+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jack's Journeyman Career

Youth Team

Default Jack's Journeyman Career

Having tried and failed at several challenges and with my Wales save now too slow to play i thought i'd try my hand at a journeyman career, something i've never tried before. I usually like to stay at one team for decades and build a team from nothing so this should be an interesting one.

I've loaded leagues from England, Germany, Sweeden, Portugal and Holland which gives me plenty of options.

Manager Profile

I don't really have any aims as such as i'd just like to see where the save takes me, the only thing i will say is that i will focus alot on youth and bringing youth through at the clubs i'm at.

Ill post an update as soon as i find a job!
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 27-05-2012 at 19:34.

Youth Team

So applied for every job going and this is what came up. All Swedish teams, the only one i recognised was Hammarby but having looked at their team and league postition, i decided against it as they were bottom with 0 points after 12 games.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After looking at all the team i decided to go to IK Frej who are currently sitting 2nd in Swedish 1st division North. They have a pretty good large squad which should be useful, will be opting for a 4-1-2-1-2 to begin with and seeing how that pans out.

Facilities aren't great but i'm not too bothered about that as i doubt i'll be around long enough to make a difference!

Just to add, ill be doing monthly updates starting with July.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 25-05-2012 at 16:38.

Youth Team

July 2011

BK Forward (A): 1-0. A tough start to my spell as manager away against the top team. In the end it was a close game, we looked to hit them on the counter attack and had plenty of chances but it was a 55th minute header from a corner which decided the match. Not a winning start but positives to be had.

Vasalunds IF (A): 0-1. My first career victory. Again, it was a close match that was decided on a 57th minute header from a corner. We had a good 2nd half and had the chance to score more but it’s the 3 points that matter.

Umea FC (H): 0-2. We dominated the first half hour but Umea hit us with 2 goals just before half time, to make matters worse we went down to 10 men seconds before the half time whistle. We managed to contain the score and create few chances in the 2nd half but it ended in a disappointing defeat.

Karlstad BK (A): 2-0. Poor performances all round in a match we should have won.

League

Dropped from 2nd to 5th this month but its pretty tight between the top 6 teams so that’s to be expected. Disappointed with 3 defeats but hopefully I can sort out my tactics in the future. The boards target at the moment is to avoid relegation as we are the newly promoted side.

Reserves

Shame about the start, but relegation will hardly be a problem.

Youth Team

August 2011

Akropolis IF (H): 4-3. We got off to a great start with 2 goals in the first 6 minutes, however, Akropolis managed to come back in the game with 2 goals before half time. They made it 3-2 just a minute after half time. The game looked out of our reach until sub Erstadius came off the bench to bring it to 3-3 on the 82n minute. Ledezma made it 4-3 in the 92nd minute with seconds left for a sweet victory in a crazy match.

Syrianska IF Kerburan (H): 2-2. A close game with all the goals coming in the first half. They took the lead after 24 minutes but we hit them on the counter and equalised on the 31st. Syrianska then took the lead for a 2nd time on the 34th minute before we score the 4th and final goal of the game on the brink of half time.

IK Sirius (A): 5-0. The scoreline doesn’t really represent that game. We went 2-0 down after 30 minutes but after half time we came out playing well. As the match went on we pushed further forward and Sirius got 3 goals in the last 10 minutes. Bit of a morale destroyer.

Vasby United (H): 1-0. With morale still damaged from the previous game our first half performance was poor with Vasby having the better of the play. This continued into the 2nd half until we fortunately took the lead from a corner with 15 minutes left, we managed to dig in and get an important 3 points.

League

Happy with 7 points this month, obviously disappointed with the big defeat but its good to see us picking up a lot of points at home. Just the away form to sort out.

Reserves

Pity promotion seems out of reach now.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Pity promotion seems out of reach now.
    I never really had an expectation of promotion, given the stature of the team i'd be happpy with a top 5 finish, if i'm very lucky then i may be able to push for 2nd.

Youth Team

September 2011

Hammarby TFF (A): 0-3. A straightforward win against a team already relegated. Good for morale and a bit of a boost to my tiny goal difference.

Dalkurd FF (H): 1-1. A fair result in the end. We took the lead in the first half having been the better team. However, Dalkurd pushed on in the 2nd half and created several chances, putting one away to earn a point.

IK Lulea (A): 0-2. A great performance, we controlled the first half, taking the lead through Ledezma on the 26th minute. Jovanovic made it 2-0 just after half time to give us a comfortable lead that was easily defended for the remainder of the game.

Valsta Syrianska IK (H): 2-1. Ledezma gave us a first half lead but a keeper fumble at the beginning of the 2nd half gifted the opposition a goal. However, we were in full control of the match and were able to pick up the 3 points from headed set piece.

League

A great month for us, picking up 10 points and securing a top 4 finish. With 2 games left we sit 4 points behind 2nd place which now looks unlikely so 3rd is the target, that said, we still have to play the champions in our final matches.

Youth Team

August 2011

BK Forward (H): 0-1. A close game with BK having more chances, they stole the points on the 85th minute which was unlucky. This means we are certain to finish 4th.

Bodens BK (A): 2-0. A poor performance, Thor was sent off after 15 minutes but it remained 0-0 until the 47th minute, we tried to play on the counter but created little, Bodens doubled their lead with 5 minutes left.

League

A disappointing way to end the season but all in all happy with 4th place. I find it hard to see how I could have made the top 2 as the team does not currently have the quality to compete at the top. My contract is up in November and there is a lack of jobs going around at the moment, I’ve already rejected one attempt to renew my stay but I have a feeling I may extend my stay for a year as I feel with the right signings I could push for promotion, that said I am still looking elsewhere for jobs.

Season Update to follow...

Youth Team

IK Frej

League

Predicted: 13th
    Finished: 4th

Took over after 10 games having been in 2nd place, had a bit of a dodgy start picking up 3 points in my first 4 games but finished strongly to take 4th place.

League

Cups

Out of the Swedish cup before I arrived.

Transfers

Not much to talk about in terms of transfers, hope to get rid of some of the deadwood in the off season.

