+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Canuck on European Managerial Tour - Hitchiking Across the Continent Again!

Reserves

Default Crazy Canuck on European Managerial Tour - Hitchiking Across the Continent Again!

If any of you remember this short lived save, some of you will be happy to hear that I am going to continue with this exact save, but with a different team, and a totally different story. The only things that will remain are the manager Ricky Nakano (I'm not going to start with a new manager) and continuing the save itself. I didn't really want to start from the bottom again and I liked the rep I built with Dudelange, Avangard Kursk, and Maccabi Tel-Aviv so elected not to start fresh with the manager.

So you can have a brief look at the old thread to see the league setup and everything (it's 50 or 51 Euro leagues bar Albania, Azerbaijan and Macedonia + MLS if you're too lazy to look). But first some Q&A.

1. Why are you quitting the Markham save?

Yes I agree it's probably very bizarre for your perspective for me to quit when I'm only 1 tier below MLS. But TBH I just got tired of the rules I put myself in and it wasn't fun anymore. Also not helping was the fact that most of my best players didn't want to negotiate new contracts. As well as the youth poaching thing. So yeah, it's a bit disappointing but hopefully this save lasts for a bit. Pretty much the only rule is no cheating. I will only use player search to sign bosmans and find foreign coaches, because I don't like how the adverts only come back with domestic staff, and foreign coaches can recommend foreign players who give me a bit more options to choose from.

2. Are you crazy you quitter?

Maybe, I did quit from Tel-Aviv when they were 1st place when I restarted this and they eventually won the league . But the other reason was because I had no connection with any of the players anymore (because I didn't remember any of them), and didn't like Israel's league rules.

3. Where are you headed?

Details will be known in post #3. But it's a country and league with minimal league restrictions (or less restrictions than Israel).

4. No crash dumps? IIRC, you stopped this save already because of crash dumps?

There was the occasional crash dump in this save after I restarted it. Some were very annoying. Some were less annoying. But it's a lot better than before. Of course, it went smoothly the season before I started posting yearly updates as well....

5. Update format?

Beginning of season with expectations and such, preseason/summer transfer window roundup, youth candidate update (if there's any decent youths), end of season update. Internationals will include World Cup update, as well as Gold Cup/Asian Cup/Euros/Copa America (if managing a country based there). If I manage an international team, probably updates will happen every two months, or during the region's main competition.

Something I really enjoyed though was writing up newspaper articles about Markham, and it's something I would like to do with this thread as well.

Reserves

Career Summary

Chapter 1: SV Zulte Waregem

2016-2017
    2017-2018

Chapter 2: Club Brugge KV

2018-2019

Chapter 3: FC Bayern Munchen

Manager Salaries

2016-2017: $245,000
    2017-2018: $245,000
    2018-2019: $475,000
    2022-2023: $2,200,000
    2023-2024: $2,200,000

Awards

2016-2017: Belgian Manager of the Year Runner-Up
    2017-2018: Belgian Manager of the Year Winner
    2023-2024: German Manager of the Year Winner
    Last edited by rancer890; 18-07-2012 at 04:40.

Reserves

The Club:

SV Zulte Waregem - Jupiler Pro League (Belgium) - 2016-2017

So the lucky club to have my services are Zulte Waregem of Belgium. They're a team who haven't had much success in the Pro League, usually finishing lower mid-table. Their best ever league finish was 7th, in 2011-2012. They haven't done well while in the Pro League but hopefully, Ricky Nakano might be able to turn them into a powerhouse immediately....

The first season has already been completed, so update coming soon.

The Country:

I hope the logo is large enough to see which national team I'm managing.

We had some friendlies already, but not the best results...

2016:

Nov. 12 - at Bulgaria - D 1-1
    Nov. 16 - at Iceland - L 1-3

2017:

Jan. 6 - at Nicaragua - W 2-1
    Feb. 8 - at Qatar - L 1-2
    Mar. 22 - vs Martinique - W 3-0

Upcoming friendlies:

June 3 - vs N. Ireland
    June 7 - vs New Zealand
    July 5 - at Richmond Kickers

2017 Gold Cup in July.

Group A - Canada, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, USA
    Group B - Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Jamaica
    Group C - Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico

Our World Ranking is 97th.

Reserves

SV Zulte Waregem - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2016-2017

Standings | Championship Group | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - A very satisfying first season with Zulte Waregem. Too bad we couldn't just score one more goal!

Cofidis Cup - A great run in the cup competition as we made it all the way to the Semi-Finals.

Transfers - My inner General Manager made all these moves after so many years of not signing players.

We got rid of a lot of players, and in turn signed a lot. It was a bit risky with so much turnover, but it worked out.

Seby Fernandes - My first signing is an Indian international. He was playing earlier in the season but we signed some players and he didn't play as much. He's still a very good player though.

Muhammad Ahmed - He was a bit unhappy with playing time at KV Mechelen, playing in only 7 league games over 5 seasons, so decided to capitalize on the situation. He's young, but he has a lot of potential to be very good in this league.

Jorn Vermeulen - A good season for him at right back, but this is a position that could use an improvement.

Edgar Gauracs - He was signed to be the main focal point of the offense, but he was slightly disappointing because I was expecting double digit goals from him. He was a reliable goal scorer for Yenisey in the Russian Pervyj Division but it didn't translate in Belgium's top flight.

Tarek Salhi - He was good till his unfortunate injury. He won't be back next season.

Kristoffer Tokstad - Unhappy about playing time with Twente, he was offered for $150k, which seems like a bargain purchase for a player of his quality. There is minor interest from German club Frankfurt, as well as a couple Belgian clubs and one from Norway.

Nils Schouterden - He was offered by an agent after spending a few years in the UK (St. Johnstone and Burnley). He had a fantastic season and now Club Brugge want him.

Artak Dashyan - We found him during a scouting trip to Eastern Europe. $170k was a very good price to pay for him.

Keegan Ritchie - Largely unused since coming to Germany from South Africa, he has revived his career with Zulte Waregem. He's a favourite to start next season, if Dutch club AZ and Karlsruhe of Germany don't swoop in for his services.

Jan Deschacht - I'm very pleased with this signing. He came out of league winners Anderlecht's academy onto the youth team, but was unable to prove himself. Fortunately, we managed to squeeze enough budget to acquire him. I want team players, and Jan is exactly that.

Omar Camara - A late loan signing as I was looking for another CB for depth and found him. He didn't play in any games during his nearly 3 years in Belgium before he joined on loan. He did well and I want him back on loan next year.

----

Squad - From the squad I initially had, this one's a lot better. Of course, it needs a little tweaking but I think we can challenge the top teams once we make some adjustments.

Among the key holdovers at the squad include:

GK - Kabiro Kamara - a very good 'keeper this season.

DC - Miguel Dachelet - our best defender. Now we just need him signed long term.

ST/AMR - Mohamed Boualem - Team MVP this season. And he was also league MVP as well, winning the Ebony Boot award. Unfortunately, his contract runs out at the end of next season so he might not stay at the club for long.

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

We have no money right now but prize money hopefully will put back into the black. Hopefully next season our two parent clubs Monaco and Stuttgart can send us good players...

Goals for Next season

• Score 100 league goals!
    • Title Challenge
    • Sign some good defenders

Career Summary:

Overview

Code:
    Year        Team              Country    League                   Position                                 Notes
    2016-2017   SV Zulte Waregem  Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            3rd             99 league goals scored!!!

Third Team

Good luck rancer. Nice start to your first season in charge of SV Zulte Waregem.

Youth Team

Should be an interesting career. Belgium is an interesting place to manage!

Reserves

[translated from French to English]

An Interview with Ricky Nakano

After a fantastic finish to the Jupiler Pro League season, La Derniere Heure's own Hilaire Mailhot sat down with SV Zulte Waregem manager Ricky Nakano to talk about the season that was just completed.

Hilaire Mailhot: Thank you for taking some time to talk to us, Mr. Nakano. It was an exciting end to the season, and I'm sure many Belgian football fans are shocked to see your small Zulte Waregem club finish in a fantastic 3rd place!

Ricky Nakano: Yes, Ms. Mailhot, it was a fantastic season and I'm sure everyone who supports the club are overjoyed about the finishing position.

