Steam; playing off-line.

Had big internet problems the other day & needed to load the game off-line.

When I tried Steam I got a small box which offered "Play game off-line" option. When I pressed it it said something like "Can't connect to Steam online, check out XXXX webpage".

Like...dooohhh!

If I had internet I wouldn't be trying to play online (personally) and to follow the play offline option with dross about unable to connect & offering a webpage is stupid in the extreme.

I never did manage to load the offline game. Can some kind person take me through the stages that will get me in the Steam Offline mode?

Thx!

Of no help to you but the only way I can get Steam working offline is to change the settings once i'm online which is a bit stupid. I did use to be able to do it but now get the same messages as you. I now just leave it offline. Hope some-one can answer this for you as I would also like to know.

Had big internet problems the other day & needed to load the game off-line.

When I tried Steam I got a small box which offered "Play game off-line" option. When I pressed it it said something like "Can't connect to Steam online, check out XXXX webpage".

Like...dooohhh!

If I had internet I wouldn't be trying to play online (personally) and to follow the play offline option with dross about unable to connect & offering a webpage is stupid in the extreme.

I never did manage to load the offline game. Can some kind person take me through the stages that will get me in the Steam Offline mode?

Thx!

Apologies if you've already tried but try here, mate. A good amount of FAQ's are answered in this section

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162

Apologies if you've already tried but try here, mate. A good amount of FAQ's are answered in this section

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162

"We have outlined below the steps to set Steam to Offline Mode.

1) Start Steam whilst being connected to the Internet - make sure that the “Remember my password” box on the login window is checked."

These instructions pretty much make the "play offline" feature useless to me. I only ever want to play offline if I get an internet problem &, according to these instructions, once you don't have internet it's too late to play in offline mode.

Obviously the Steam chappies are all "Catch 22" readers!

Archived