Second new stadium

On my journey to take the mighty Carshalton Athletic to the top I got a new stadium after my first season in the Premiership in 2016. It's now 2030 and I've maxed out all the additional expansions on it and am still filling the stadium (about 40k capacity).

What are the chances of me getting another new stadium, and wonder if there's a minimum number of years between the two?

I believe it is 20 years. I think the stadium can be ready for the start of the twenty-first year meaning planning/building can commence before then. As an example I started out as Leicester City and there current stadium was opened in 2002 and I moved into a new stadium in 2022 when planning had started in 2020.

At a guess I think planning for a new stadium will be announced at the endd of your 2033/34 season.

Not 100% but I think that is how it works.

I'm doing a save similar to yours in that I'm taking Kingstonian to the top and am currently in the Championship and having a 14,000 stadium built and I just wondered how big your stadium was when built in 2016? I'm curious how much it can be expanded.

if you can't wait, you could use FMRTE and edit the year your new stadium was built.

If you are going to do that why not just edit the maximum size of your current stadium or, for that matter, the current size of the current stadium.?

I'm doing a save similar to yours in that I'm taking Kingstonian to the top and am currently in the Championship and having a 14,000 stadium built and I just wondered how big your stadium was when built in 2016? I'm curious how much it can be expanded.

That will vary from stadium to stadium.

Because it enables you to go through the process of having a second stadium built. You will still have to pay for it, and get additional benefits such as retractable roof, or the stadium being named after you.

If you edit the current size of stadium then that is going further down the route of cheating. I don't want this to become a debate about using editors but i believe this is an option that is worth mentioning.

If you can get your team to grow quickly, having to wait 20 years is a little frustrating. I understand why it has been programmed this way but it's good you can use FMRTE to bypass this if you so choose.

Because it enables you to go through the process of having a second stadium built. You will still have to pay for it, and get additional benefits such as retractable roof, or the stadium being named after you.

If you edit the current size of stadium then that is going further down the route of cheating. I don't want this to become a debate about using editors but i believe this is an option that is worth mentioning.

If you can get your team to grow quickly, having to wait 20 years is a little frustrating. I understand why it has been programmed this way but it's good you can use FMRTE to bypass this if you so choose.

I agree with this. The 20-years-rule is entirely arbitrary and if the choice is between doing this and losing interest in the save, I'd say that little edit is hardly a cheat at all.

However, since the build date of your current stadium is generated by the game and not just a background number in the database, there is a chance that editing it afterwards may be more risky when it comes to corruption of data.

Archived