Freaking Wolves!

Just a rant thread, not meant to be taken seriously.

What is it with Wolves in this flipping game? Try to set up a game where the Premier League European spots, and relegation places are taken up by the correct teams to start a game beginning at the start of the 2012-13 season as accurately as possible. I did it this time last year with FM11 quite easily. So I start a game with the Swedish League start date, looking to get a position with the table as close as possible. Every time I get something close I see Wolves in something like 5th or 6th. WTF!!! Every single time! I would need to save/reload every match to get the relegated. I can get the top six or so relatively close. Blackburn and Bolton down there. Even the Championship sitting nicely to get the correct three teams up. Why. Won't. Wolves. Play. Ball?!?!?!?

Rant over.

Wolves always do ridiculously well in my games too. They finish mid table in the 1st season and then go on to establish themselves as a top 10 team. No real explanation for it either. Steven Fletcher is always a beast but none of their other players stand out as good performers so I've no ideas how they do so well.

I've had a couple of games and Wolves have done really well on both of them. One game they finished 4th 1st season and Terry Connor won manager of the year, on the other they won the FA and League Cup in their first season and Connor won manager of the year.

It's their mental/hidden stats. They're easy to motivate, consistent and they don't give up.

Try editing their reputation to make it much lower, then hopefully they'll be in the bottom 3 when you start a game.

This might actually make things worse since part of the problem is that many AI teams get complacent against them.

Try editing their reputation to make it much lower, then hopefully they'll be in the bottom 3 when you start a game.

That would have a detrimental long term effect on the club, making them much less likely to come back up. I quite like Wolves and would rather give them a good chance to get back up.

Yes, still trying...

• 2 weeks later...

Try putting the detail level for the Premier League down (probably to the minimum) - that way, the ME simulates results quickly with a larger emphasis on reputation, giving Wolves a decent chance of relegation.

Some of their players are hideously overrated and have been for a while. I like Fletcher and Doyle, but they aren't close to being as good in real life as they are in the game. Bought Fletcher for 8,000,000 with Heerenveen in a recent game and he scored 4 in 5, with 3 assists in 5, for three consecutive seasons, winning player of the year twice.

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I finally managed to get a Premier League 2012-13 season with the correct teams and European places. The previous season wasn't exactly the same as real life, with Liverpool winning the FA Cup and Newcastle the League Cup, but it's pretty close, with the only difference affecting the new season being four clubs in the Europa League for some reason, with West Brom getting the extra spot. Here's a link to the save if anyone is interested, obviously it isn't the same as real life, with a few managerial differences, and summer transfers not being included, but it's pretty close. Only the English leagues down to the Conference National are active, but nearly every other league is on view only, with a Large database.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21866518/2012-13.fm

• 5 months later...
FM QPR are the new wolves.

although Burnly on mine got Promoted. 7 games in a 5th behind stoke(?) after beating chelsea away Arsenal and drawing with Liverpool lol

They got relegated on mine with record low points...

Knocked me out FA cup though...

Archived