I’m currently looking for new wingbacks, central midfielder and another striker, all of whom I’m hoping to pick up on a free.

Transfers

Finances

Improved Junior coaching to adequate and we are still managing to make a small 5-10k profit per month.

Finances

When the youth candidates come through in December I’ll post a short update of any players of good potential/ability.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 25-05-2012 at 20:46.

Youth Team

March 2012

With preseason out of the way, our first game was in the first round of the Swedish Cup.

Swedish Cup

IK Sirius (A): 2-1. Wasn’t all that bothered about this game but we managed to run them close. Sirius were the better team for most of the match and had a 2-0 until the 82nd minute when we pulled one back but it was not meant to be.

Youth Team

April 2012

IFK Lulea (A): 2-3. Conceded early on but pulled it back to 2-1 at half time. Added a 3rd early in the 2nd half but conceded with 15 minutes to go to give a nervy finish. Good start to the season.

Vasteras SK (H): 1-0. An early goal was enough for a win in a match we completely dominated, could have been a lot more.

Vasby United (H): 4-1. A hat-trick from Tedengren was the highlight in a superb match and a great win.

League

The perfect start to the season sees us in 3rd place as 1 of 3 teams that won all their matches this month. Hopefully we can keep this up and compete for the title, although now is the time that other jobs in Europe are becoming available so should the right job appear, I may leave.

Reserves

Thats a potential promotion-winning start to the season.

Semi Pro

Yep, great start to your second season.

Youth Team

May 2012

IF Sylvia (A): 0-1. Dominated the match having over 20 shots but only managing the one goal. Got the important 3 points but need to be more clinical in front of goal.

Ostersunds FK (H): 5-0. Game was over after 17 minutes and we were 4-0 up. Completely overran them and it was a joy to watch.

Vasalunds IF (A): 0-0. Couldn’t hit the target in this match, had over 12 shots too. Went down to 10 men for the last 20 minutes so a point isn’t all bad.

Arameisk-Syrianska IF (H): 5-1. A straightforward win with all 3 of my subs getting on the scoresheet.

League

Another great month for us, our home form really helping our goal difference at the moment. Have a big match against Sirius next month which could give us a good bumper if we win.

Youth Team

Much better season than last! Looking good for moving on up. Congrats

Youth Team

June 2012

IK Sirius (H): 3-1. An early goal settled us down, we went 2-0 up before half time but Sirius pulled one back just after. However, the match was put out of sight when we scored a third from a corner.

Syrianska IF Kerburan (A): 4-3. A shock defeat with several defensive errors proving costly, puts the work from the last game out of the window.

Dalkurd FF (A): 2-1. Defensive frailties exposed once again. Despite them being down to 10 men for the 2nd half we still couldn’t win which is extremely disappointing. May have to consider a different tactic for away games as it doesn’t seem as effective.

Enkopings SK (H): 2-0. Back to winning ways at home for a much needed 3 points.

Akropolis FK (A): 2-0. A change in tactic couldn’t change our poor away performances which need to be solved fast if we are to have a chance at the title.

League

Poor month, picking up 6 points and losing all our away games. Needs to be sorted quickly.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Much better season than last! Looking good for moving on up. Congrats
    Just hope i can solve my away form problem!!

Youth Team

July 2012

Karlstad BK (H): 0-0. Dominated the game but wasteful infront of goal.

League

Only played once, dropped down into 2nd.

Youth Team

August 2012

IFK Lulea (H): 2-0. A standard home win that puts us back on top. One bad note however is that a key defender and striker got injured. The defender being out for 6 months.

Vasteras SK (A): 1-1. Not a great performance by any means but at least it’s a point away from home.

Vasby United (A): 0-0. Dominated the match and should have won. Not a good result at all.

Ostersunds FK (A): 2-1. Went 1-0 after a penalty. Went down to 10 men with 10 minutes left and conceded again before grabbing an consolation goal. Utter garbage.

League

Think the any chance of the title has gone now, away performances have just become joke. On top of that I’ve got my best striker out for 3 months and defender for 6 months. I always intended to leave at the end of this season but it seems the game is making it an even easier choice.

Youth Team

Septmeber 2012

IF Sylvia (H): 1-2. We were leading 1-0 through an own goal until the 84th minute when we concede two in 6 minutes.

Vasalunds IF (H): 1-3. This was a must win game if we were to challenge for 1st and we bottled it. We took the lead in the first half but quickly surrendered 2 goals. A red card put us down to 10 men for the 2nd half where we were woeful. This is now 5 games without a win.

League

Now sitting in 5th place and on a massive slump i’ve decided to resign. I’ve never seen a team go backwards so fast and its just become too annoying to continue in charge. I await the first sackings elsewhere in Europe for my next job.

Reserves

Shame it went so wrong.

Youth Team

After a couple of months of unsucessful applications Southport finally decided i was worth the risk and employed me until the end of the season. They are currently lingering in 22nd in the BSP but are in an easily savable position.

Squads not great but it certainly has the potential to be at least midtable. Hopefully i can strengthen it with a few free transfers to give us that extra push.

Finances are 100k in the red but thats not too important right now, we are £1k under budget for wages which gives me some room for manouvre.

My targert is for a mid table this season then a playoff push in my first full season next year should i still be here.

Youth Team

November 2012

Alfreton (A): 1-2. A great start as manager, I set up in a 5-3-2 formation as hard to break down and playing on the counter. We went 1 up after 2 minutes but Alfreton got one back soon after. We stuck again on the 16th minute and held out for an important 3 points.

Ebbsfleet (H): 1-2. Almost snatched a draw but a goal 7 minutes from time stole the points.

League

Happy with my start as manager, got the morale up and the team out of the relegation zone. If we can keep these performances up then mid table should be achievable. Also sorted out some great free transfers who will be arriving in January so the team could have a great 2nd half of the season.

Reserves

Good start at Southport.

Amateur

Encouraging start with Southport

Youth Team

December 2012

Accrington (A): 3-1. This was more damage limitation than anything else, all in all we weren’t bad and morale remains high.

