Famous FM fans?

Hi all,

Putting together a project and just wondering if people knew of any other famous, including non-footballing, people who are Football Manager fans? I know Plan B was, anybody think of anybody else?

Any help would be ace!

Taaaaaaaa

Wasn't Gordon Strachan seen with a copy of FM? I'm only going by Wiki so it could be a load of bull.

He doesn't strike me as the type to spend hours at his PC/Laptop playing FM.

I think Eugene is confusing hosting the 2010 British Academy Video Game Awards, with a FM10 launch...

http://www.sega.co.uk/fm10/index.php?p=article&newsid=3949

tbf I think there is a reasonable chance of Dara playing FM, he is a self confessed big gaming fan and also likes football. Where do those two meet on a Venn diagram? Fifa and FM.

Ant & Dec.

They used to have a show with a bit in it called Challenge Ant. It went something along the lines of the contestant could win FM from Ant, and he looked genuinely devastated. Pretty sure I didn't dream that.

What launch of FM10 was that, Eugene?
I think Eugene is confusing hosting the 2010 British Academy Video Game Awards, with a FM10 launch...

http://www.sega.co.uk/fm10/index.php?p=article&newsid=3949

tbf I think there is a reasonable chance of Dara playing FM, he is a self confessed big gaming fan and also likes football. Where do those two meet on a Venn diagram? Fifa and FM.

Sorry bout that - yes those awards.

I usually research these things but laziness got the better of me.

Ricky Hatton used to play a little bit. I got him into it when he came round once in the early 2000's.

I remember hearing Robbie Williams claim he liked to play it. I think Ashley Cole said the same too.

Ricky Hatton used to play a little bit. I got him into it when he came round once in the early 2000's.

Explains his weight between fights, too many hours sat at his laptop rather than going down to the gym.

Explains his weight between fights, too many hours sat at his laptop rather than going down to the gym.

Nah he was just happy to live life and do as he wished between fights :cool:

I'm sure there are plenty of famous footballers who have played the game a little bit before if just for curiosity's sake. I doubt there are too many who are legit fans of the series like most of us are here though.

Jon McClure absolutely loves it, I was supposed to interview him last year when he game to my uni but we just ended up talking about FM for 20 minutes. Got a right bollocking from my lecturer afterwards but it's not everyday you hear about a rock star's toils with Sheffield Wednesday.

Holden wasn't great at Counter-Strike. Nice lad though.

I don't know of any famous people who do who haven't been mentioned. I've asked a couple of footballers who've said they don't, which surprised me. Would put money on Gary Neville playing it though.

Archived