saving and exiting

ok, got my first ever android device monday, and my game this am.

all smooth but:

-you can't "exit" like in windows?

-it sometimes saves and exits itself?

-you can't name a save it's always your name plus the date therefore you can have as i have 3 identically named saves?

this is ALL new to me, but it's FM and i'm happy:)

• SI Staff

Exit

At present exiting is managed by the Operating system (which is the 'recommended' way for developers to work on Android apparently), you can force an exit through a task manager though (most devices have one which is addable to a page as a widget).

Saves and Exits itself

This will only happen if the system is low on memory or if you have it backgrounded and the OS decides it can use the apps memory better elsewhere ... if you don't think this is the case then please let me know.

Naming saves

Nah it auto names the saves as you mentioned - the date is the in-game date so its unlikely you'll end up with 3 the same unless you've VERY paranoid about saving ;)

i'm getting paranoid about saving because i've received calls and have found the game has exited without me having saved before. i certainly need to recharge my phone it's using a lot of grunt.

when i wanted to load game i found 2 "autosaves" with the same in-game date as my manual save

• SI Staff
i'm getting paranoid about saving because i've received calls and have found the game has exited without me having saved before. i certainly need to recharge my phone it's using a lot of grunt.

That can happen on some devices but its very rare (normally its older devices where they can't hold the game in memory at the same time as the call and the OS prioritises the call).

If you find this is the case then I'd recommend regular manual saves (turn 'autosave' on in preferences and it'll save every week also).

when i wanted to load game i found 2 "autosaves" with the same in-game date as my manual save

It'll do this sometimes especially if you get to a day where its done an autosave and then exit the loaded game (which in itself triggers an autosave just to be on the safe side).

It's still happenning. I've got android 4.0 so it shouldn't be an issue but last night playing and posting here i d find the game reload when I went back oit. I need to get to grips with android its all new to me I'm sure ill find a solution

!

Archived