Hereford (H): 0-3. Another tough match, we conceded twice in the last 10 minutes which was annoying.

Fa Trophy
    Barrow (A): 6-0. Played reserves and went attacking but got destroyed more than I expected.

Grimsby (A): 0-2. A good win, took the lead through an own goal, had keeper sent off after 50 minutes but we doubled the lead shortly after.

Forest Green (A): 2-1. Took the lead early on but conceded twice in the 2nd half with their 2nd goal being a penalty.

Mansfield (H): 0-1. Poor game from us, created very little and deserved to lose.

League

Not a good month at all from us, I just hope the players I’ve bought in can make an impact and push us up the table.

Youth Team

January 2013

Lincoln (A): 1-0. An even game just an unfortunate scoreline with Lincoln getting the early goal. Desperately need a striker who knows where the goal is.

Hayes and Yeading (H): 0-1. Again, created nothing and deserved to lose.

Guiseley (A): 0-0. Out played and got a point but in reality this was a match we should have been winning.

AFC Telford (A): 2-2. We had 10 new players in the starting 11 compared to last month and they are still gelling, we came back from 2-0 down to claim an important point.

League

In the relegation zone still and we really need to pick up some form if we are to avoid going down. Hoping that the new player can gel fast.

Reserves

Still plenty of work to do.

Youth Team

February 2013

Stockport (H): 2-2. Dominated the game but had to get 2 goals in the last 10 minutes for the draw.

Barrow (H): 1-0. A good win for us with the early goal settling us down. Players starting to gel now, although I’d expect my strikers to be scoring more.

Gateshead (H): 1-0. A debut goal from 39 year old Kevin Phillips gave us the lead, we went down to 10 men with 20 minutes left but managed to hold on.

Newport County (H): 2-0. A comfortable win and a valuable 3 points, 3rd win and clean sheet in a row shows the great progress we are making.

Dartford (A): 2-0. Rotated the squad and had a disappointing performance against a poor Dartford side.

Kettering (A): 0-2. Two quick goals just after half time were enough for a win in a match where we were the better team.

League

A great month for us, picking up 13 points and going 7 points clear of the relegation zone. Team has really gelled and the defence has been impressive bar the game against Dartford.

Reserves

What a difference a month makes! Shouldn't have any trouble now.

Youth Team

March 2013

Kidderminster (H): 0-0. Went down to 10 men after 8 minutes but held out for a great point against the top team.

Wrexham (A): 1-0. An even match but Wrexham stole it on the 90th minute.

York (H): 1-2. We were winning until the 85th minute when we conceded to quick goals, massive disappointment.

Woking (A): 1-1. A 93rd minute goal from us was enough to gain a point in a somewhat fortuitous draw.

Stalybridge (H): 2-1. An important win in this relegation battle. We went 2-0 up after 10 minutes but a late Stalybridge goal made the end a nervy one.

Alfreton (H): 2-1. Another big win for us, we completely dominated the game, a comeback threatened when they scored late on but we held out.

League

A decent month for us, I think we could have picked up a couple more points but it doesn’t matter as safety looks almost guaranteed as we are now 9 points clear of relegation.

Youth Team

Congrats on safety! Now you have a summer to take care of the squad.

Reserves

Should do a lot better in your first full season.

Youth Team

Congrats on safety! Now you have a summer to take care of the squad.
    Should do a lot better in your first full season.
    Cheers, its gonna be a big summer for transfers with alot of overpaid players leaving on frees. I've already bought in a whole new starting 11 compared to when i arrived, i just need to add some strength in depth for the promotion push.

Youth Team

April 2013

Braintree (A): 1-1. Had a man sent off after 20 minutes but scored shortly after. Braintree scored just before half time and had a penalty saved in the 2nd half as we just about held on for a point.

Ebbsfleet (A): 0-1. An even match with our goal coming from the penalty spot, nevertheless, a great 3 points for us.

Accrington (H): 2-1. Dominated the game and got 2 first half goals. Accrington pulled one back with 10 minutes left but we held on for another great win against a top team.

Hereford (A): 2-0. Poor game from us, hardly had a shot and deserved to lose.

Grimsby (H): 2-0. A solid win to end the season, we controlled the match and could easily have scored more if we’d have taken our chances.

League

A great month for us with some impressive wins. Overall a good end to the season which eventually saw us 15 points clear of relegation.

Youth Team

Southport 2012-2013

League

Predicted: 16th
    Finished: 18th

Took over in November with the team in the relegation zone. Managed to bring in some quality players in January, took a while for them to gel but once they did we went on a great run that saw us 15 points clear of relegation. If we can take similar sort of form into next season then playoffs are a real possibility.

League

Cups

Out of the cups before I arrived.

Transfers

Completely restructured the squad, bringing in pretty much a whole new starting 11. Got rid of some of the deadwood with more leaving at the end of their contract this summer. Hopefully I can lower the wage bill so I can bring in some more quality players. Most of the players I signed are already as a decent League 2 standard.

Transfers

Hard to pick one outstanding transfer but in my opinion these two were the best.

Marlon Jackson
    Sam Walker

Finances

Finances are in bad shape but I’m not too worried about that at the moment, I’ll try to arrange some lucrative friendlies in the summer to help on that front, getting promoted would also help massively.

Finances

I've just signed a new contract which takes me until the end of next season, i don't see myself being here long term but promotion next year may change my mind. Apart from that i'm just monitoring any opportunities that come up.

Youth Team

August 2013

Gateshead (A): 2-0. Really bad performance from us, conceded two early goals and created virtually nothing.

Ebbsfleet (H): 0-0. We were the better team but just couldn’t hit the target, still a decent point.

Forest Green (A): 1-0. Had over 12 shots but not 1 on target. Another poor show from us.

York (H): 0-0. Again we were the better team but still no goals which is becoming a worry.

Mansfield (A): 0-1. Finally got a win! A great defensive performance and a clean sheet aswell as managing to score, hopefully this can kick-start our season.

League

Not quite the start I imagined, keeping the scores low but struggling upfront, not sure why this is and I hope the win at the end of the month boosts the confidence.

