are tactic familiarity levels supposed to drop by more than half during the off-season?

i have noticed that tactic familiarity levels drop by more than half during the off season even though they are maxed out at the end of the previous season.

Should this be happening? I am at a point in my game where I only sign 1-2 players each summer to improve the squad and do not modify the tactics. shouldnt the penalty for familiarity be less in that kind of situation to benefit teams with this sort of stability in that they would be able to allocate more training time on attribute building? I would think this to be more realistic than the current situation. Unless im doing something wrong here!

well i only changed one coach that man u poached with their dirty american dollars. what about the match preparation during the pre season? i have settled on a method where i keep it to low on the first two weeks back after holidays and then to very high until most bars get to 90% and then keep it to average until they fill up. This means i start the season with around 90%. anyone keep to to very high throughout the pre season? does this max the bars out before the start of the season? Anyone try it with even more time on low? Results?

I do the first 2 weeks on no match prep at all, all players on conditioning schedule (not goalkeepers though). Then turn match prep to max, focus on teamwork. Put players on their normal schedules after 4 weeks. Keep it there untill all bars are at 100%, then set it to very low for the rest of the season. Focus on no particular, or attacking movement (depends on what my scout tells me). Sometimes it will get there before August turns into September, other times I need another month. Depends on how many new players, if I have made changes to the tactics, how many pre-season friendlies, how many tactic setups I have (one, two or three), and how different they are ... and so on. I have seen much of October gone before all bars are 100%, in the worst case scenarios. I don't put any players on special focus training untill I have match prep at very low.

And yes, it's normal to see match prep fall below 50% before pre-season, sometimes even much more.

Tactical familiarity drops too much in the post-season, tbh the feature has a few bugs in it & needs more development although I'm unsure how much influence it actually has on the match engine.

I always assumed it dropped correctly, because I often have a changeover of 7 or 8 first teamers, as I am often playing a save where I come up through the leagues.

I didnt realise it changed that much for everyone

I didn't buy player in 5 seasons with Pro Vercelli and it still happened every summer.

Tactical familiarity drops too much in the post-season, tbh the feature has a few bugs in it & needs more development although I'm unsure how much influence it actually has on the match engine.

I agree, coming back into pre season you would expect players to be rusty not starting all over again as is most often the case. As with the influence,(as you have mentioned) not sure, but it does get annoying with the back room and or players harping on about not enough, or, should be doing more on match prep. Especially players as I would assume that would have greater implications on match performance.

Actually the most annoying aspect of TF is getting a message from random coach #6 in mid-march to say that he is pleased with how familiar the team is with our tactics, considering we've been playing the with same core approach for almost a decade I'd damn well expect them to be comfortable with it.

Thanks for you input Sherlock. :D

yh its normal mate - they will learn it quicker back tho cos theyve obviously played that way all last season. New players may also reduce familiarity as they learn the tactic.

i don't agree with this at all, i don't know how many seasons i had the same players and staff without bringing any in at all and it still dropped below halfway.

Archived