HM: It was a great pleasure to watch your team play all year. What was your secret to success?

RN: It was a combination of things. Firstly, I thank owner Jonis Verschuere for having the faith to hire me even though I think there were better choices out there with a better knowledge of Belgian football. He gave me the necessary resources to finish in 3rd place in the league. Secondly, it's definitely the backroom staff that I've assembled. They worked hard scouting and finding the right players to fit into my tactic. These players worked very hard and it paid off. And lastly, the supporters, because without them there is no Zulte Wargerem club.

HM: Your club mesmerized even supporters at other clubs with all those goals you scored. I'm sure many fans whether they supportered Zulte Wargerem or not, wanted goal 100. What's your opinion about scoring so many goals?

RN: I'm an avid supporter of attacking football. I think there's a place in the game to score lots of goals and still win, and we achieved that. I wanted goal 100 as well, because that meant we were going to play in the Champions League, but this is a very big first step for us to challenging in Europe.

HM: You seem very ambitious with your plan after only year at the club. Standard had a down year, but Anderlecht, Genk, and Club Brugge were all tough opposition for you. Can you do it again next season?

RN: I hope so. We have a lot of the right pieces at the club already, and all that's needed to be down is a tweak here and there, and I think we're ready to compete with the best teams in Belgium. This is a very competitive league and next season will only be more fierce as clubs look to improve, and we will have to improve too.

HM: You had a lot of turnover in the previous season. Some experts were wondering if that would trigger a disharmony at the club. But you proved doubters wrong and came away with a fantastic season. Your thoughts?

RN: I'm not really a believer that lots of change is bad. I didn't change the team for the sake of change, I made changes because I wanted the team to get better and win.

HM: So the players that left weren't good enough for you?

RN: Not necessarily. As I was still evaluating the club, I wanted to start with a clean sheet, and bring in my own players who I thought would fit in with the team. You can look at my signings. A lot of players weren't happy at other clubs or weren't getting any playing time. It was a great job by the scouting staff to see untapped potential. Keegan Ritchie wasn't playing much at Stuttgart, and we were fortunate to sign him as a free agent. Jan Deschacht came from the best academy in the country in Anderlecht. He wasn't playing games and we paid a good sum to Anderlecht for this player. They were really high on the player for the future, but Jan and Anderlecht came to a realization that he might have to take his talents to another club, and we inquired about his services and eventually signed him. And look at him now, scoring 13 goals in 21 appearances. He's a goal scorer.

HM: What was the highlight of the season?

RN: A lot of things really. It was really special beating Anderlecht a couple times. They lost only 4 times all season, so beating him two times out of four was a good achievement. I hope we can beat them in the future as well. I'm sure they are the measuring stick to everyone. They are a team we want to be, because we want to win the league too.

HM: You have a very ambitious personality Mr. Nakano!

RN: [laughs] Well it's my nature to be ambitious and competitive. And I think the squad shares this mentality. With everyone on the same page at the club, the sky is the limit.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Good luck rancer. Nice start to your first season in charge of SV Zulte Waregem.
    Cheers markyosullivan! It's a good start but hopefully not short-lived. Gotta resign those key players!

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Should be an interesting career. Belgium is an interesting place to manage!
    Cheers cerud. Never managed in Belgium as well. Should be fun.

Reserves

2017 Gold Cup Squad

*Denotes newgen player

Goalkeepers: Milan Borjan (unattached), Simon Thomas (Watford, England)

Defenders: Nana Attakora (Esbjerg fB, Denmark), Daniel Baker* (Nimes, France), Marcel de Jong (FC Groningen, Netherlands), Andre Hainault (New York, USA), Dejan Jakovic (KV Mechelen, Belgium), Patrizio Leali* (FC Edmonton, Canada), Ashtone Morgan (Esbjerg fB, Denmark), Antonio Rego (Almere City, Netherlands), Mason Trafford (H. Kfar-Saba, Israel)

Midfielders: Bryce Alderson (Henefoss, Norway), Philippe Davies (AGF, Denmark), Janeil Hoilett (Stabaek, Norway), Junior Hoilett (Chelsea, England), Will Johnson (Hull, England), Simon Marcina* (IF Brommapojkarna, Sweden), Matt Stinson (AGF, Denmark)

Forwards: Vince Fletcher* (Aalesund, Norway), Marcus Haber (St. Johnstone, Scotland), Simeon Jackson (Valerenga, Norway), Kyle Porter (FC Edmonton, Canada)

----

It's not a very strong squad, but hopefully we'll do alright...we drew Northern Ireland and New Zealand in the June friendlies.

Gold Cup Schedule

July 9: vs USA
    July 11: vs Trinidad & Tobago
    July 13: vs Panana

Youth Team

USA will be tough, but you should be well against Trinidad & Tobago and Panama. Make us proud!

Reserves

SV Zulte Waregem - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2017-2018 Pre-season

Media Prediction: 5th
    Jupiler Pro League Expectation: Compete alongside the top teams (Europa League qualification)
    UEFA Europa League Expectation: Have fun!
    Cofidis Cup Expectation: Reach Quarter-Final
    TV Rights: $748k
    Transfer Budget: $1.31 million
    Wage Budget: $5 million (currently spending $5,017,376)

Reserves

USA will be tough, but you should be well against Trinidad & Tobago and Panama. Make us proud!
    I'll try my best cerud.

Reserves

Serious goalscoring form in your first season.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

What delta said .

Reserves

2017 Gold Cup Squad

*Denotes newgen player

Goalkeepers: Milan Borjan (unattached), Simon Thomas (Watford, England)

Defenders: Nana Attakora (Esbjerg fB, Denmark), Daniel Baker* (Nimes, France), Marcel de Jong (FC Groningen, Netherlands), Andre Hainault (New York, USA), Dejan Jakovic (KV Mechelen, Belgium), Patrizio Leali* (FC Edmonton, Canada), Ashtone Morgan (Esbjerg fB, Denmark), Antonio Rego (Almere City, Netherlands), Mason Trafford (H. Kfar-Saba, Israel)

Midfielders: Bryce Alderson (Henefoss, Norway), Philippe Davies (AGF, Denmark), Janeil Hoilett (Stabaek, Norway), Junior Hoilett (Chelsea, England), Will Johnson (Hull, England), Simon Marcina* (IF Brommapojkarna, Sweden), Matt Stinson (AGF, Denmark)

Forwards: Vince Fletcher* (Aalesund, Norway), Marcus Haber (St. Johnstone, Scotland), Simeon Jackson (Valerenga, Norway), Kyle Porter (FC Edmonton, Canada)

----

Group Stage

Group A - Canada, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, USA

Game 1: vs USA - L 2-5

USA were just too strong for us.

Game 2: vs Trinidad & Tobago - W 4-3

A nerveracking match ends on a good note for us. It's a bit early but my job was probably on the line if we didn't win.

Game 3: vs Panama - D 3-3

Unlucky we couldn't hang on for the win but we qualified from the group which was the goal.

Standings (bold denotes qualified)

Group A - USA - 7pts, Canada - 4pts, Panama - 3pts, Trinidad & Tobago - 1pt
    Group B - Costa Rica - 7pts, Jamaica - 6pts, Cuba - 2pts, El Salvador - 1pt
    Group C - Mexico - 7pts, Honduras - 6pts, Guatemala - 3pts, Haiti - 1pt

Quarter-Final Matchups:

Honduras vs Canada
    Guatemala vs Panama
    Costa Rica vs Mexico
    Jamaica vs USA

Quarter-Finals - vs Honduras - L 0-3

We were never really in the game and Honduras controlled the match and deserved the win.

Quarter-Final Results:

Honduras 3-0 Canada
    Guatemala 2-1 Panama
    Costa Rica 2-5 Mexico
    Jamaica (e) 3-1 USA

Semi-Final Results:

Honduras 1-2 Guatemala
    Mexico 4-1 Jamaica

Final

Mexico (e) 2-0 Guatemala

Klinsmann was sacked after the Gold Cup.

-----

Rest of the Year:

We only got friendlies planned...