Youth Team

September 2013

Chelmsford (H): 0-0. We had the more chances and were the better team but our scoring woes continue.

Kettering (H): 1-0. An even game but a goal on the hour mark proved to be the difference. That’s two goals this season!

Woking (A): 0-0. Again, dominated the game in terms of chances, just cant seem to score.

Fleetwood (A): 1-0. Was always going to be a tough match and we were just edged out by a strong Fleetwood team.

Stockport (H): 2-1. Scored two goals straight after half time, went down to 9 men due to injuries with 10 minutes left which led to Stockport getting a goal back.

Barrow (H): 2-0. A change to 4-3-3 and a comfortable win. The downside being I lost 2 strikers and a RB to injury.

League

A good month for us this time with a few wins that has allowed us to make up some ground on the playoff positions. As long as we can keep the defence tight we are always in with a chance.

Might just add that the main reason we have so many clean sheets is probably due to the fact i have Chris Kirkland in goal!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post

Might just add that the main reason we have so many clean sheets is probably due to the fact i have Chris Kirkland in goal!
    That's never a reason for lots of clean sheets

Youth Team

November 2013

FA Cup 4th Qualifying round
    Droylsden (H): 3-0. Played a team of backups and it was a comfortable victory with Kevin Phillips getting 2 goals.

Grimsby (H): 0-0. Neither team played that well, both had chances but struggled to hit the target.

Bromley (A): 1-2. Took a first half lead through McCallum but Bromley got one back after half time through an own goal. However Jackson hit his first goal in 13 hours to give us the 3 points.

FA Cup 1st Round
    Cambridge (H): 2-1. We were 2nd best in the first half but took the lead through McCallum. Cambridge continued to dominate in the 2nd half but we went 2 up after a long ranger from Izzet. Cambridge got one back late on but we held on for the win, with huge credit to Kirkland for keeping us in it.

Cheltenham (H): 1-2. We took the lead through a first half penalty but they equalised before half time. The 2nd half was fairly even but Cheltenham stole it on the 90th minute.

Accrington (A): 1-1. We were the better team but wasteful in front of goal meaning that this is 2 points dropped.

Newport County (H): 1-1. They took the lead completely out of the blue and we were all over them. We equalised before half time and Kevin Phillips missed a penalty shortly after. In the 2nd half things were the same and we were lucky not to lose, with Kirkland saving a penalty with 10 minutes left.

League

A poor month for us in the league as well fell further behind in the race for playoff’s, we’ve dropped points in games that we shouldn’t have but hopefully we can rectify that in December. Things are going well in the FA Cup however, having made it to the 2nd round and drawn BSN team Eastwood, the likelihood of making it to the 3rd round is high.

Youth Team

That's never a reason for lots of clean sheets
    Maybe not in professional football but in the part time BSP he's doing just fine, i think he's found his level!

Semi Pro
    In game: To the north of the Arctic Circle

Just caught up on this, fella. Good to see a new career from yourself.

Fingers crossed a trophy is in the not-too-distant future!

Youth Team

December 2013

Hayes & Yeading (A): 0-3. An even game but this was a rare occasion in that we actually took our chances to get a great win, goals came from defence, midfield and attack.

FA Cup 2nd Round
    Eastwood (A): 1-1. Had a man sent off after 2 minutes but still dominated the first half, taking the lead after 34 minutes. Eastwood created nothing in the 2nd half but managed to get a goal back after a Kirkland own goal to force a replay.

FA Trophy 1st Round
    Newport County (A): 2-0. Played backups in this one but we still managed to play better and create more, the problem once again is that we didn’t score them and Newport did. Not bothered about this trophy anyway but a poor loss.

FA Cup 2nd Round Replay
    Eastwood (H): 2-1. We got an early goal at the beginning of both halves to give us the advantage, Eastwood went attacking near the end, pulling one back but it wasn’t enough as we progress through to the 3rd round.

Gateshead (H): 0-1. Conceded early as Gateshead controlled. Had a good 2nd half with plenty of chances but couldn’t score.

Forest Green (H): 4-0. A great win against one of the teams lingering just above us in the table, the goals do us the world of good in terms of goal difference too.

Ebbsfleet (A): 2-0. They took the lead against the run of play just before half time, in the 2nd half they were stronger and grabbed another. A poor result for us.

League

Lost more ground of the playoff positions and really need some good form now to make it, need to sign a new RB in January and probably also a striker who can actually score goals as that’s the problem at the moment. Pleased with the FA cup run through and could make it through if we beat Ebbsfleet.

Youth Team

January 2014

FA Cup 3rd Round
    Ebbsfleet (A): 2-2. Took an early lead but switched off and found ourselves losing at half time. We looked to be heading out until we got a 2nd with 10 minutes left from the penalty spot to get a replay at home.

Mansfield (H): 2-2. Didn’t play well at all and were 2nd best for the most part, we just about managed a draw so at least it’s a point.

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
    Ebbsfleet (H): 0-0 ET 4-2 Pens. A nerve wracking game, we were the better team throughout but the game was goalless for 120 minutes. Ebbsfleet missed their 1st and 4th penalties with us missing the 4th meaning that we went through to the 4th Round against Everton at home.

Chelmsford (A): 0-0. Should have won this one, we had the chances and wasted them.

York (A): 1-0. York completely controlled the game, we were lucky it was only 1-0.

Kettering (A): 2-1. Terrible result against the bottom team, our goal was a late consolation. Our form seems to have disappeared as we’re now closer to relegation zone than playoffs.

AFC Telford (H): 1-2. A 90th minute goal gave them the win, another rubbish result against a team in the relegation zone.

League

Our form is the worst in the league having only picked up 2 points this month. Got the Everton game a few days into February but apart from that nothing to look forward to. Can’t wait until end of season when I can leave, my time here is done.

Youth Team

February 2014

FA Cup 4th Round
    Everton (H): 0-3. It took 35 minutes for them to score but they pummelled us and had over 20 shots, we were always going to lose this one, especially in our current form.

Woking (H): 1-1. Poor performance another draw. Not much else to add.

