Football Manager 2012 Premier League Draft - Sign Up

The Premier League Draft is back.. And this time, much Improved.

No Manager. No coaches and most important of all... no players. The only thing you do have is a big fat wage budget.

Fifa Orgainzation has decided football is getting to "samey" and have decided to shake things up. All players, and staff have been relieved of there duties and all personnell have been placed onto the free agents list. FIFA has decided that those 20 teams need chairmans, those chairmans are you! All teams will be given no transfer budget but an unlimited amount of wage budget. You may be wondering how you sign players well thats where the title comes in. All players willl be selected through a draft process, just like the nfl but you're selecting your whole team from it!

There will be 20 rounds to choose your team from so this might take quite a long time but if you stick with it, its definitely worthwhile.

So here is it how it works. Once you sign up, you'll be asked to PM me your 'top 10' preferred players for the first round.

Example: Round 1

1. Messi 2. Iniesta 3. Rooney 4. Robin Van Persie etc etc.

If none of your ten players are available at that point, then I'll have to ask you to make the pick manually but it generally works out fine. Once we have reached round the end of the round, we will repeat the process again for the next round and so on. It's long winded but it serves a purpose and is typically very fun.

This will mean you will have to decide which route you want to take with your team. You will have to decide which positions you think you can obtain the highest quality in the later rounds. Want to draft that midfield genius that can dictate the game in Round 1? It could work, but could you get a player of similar quality in Round 7? Or do you want to draft a

centre back in the first round and build a rock solid defence? It could work but will your team lack creativity?

All of this has to be taken into account when your making your draft choices, and generally makes for some very interesting scenarios. Trust me its very fun :)

If this is a success, and we have a second season, there will still be a draft. But teams get to choose the top 6 players on the team that they want to keep, the remaining players are released back into free agency to begin another draft.

So now all you need to do, is fill out the signup template and state which team and which manager you want to take over and what manager you want, and PM me your top 10 players for the first round, and then when we have 20 people we will begin the draft.

Name:

Team You Want:

Manager You Want:

Initial Draft Position You Want:

Example:

Name: Pepchr18

Team You Want : Manchester United

Manager You Want: Alex Ferguson

Initial Draft Position You Want: 8th Pick.

Whoever signs up first, will get the choice of where they want to be positioned in the first round. You may want the 1st pick and draft the best player in the world, or you might want a middle pick so that you can stockpile a bunch of quality players. It is all part of the strategy.

Let the fun begin!

Draft Order (Odd Rounds)

1. Dune297 - Manchester City

2. Spurs+EB - Tottenham

3. Matthew Flynn - Everton

4. Arron Balmer - Newcastle

5. Adam Wilkinson - Southampton

6. Sercan Cali - Liverpool

7. Baba Ginoosh - Fulham

8. Andy ES - Manchester United

9. TheGreatTraveler - Chelsea

10. as260191 - Stoke City

11. Omar Brown - Arsenal

12. Neil Fletcher - West Ham

13. Prodigal Son - Aston Villa

14. Preben Elkjaer Larsen - Swansea

15. Pepchr18 - Reading

16. Ryan Procter - Norwich

18. Jack Bullock - QPR

19. William Hall - Sunderland

20. Mikey - West Brom

Draft Order (Even Rounds)

1. Mikey - West Brom

2. William Hall - Sunderland

3. Jack Bullock - QPR

5. Ryan Procter - Norwich

6. Pepchr18 - Reading

7. Preben Elkjaer Larsen - Swansea

8. Prodigal Son

9. Neil Fletcher - West Ham

10. Omar Brown - Arsenal

11. as260191 - Stoke City

12. TheGreatTraveler - Chelsea

13. Andy ES - Manchester United

14. Baba Ginoosh - Fulham

15. Sercan Cali - Liverpool

16. Adam Wilkinson - Southampton

17. Arron Balmer - Newcastle

18. Matthew Flynn - Everton

19. Spurs+E4 - Tottenham

20. Dune297 - Manchester City

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Name: Andy ES

Team You Want: Man Utd

Manager You Want: Jose Mourinho

Initial Draft Position You Want: 2nd (in the second round does the 20th person draft first? If this is the case i'll take 8th)

Yep, that is the case. I'll put you down for 8th.

Does it pertain to just the first round? Since I (believe?)have the first pick, should I just PM you my first choice?

Yeah, just the first pick.. Im assuming its gonna be messi haha

That goes for everyone aswell.. Say you have the 5th pick overall, just send me your top 5, 7th overall top 7 etc etc.

Are you keeping Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves or are you replacing those teams with the 3 promoted sides?

Dont mind. If you want a promoted side.. Feel free to put them down, but Im fine either way. But as soon as one of either the promoted or relegated teams has been taken, we will stick with all three of those teams.. if that makes sense.

Dont mind. If you want a promoted side.. Feel free to put them down, but Im fine either way. But as soon as one of either the promoted or relegated teams has been taken, we will stick with all three of those teams.. if that makes sense.

OK then, I'll pick one of the promoted sides then :D

Name: Adam Wilkinson

Team you Want: Southampton

Manager You Want: Nigel Adkins

Initial Draft Position: 7

OK then, I'll pick one of the promoted sides then :D

Name: Adam Wilkinson

Team you Want: Southampton

Manager You Want: Nigel Adkins

Initial Draft Position: 7

Draft position number 7 has already been taken :) I'll put you down as 5th.

do you get to manage the teams at all? or is it purely a fantasy football selection thing?

Its purely just your selections. It would just be too difficult to do a network game with 20 people. It's still fairly fun this way, I'll give a weekly update with the potential if theres a 2nd season for a re-draft where you select the 6 players you want to keep, and then you fill out the rest of the team through the draft.

But as soon as the teams have been drafted, I will ask all of you to state your preferred formation, so you have control over virtually everything apart from managing on gameday, and in effect have more control as you can decide who you want your manager to be. I will post regular updates regarding the results so it will still feel interactive.

Just to let you all know I am going to start the draft on Saturday at 1 pm, so if we dont have it filled out by then, I will just fill out the computer teams..

Once the 1st round is over, you will have 24 hours to submit your top 10 for the next round. Once we get 5 rounds into it, we'll make it so that your Top 10's turn into something like a top 30 to fill out the remaining rounds as it is unlikely there will be that many conflicts in the later rounds. And if there is, I can just ask you to make a manual selection.

Btw regarding the match reports.. I will give a weekly review of all the results from that week in the Barclays premier league, will take several screenshots, and show the big performers from that week. I will also be using my youtube channel to upload a "game of the week" every week. Each week will have a different team featured, so 10 weeks into the season your teams should have all been featured :)

Name: Prodigal Son

Team You Want: West Ham

Manager You Want: David Moyes

Initial Draft Position You Want: 13th (Unlucky number lol)

West Ham are already taken. Teams that are still available: Aston Villa, Wigan, Sunderland, Norwich, West Brom :)

I'll put you down for Aston Villa for now, as they have the same kit as West Ham, and it doesn't really matter what team you take ultimately, as every team has the same finances/reputation anyway :)

Name: Ryan Procter

Team You Want: Norwich City

Manager You Want: Harry Redknapp

Initial Draft Position You Want: 5th

5th is already taken, so I'll put you down for 16 (which means you get the 5th pick in the 2nd round) - Also Harry Redknapp is already taken.

5th is already taken, so I'll put you down for 16 (which means you get the 5th pick in the 2nd round) - Also Harry Redknapp is already taken.

Giovanni Trapattoni as manager then please. Pretty sure he's not taken?

Archived