Aug. 16: at Puerto Rico
    Sept. 9: at Belize
    Sept. 13: at St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    Oct. 14: vs Montserrat

So it's a bit different than facing top 100 opposition earlier in the year, but it gives a chance to hit the reset button and evaluate some members of the squad better and try new things without much pressure. Our World Ranking is now 108th, between Armenia and Albania.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Serious goalscoring form in your first season.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    What delta said .
    We went all out. I'm just hoping we can maintain something similar for the upcoming season. We made quite a lot of changes which will be posted after the end of the transfer window.

Youth Team

Honduras is always a difficult match. Congrats on the Quarter Finals.

Third Team

Excellent first season with Zulte Waregem,hope you can hit 100 goals next season.Honduras was always going to be a tough game but it's good to see your still there!

Third Team

Great results against Anderlecht in your first season, thought they'd be the toughest team to go against but you made it look easy beating them twice

Reserves

Honduras is always a difficult match. Congrats on the Quarter Finals.
    Cheers. Honduras was probably harder than the US game to me. Sucks I had to face them...

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Excellent first season with Zulte Waregem,hope you can hit 100 goals next season.Honduras was always going to be a tough game but it's good to see your still there!
    Cheers B.W.G. It'll be a bit challenging to reach 100 goals but hope I can do it.

It'll be tough though. I'll just want a similar finishing position.

Great results against Anderlecht in your first season, thought they'd be the toughest team to go against but you made it look easy beating them twice
    It was nice scoring 7-8 goals a couple times but soundly beating Anderlecht was just as fun! They killed us in the Championship Group matches tho.

Reserves

SV Zulte Waregem - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2017-2018 Off-season Signings

It was another busy transfer window for Zulte Waregem manager Ricky Nakano as he went on with re-shaping the squad as he's had a full year of management with the club to determine who's good enough to stay and who to let go to find new reinforcements. It was once again a minor rebuild of sorts as he deals out some very big names, and acquiring some good talent on shrewd signings as well. Firstly, let's look at the transfers in:

Sebastian Kost - Signed from a 4th tier German side, he has lots of potential yet to be untapped.

Komlan Assogba - For now, he's the backup to the backup...

Abdulateef Al-Amri - We dip into Asia once again after signing an Indian last year. He's pretty good though and will be a backup.

Prestone Zenaba - It was a steal to get him on a free on these wages!!! Only downside is the $1.3 million minimum release clause.

Jose Carlos - A solid CB. He's a bit slow but he has lots of potential. He came become a Homegrown player by the end of the 2019-2020 season if he stays at the club.

Lukas Hrdlicka - A young striker. He'll be a main backup at ST and AMR. He can also become Homegrown at the club in June 2020.

Shinsuke Shimohira - Yet another Asian players joins the club. It's probably a red flag to have a CB who can't jump (cheers SI for this weirdness on the newgens), but we're working hard on it in training...and he scored a goal already so we know he can jump when we need him to!

Gonzalo Soria - A talented young midfielder. I think he's a steal.

Eder - A decent sigining. He's mainly a replacement for the departed Mohamed Boualem. I sold him because he wasn't going to agree on a new contract, and the club really could use the money. Eder isn't as good as Boualem, but as long as he can help us win, it's fine.

Souheil Ben Radhia - He was offered by his agent to the club and we were looking for a right back at the right price. He's a veteran presence and he gives us very strong depth.

Lazaros Christodoulopoulos - The kit man is probably really really mad for me loaning this player () but he was only loaned for depth purposes, albeit very expensive depth. We are paying 50% of his salary. He's just a veteran who can hopefully chip in every now and then.

As for players leaving the club, as previously mentioned, the one big name is Boualem. Kamara was another player who was let go, although that was because we already signed his replacement, so he was free to leave for his release clause.

-------

Zulte Waregem entered at the 4th Qualifying Round. Winning this round meant going to the Group Stages. Unfortunately, we drew Greece powerhouse Olympiacos.

Leg 1: Olympiacos 3-2 Zulte Waregem

Leg 2: Zulte Waregem 1-1 Olympiacos

It was a narrow loss, and I was a bit annoyed, and I threw the kitchen sink in the 2nd leg, but we tried our best...we'll be better next year for sure.

Reserves

Pity to see Europe end so soon.

Reserves

2017 Friendlies

August 16: @ Puerto Rico - D 1-1
    September 9: @ Belize - W 2-0
    September 13: @ St. Vincent & The Grenadines - D 1-1
    October 14: vs Montserrat - W 3-0
    November 18: vs Scotland - D 1-1

Best XI

GK - Milan Borjan - 4 apps, 6.80 AVR
    DR - Nana Attakora - 7 apps, 6.83 AVR
    DC - Adam Straith - 7 apps, 7.07 AVR
    DC - Dejan Jakovic - 14 apps, 3 goals, 6.80 AVR
    DL - Andre Hainault - 13 apps, 2 goals, 6.98 AVR
    MR - Junior Hoilett - 14 apps, 7 goals, 7.34 AVR
    MC - Will Johnson - 11 apps, 2 goals, 6.95 AVR
    MC - Philippe Davies - 13 apps, 6.88 AVR
    ML - Nicholas Lindsay - 3 apps, 1 goal, 7.10 AVR
    ST - Marcus Haber - 6 apps, 2 goals, 7.02 AVR
    ST - Vince Fletcher - 11 apps, 3 goals, 6.83 AVR
    ------
    GK - Michal Misiewicz - 2 apps, 6.70 AVR
    DC - Byrce Alderson - 3 apps, 6.73 AVR
    MC - Matt Stinson - 12 apps, 2 goals, 6.80 AVR
    ML/MR - Simon Marcina - 10 apps, 6.80 AVR
    ST - Simeon Jackson - 11 apps, 2 goals, 6.69 AVR
    DL - Patrizio Leali - 3 apps, 6.77 AVR
    ST - Caolan Lavery - 3 apps, 6.67 AVR

It's a bit brief but playing the friendlies meant my game crashed so my ass man managed the games...no plans for 2018 yet. I'm busy with Zulte Waregem so the first friendly will probably be in June as a warmup for one of the teams going into the World Cup.

Reserves

Pity to see Europe end so soon.
    It sucks but the club was still gelling with the amount of changes I've made in the season. Hopefully we can do well enough this season to get back into Europe.

Reserves

A Journey from the Far East to Zulte Waregem

Normally, football expansion into the Far East is reserved for the big clubs like Manchester United, who probably have the most fans in the world -- mostly from the country with the most people, China, but SV Zulte Waregem are quickly becoming a hotbed for Asian players. Seby Fernandes (India), Abdulateef Al-Amri (Saudi Arabia), and Shinsuke Shimohira (Japan). Even Belgian Muhammad Ahmed is part-Pakistani. And now, the club has signed another Asian, possibly Hong Kong's best player, Fu Tak Man. And rumours are now out that the club are looking into signing a Malaysian player. Recently, a couple Chinese players were trial at the club but were not offered a contract.

Asked about this influx of Asians to the club, manager Ricky Nakano simply replied: "We don't really sign players based on nationality. Other than the Pro League rules which state we need a certain number of Belgians on the match day squad, there aren't other restrictions. We just want to sign footballers who can help us win. Nationality has nothing to do with it."

"This season we had as many players signed at the club who are from African descent as those from Asia. We just want to sign players who can help us win, simple as that. Just because I'm part Asian myself has nothing to do with me signing Asian players. We are not looking to sign a player from Malaysia nor from Qatar. I am very happy with the squad right now and it's unlikely we will make further changes until the off-season."

Third Team

I wonder if signing Asian players does give you extra revenue from there most likely being more supporters

Semi Pro

I must say, I do like your writing style

Good stuff in Belgium too. I have managed a few sides there in my time and the league system is still mental.

Reserves

I wonder if signing Asian players does give you extra revenue from there most likely being more supporters
    Not really too sure about that. We have Asian players but none of them are star players.

And as I type this I'm offered a Vietnamese player and a North Korean player. I'm beyond shocked they even have agents in North Korea...

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    I must say, I do like your writing style

Good stuff in Belgium too. I have managed a few sides there in my time and the league system is still mental.
    Cheers Daz. I write a bit in my spare time (which is really spare) like short stories and the occasional drama script. I have a bad habit of writing lots of typos though.

It's a lot of fun in Belgium. The top tier isn't that crazy to me, but I've handled MLS before so to me it's just the same game, and that's to attempt to win every single game.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Cheers Daz. I write a bit in my spare time (which is really spare) like short stories and the occasional drama script. I have a bad habit of writing lots of typos though.

It's a lot of fun in Belgium. The top tier isn't that crazy to me, but I've handled MLS before so to me it's just the same game, and that's to attempt to win every single game.
    Yeah, so long as you aim to win each match, you're ok

Amateur

Quite a multicultural team you're building in Belgium Shame Europe had to end so soon, but Olympiakos are a pretty tough team to draw straight up.

Reserves

Zulte Waregem are Belgian Jupiler Pro League Champs!!!

WAREGEM - Move over Anderlecht, a new club has risen above the ashes to the top of Belgium's top tier. SV Zulte Waregem, who were near the top of the table all season, have done the unthinkable and have won the Jupiler Pro League. With the title still undecided at the end of the season, Belgium's top two teams this season were matched up at Waregem to determine the league champion in the final game of the Championship Group. Anderlecht were in a must win situation, as they were at a two point disadvantage at the start of the match, while their opponents only needed points to secure the title. Jan Deschacht put pressure on their opponents early after converting a 3rd minute penalty. Centreback Jose Carlos scored two goals off set pieces and Zulte Waregem took a commanding 3-0 lead into halftime. Anderlecht scored one goal in the 60th minute, and Carlos gave up a penalty to Anderlecht, who fortunately for the hosts, hit one right at 'keeper Prestone Zenaba. Brazilian attacking midfielder Eder finished off the rout with a finish from close range in the 88th minute. Unfortunately, it was a bittersweet victory for the club as Deschacht was carted off in the 83rd minute and sources have confirmed that he has torn a groin muscle, possibly missing the next 2 months. He was on the Preliminary Squad on Belgium's World Cup squad, but Deschacht will have to wait another 4 years to have the opportunity to participate in a World Cup.

Manager Ricky Nakano was no doubt happy about the league championship. "I'm just ecstatic about everyone associated with the team," he stated, "it's a testament of the hard work everyone has done at the club to make all this possible. I can't describe this feeling in words. We believed in ourselves, and it's great to win the title and celebrate in front of our home fans."

Asked about Deschacht's unfortunate injury, Nakano said, "it's unfortunate because he was our Most Valuable Player all season, and I believe the MVP of the league. You don't score 36 goals in 46 games by pure luck. I'm not a doctor, but I hope he can make a full recovery. It sucks, because he was on the Preliminary Squad for the upcoming World Cup. I think he has potential to be a solid player at the international level with Belgium. He's still very young at 22, I think he has a lot left in the future for club and country."

Reserves

Yeah, so long as you aim to win each match, you're ok
    We won enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Quite a multicultural team you're building in Belgium Shame Europe had to end so soon, but Olympiakos are a pretty tough team to draw straight up.
    I can't help it heh. This year was redemption though. I'm ecstatic about our performance in the past season.

Reserves

SV Zulte Waregem - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2017-2018

Standings | Championship Group | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - A brilliant end to the season and Zulte Waregem are league champs!

UEFA Europa League - We failed to make it to the Group Stage after losing in the 4th Qualifying Round.

Cofidis Cup - We met expectations getting to the Quarter-Final, but we had to deal with Anderlecht, and we lost on penalties.

-------

Transfers - Lots of turnover at the club again, here are the key ones joining over the past season:

Prestone Zenaba - Great 'keeper. He was big for us in some occasions.

Jose Carlos - He really helped out with some timely goals. I rejected offers from Chelsea for him and now Fiorentina, Inter, and Lazio all want him. The media are hyping him as the next Humberto Coelho.

Lukas Hrdlicka - He mainly spent the year on the wing, and he did his job when called upon.

Shinsuke Shimohira - I used him more as the year went on, and he did a solid job.

Gonzalo Soria - The Peruvian had a great season in the middle of the park and he's a key member moving forward.

Eder - I wasn't too sure initially on how Eder would fare in Belgium, but I'm happy with his contribution this past season. He could be on the move again as Coritiba in his home country and Turkish giants Fenerbahce are interested in him.

Souheil Ben Radhia - He did a good job as right back but he's declining as a footballer and I will need a replacement again.

Jamil Rusen - We were struggling a bit on offense when we signed him, and although he didn't put up numbers anywhere near how Deschacht was, I think his presence really helped his teammate in the second half of the season. Hopefully a full year at the club will benefit him.

----

Squad - I'm really pleased with the squad, and only a couple minor tweaks and we can challenge again next season. Nils Schouterden had an incredible 32 assists, and Jan Deschacht topped the goal scoring charts. Anderlecht must surely be kicking themselves at how they let this player go...to our benefit.

We haven't been paid the prize money yet but we're fine at the club. I will probably try to request to Junior Coaching because it's terrible right now.

Goals for Next season

• Make a Group Stage in Europe, whether Champions League or Europa League
    • Much of the same in the Belgian League, to improve my stock as a manager if I want to jump ship...my contract ends in 2019.

Career Summary:

Overview

Code:
    Year        Team              Country    League                   Position                                 Notes
    2016-2017   SV Zulte Waregem  Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            3rd             99 league goals scored!!!
    2017-2018   SV Zulte Waregem  Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st                          Champions!!!

Youth Team

Congrats on the league title. That goalkeepr of yours is great! and young too!

Reserves

SV Zulte Waregem - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2017-2018 Awards

Belgian Professional Player of the Year - Jan Deschacht (1st), Jose Carlos (3rd)
    Belgian Young Player of the Year - Prestone Zenaba (1st)
    Belgian Goalkeeper of the Year - Prestone Zenaba (2nd)
    Belgian Pro League Top Goalscorer - Jan Deschacht (1st)
    Belgian Pro League Best Average Rating - Nils Schouterden (1st), Jan Deschacht (2nd)
    Belgian Pro League Most Assists - Nils Schouterden (1st)

Reserves

Congrats on the league title. That goalkeepr of yours is great! and young too!
    He's great and young, but has a release clause of only $1.3 million which I hope no one activates.

I have been also approached by AGS Asteras Tripolis of the Greek league, but rejecting it since they're not making the Champions League and the budgets are similar to Zulte Waregem. I'm open to more offers though....

Reserves

Ricky Nakano resigns as Canadian national soccer team Head Coach

June 10, 2018

TORONTO - Ricky Nakano and the Canadian Soccer Association have called a press conference to formally announce the resignation of the head coach. There were rumours swirling days before this announcement but all people involved have confirmed that Nakano, who also manages Belgian club team SV Zulte Waregem, has decided to step down.

"I really loved managing the Canadian national team," the Toronto born and raised coach said, "but I felt throughout the season I wasn't giving 110% to the national team as I was busy with my club team back in Belgium. I floated the idea around to the CSA and they wanted me to stay and see through World Cup Qualifying, but I told them I just couldn't do it. It wasn't fair for everyone involved, whether the management here or to fans across Canada, and also Zulte Waregem in Belgium, who were very supportive when I initially took this position. I am perfectly fine with my decision, and I wish that Canadian soccer will get better under a new head coach."

When asked whether he was consider another international job, Nakano replied swiftly with a one word "No" answer. "I'm committed to Zulte Waregem. We just finished the previous season as domestic champions, and I want to make preparations during the offseason to strengthen the squad and repeat. I have no interest in entering international management for the time being, regardless of what openings are available after the World Cup."

Nakano ends his career as the Canadian national coach with a 7-5-7 (W-L-T) record.

------

The other reason was because FM kept crashing after the friendly matches....

Reserves

SV Zulte Waregem - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2018-2019 Pre-season

Media Prediction: 4th
    Jupiler Pro League Expectation: Europa League Qualification
    UEFA Champions League Expectation: Reach 3rd Qualifying Phase
    Cofidis Cup Expectation: Reach Quarter-Final
    Supercoupe de Belgique Expectation: Not important (but we'll try to win it anyways)
    TV Rights: $748k
    Transfer Budget: $4.79 million
    Wage Budget: $6.25 million (currently spending $5,177,037)

Reserves

Ricky Nakano has resigned from SV Zulte Waregem

JULY 3, 2018

WAREGEM - Belgian club SV Zulte Waregem and Ricky Nakano has parted ways, various sources within the club have confirmed. It is not noted why they have parted ways, but there are rumours that there was a disagreement between the chairman and Mr. Nakano over the sale of Jan Deschacht to Turkish giants Fenerbahce for $3.2 million. Sources have confirmed that both sides have left by mutual consent and there have been reports of Nakano in deep discussions with fellow Belgian team Club Brugge in regards with their vacant managerial position. Club Brugge finished the Jupiler Pro League season in 9th place, but have qualified for the UEFA Europa League.

