I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the scout reports on FMH2011 for the iPhone. I scout every player twice yet whenever I sign a player the coach report is always much worse than the scout reports. For example, I scout a player twice and he has 4 stars for current ability and 4 stars for potential ability yet when I sign him his coach report has 2 stars for current ability and 3 stars for potential ability. Am I doing something wrong or is this just messed up?

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the scout reports on FMH2011 for the iPhone. I scout every player twice yet whenever I sign a player the coach report is always much worse than the scout reports. For example, I scout a player twice and he has 4 stars for current ability and 4 stars for potential ability yet when I sign him his coach report has 2 stars for current ability and 3 stars for potential ability. Am I doing something wrong or is this just messed up?

Scout reports are some what mixed with a player's current form. So if a player really is only a 2 star CA & 3 star PA guy but has an average match rating of 7 or higher, he could show up as a 4/4 guy. Honestly, I quit scouting all together since it's kinda pointless. I just look at a players attributes and determine if he will be good or not. Of course those are sometimes wrong as well, but its easier to find good players that way rather than relying on scouts. If you really want to scout, the best thing to do is scout everyone and then look at the list of players before the next season starts right after the new season update. Then most players won't have any games and their star ratings will be based more off their attributes.

Unfortunately the scouting system on FMH has always been somewhat suspect.

Aaaaagree. I think it would be better served if they always showed us the star ratings of players as in, current form. But give us the ability to scout a player to determine his potential. It works in my head, but that's not sayin much :)

I think we all realized a drop down in skill levels since FMH2012 after signing a player. Maybe this contributes to the drop down in star ratings too. I have seen that highly skilled players had approx. 2 points lower ratings after joining my team. Most of them recovered quickly within a couple of month.

Archived