European seedings

The European competitions follow the 2011/12 regulations, I'd imagine that the changes made for 2012/13 allowing the cup winners of the top 6 ranked nations direct entry to the group stage will be included for FM13.

What I am struggling to find out is what happens when there is no cup winner, that being the place goes to the runner-up if the cup winner has qualified for the Champions League or if the place goes back to the league if the winner has qualified for the Europa League by virtue of their league finish or in the case of England by winning the League Cup.

Someone at SI Towers should try to get pally with Gianni Infantino so they can get the information without the need for an expensive official license, the added bonus is that he comes across as a likeable chap.

It's not in FM12 & there are no plans for any further patching as SI will be well on their way with the final stages of FM13 development which I have no doubt will replicate the new qualification process as this has always been the case on previous editions.

Also do you know if there is any money bonus for participating in the 2nd round of qualification for the Champions League?

You can check the rules page for each round of the competition to find out things like this.

Looking on my game it seems you get £113k for losing in this round, nothing for winning.

Archived