Stockport (A): 2-0. Another poor performance and loss. Still cant score despite having league 2 standard strikers. Seriously considering leaving.

Fleetwood (H): 2-2. Looked set for the win until an own goal 7 minute from time gave them a point, unlucky in the end but not a bad result.

Barrow (A): 1-5. Finally the teams scores a few goals! Jackson scored a superb hat-trick which will hopefully be a big boost to both him and the team. The decision to move to an attacking 4-3-3 proved to be the right one, let’s see if it works longer term.

Hinckley (H): 2-0. Absolutely dominated the match and could have had a lot more than 2 goals.

Kidderminster (A): 2-1. Unlucky to lose. Had 8 shots on target but their keeper played a blinder, in the end it was an own goal which settled the match.

League

A bad start to the month but picked up a couple of wins near the end and performances improved which gives me some reason for optimism. I think the best we can hope for now is a solid 8th 9th place. Good news on the finances, they are now positive after the FA Cup run.

Part-Timer

Not the best league results, but it's starting to come together now. Great run in the cup though!

Youth Team

March 2014

Wrexham (H): 2-1. Scored two early goals as we took control of the match. Wrexham threatened a few times but it was an own goal 7 minutes from the end from which they got their goal.

Braintree (A): 0-1. A solid win with the goal coming from a penalty. We were down to 10 men after 50 minutes but held on well.

Cambridge (H): 4-1. A great win including two goals from Irish midfielder Frank Scott helps continue our end of season form, unfortunately I think its too late to make much of an impact higher up.

Bromley (H): 5-0. Goals Galore in this one as we ran riot, we were 3 up after 30 minutes, with another 2 goals for Jackson.

Grimsby (A): 0-3. 2 early goals from Moult helped us on our way to a comfortable away win.

League

The race for the playoffs is on! A great 100% winning month for the first time ever in charge of Southport, one that has earned me manager of the month. This end of season form has really made me question my early season tactics, if I’d played like we was now we’d be up there, I’m quite tempted to stay on another year to see if I can do it!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Not the best league results, but it's starting to come together now. Great run in the cup though!
    The form we were showing then was so frustrating, but a tactical change has sorted that all out, in great form now!

Youth Team

April 2014

Cheltenham (A): 1-0. We controlled this match from start to finish but a rare Cheltenham break away got a goal which was completely against the run of play, unfortunate, probably signals the end of playoff hopes.

Accrington (H): 1-0. An early goal from a corner proved to be the difference in a solid performance.

Newport County (A): 0-1. A tough match with both sides having good chances, we just about nicked the win with a 73rd minute goal.

Hayes & Yeading (H): 3-0. An easy win despite some very tired legs that were out there.

AFC Telford (A): 2-3. A tough game and good win against a feisty Telford performance with all three strikers scoring.

League

Another good month bar the Cheltenham result, glad we put together some strong end of season form even if it meant we didn’t make the playoff’s. 8th is still a good position and I hope that we can build on that next year having signed a new 1 year contract.

Youth Team

Southport 2013-2014

League

Predicted: 17th
    Finished: 8th

Done much better than our predicted position but that was always to be expected. I had the aim of a playoff spot and we came pretty close thanks to some great end of season form, what let us down was a big blip in the middle of the season as we struggled to score goals. I think that with a few new faces we can definitely improve next year and promotion is a real possibility.

League

I came 3rd in Manager of the year.

Cups

Had a great run in the FA cup, making it to the 4th round where we lost to Everton, done our finances the world of good though as we earned over £300k from it.
    Went out of the FA Trophy to Newport County in the first round after putting out a weakened team.

Transfers

Again, signed quite a few new players, the biggest of those being Chris Kirkland. Tom Naylor on loan from Derby also proved to be a very important signing at the back. Also picked up 3 impressive looking players from the Irish leagues, all of whom have championship potential.

Transfers

Key Transfers

Chris Kirkland
    Tom Naylor
    Frank Scott

Finances

Improved the finances massively this year thanks to our cup run. We managed to get in the black but currently sit just in the red which isn’t a problem at all. We are £1.5k under our wage budget which gives me plenty of options in the summer for transfers. Junior coaching and youth recruitment were both improved this year but no prospects came through.

Finances
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 28-05-2012 at 20:16.

Reserves

Important financial boost.

Youth Team

August 2014

Ebbsfleet (A): 1-1. A tough game to start, we took the lead through Moult but they got a goal back in the 2nd half. We were lucky to get the point with Kirkland keeping us in this one with a blinder of a performance.

Welling (A): 1-1. Similar to the last game except this time we should have won, this is a newly promoted team and should be picking up the points against them.

Cambridge (H): 1-1. Dominated the game and were winning until the 87th minute when they equalised.

Halifax (H): 3-0. Goals from Mills and Scapuzzi (2) secured our first win of the season.

York (A): 0-0. An even match with both keepers making some great saves, draw probably fair result.

League

Not an amazing start to the season with a few too many draws, but its an unbeaten one. It’s still early days so the table has yet to settle down but as long as we can keep the opposition to the odd goal we should have a good chance of being near the top.

Youth Team

September 2014

Hinckley (H): 2-1. Conceded early on but 2 goals from O’Donoghue gave us the 3 points.

Grimsby (A): 0-2. Grimsby were better in the first half but we got 2 goals in the last 20 minutes for the win.

Barrow (H): 4-1. A simple enough win, with goals from Clarke (2) and Cotton (2).

Sutton Utd (H): 2-0. A comfortable win with Kavanagh and Cotton on the scoresheet, could have been a lot more with 10 shots on target.

Blyth (A): 0-2. Goals from Mills and Moult gave us a comfortable away win, we went down to 10 men with 15 minutes left and Blyth missed a penalty in the last minute.

Stockport (H): 4-0. This was battle between 3rd and 1st and 3rd came out on top. Goals from Cotton, O’Donoghue and Nkumu (2) gave us a great win and a great end to the month.

League

A great month for us, winning every match. We look to have settled down now and sit in 2nd place. We are also the only unbeaten team in the league, if we can keep this up League 2 beckons.

