Moving jobs

Hi, I'm currently playing a kind of "World Tour" career game where I basically randomised the playable nations and set out to win a trophy in each country.

I have a quick question regarding moving jobs. My manager's nationality is South Korean. I'm currently managing in Belarus with a team called Pinsk, who I've got promoted from the second tier to the first tier. At the end of my first season in the top division, I finished mid table despite being tipped for relegation, while a couple of other clubs underachieved and sacked their managers.

One of these clubs was Minsk, who were defending champions and expected to challenge for the title again, but finished 6th out of 12 teams. I had signed a one year contract extension on £950 a week at the end of the previous season, and I applied for the Minsk job. Thankfully my board weren't too angry with me and didn't issue me an ultimatum like others have in the past. Minsk said they were flattered by my interest but realistically they couldn't afford to pay the compensation fee.

As I was on a one year contract, I didn't think it could be that much, although admittedly I have very little knowledge as to how contract buyouts work. I used Genie Scout to check the reputation values before applying for the job. Mine are roughly: Home 7500, Current 4400, World 2500, while Minsk's reputation was about 4600, just higher than my current. Therefore I was surprised that they were flattered by my application.

Anyway, my main question is: does anybody have a rough guide to tell whether there's a decent chance that a club will be willing to pay the compensation fee? Whether it depends on reputation, or the length of your contract, or the finances of the club with the vacancy? I would just rather be able to apply for jobs in future without having to risk losing my current job, by either resigning to get round the compensation issue, or by being given an ultimatum by the board, and ending up empty-handed. I prefer not to save it and then come back if it doesn't work out, because it feels like cheating, but that's just me. I may end up resorting to that if nobody can show me the light here.

Thank you in advance

The compensation will correlate with how much you earn on your current contract and how much time it has left to run. It's up to the new club to decide whether or not they can afford to buy you out and then offer you a new contract themselves

Thanks for the reply. I gathered this, roughly, it would just be handy if I could find out how to get some indication whether its worth applying for new jobs at the risk of damaging your position at your current club. But if not, I will just have to roll with it and see how it goes.

Archived