Club refusing to sell transfer listed player

So I managed to get Lucas Moura mightily annoyed with his club, by flattering him and bidding for him with increasingly large sums until his club asked for £58 million and I told them where they could stick it. At that point he requested a transfer, and was apparently put on the transfer list. It says transfer listed by request, and that his asking price is £10 million. Unfortunately, even bidding £20 million won't get my bid accepted, and if I enquire they will tell me he's not for sale for any price. If I press, I can get a similarly stupidly high deal to the original £58 million one.

Is this a regular, working as intended, thing? Or does it perhaps have something to do with my transfer offers? I made a bid the same day as he asked to be put on the transfer list, but just before it, or something to that effect. Might the game think I our situation hasn't changed?

He's not a happy camper, but if he's already transfer listed, can he be "properly" transfer listed eventually, so I can actually sign him?

I didn't put this in bug reports, as I'm not actually sure it's a bug at all. Probably isn't, actually. Anyone got any input?

Given what you said about it being the same day, I was wondering if you have kept playing and the situation has changed?

Sorry I dont have any help though

I did play further, perhaps a couple of weeks.

are you increasing the initial bid, put in before he was transfer listed, or making a whole brand new bid?

I am not quite sure how events unfolded, but I believe I rejected a ludicrously large rebid offer from them on the same day as he had his whole transfer demand. I rejected, and since then have made several bids, both separate and increased ones.

I had this with a newgen at Juve, my guess is that the player himself requested a transfer, but the club doesn't wanna sell him, so they accepted his request, but are rejecting offers because they don't actually wanna sell him.

I suspected something like this. He's still indispensable. What I'm wondering is if this will mean he can't actually be "properly" transfer listed, since he's already technically transfer listed? He's furious with his club and I believe what happened was that he demanded a transfer in a manager talk, and the manager said he'd sell him as soon as possible (which apparently now makes him "transfer listed by request" automatically). I don't actually have much experience with this situation, despite playing this game since ca 1996. Will they let up?

It's a known bug, the initial asking price set by the game is incorrect & does not reflect the value assigned by the club which in the case of listed by request will be a minimum of 4-5 times the player's listed value, on two occasions I've had club's ask for £100m when I could have signed the player on a Bosman (which I did) in less than a years time.

IMO it all stems from the Tevez saga & how SI tried to replicate Man City's refusal to budge on their valuation of an unwanted player.

No, if they want £58m then they will not accept anything less for a player they do not wish to sell.

Transfer list by request needs some fine tuning.

Archived