-------------------------------------------

Ricky Nakano unveiled as the new manager of Club Brugge KV

BRUGES - Canadian manager Ricky Nakano, and former manager of the defending Jupiler Pro League champs Zulte Waregem, has been unveiled as the new manager of Club Brugge. In his two short years at Zulte Waregem, he has managed to turn the club into league champions and a spot in the prestigious UEFA Champions League. Nakano has stated that he's excited about the challenge at the club.

"I know the club didn't have a good past season, but right now, it's a new season and everyone has 0 games played, and 0 points. Last season is in the past already, and the club has qualified for the UEFA Europa League, so we can have a good year in all fronts. It's exciting for everyone associated with the club, and I look forward to bringing Club Brugge back to its winning ways, and ultimately, the league title."

Asked about his time at Zulte Waregem, Nakano was very appreciative of his former club. "Zulte Waregem were a club that gave me a chance in professional football management. I will always be grateful to them that they gave me an opportunity to succeed with the resources they had and it worked out because we won a league title. I hope the best for them and that they can continue to improve as a football club."

Nakano has been signed to a 3 year contract with an annual salary of $475,000.

--------------

Since it's unrealistic for newspapers to know transfer and wage budgets, here they are:

Transfer Budget: $23,500,000
    Wage Budget: $16.25 million (currently spending $11.87 million)

I'm happy with the move and even though I won't get to manage in the Champions League, I think Club Brugge is a good challenge, and I'm starting to like the Belgian league so I'm pleased to be managing against familiar opponents too.

First Team Regular

Good to see you landing on your feet. Brugge definitely a step up in size.

Reserves

Brugge definitely have potential to be very strong.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Good move to Belgium.

Amateur

Maybe you should rename the thread title to Hitchiking across Belgium

Third Team

Sounded like the Chairman at SV Zulte Waregem was probably going to sell all of your best players for small fees. If you haven't got a good GK you could activate your GK's release clause at SV Zulte Waregem

Third Team

Good step up by going to Brugge.

Youth Team

Great start to life in Belgium!

Good luck with Brugge- you should do well with them too (and they do amazing chocolate there! )

Reserves

One thing to add, we have no Europa League. So we're only going to focus on the league and push to get back into Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Good to see you landing on your feet. Brugge definitely a step up in size.
    There's a lot of work to do, but the resources are definitely there!

Brugge definitely have potential to be very strong.
    The main reason I took the job. They haven't performed up to expectations considering that I spent most of my time at Waregem worrying about Genk, Anderlecht, and Standard. Club Brugge weren't a threat in the Jupiler Pro League but hopefully that will change now.

Good move to Belgium.
    Good step up by going to Brugge.
    Cheers. I got the money I really wanted. Now it's on me to use what I have to make the next steps at the club.

Maybe you should rename the thread title to Hitchiking across Belgium
    Highly likely this is my last stop in Belgium before going somewhere else. I had an offer from Slovakia but elected to stay in the country (the promise of big money to work with was also a big factor, considering in Slovakia the wage budget was 1/3 of what I was working with at Waregem!)

Sounded like the Chairman at SV Zulte Waregem was probably going to sell all of your best players for small fees. If you haven't got a good GK you could activate your GK's release clause at SV Zulte Waregem
    Fenerbahce's offer actually automatically activated Deschacht's minimum release clause, it was just that with a year left on my contract, and the squad imploding to a degree. The core at Zulte Waregem were always just built for short-term success. Most of my players don't want to come to Club Brugge though.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Great start to life in Belgium!

Good luck with Brugge- you should do well with them too (and they do amazing chocolate there! )
    Cheers AK22. I'm in heaven then. I'll be seen in the chocolate shops when I'm not managing.

Reserves

Club Brugge KV - 2018-2019

Lots of junk as you can see. This squad is definitely is not good enough to challenge for the league title with all these sub 3 star CA players. I will want to bring the same style of play, the 4-2-4, from Zulte Waregem to Club Brugge, so expect quite a bit of movement, since some players, even if they highly rated by my ass man, they just don't fit into my plans. And even with the budget room we have, I do want the squad to utilize the most out of its resources. Hopefully after the end of transfer window update, the squad will look very different.

Third Team

Looks like a big rebuilding operation is needed

Reserves

Massive work to be done.

Reserves

2018 World Cup - Hosts: Russia

Group Stage

A - Chile - 9pts, Ghana - 3pts, Russia - 3pts, Serbia - 3pts
    B - Italy - 9pts, England - 6pts, Uruguay - 1pt, Jamaica - 1pt
    C - Portugal - 5pts, Australia - 5pts, South Africa - 4pts, Czech Republic - 1pt
    D - Colombia - 9pts, Belgium - 6pts, Germany - 3pts, Saudi Arabia - 0pts
    E - Ivory Coast - 7pts, Argentina - 6pts, Montenegro - 3pts, USA - 1pt
    F - Senegal - 7pts, Greece - 5pts, Japan - 2pts, Ukraine - 1pt
    G - Croatia - 7pts, Nigeria - 5pts, Spain - 4pts, Honduras - 0pts
    H - Mexico - 7pts, Brazil - 5pts, Turkey - 4pts, South Korea - 0pts

Second Round

Chile 1-1 (p) England
    Italy 0-1 Ghana
    Belgium 2-0 Portugal
    Colombia (e) 3-2 Australia
    Greece 4-1 Ivory Coast
    Senegal 0-3 Argentina
    Brazil 0-1 (e) Croatia
    Nigeria 2-4 Mexico

Quarter-Final

England 0-1 Colombia
    Ghana (p) 0-0 Belgium
    Greece (e) 2-1 Mexico
    Argentina (e) 4-2 Croatia

Semi-Final

Colombia 2-0 Argentina
    Ghana (p) 2-2 Greece

3rd Place Playoff

Greece 0-1 Argentina

Final

Colombia 3-2 Ghana

----

Awards

Best Goalkeeper - David Ospina (Colombia/Barcelona)
    Golden Ball - 1st: Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona), 2nd: Eden Hazard (Belgium/Real Madrid), 3rd: James Rodriguez (Colombia/Sao Paulo)
    Golden Shoe - 1st: Sergio Aguero (Argentina/Manchester City), 2nd: Jordan Ayew (Ghana/Marseille), 3rd: Seydou Doumbia (Ivory Coast/Inter)
    Best Young Player - Roy Cooper (England/Manchester United)
    Dream Team

Reserves

Looks like a big rebuilding operation is needed
    Massive work to be done.
    Yup. This rebuild might take a while, because of the lack of success at the club for a while. We have money to throw around though which can speed up the process, and I will use the money at my disposal for the right player.

Youth Team

For a rebuild, good thing you signed on for 3 years.

Reserves

Club Brugge KV - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2018-2019 Off-season Signings

Fresnel Lavie - A young and proven right back to played nearly 3 years at Lokeren before joining Club Brugge. He's homegrown in the nation which is a big bonus considering the league restrictions at the club.

Daan Van Gljseghem - A veteran centreback who is a good option off the bench and is homegrown in the nation.

Tarek Nedjari - He can play two positions, and he's still very young and has lots of talent. He's touted as the next Anthar Yahia.

Bongani Mavimbela - A free agent signing, he can play CM and gives us depth at that spot.

Thiagao - My fourth defensive signing of the off-season, Thiagao is a talented defender who can play on the left or the right side. He's also eligible to be homegrown in the squad in 3 seasons.

Mohamed Sheriff - The club needs a striker who can score goals, and hopefully Sheriff can be the one. He had 22 goals in 40 league games with Stabaek in Norway's top flight.

Nicolas Martin Gorobsov - Acquired on loan from rivals Genk, he's a CM who I think will be great help to the club this season.

A lot of deadwood left the club, except Mr. da Costa Paulo Bartolomeu, who left the club because Vitesse met his minimum release clause.

