how can i drum up some interest in my tactic?

its had 2,000 some thing veiws 215 downloads but only 12 comments mostly from me :(

is the thread title/tactic name letting it down so bad? should i start a new thread with a title like Slayer of Gallifrey or somthing and link the old one their? :lol:

This being here offends me.

Why do you need comments on your tactic? you are the forum equivalent of 'Like my status!'

Grow up

maybe so i can see if it as good as i feel it is? maybe because a thank you wouldn't go amiss if it helped somebody?

maybe because im using a forum, you know an act of communication?

I'm going to make a wild stab in the dark and say: the people who are downloading it have gone online to look for a tactic, are downloading a few tactics, giving them a game and two, and using whatever seems to work. They aren't interested in discussing the tactic, they just want to download something to plug and play.

And those who are actually interested in discussing tactics don't tend to download tactics because they devise their own.

There are lots of tactics available in the Tactics forum. The game has been out for about 7 months so most players will have had the game for a while, already settled on a tactic and not really be interested in changing. Only a tactic that is fully explained and researched, with examples of success at every level will attract attention, but I expect that few users are really looking by now.

that makes sense, thank you.

As somebody who has spent years downloading other peoples tactics i just wanted to contribute/give some thing back.

its got to the championship from blue square south winning every division with over 100 points and over 100 goals every season

sjm has a point I would say and its certainly the reason I rarely look at the tactics forum.

Out of interest though I took a look at your thread and a few things spring to mind.

Your OP in your tactic thread doesn't really encourage people to take an interest or discuss the tactic. You've put up a picture of the league table and linked the tactic but only given very basic information about it.

There are no pictures of your tactic (from the tactics page), no information about what you are trying to achieve with the tactic, no information about team instructions or types of player to use in a position and no information about the defence.

Putting in more detail/information about the tactic would encourage interest and lead to more discussion I suspect.

I no longer spend time in the tactics forums. In FM11 I downloaded one for my Rangers save and went on to win the Champions League in my first season. I have no sense of achievement to this day.

I will occasionally offer advice as I've developed some pretty good tactics on FM2012, but don't have the time to fully test any of them on several levels across the game over a period of time.

As others have mentioned, putting in more details tends to attract discussion. What were you thinking when you developed the tactic? Were you trying to mimic a classic team from the past, or create your own style? Perhaps you tried to build it around certain types of players? All you did was describe the basics and post a couple of league standings, not much to discuss really.

Archived