This idea is blatantly being ripped off from SMSL's Plug n Play Championship - FM 2012 because I enjoyed it even though I was apparently pretty horrible at it.
From that thread, I have also stolen the introduction:
We all know that there are no super plug n play tactics but there are plug n play tactics. The question is...
Just how good are they?
The idea of this competition is to provide a link to your plug n play tactic which I will then download and use with my chosen side for this FM 2012 challenge. I will then go on "holiday mode" with the instruction to the AssMan that he must use this tactic.
There will be 3 Championships up for grabs.
- There will be the "tactics creator" championship. Where you will you use "create a tactic" mode to make your tactic. So all your players must use predefined player roles and duties.
- The 2nd championship is for "classical tactics". Done in the traditional mode with arrows etc...
- The 3rd championship is for the overall title.
Now the way to win this title is by the chosen side amassing league points, GD, etc. Although I shall also note cup performances.
I will also try the tactics on a 1st come 1st serve basis so if I accidentally miss yours out don't hesitate to let me know in this thread.
Note this team will struggle. Just keeping them up will be a seriously good achievement. You are also permitted to enter the Championship as many times as you like as long as it is YOUR tactic. Please don't forward someone else's tactic(s) as they may not wish to enter.
Please state if your tactic is a "Creator" tactic or a "Classic" tactic.
I have decided that anyone can come up with a tactic for the likes of Barcelona and other big clubs so I have gone for a small club just promoted into a bottom division in a small country.
So without further adieu allow me to introduce to you the team of aspiring relegation candidates that you will be hopefully guiding to stay pretty much where they are.
The team for this challenge is the newly promoted Lower Maze in the Northern Irish Second Division whose stadium is the appropriately named Bog Road with 1,000 capacity. Here is your squad: [Direct Link]
Here is the newly hired Assistant Manager: Darren Lockhart - He prefers a 4-4-2 and is probably as good as we could get.
And here are your superstars in order of descending CA as evaluated by the AssMan:
- Moussa Zaïdan - M/AM(R) - 27 yo. winger from Guinea - Not totally horrible
- Davy Adair - D (C) - 25 yo. defender - assistant captain.
- Aaron Turner - GK - 27 yo. keeper who isn't horrible unless racing small children
- Simon Hunter - ST/AM(C) - 26 yo. Striker - He's mildly quick at least and is the current captain
- Darren Gregg - D (C) - 28 yo. defender - Can jump a little
- Darren Carson - D (LC) - 18 yo. defender - Brave but dumb
- Sammy Hunter - D (R) - 27 yo. fullback - Possibly related to Simon more average overall than most players
- Aaron McKeague - D (L), DM, M (C) - Ancient 36 yo. defensive mid - Was the previous captain. He's the only one still playing as an amateur. Not totally horrible except physically.
I've set the workload to "High" and set the Focus to "Teamwork" so they will adapt to the tactic faster than they would normally. Let the seasons of suck begin!