Former Club Watch:

Zulte Waregem - They defeated Flamurtari (Albania) 7-1 on aggregate in the Champions League 2nd qualifying round, before losing to APOEL (Cyprus) 4-1 over two legs in the next round. They entered the 4th Qualifying Round in the Europa League against historic Italian club AC Milan, and shockingly defeated them on penalties after drawing them 1-1. In the group stage, they face AC Milan's rivals Inter, Jan Deschacht's current club Fenerbahce, and Russian club Anji.

Reserves

If there's something I'm not worried about, it's the amount of money available for transfers. I'll just spend to the top, and we led the league in transfer spending. It's not a pure rebuild, but more of a retooling.

Wow. Unbelievably open World Cup there.

Reserves

Club Brugge KV - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2018-2019

Standings | Championship Group | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - A fantastic run all season as we finish as champions for the club's first league title since 2005.

Cofidis Cup - A great run in the cup competition, as we beat my former club 2-0 to get the Double.

-------

Transfers - All of our incoming transfers made an impact over the course of the season

Fresnel Lavie - He solidified the right back position this season, and he was a homegrown player as a big plus. Unfortunately, he's heavily wanted by several clubs and I might give in and sell him for an acceptable amount.

Daan Van Gljseghem - a veteran CB this season who provided good performance.

Tarek Nedjari - I might have slightly overpaid for him but an upgrade at CB was needed. He was good sometimes, but not so good on other days.

Bongan Mavimbela - A free agent signing from South Africa, Mavimbela was a rotational player at CM and provided solid games all season.

Thiagao - Signed from Norway, Thiagao was a key player at left back all season. Several clubs want him, but I want to keep him at the club.

Mohamed Sheriff - An important part of my striker corps, Sheriff delighted me with a solid first season with 11 goals and 16 assists in 37 games.

Nicolas Martin Gorobsov - A versatile player, Gorobsov was acquired on loan for a small fee, and over the past season he had 9 goals and 9 assists in 36 games.

Nene - This Brazilian striker really put over the top. I definitely want him back if possible on loan or permanent transfer but I have a backup plan just in case.

----

Squad - A great looking team now. We have what it takes to repeat. It all starts at the back, and Rami Bouzagarrou is a good 'keeper. Leonel Galeano was a good defender all season and also chipped in with some timely goals. Our attack was spearheaded by Sheriff, Nene, Srdjan Stanic, Flamur Kastrati, and Ebony Boot winner Luka Milanzi, who just signed a new 5 year contract, so hopefully I can keep this Ebony Boot winner longer at the club than the previous one (Deschacht).

I was very aggressive from the start in the transfer market, but thankfully the financial impact wasn't too bad. And we can always earn good money through a good performance in Europe.

Goals for Next season

• I would be happy with Champions League group stage, and a repeat as league champions.
    • Of course, all of the above might be irrelevant if a good offer comes....Stoke have been relegated from the Premier League and my name was mentioned as a potential candidate...

Career Summary:

Overview

Code:
    2017-2018   SV Zulte Waregem  Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st                          Champions!!!
    2018-2019   Club Brugge KV    Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st                       Domestic Double
    Former Club Watch:

SV Zulte Waregem - Good work by them to make it to the cup final to guarantee themselves a spot in the Europa League.

Former Player Watch:

Jan Deschacht - He was Fenerbahce's top scorer this past season. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for ManUTactician, they finished 3rd while Galatasaray won the league title.

Reserves

I'll quote you again cerud. Rebuild into league champions complete.

Wow. Unbelievably open World Cup there.
    It's crazy. With nearly every European league loaded, I would have expected a better performance from the European teams...but 2 powerhouses can't even get out of the group stage, and other teams had trouble in the knockout rounds.

Amateur

Fantastic first season in charge, I was expecting a season of rebuilding but I guess with that kind of money it wasn't too hard tempting the right players

Semi Pro

Former Player Watch:

Jan Deschacht - He was Fenerbahce's top scorer this past season. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for ManUTactician, they finished 3rd while Galatasaray won the league title. [/LEFT]
    Not even Deschacht could stop the best team in Turkey .

Reserves

That was quick.

Reserves

Fantastic first season in charge, I was expecting a season of rebuilding but I guess with that kind of money it wasn't too hard tempting the right players
    We had a good nucleus in place. We had talented wingers at the club, we just needed to fix everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    Not even Deschacht could stop the best team in Turkey .
    Fenerbahce was pretty bad till they sacked their manager. Then they soared up the league. I was in the mix for that opening but I didn't have any interest in that job.

That was quick.
    TBF, if Genk, Anderlecht, or Standard approached me, I could just as easily win the league with them. Their poor performances have hurt the league as a whole, as it's now only a 2.5 star league. Which might hurt my future job prospects in a top league in the process so for now I'm happy to stay at a team that could win the league many times with me at the helm.

Reserves

Club Brugge KV - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2019-2020 Preseason

Media Prediction: 3rd
    UEFA Champions League Expectation: Reach 3rd Qualifying Phase
    Jupiler Pro League Expectation: Challenge for the title
    Cofidis Cup Expectation: Reach cup final
    Supercoupe de Belique Expectation: none (I would want to win it though)
    TV Rights: $660k
    Transfer Budget: $16.86 million
    Wage Budget: $16.25 million (currently spending $9,813,191)

Reserves

Ricky Nakano in high demand as manager

JULY 12, 2019

BRUGES - Club Brugge manager Ricky Nakano is in high demand as teams look for a new manager to take them to greater heights. There have been reports that Spanish La Liga sides Elche and Celta have offered him their vacant managerial positions with decent sized budgets as well as a 7 figure annual salary, but Nakano has rejected those offers. Nakano has refused to comment on his job status with the club, but our sources have learned that Nakano has recently applied for a vacant managerial spot at Ligue 1 finalists Montpellier, but was rejected. With his contract set to expire at the end of the season, there is increasing speculation that Nakano will look to move on.

In a short statement on the club website, Club Brugge and Nakano shared this statement:

"It is to my knowledge that there are rumours at the club about whether I will seek new opportunities at another club. I want to clarify these remarks and state that I'm not actively looking for a new job. I want to stay at Club Brugge at least through the 2019-2020 season. I have not applied for any vacant managerial openings. My focus is 100% on Club Brugge and winning another league title.

I'm looking forward to seeing media members and fans alike at Jan Breydelstadion in the upcoming league season.

Ricky Nakano"

-----

Rejected 2 offers from lower La Liga clubs. No interest in leaving Club Brugge since I want to see if I can take the club into Champions League group stage and I would love another league title to add to my resume.

Third Team

Surprised to see you win the league so quickly. Should win the league again this year and I hope you'll do well in the CL

Youth Team

Wow! That was a fast rebulid!

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

not a bad first season in Brugge at all!

Reserves

Club Brugge KV - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2019-2020 Off-season Signings

BRUGES - At the conclusion of the summer transfer window, manager Ricky Nakano has once again done some major wheeling and dealing to improve the squad.

"I feel that at the beginning of every new season, you have to get better," he said, "because the other teams are going to improve, and if you don't try to get better, you're only going to be playing catchup to the majority of the other teams. That's not to say the previous group of players don't have talent by any stretch of the imagination, but there's only 11 spots in the starting lineup, and only 18 players are selected on the matchday squad. It's great to try and keep everyone, but sometimes its in the best interest of both parties to move on."

Andre - Signed from Ukrainian powerhouse Shakhtar, Andre was found on the fringes of the first team, and came to Club Brugge on a free transfer. His league form is average, and still carrying a good rating despite a slow start, but overall he's done well to begin his career here.

Lukas Malek - A young midfielder, Malek was signed for a very small fee of $70k as youth contract compensation. He will spend the year in the youth team. He will be homegrown by the end of the 2021-2022 season.

Peter Mbidzo - He spent the first 3 years of his career in his native Zimbabwe, scoring 30 league goals in 60 league games, and then went to America with the Seattle Sounders, and scored a further 58 goals in 131 league games over 4 seasons in the Pacific Northwest. And now he's just scoring for fun, as you can see here. Ignore the Lille game as it was a friendly. I'll love to see how many goals he'll score over the course of an entire season! (Note: he's has $10 million minimum release to foreign clubs)

Nicolas Martin Gorobsov - Acquired on loan again, he will spend the season with Club Brugge and strengthen the midfield. There's no interest to acquire him permanently though.