Third Team

Tough break with what happened at IK Frej but you've settled in at Southport very well and hopefully 14/15 season will bring you success.

Youth Team

October 2014

Wrexham (A): 0-3. A big away win for us with O’Donoghue getting 2 goals.

Cheltenham (H): 1-0. An O’Donoghue goal 15 minutes from the end gave us the win, Harris was sent off with 5 minutes left.

Mansfield (H): 3-0. Jackson (2) and Scapuzzi were on the scoresheet but O’Donoghue went off injured and is out for 4-5 weeks.

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
    Barrow (H): 2-1. We were losing 1-0 at half time but goals from McCallum and Kavanagh in the 2nd half gave us the win, I played a lot of the backups who weren’t match fit in order to rest some of my first 11.

Accrington (A): 0-0. Had Jackson sent off after half an hour but still had the better match, just unable to score.

League

Another unbeaten month for us and almost another 100% month. We sit top of the table by a point and face Port Vale in the next round of the FA Cup.

Youth Team

November 2014

Newport County (A): 1-1. We were terrible in the first half but improved in the 2nd, getting a goal 5 minutes from the end.

Forest Green (H): 1-1. They took the lead against the run of play but Scapuzzi got us back in it, we dominated for the rest of the match but couldn’t find a winner.

Chelmsford (A): 1-4. It was an even first half which finished 1-1 but we kicked on the 2nd half, scoring 3 good goals to give us a convincing win.

FA Cup 1st Round
    Port Vale (H): 2-1. Port Vale took an early lead but goals either side of half time from Nicholson gave us the lead which we were then able to defend for the win.

Bromley (H): 2-1. Nkumu and Clarke gave us a first half lead with Bromley pulling one back in the latter stages of the match. This was a new unbeaten record for Southport; 23 matches.

Wycombe (A): 0-1. An own goal in the first half was enough for the win, perhaps becoming slightly complacent.

FA Cup 2nd Round
    Doncaster (A): 0-0. A tough game but one where we were the better team. However, we forced a replay at home which we have a chance of winning.

League

Bit of a poor start to the month but in the end we came through strong, still unbeaten in all competitions. We sit 2 points clear at the top with a game in hand.

Youth Team

December 2014

Hayes & Yeading (H): 3-1. A Moult hat-trick in the first 20 minutes put us ahead, he then missed a penalty in the 2nd half before Hayes & Yeading pulled one back from a penalty.

Woking (A): 0-1. Rested players for the upcoming FA Cup match and we still played well, McCallum got the goal 7 minutes from the end.

FA Cup 2nd Round Replay
    Doncaster (H): 0-1 ET. We were so unlucky to go out. First, we went down to 10 men after 20 minutes. We held them out until extra time when we went down to 9 men in the 99th minute and had no strikers. Doncaster scored in the 111th minute and O’Donoghue missed a penalty in the 120th minute as we crashed out.

FA Trophy 1st Round
    Stockport (H): 1-1. Rested as many players as possible from the game 3 days before. Moult gave us the lead in the 2nd half before Stockport equalised in the 89th minute, we also had 2 strikers injured.

FA Trophy 1st Round Replay
    Stockport (A): 1-3. Played a stronger team this time, with Jackson, Clarke and Moult all on the scoresheet.

Ebbsfleet (H): 4-1. 4 goals from Moult secured us the 3 points in a dominating performance by the team.

Bristol Rovers (H): 1-0. Moult gave us a first half lead against the run off play, and for the majority of the match we were defending in our own half. A well earned point.

League

Still unbeaten as we go into January, 8 points clear at the top. We were unlucky in the FA cup but it did help to boost our finances. Don’t think I’m going to go out to win the FA trophy but you never know what might happen.

Youth Team

January 2015

Welling (H): 2-0. 2nd half goals from Kavanagh and Cotton were enough for an easy win.

Cambridge (A): 0-5. An impressive away win with goals from Jackson, Clarke, Orlandi and Moult (2).

Halifax (A): 2-4. Halifax took the lead twice in the first half after Scapuzzi equalised. Goals from Jackson, Moult and Scapuzzi again in the 2nd half were enough for the 3 points.

FA Trophy 2nd Round
    York (A): 0-2. Played a lot of backups, with McCallum and Jackson on the scoresheet.

York (H): 1-0. Not a brilliant performance but a Kavanagh goal near the end was enough.

Hinckley (A): 0-1. An own goal was enough for a win in a pretty poor performance.

League

Still unbeaten in the league and we’ve really pulled away from 2nd place now, 16 points ahead. We’re also making good progress in the FA trophy despite putting a bit of a 2nd team out, we take on Boston in the next round, if we get to the latter stages I may take it more seriously.

Youth Team

That's a great unbeaten run! Promotion looks like an inevitability.

Youth Team

February 2015

Grimsby (H): 2-0. Scott and Jackson got on the score sheet in a match we completely dominated.

FA Trophy 3rd Round
    Boston Utd (A): 2-4. Again, fielded a weaker team in this game, Kavanagh bagged a hat trick and Scott came off the bench to grab a goal in a fairly comfortable win.

Barrow (A): 2-2. Almost our first defeat. Moult put us ahead but 2 second half goals put Barrow in the lead, it wasn’t until Moult got his 2nd goal in the 92nd minute that we drew level to gain a point from what was a very complacent performance.

Sutton Utd (A): 3-2. It had been coming after our recent performances, defensively we were just terrible. Moult and Scapuzzi scored for us but we were 3-1 down at half time. Worst performance of the season, the players were either nervous or complacent.

Stockport (A): 0-0. An even match, we weren’t at our best today, confidence seems to have taken some damage.

Blyth (H): 1-0. Moult got the early goal and from then on we managed to control the match for the 3 points.

FA Trophy 4th Round
    Colwyn Bay (H): 3-0. Played the backups again in an easy win, Clarke, Nicholson and Kavanagh all got on the scoresheet.

League

Experience our first loss this month, overall it was a bad month as we dropped quite a few points. However, one positive note is that we are progressing well in the FA Trophy.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 30-05-2012 at 18:00.

Reserves

Really pulling away now.

