the friendlies leading up to it. My tactics worked better with a club team than an international one.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Unlucky - knockout football can be tough at times...

I'd go for Bayern I think - a bit of a tighter budget, more of a challenge
    My thoughts exactly.

Reserves

Good choice with Bayern.

Youth Team

Tough time with Spain, but Bayern Munich should be better

Third Team

Shame about the reign with Spain but best of luck at Bayern,I have more confidence that you can succeed there.

Reserves

FC Bayern Munchen - 1.Bundesliga - 2022-2023 Off-season signings

MUNCHEN - The transfer window has closed and German giants Bayern Munchen have made some minor changes to the squad. Manager Ricky Nakano has only opted to sign one player, with the previous regime signing the 3 other players.

"I elected not to make many changes to the squad," the Canadian manager stated in an interview, "I feel that we already have a strong nucleus here, and I believe that it would be best to just make minor changes and improve the squad depth.

Davor Kovacev - a big money signing from Montpellier, Kovacev is an immediate upgrade over our current core and he's a fantastic addition for us.

Florian Zinnbauer - he trained with the Bayern youth, went to Willem II, then to Feyenoord a year later, and then back to Die Bayern. He has improved a lot and we welcome him back to the club

Berry Huizinga - right back was a position we were previously weak in, and he gives an immediate upgrade.

Nuri Sahin - this was my actual only signing to the club. He's not on permanent contract but he still has great talent. He will be important this upcoming season.

The squad is still a bit large for my liking, but we'll try to manage. One player in particular is Tobias Sen, who is already on the matchday squad at 16 and I think I will play him as much as I can so he can reach his potential!

---

We defeated Celtic in the Best Placed Playoff 3-1 on aggregate, and will go to the Group Stage of the competition. The board have high hopes as they want to at least get to the Semi-Final.

In the Group Stage, we will be against Manchester City, Sevilla, and familiar foe Sint-Truiden from my days in Belgium. We will be in Group F. The other groups include:

Group A - PSG, Porto, Vitesse, Litex
    Group B - Chelsea, Malaga, Rangers, CFR Cluj
    Group C - Tottenham, CSKA Moscow, Dortmund, Shamrock Rovers
    Group D - Inter, FC Twente, At. Madrd, Lech
    Group E - Barcelona, Milan, Metalist, Fenerbahce
    Group F - Manchester City, FC Bayern, Sevilla, Sint-Truiden
    Group G - Manchester United, Stuttgart, Zenit, Basel
    Group H - Marseille, Juventus, Ajax, AEK

Reserves

Good choice with Bayern.
    Tough time with Spain, but Bayern Munich should be better
    Shame about the reign with Spain but best of luck at Bayern,I have more confidence that you can succeed there.
    Cheers lads. Unlike Zulte Waregem and Club Brugge, I won't have to do a total rebuild but getting younger will be the key for long term success.

First Team Squad Member

desperately unlucky with Spain, the loss to Morocco must've been pretty hard to take. Good luck with Bayern though, not quite the group of death in the CL but Sevilla could cause you a few problems!

Amateur

Good luck with Bayern!

Not the easiest of European groups I must say. I cant see Sint-Truiden doing much .

Reserves

Should still be able to qualify, the Belgians however...

Youth Team

Good luck for the season - could be a tight battle for the top two spots in that Champions League group!

Youth Team

Didn't see you losing to Morocco!

Good luck in Munich- are they still the dominant force of German football?

Third Team

Wondering who finished above them when they finished in 3rd, Dortmund and one other team?

Amateur

Bad luck in the World Cup! but good luck with Bayern!

Reserves

@Everyone: Cheers.

I usually don't post updates midseason due to superstition but this league title is going down to the wire!

Youth Team

Been involved in the same sort of finale...nerve wracking!

Reserves

Matchday 32:

FC Bayern 2-0 Dusseldorf
    Koln 0-1 Stuttgart
    Dortmund 6-1 Werden Bremen

Standings:

1st - Dortmund - 78pts - +58 G.D.
    2nd - FC Bayern - 78pts - +50 G.D.
    3rd - Stuttgart - 78pts - +50 G.D.

Oh crap. Didn't expect such a big win by Dortmund...

Matchday 33:

Wolfsburg vs FC Bayern
    Stuttgart vs Dortmund

So a BIG fixture between two teams fighting for the title. We have to do our job though.

