Player don't leave the club

I'm the Manager of Duque de Caixas in Brazils First League. I tried to negotiate a new contract with my star player because his contracts expires. But he didn't think i can met his demands and i didn't had a chance to sign him again. Because of this i put him on the transfer list and Marseille made a bit. I accepted for a transfer at end of the season. Marseille accepted too. Time goes bye, the season was over, the contract ended but the player still plays at my team a year later without any contract. Everyday i got mails telling me the transfer can now be completed, but nothing happens. i can't offer him contract or fire him.

Anyone had the same problem (in fact for my team it's good, because he plays for 14'000 $ - or maybe for free - with a Value about more than 20 Millions)?

• SI Staff
I'm the Manager of Duque de Caixas in Brazils First League. I tried to negotiate a new contract with my star player because his contracts expires. But he didn't think i can met his demands and i didn't had a chance to sign him again. Because of this i put him on the transfer list and Marseille made a bit. I accepted for a transfer at end of the season. Marseille accepted too. Time goes bye, the season was over, the contract ended but the player still plays at my team a year later without any contract. Everyday i got mails telling me the transfer can now be completed, but nothing happens. i can't offer him contract or fire him.

Anyone had the same problem (in fact for my team it's good, because he plays for 14'000 $ - or maybe for free - with a Value about more than 20 Millions)?

Thanks - we're aware of an issue where setting a transfer to 'end of season' when a player's contract is expiring will sometimes cause the 'in limbo' situation you describe. It's currently under review internally and hopefully we'll get a chance to fix it soon!

I got a glitch that wassort of the same. There was a great scottish keeper called Craig McGregor who played for Dundee FC and was very talented. I (Dorchester Town) and Spurs were in a bidding war. they won but when I looked at happiness it said "Looking forward to join eastbourne borough" I was slightly confused as they had nothing to do with it, by the time he was meant to join spurs at the end of the season his hapiness said "Wants to join a new club" or something like that - he was still at dundee. He never joined Spurs and I got him the next transfer window.

My wee story :)

Archived