Youth Team

March 2015

Wrexham (H): 0-0. A fairly even game which we probably should have won.

Mansfield (A): 0-2. 2 2nd half goals from Moult were enough for a simple win.

FA Trophy Semi Final 1st Leg
    Cambridge (A): 3-1. We took the lead but Cambridge got one back straight away. They scored again not long after half time before adding a 3rd on the break in the 94th minute. Not a good result considering I played a full strength team.

Cheltenham (A): 0-2. Jackson put us ahead early on whilst Nkumu scored our 2nd just after half time.

FA Trophy Semi Final 2nd Leg
    Cambridge (H): 3-0. We were all over them in that match, Kavanagh put us ahead after 8 minutes with Moult scoring the 2nd just before half time. Both teams went in search of a winner with Cambridge offering 1 shot before Moult scored his 2nd to send us to the final.

Chelmsford (A): 2-1. Chelmsford took the lead in the 1st half from their only shot of the match. Goals from Clarke and Orlandi in the last 15 minutes completed a deserved comeback as we claimed the 3 points.

League

Had a poor first half of the month but confidence came back after the Mansfield win. We had a great comeback to make the final of the FA Trophy. In the league, we are now guaranteed playoffs and barring a disaster, we look set to claim the league title.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 30-05-2012 at 18:00.

Youth Team

April 2015

Forest Green (A): 1-2. An own goal gave us the lead before Kavanagh scored a 2nd just before half time. Forest Green pulled one back in the 91st minute.

Bromley (A): 4-5. Strange game this, we went 3-0 up after a hat trick from new signing Morris but Bromley got one back on the 34th minute. We scored a 4th just before half time but Bromley scored 2 quick goals in the 2nd half to make it 4-3. Morris then added his 4th goal before Bromley pulled another goal back. This win means that we are champions with 6 games to go.

Newport County (H): 6-2. Jackson, Kavanagh and Morris all scored in the first half. Jackson and Scott scored 2 more early in the 2nd half before Newport got 2 in the last 15 minutes. Henderson finished off the match with a goal in injury time from a corner.

Wycombe (H): 2-1. We went 1-0 down in the first half but goals from Haines and Clarke gave us the points.

Accrington (H): 3-0. Jackson and Morris scored early in the first half whilst Kavanagh got a goal in the 2nd half for a comfortable win. With this we break the record for number of points in a BSP season.

Hayes & Yeading (A): 1-0. Losing against the bottom team is shocking, we were very wasteful infront of goal and they scored with 10 minutes left.

Woking (H): 5-1. Moult scored a first half brace but Haines was sent off on the 51st minute, however Morris, Cotton and Kavanagh all got goals in the 2nd half in an easy win.

Bristol Rovers (A): 0-2. We had the more chances but were wasteful. Disappointing way to end the league season.

League

Had a good start to the month but the team became complacent in the last week or two leading to some sloppy defeats. Happy to have broken the points tally record nonetheless

May 2014

FA Trophy Final
    Bromley (N): 5-2 ET. After an edgy first half, O’Donoghue put us ahead with a screamer just after half time. Bromley got a goal back of their own not long after before adding a 2nd from a penalty in the 78th minute. We went all out and equalised through an own goal 5 minutes later. The game then went to extra time where Kavanagh and O’Donoghue scored in the first 15 minutes before Morris rounded it off with a 5th.

A great win for us and a nice to end my Southport career with a non-league double.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 30-05-2012 at 18:01.

Youth Team

Southport 2014-2015

League

Predicted: 8th
    Finished: 1st

Won the league at a canter and finished with a record amount of points. We went unbeaten for over 35 games which helped massively. Had a bad last few games to the season but all in all a great year for the club, surpassing all expectation. The club should have no trouble staying up next year with the players available.

League Table

Cups

Made it to the 2nd round of the FA cup where we lost 1-0 in a replay to Doncaster.

Made it all the way to the final where we beat Bromley 5-2 in extra time to claim the cup.

Transfers

Again, all players were signed on free transfers. Turned out that some of them weren’t really needed but others were key cogs in the team this year. I’ve also sorted a few transfers this summer for some players who should be really useful to the club next year, for whoever the manager is.

Transfers

Key Transfers

Jody Fox
    Andrea Orlandi
    Lewis Cotton
    O’Donoghue (Signed at the end of last season)

Finances

Finances remained borderline in the red for most of the season with the cup runs providing small boosts. Our promotion brings the club up to Professional status, whilst this means more expensive contracts etc, this should be offset in large part by the TV revenue and crowd increases that occur.

Finances

Whilst I could easily stay another season or two to establish Southport in league football, I feel that its time to move on, as long as the manager isn’t really stupid they have the quality to be able to stay up so I’m not worried about that. Obviously I’ll have to see what comes up but I would quite like to try the Dutch league soon. My rep in England is now National so it should be a bit easier ot find a decent job.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 30-05-2012 at 18:09.

Youth Team

Congrats on promotion! Any job offers yet?

Youth Team

Congrats on promotion! Any job offers yet?
    Cheers! I've applied to a few in the German and Portugese 2nd divisions but no offers as of yet. I was considered for the Huddersfield job who just got relegated from the championship but they went for someone else.

Youth Team

My wishes have been granted! I applied for every job going and Dutch 2nd Division (Jupiter League) team Excelsior offered me a 2 year deal. I gladly accepted their £1,200 a week contract and i'm looking forward to the challenge.

The dutch season has just finished with Excelsior not performing well at all.

Going on what the current assistant says, the squad they have is pretty decent.

And finally, the finances look in great shape, with over £1million in the bank.

Can't wait to get started with team, its a big step up from semi-pro Southport but i'm hoping for a competitive season near the top. I will be bringing in my old ass man from Southport, Lee Hook and coach Kevin Phillips, both of whom left the club when i did.

Reserves

Unusually good finances for Holland where I've often found even Eredivisie sides in serious trouble.

Youth Team

Unusually good finances for Holland where I've often found even Eredivisie sides in serious trouble.
    I was surprised aswell, what shocked me more is that we are making around £100k per month! Not sure if our wages are very low compared to other teams or not but the TV revenue certainly helps.