Reserves

Matchday 33:

Wolfsburg 3-1 FC Bayern
    Stuttgart 0-2 Dortmund

Standings:

1st - Dortmund - 81pts - +60 G.D.
    2nd - FC Bayern - 78pts - +48 G.D.
    3rd - Stuttgart - 78pts - +48 G.D.

Well, Dortmund is all but secured the title now. In our game against Wolfsburg, we more or less played like ****. We face Werder Bremen in our last game. Dortmund face Gladbach, and Stuttgart are away at Nurnburg.

Shame on the defeat to Wolfsburg.

Third Team

Unlucky, but there's always next season!

Third Team

You ran it close,better luck next season.

Reserves

You need a miracle now.

Reserves

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2022-2023

Standings | Fixtures - A below start meant we were never really a threat for the title till the very end, but Dortmund were just too strong.

UEFA Champions League - Choke job. If we defeated Sin-Triuden, we would have advanced, but no, we had to draw them, and thus we finished 3rd.

UEFA Europa League - We did well, like coming back against Lyon in the second leg in the Second Knockout Round, but of course we had to face Real Madrid, and we lost 9-2 on aggregate.

DFB-Pokal - We should have won that Semi-Final, but we didn't.

Transfers - We didn't sign a a lot of players since I joined but there's a decent nucleus in place.

Florian Zinnbauer, Davor Kovacev, and Berry Huizinga were decent players but they're overpaid.

Nuri Sahin - he's past his peak now, but he provided good service for one season. He isn't coming back.

Amor Denden - my second signing of the season is this talented midfielder. He's German and he's got good potential. He will be part of the nucleus in the future.

Squad - The stars say it's a decent squad. I say the squad needs some reinforcements in the summer...

However, we do have Manuel Neuer, who looks like he can still play for another season or two at a high level, but we should start looking for a young 'keeper soon as the eventual replacement. We have a couple good midfielders in Jose Ignacio Pallares and Torsten Tank. Up front, there's Sekou Diallo, Nene, and Rustem Plotnikov are the three headed monster, although one was injured for a third of the season (Nene), one was ineffective in the league (Plotnikov), and the other is just plain average.

Some good pieces here, but if we want to compete, we need better players.

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

We still have some money, but I'll be looking to make more profit in the coming years.

Goals for Next season

• Get a new team at Bayern Munchen. This current group will never win another league title. We will get younger and better.
    • I still have 4 years left on my contract, so job security isn't a big deal yet. However, I need to greatly improve my performance next season.

Career Summary:

Overview

Code:
    Year        Team              Country    League                   Position                                 Notes
    2016-2017   SV Zulte Waregem  Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            3rd             99 league goals scored!!!
    2017-2018   SV Zulte Waregem  Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st                          Champions!!!
    2018-2019   Club Brugge KV    Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st                       Domestic Double
    2019-2020   Club Brugge KV    Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st               Undefeated Champions!!!
    2020-2022   Spanish National Team 
    2022-2023   FC Bayern Munchen Germany    1.Bundesliga                  2nd                        No trophies :(
    Former Club Watch:

SV Zulte Waregem - 9th place this season. They're back to be an average mid-table team....

Club Brugge KV - They're Championship Group contenders, but they haven't finished top 3 since I left. The Championship Group isn't done yet, but the best they can do is 5th.

Third Team

Unlucky with this season but you should be able to make the team more of your own from next season.

Amateur

Unlucky this season, but you were pretty close. Next season will be the one.

Reserves

Unlucky with this season but you should be able to make the team more of your own from next season.
    Cheers B.W.G. It'll be a challenge to get some good players in at the right price but hopefully I can with a bit of wheeling and dealing. Priorities include another striker, a 'keeper, and a left back.

Unlucky this season, but you were pretty close. Next season will be the one.
    I hope so too. We had a bad start in all accounts in the league and Champions League, and by the time we got better results, it was going to be hard to get the title. With a full off-season, and my scouts working hard trying to find talent around the world, in the UEFA u21 Championship, the Toulon Tournament, and the U20 FIFA World Cup in August, I hope for the best that we can rebuild rather quickly.

Reserves

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2023-2024 Expectations

Media Prediction: 1st
    TV Rights: $11.63 million
    1.Bundesliga Expectations: Win it!
    DFB-Pokal Expectations: Not important
    UEFA Champions League Expectations: Reach Quarter-Final
    Transfer Budget: $28.58 million
    Wage Budget: $121 million (currently spending $91,295,944)

---

These expectations are realistic imo. Unfortunately, I didn't expect to get less than $30 million to work with...going to have to get creative again this off-season!

Amateur

Good luck in the new season!

