Hi guys (and girls) im hoping to find some help with football manager, i used to be a regular play in the early days of 'champ man' some 15 years ago, iv finally got myself a decent computer so wonna get back into football manager.
my main problem being am an absolute computer novice and the most technically innept person you will ever meet! iv read a little about the steam thing, but i have no clue what it is.
basically i have limited internet useage with a 3gb dongle, i only really want to play the game off line, with the editor option, and how do i set it all up? is this at all possible without constantly being online?
Please save the sniggers for when i aint here.... :P
haha thanks in advance
Have a read in the FAQ thread for general help but here is a specific item: Activation and Offline Mode:
This year’s instalment of Football Manager can only be activated and played through the Steam platform. The game can be purchased as a boxed copy or a digital download, but both versions require Steam and an Internet connection.
Football Manager 2012 will need Internet access for its activation process because Steam is a network-based platform. FM2012 customers that do not want Steam to connect to Internet can launch the Steam client in “Offline Mode” after installation. Internet access after installation of the game will only be needed to apply game patches or Steam updates, play network games or use any of the uploading features included in FM2012.
We have outlined below the steps to set Steam to Offline Mode.
1) Start Steam whilst being connected to the Internet - make sure that the “Remember my password” box on the login window is checked
2) Verify that all game files are completely updated and that there are no current downloads on Steam (“View” -> “Downloads”)
3) Launch the game(s) you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download. Shut down the game(s) and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game(s) can be played
4) Go to “Steam” -> “Settings” to ensure that the “Don't save account credentials on this computer” option is NOT selected
5) Click on the top left “Steam” menu and select “Go Offline”
6) Select “Restart in Offline Mode”. This will restart the Steam client and it will no longer connect to Internet when it is launched
If you would like to reconnect Steam to the Internet in the future to download game updates, activate new products or play multiplayer modes on your games, please select “Go Online” from the top left “Steam” menu.