Zvonimir Cosic - He was one of two free agent 'keepers in pre-season as I was looking for a new backup, since our current backup was sidelined till the beginning of 2020. One was Canadian and one was American, so guess who I signed?

Daan Van Gljseghem - Signed because he's decent and for Homegrown quota purposes.

Helder - This was a guy I was monitoring for a few seasons and I finally get to sign him...one problem, he's not as good as I thought and finding him playing time right now is a challenge.

Fernando - I wanted to improve the defense again, and I found Fernando. All I'm paying is 100% of his wages, and I like the look of him so far.

Abdussamed Dahir - A CM I've been tracking for a few months, I decided to make my move and acquire him permanently. This led me to loan out South African Bongani Mavimbela and get another $375k.

Giovanni Matteo - He's a former Roma youth team player, but he never made it. His signing allowed to sell Srdjan Stanic to Polish club Legia for $3.1 million and a 50% of next sale clause.

Notables leaving the club is former starter Mohammed Sheriff to Greece powerhouse Panathinaikos for $3 million and a 50% of next sale clause and the already mentioned Stanic.

---------

2019-2020 UEFA Champions League

So Club Brugge start in the Champions Second Qualifying Round this season, they face Armenian champions Ararat Yerevan.

Second Qualifying Round: vs Ararat Yerevan (Armenia)

1st Leg: Club Brugge 8-1 Ararat Yerevan

We did what was expected with a dominant win. A media member was cheeky enough to ask if our position in this round was threatened because of that 1 away goal by the Armenians...

"Yeah, I think they might defeat us 7-0 in Armenia and win on away goals."

2nd Leg: Ararat Yerevan (1) 0-7 (15) Club Brugge

I guess I should stick with football management and not fortune telling....

Third Qualifying Round: vs Olympiacos (Greece)

Next up: the Greek champions.

1st Leg: Olympiacos 2-3 Club Brugge

A good game that went back and forth. Fortunately we win and have 3 away goals.

2nd Leg: Club Brugge (5) 2-0 (2) Olympiacos

A very tight match that we won only because of some late goals because Olympiacos were pushing for a couple goals to win.

Playoff: vs FC Kobenhavn (Denmark)

The Denmark champions will be a tough matchup.

1st Leg: FC Kobenhavn 2-1 Club Brugge

A poor game, but we got an important away goal.

2nd Leg: Club Brugge (5) 4-1 (3) FC Kobenhavn

Dominance. We showed up to win and win we did.

------

Group Stage

So Marseille, Porto, and Liverpool. Good thing the latter aren't managed by SRL88 or AK22! I would be happy with last place and hopefully points in Belgium, although I won't be changing tactics for them. I'm interested in seeing how many goals we can score against these 3 teams with our attacking philosophy.

Youth Team

Ouch, those are some pretty big clubs to be up against! But your record suggests that you got a great chance :0

Reserves

Surprised to see you win the league so quickly. Should win the league again this year and I hope you'll do well in the CL
    TBF, if Standard, Genk, or Anderlecht sacked their manager and offered me the job I think I would probably win the league just as easily. All of these teams have the financial muscle to make a quick turnaround in the league if their managers aren't idiots which the AI usually are.

Do note that my teams have the most foreigners in the league, with only 38% domestic players, compared to 63% overall in the Belgian top flight.

Wow! That was a fast rebulid!
    Rome might not have been built in a day but Club Brugge was.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    not a bad first season in Brugge at all!
    Cheers Paul. Hoping for even a better second one.

Reserves

Ouch, those are some pretty big clubs to be up against! But your record suggests that you got a great chance :0
    To me we already won with getting to the Group Stage. We could do better in Europa League but I want to play against the best. I just hope this doesn't affect us in the league games if we lose by a few goals.

Amateur

Well done so far in this save. Shame that the game was bugging out with the national team.

Third Team

Doing very well with Brugge,good luck in the group stages

Tough group in Europe, but you might pick up a few points.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Well done so far in this save. Shame that the game was bugging out with the national team.
    There are quite a few issues with the save. The latest one is FM12 using up too much memory. And since my setup is so big I expect more crashes...

Doing very well with Brugge,good luck in the group stages
    Tough group in Europe, but you might pick up a few points.
    We picked up 2 points actually. Home draws against Porto (blew 3 leads though ) and Liverpool and scored 7 goals in the 6 games.

Youth Team

There are quite a few issues with the save. The latest one is FM12 using up too much memory. And since my setup is so big I expect more crashes...
    Maybe remove a couple leagues?

Reserves

Good luck in the groups.

Reserves

Maybe remove a couple leagues?
    Yeah, MLS will be removed for sure. I would like to continue with the current setup, or else I might have to remove some useless lower leagues (like the Maltese 3rd tier and Faroe Islands 3rd tier for example )

Good luck in the groups.
    We already got a couple points in the group stages, not enough to get a knockout round but it was the best I could ask for from this team.

Reserves

Club Brugge KV - Belgian Jupiler Pro League - 2019-2020

Standings | Championship Group | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - A great season and we end up going undefeated in the league! We also shatter the record for league goals in the Pro League.

UEFA Champions League - I met my personal target of making the group stages, but of course, we finished bottom

Cofidis Cup - Unlucky to draw Genk so early, but it was an exciting game

Supercoupe - A solid win in the Supercup.

-------

Transfers - We were champions the previous season, but I still got some more players to try to repeat, and it worked out in the end.

Peter Mbidzo - probably one of the best free transfers I ever made, he cooled down near the end of the season (although that was partly due to loss of Andre mid-season), but overall he was brilliant.

Fernando - He was a very shrewd loan signing from Santos. There are quite a few Brazilians willing to come to Belgium to play and it's about finding the right pieces, and Fernando was one of these pieces.

Abdussamed Dahir - I wanted more depth at the CM position, and Dahir provided that all season.

Giovanni Matteo - A very impressive season from a player who wasn't even on my radar till his agent offered him out to us.

Xavier - A last minute addition because of the untimely departure of Andre, we acquired another former Shakhtar player who cost a lot but he performed well in his half season.

----

Squad - It's still a very strong squad overall, but unfortunately lacking in any impact Belgians.

Made nice profit again, although a lot was due to Champions League revenue, in excess of $14 million.

Goals for Next season

• Find a new country to manage in. I want a new challenge.

Career Summary:

Overview

Code:
    2018-2019   Club Brugge KV    Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st                       Domestic Double
    2019-2020   Club Brugge KV    Belgium    Jupiler Pro League            1st               Undefeated Champions!!!
    Former Club Watch:

SV Zulte Waregem - made it into the European Places Playoff final but lost out in the end in the Final to Sint-Truiden

Former Player Watch:

Jan Deschacht - He was 2nd highest goal scorer on the team as Fenerbahce wins the league title. Galatasaray finish in 4th.

Reserves

Ricky Nakano resigns as Club Brugge manager

MAY 24, 2020

BRUGES - It was rumoured near the end of the season, and it has down become official. Ricky Nakano, who guided 2 different Belgian teams to the Jupiler Pro League the last 3 seasons, has resigned from his managerial post at Club Brugge. In the press conference with Chairman Bart Verhaeghe, Nakano, and his family in attendance, the Canadian mentioned how proud he was to give the opportunity to manage in Belgium.

"I made many friends the last 4 years," he said, "it's always tough to say goodbye to your friends to try new things, but they've been supportive of my decision, and hope the best for me. I'm very proud of what the staff here had done over the last couple years to become champions. It's a lot of hard work and I couldn't be more happier about how we've changed for the better. I wish the best of luck to whoever becomes the next manager at Club Brugge to continue to win. The moments that happened here I will never forget."

"As for my next opportunity, I'm not ready to think about that just yet. I want to unwind after a long season and take a little break. The European Championship is being hosted by Belgium this year, and in Bruges as well. I'll love to just watch the games as a spectator and a Belgian fan. I'm open to any opportunities at the club and international level, but I will maintain I'm only interested in managing at one post at a time."

Reserves

Well done in Belgium.