Reserves

You could still get a couple of key players, especially if you take some money from the wage budget as you have plenty of surplus there.

Youth Team

Should be enough to work with. Your Board seems to demand it ;)

First Team Squad Member

hopefully you can topple Dortmund this season, got pretty unlucky in the league and the CL last year!

Reserves

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2023-2024 Off-season signings

MUNCHEN - During the off-season, manager Ricky Nakano made one thing clear: there was going to be change, and the club was going to get better.

"This past off-season, my staff had 3 clear targets, in no particular order: a striker, a left back, and a goalkeeper. We feel that we have addressed all 3 immediate needs this off-season. There has been a lot of positives going into the season and the dressing room has meshed well between the new signings this summer and the current players."

"We spent a lot of money to get all this talent, and while I wouldn't guarantee that we would reduce the spending in the future, I will cutback somewhat after getting my core group into the squad for a long time."

Ricardo Millan - One of our needs was a new goalkeeper. Millan was a player I targeted when I first joined the club last season but we were unable to come to an agreement with his former club. However, we approached his former club after the end of the season, and after some tough negotiations, we came to an agreement and signed him. While we have a fantastic goalkeeper in Manuel Neuer, we feel that it's important to have 2 very good goalkeepers. We sold our former backup at the same price tag so the net result is that we get a better 'keeper than the one before.

Antonis Borbokis - Antonis is a signing for the future. He will play in the Bayern youth team to get valuable training and perhaps contribute to the first team in a few years.

Rodrigo Adame - Rodrigo was on our radar last season but I waited another season before pulling the trigger on a loan deal. He's not in the plans of Manchester United and it would give us a look at him whether we can possibly sign him on a Bosman in January.

Joel Ryan - #2 on our wanted list was a left back. Joel Ryan is another expensive signing but he was playing a lot of games for Manchester United over the past 4 seasons and you don't do that without actually pretty a good footballer. So I'm very pleased with the signing and out of our options he was the best one. We beat out some very good teams for his signature.

Ousmane Nanakasse - Frozen out at Liverpool, he will get a chance to get consistent playing time at the club. You can never have too many good options at CM, and we have four now who are 3.5 star quality.

Ander Cassado - Yes, $60 million (less than a third upfront) is a lot of money, but I have experience with Cassado while being the national team manager with Spain. Unfortunately he has an injury to start off his career at Bayern Munchen, but I'm confident he can contribute and we will be successful.

We got rid of a lot of players, some were just too old, others were surplus of requirements. We're not done selling yet but I'm content with the current group for the duration of the season.

------

Finishing in 2nd meant we go directly to the Group Stage.

Group Stage 1 Group Stage 2

Our group isn't too bad, and looks slightly easier than last season. We avoided something like Group B so that's good.

Reserves

Good luck in the new season!
    Cheers cswalk!

You could still get a couple of key players, especially if you take some money from the wage budget as you have plenty of surplus there.
    I did follow that advice for Casado!!!

Should be enough to work with. Your Board seems to demand it ;)
    It took me a bit of time, but I realized our budget might have been a bit low because of the monthly payments I did last season. And this season it's more of the same so we probably won't have much money to spend next season.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    hopefully you can topple Dortmund this season, got pretty unlucky in the league and the CL last year!
    Cheers Paul. I'm very confident with this group of players though, even if some of the players performing well were here last season. Hopefully that full off-season here will pay off with success and meeting the board's expectations.

Reserves

Casado's very much worth it.

Third Team

Should at least be able to get into the knock out stages

Third Team

Some good signings made and your group doesn't look too bad.Good luck for the new season

Inter will provide a stern test, but you should get through.

Youth Team

Not a bad start- at least you know what you need to do to improve next season. You've made some decent signings, so you should be right in contention again

Reserves

Casado's very much worth it.
    I'm not used to making big signings like this. It certainly makes me nervous. This is the first time I ever got the 'Splashing the Cash' achievement in FM. (And I've played nearly all my FM games on Steam! )

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Should at least be able to get into the knock out stages
    Some good signings made and your group doesn't look too bad.Good luck for the new season
    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Inter will provide a stern test, but you should get through.
    Not a bad start- at least you know what you need to do to improve next season. You've made some decent signings, so you should be right in contention again
    It's early in the Group Stages, but I think we have what it takes to advance. Stuttgart is a pain as usual....

Reserves

Haven't posted here in a while, but I guess this screenshot is enough:

Two league games to go, as well as a cup final. And then an end of season update shortly afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast