FM on the Mac??

I'm considering getting a Mac, but just want to double checked FM runs smoothly on them? The one I'm looking at will have 4GB memory, about 2.2GHZ plus intel HD graphics 3000 coupled with AMD Radeon HD 6750M. Will this run the game nice and smoothly?

My current laptop is running it fairly slow these days, the match engine really struggles!

It should run just fine.

I have an iMac (Core i7 2.9 GHz, 4 GB RAM and Radeon HD 5750) and no problems here, everything is running smoothly. Altough, I'm not sure are there any differences between Windows and OS X version when it comes to performance. (?)

It should run just fine.

I have an iMac (Core i7 2.9 GHz, 4 GB RAM and Radeon HD 5750) and no problems here, everything is running smoothly. Altough, I'm not sure are there any differences between Windows and OS X version when it comes to performance. (?)

The version of Steam for OS X isn't optimised nearly as well as Windows. People complain about Steam being a resource hog when it does next to nothing on Windows (though of course it is still using resources), on a Mac those complaints are justified.

If you are only buying in order to play FM and do similar things, consider buying an equivalent spec PC as it will be significantly cheaper.

Archived