[Android] Ideal Tablet Specs?

Apologies if Mark has mentioned this somewhere else. (Can someone post a link if he has)

As with many others, Fatherhood has taken its toll on my FM habit and since going cold turkey, I have been desperately waiting for FM on Android.

Is there such a thing as a max spec on which FM Android will run at it's best. I'm looking to invest in a tablet at some point soon. Has anyone had any negative/positive tablet experiences with FM? Does screen size make a big difference.

Thanks for any help, I'm looking forward to my first fix

• SI Staff

I personally play on an Acer A500 - simply because its the one I own, its smooth and works fine ... but as to whether its the 'best experience' I don't know, here in the US iCS isn't out for that device and I find the particular OS version on mine somewhat clunky in comparison to those available on the mobile phones.

At a slightly 'smaller' size I have become quite fond of the Galaxy Note which is basically somewhere between a phone and a tablet and might be a nice compromise between portability and size?

PS - From a 'FMH' perspective - the resolution and size of screen do help a lot and any device with 1280x720 or above resolution will benefit from additional information being displayed on some screens and a specially adapted team selection system which takes advantage of the increased resolution available.

• SI Staff
Anyone tried FM on a Motorola Xoom? Looks like decent specs and resolution.

We've actually got this device in-house and it works fine on that. ;) There's also the Xoom 2 you could take a look at (unless it's out of your price bracket).

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
I 'think' we've got a Nexus in QA also .... Jamie can you confirm that?

As a phablet the Galaxy Note is quite nice to play on also.

We've got a Galaxy Nexus but that's not a tablet (and horribly expensive!)

I'm guessing you're referring to the Nexus 7 that has just been announced? Looks quite nice but obviously we haven't tested on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I use an Asus Transformer (first generation) TF101. Everything works great except sometimes the pitch in zoom mode has graphical issues. I can see the player icons and goal without problems, movement is smooth, but the surface of the pitch is garbled. No such problem when looking at the full pitch view.

• SI Staff
I use an Asus Transformer (first generation) TF101. Everything works great except sometimes the pitch in zoom mode has graphical issues. I can see the player icons and goal without problems, movement is smooth, but the surface of the pitch is garbled. No such problem when looking at the full pitch view.

Any chance of a screenshot we have a TF101 inhouse and it works fine on that (I've a feeling if you reinstall the problem will disappear - might be a corrupted image file).

Archived