Third Team

You did a brilliant job,congrats on the invincible season as well

Reserves

Rubin Kazan -Russian Prem'er Liga - 2020-2021

Ricky Nakano unveiled as new Rubin Kazan manager

JULY 2, 2020

KAZAN - Chairman Anatoly Alymov has unveiled the next manager of Rubin Kazan to hopefully take them over the top and become champions. That person is Canadian Ricky Nakano, who had recently spent the last 4 seasons in Belgium, winning the league title the past 3 seasons. Nakano has said to be excited about his new challenge.

"I'm really happy to be here with Mr. Alymov to become the next manager of Rubin Kazan. The club has finished in the top 4 the last 3 seasons (4th in 17/18, 2nd in 18/19, and 3rd in 19/20) so I know there's already the right pieces in place. The next logical step here is to win the league title."

"With the likes of CSKA Moscow, Zenit St. Petersburg, Anji Makhachkala, Locomotiv Moscow and Dinamo Moscow, I'm certain the league will be competitive every season, and I relish this big challenge."

The terms of the deal is a 3 year contract until June 2024 that pays Nakano $425,000 annually.

-------

I am given a $10,250,000 transfer budget. It's a bit less than at Club Brugge but manageable. I also have a big wage budget of $27 million, although there's not much free wage budget, as $26.76 million has already been used.

Reserves

Well done in Belgium.
    Cheers deltablue.

You did a brilliant job,congrats on the invincible season as well
    Cheers B.W.G. Just trying to follow suit with your current invincibility with Vitoria.

Reserves

Rubin should go well.

Youth Team

To Russia with Love! Great job in Belgium

Reserves

2020 UEFA European Championship - Hosts: Belgium

Group Stage:

A - Israel (7), Greece (4), Sweden (4), Croatia (1)
    B - Wales (7), Russia (4), Belgium (4), Romania (1)
    C - Germany (6), Serbia (6), France (4), Norway (1)
    D - Spain (7), Portugal (6), Poland (2), Scotland (1)
    E - Italy (5), Netherlands (5), Ireland (4), England (1)
    F - Slovakia (7), Turkey (7), Czech Republic (1), Ukraine (1)

Second Round:

Israel 2-0 Russia
    Italy 2-3 (p) Turkey
    Wales 2-2 (p) Sweden
    Slovakia 4-2 Belgium
    Netherlands (e) 2-1 Greece
    Germany 2-3 (e) France
    Ireland 1-3 Spain
    Serbia 0-2 Portugal

Quarter-Final:

Turkey 1-2 Israel
    Sweden 3-0 Slovakia
    France 3-0 Netherlands
    Spain (p) 1-1 Portugal

Semi-Final:

Israel 0-2 Spain
    Sweden 1-3 France

Final:

Spain 2-1 France

----

Notable job openings after the Euros include Spain (1st in World Rankings), Portugal (5th), France (6th), Italy (7th), Turkey (8th), Germany (12th), England (18th), and Russia (21st).

Reserves

Rubin should go well.
    To Russia with Love! Great job in Belgium
    An interesting offer has been given to me and I will have to resign from Rubin...

Reserves

Already! wow.

Reserves

Spain

World Ranking: 1st
    Star Players: David De Gea (Man Utd), Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Iker Muniain (Athletic), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Juan Mata (Chelsea),
    Sergio Busquets (Man Utd)
    Rivals: Italy, France, Portugal

Accomplishments:

FIFA World Cup Winners - 2010
    UEFA European Championship - 1964, 2008, 2020
    FIFA Confederations Cup - 2013

July 19, 2020

A press conference will announce Ricky Nakano's hiring from Russia club Rubin Kazan later on in the evening, along with an analysis of the squad (will come later as I'm going out now).

Last edited by rancer890; 17-06-2012 at 01:37.

Third Team

Wow,quick reign at Rubin but Spain is a much better job Hopefully it's a good omen as I started my stint as Spain manager on 19/7/20 as well

First Team Regular

Should change your name to George Jefferson, because you're movin' on up.

Reserves

----------------------------------------

JULY 19, 2020

[translated from Spanish to English]

Ricky Nakano is hired as the new manager of Spain

MADRID - Shock would be a good word to describe the faces of the many football fans in Spain, as the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RSFF) unveiled the new manager of the senior national team, Canadian Ricky Nakano. Many loyal followers would have expected a more familiar name among the ranks, like Spaniard Juan Carlos Garrido, but the 34 year old, whose only major managerial experience is in Belgium with Zulte Waregem and Club Brugge, as well as a 10 day stint in Russia with Rubin Kazan. The timing of this hire was unexpected to say the least, but the new manager of the world's best football team is looking forward to his new role.

"I'm very excited about this unique opportunity to manage the Spanish national team," the Canadian said, "it's another unique challenge because managing a national team is a lot different than a club team. We get to choose the players but we're not necessarily buying them. The players have less chemistry because a national team only has a few days to prepare for fixtures than a club team that has all season to train together and build chemistry. There's a lot of talent here, and several world class players, but we have to play as a team to win, and that's my responsibility."

During the press conference, Mr. Nakano has stated that at a minimum he would stay through World Cup Qualifying for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, and perhaps the 2024 European Championship. "I resigned from Rubin Kazan because I want to focus solely on the national team. It would be unfair to both parties if I wasn't into the job 100%. Rubin understood my position, and they're happy for me."

"I'm going to encourage attacking football," he continued, "I had a certain style of play in Belgium, and I would like to teach these methods over to the national team. We certainly have the players to succeed within the system."

As for the winning culture on the team, he knew what's in store with expectations: "I want to win, the players want to win, and the supporters want us to win. I am fully aware of the pressure here, and I want to deliver on our promise to win to our fans."

Although there were rumours that he wouldn't be allowed to continue in both posts unless he was the Russian national manager, Nakano refused to comment any further on the rumours.

The national team will be participating in World Cup Qualifying against Cyprus, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Serbia, and Ireland.

----

Upcoming fixtures in 2020:

Sept. 5: vs Serbia (WCQ)
    Sept. 9: at Ireland (WCQ)
    Nov. 10: vs Cyprus (WCQ)
    Nov. 14: at Switzerland (WCQ)

Reserves

Wow,quick reign at Rubin but Spain is a much better job Hopefully it's a good omen as I started my stint as Spain manager on 19/7/20 as well
    What a big coincidence. Now I just need a Sola lookalike.

Cheers Jason. I'm on top of the international football scene.

Youth Team

Comic gold, my friend

Reserves

I think a Sola playalike would be more useful

Amateur

Enjoying this! Bet the Russians were surprised

Reserves

----------------------------------------

* = Denotes newgen

Goalkeepers - David De Gea (Manchester United), Vicente Guaita (Valencia), Sergio Asenjo (At. Madrid)

Defenders - Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Marc Bartra (FC Bayern), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Alvaro Rodriguez (At. Madrid), Jordi Amat (Malaga), Martin Montoya (At. Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic), Jose Angel (Malaga), Jordi Alba (Valencia)

Midfielders - Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Javi Martinez (Athletic), Kiko Femenia (Lyon), Thiago (Barcelona), Rubin Perez (At. Madrid), Sergio Canales (Fiorentina), Sergio Busquets (Manchester United)

Forwards - Iker Muniain (Athletic), Kleber (Malaga), Patricio Manzano (Sevilla)*, Juan Mata (Chelsea)

2022 World Cup Qualifying

Game 1: vs Serbia - W 4-2 - Stats

Game 2: at Ireland - W 3-2 - Stats

So my first two games with Spain go without a whole lot of problems. I expected to score goals and expected to give up some too. As the players get accustomed to the formation and style of play they'll get better. I'm going to stick with the same group of players for now because it's not a good time to experiment with many players in competitive matches.

Standings

It's early but we're doing well.

----

Upcoming fixtures:

Oct. 10: vs Cyprus (WCQ)
    Oct. 14: at Switzerland (WCQ)
    Nov. 14: vs England (Friendly)
    Nov. 18: at Belgium (Friendly)

Reserves

I think a Sola playalike would be more useful
    That would be better than just a lookalike yes.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcharliemann View Post
    Enjoying this! Bet the Russians were surprised
    I'm sure the Russians never experienced something like that before!

Youth Team

Well, that was brief!

You had a great couple of seasons with Brugge, but Spain is a huge step up! Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast