Question about long term games...

I apologise in advance if this has been asked to death, but search isn't working for me for some reason.

My girlfriend asked me yesterday what happens in a long term game of FM if you reach the age where your manager would... be no more. I've seen games going up to 2200 before, but what happens with the manager?

I apologise in advance if this has been asked to death, but search isn't working for me for some reason.

My girlfriend asked me yesterday what happens in a long term game of FM if you reach the age where your manager would... be no more. I've seen games going up to 2200 before, but what happens with the manager?

In a virtual sense he gains more wrinkles and shrinks.

In a literal sense his wife has walked out on him, and he's three days late for work.

If I remember correctly, the manager age stops at 100 and will remain on that till you start a new game.

What FrazT says is correct, once my manager reaches 60 I start to consider retiring him & he'll generally call it a day anytime over the next 10 years with a replacement manager ready to start his career at the bottom of the football world.

Thats unrealistic though, FM is supposed to be realistic, why not just retire and maybe his son takes over?!

I would like this but ONLY if the game doesnt reset the team..ie; tactical familiarity, training etc.

Thats unrealistic though, FM is supposed to be realistic, why not just retire and maybe his son takes over?!

Actually FM attempts to find a balance between realism and fun and it would not be fun if we were forced to retire.

why is your girlfriend taking such an interest eh ;)

She actually finds the game somewhat interesting. If I recall correctly, it was the tactical and technical nature of the game alongside the theory or something like that. Not to be sniffed at, I suppose. Especially when she remembers my player's names and even celebrates trophy wins :D

She actually finds the game somewhat interesting. If I recall correctly, it was the tactical and technical nature of the game alongside the theory or something like that. Not to be sniffed at, I suppose. Especially when she remembers my player's names and even celebrates trophy wins :D

where can you order one of those?

And can you offer one of these a youth contract?
that sounds a bit wrong :D

i wouldn't want a game that forces retirement on you. whilst you obviously can't go on forever, who's to say that the age restrictions imposed into the game would be enough.

as an example, a FM player who is 68 irl and uses his real D.O.B as a managers profile, does that mean he only gets to play a few years or create an alias manager name? while its hardly the be all and end all, a lot of players want to 'be the manager'

Archived