+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Question about long term games...

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st October 2011
    Location
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)
    Posts
    513

    Default Question about long term games...

    I apologise in advance if this has been asked to death, but search isn't working for me for some reason.

    My girlfriend asked me yesterday what happens in a long term game of FM if you reach the age where your manager would... be no more. I've seen games going up to 2200 before, but what happens with the manager?

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th May 2011
    Location
    Southport, UK
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinburn View Post
    I apologise in advance if this has been asked to death, but search isn't working for me for some reason.

    My girlfriend asked me yesterday what happens in a long term game of FM if you reach the age where your manager would... be no more. I've seen games going up to 2200 before, but what happens with the manager?
    In a virtual sense he gains more wrinkles and shrinks.

    In a literal sense his wife has walked out on him, and he's three days late for work.

  3. #3
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    33,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinburn View Post
    I apologise in advance if this has been asked to death, but search isn't working for me for some reason.

    My girlfriend asked me yesterday what happens in a long term game of FM if you reach the age where your manager would... be no more. I've seen games going up to 2200 before, but what happens with the manager?
    If I remember correctly, the manager age stops at 100 and will remain on that till you start a new game.

  4. #4
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th August 2007
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    What FrazT says is correct, once my manager reaches 60 I start to consider retiring him & he'll generally call it a day anytime over the next 10 years with a replacement manager ready to start his career at the bottom of the football world.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th May 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Thats unrealistic though, FM is supposed to be realistic, why not just retire and maybe his son takes over?!

  6. #6
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarky323 View Post
    Thats unrealistic though, FM is supposed to be realistic, why not just retire and maybe his son takes over?!
    I would like this but ONLY if the game doesnt reset the team..ie; tactical familiarity, training etc.

  7. #7
    Third Team
    Join Date
    11th October 2005
    Location
    Rock>>Me<<Hard Place
    Posts
    8,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarky323 View Post
    Thats unrealistic though, FM is supposed to be realistic, why not just retire and maybe his son takes over?!
    Actually FM attempts to find a balance between realism and fun and it would not be fun if we were forced to retire.

  8. #8
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th September 2005
    Posts
    15,675

    Default

    why is your girlfriend taking such an interest eh

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st October 2011
    Location
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPompey View Post
    why is your girlfriend taking such an interest eh
    She actually finds the game somewhat interesting. If I recall correctly, it was the tactical and technical nature of the game alongside the theory or something like that. Not to be sniffed at, I suppose. Especially when she remembers my player's names and even celebrates trophy wins

  10. #10
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    3rd December 2007
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinburn View Post
    She actually finds the game somewhat interesting. If I recall correctly, it was the tactical and technical nature of the game alongside the theory or something like that. Not to be sniffed at, I suppose. Especially when she remembers my player's names and even celebrates trophy wins
    where can you order one of those?

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th November 2010
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    where can you order one of those?
    And can you offer one of these a youth contract?

  12. #12
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th November 2001
    Location
    Twitter: @allantrotter SEN/PSN: trottay
    Posts
    13,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PPPPPPPPPPPP10 View Post
    And can you offer one of these a youth contract?
    that sounds a bit wrong
    i wouldn't want a game that forces retirement on you. whilst you obviously can't go on forever, who's to say that the age restrictions imposed into the game would be enough.
    as an example, a FM player who is 68 irl and uses his real D.O.B as a managers profile, does that mean he only gets to play a few years or create an alias manager name? while its hardly the be all and end all, a lot of players want to 'be the manager'

  13. #13
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    where can you order one of those?
    Thailand. She loves him long time.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts