Signing experienced players on loan

Hi,

I manage Fleetwood Town. I brought them from the Blue Square Premier up into League 2, defied all odds and by 40 games I am sitting in playoffs. However, with only £19,500 a week wage budget, I have to look to Loan signings. So, I think "Experienced players", they can help me through this.

So I send some scouts out to players who are transfer/loan listed in Championship/League 1 and get some good experienced players who are all "interested" in transferring to fleetwood on loan. Now, these were never meant to be permanent transfers, only something to help the club gain promotion and improve the squad for 6 months.

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER decided to turn me down. The clubs accepted. The loans were only for 3 months. I want to know why I was by my scouts that they were "interested" and also, in the player search I made sure "unrealistic transfers" was ticked and therefore I could only see those who wished to transfer to me.

Anyone else come across this problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

The "unrealistic tranfer" is not always 100% correct it is only your assistants opinion. You can sign a player who might not show when it is ticked just as a player can decide he doesnt want to come. Also the scout saying that a player is interested is also only his opinion, chances are that the player doesnt want to come and will only do it as a last resort. Declare interst and see what the result coming back is. Just try other people and see if they will come, might have just been a bit of bad luck or bad judgement by the scouts and assistant...alwys possible at a club from united down to havant and waterlooville as a persons opinion can never be 100%

Yea haz32, that was my reasoning behind the signings. And ljwjones, your probably right, its just SO frustrating when I know I need a bit of experience to get through the season and NOBODY is coming to the club.

Archived