Part-Timer

Well done on leaving Southport in a better position than when you took over.

Time to turn around an under performing side in Holland.

Good luck.

Youth Team

August 2015

Telstar (H): 1-1. We took the lead after 5 minutes but Telstar equalised shortly after through an own goal. The rest of the match was fairly even but remained 1-1.

Go Ahead (A): 0-1. Took the lead early on and held on thanks to a superb goalkeeping performance, we were also down to 10 men for the last 15 minutes.

WKE (H): 4-1. We scored twice from set pieces in the first 30 mins, WKE equalised just before half time. We had a lot of chances in the 2nd half with Benyamina scoring 2.

NAC Breda (A): 1-1. NAC took an early lead but Benyamina equalised for us not long after. The 2nd half was all even and we had a great chance to win it near the end.

De Graafshchap (H): 2-0. We controlled the match from start to finish and goals from Tokic and Benyamina were enough for the 3 points.

League

Really happy with my unbeaten start. The board expectation is ‘consolidation’ and we are predicted 13th so I wasn’t expecting these types of performances. Time will tell whether we can keep them up or not!

Just a quick note on my previous teams; IK Frej got relegated from the Swedish First division north in the season just gone, meaning they are now unplayable, the 4th place I achieved with them was the highest they’ve ever finished so I’ve gone down in history there.
    Stockport have had a pretty decent start to life in League 2 and sit 13th after 4 games. They also beat Hull in the league cup 1st round.

Youth Team

September 2015

FC Den Bosch (A): 3-0. We were very poor, defending badly and offering nothing in attack.

AGOVV (A): 0-1. A tough match with a first half Tokic goal the difference.

FC Oss (A): 2-1. We had a poor first half, conceding twice. We improved in the 2nd with Benyamina scoring on the 80th minute.

Dutch Cup 2nd Round
    FC Utrecht (A): 2-0. Played the backups in this match as I want to focus on the league, that said they didn’t perform too badly against a much stronger side.

Willem II (H): 1-1. Willem were the better team for the most part, taking the lead in the first half. But N’koyi came off the bench to bag a goal and a valuable point.

League

Not a great month for us results wise but we are still in the top 6 which is good going. Not bothered about our exit from the cup as the league is my priority this year. Also got linked to jobs of Yeovil and Swindon, both struggling teams in League 1, but I denied my interest as I don’t want to go back to England in the near future unless its premier league.

Youth Team

October 2015

FC Emmen (H): 2-1 After a poor first half from both team, Murray and Hrman gave us a 2-0 lead before Emmen pulled one back with 5 minutes left.

Almere City (H): 2-1. Two first half goals from Hrman gave us the lead, we went down to 9 men for the last 10 minutes after 2 injuries to strikers and Almere got one back in the 91st minute.

FC Zwolle (A): 3-1. Disaster of a match, gave away 2 goals through penalties and had 4 players go off injured.

MVV (A): 1-0. An even match until we had a man sent off on the 78th minute, they scored a minute later.

Sparta (H): 2-0. We dominated this match and Tokic goals either side of half time were enough for the win.

League

We sit in 3rd place having played a game more than most other teams but the league is crazily close between the top 10 teams or so. Our home form so far has been excellent and if we can sort out our poor away form then we have a chance of making the playoff’s.

Youth Team

November 2015

RKC (A): 0-1. Changed to a 5-3-2 formation for this match and it worked brilliantly, they struggled to break us down and Tokic managed to grab a winner with 12 minutes left.

Fortuna Sittard (H): 2-0. Tokic and Kongolo scored in the first half and we were able to hold out in the 2nd half, despite Fortuna dominating possession the whole time.

Telstar (A): 2-1. Telstar were better in the first half and took the lead. A change of formation at half time meant that we created a lot more in the 2nd half, with Tokic equalising, but Telstar stole a winner on the 87th minute.

FC Eindhoven (A): 0-4. A comfortable away win with Tokic, De Laak and Murray on the scoresheet.

Go Ahead (H): 0-0. Dominated the match but just couldn’t find the back of the net.

League

A good month for us, we sit a bit more comfortably in 3rd place now. The 2 teams above me have qualified for the playoffs by winning one of the 4 periods each, which I believe are 9 game sections. Hopefully I don’t finish 3rd or something and not make the playoffs because I didn’t win a period.

Youth Team

December 2015

WKE (A): 2-4. 2 first half goals from Harries put us ahead. WKE equalised just after half time before we had a man sent off. Hrman and Murray made it 4-1 to us and not long after WKE pulled a 2nd goal back.

NAC Breda (H): 2-1. We took the lead early on through an own goal but NAC equalised straight away. 5 minutes later we went ahead again with a penalty. Both teams created chances after that, with Tokic having a goal ruled out in the 2nd half.

De Graafshchap (A): 1-2. We took the lead early on with an own goal and just about held them out until they scored in the 78th minute, however, Harries scored 2 minutes later for the 3 points.

League

A short but great month for us, taking all 9 available points, now 2nd in the league and if we can keep this form going in the next few games we will make the playoffs.

Reserves

Pity top spot is so far away.

Youth Team

January 2016

AGOVV (H): 4-0. Goals from Hrman, N’Koyi and Kongolo gave us the win in a match we dominated.

FC Den Bosch (H): 1-0. A fairly quiet game with Kongolo’s early goal the difference.

Willem II (A): 2-3. We ran riot in the first 30 minutes, going 3-0 up. Willem got a goal back just before half time and laid siege to our goal in the 2nd half but we just about held out for the win.

League

A great month for us, we’re in a clear 2nd now but im not sure if we’ll be able to catch Willem II. Despite not winning any of the periods we’re pretty much guaranteed playoff football due to our position.

Youth Team

Pity top spot is so far away.
    Yeah, hopefully now i've beaten them they'll drop a few more points and i can catch them!

Youth Team

February 2016

FC Oss (H): 3-0. Goals from Tokic, Hrman and Dogan gave us a straightforward win. Hrman went off injured with 10 minutes to go.

FC Emmen (A): 0-2. Two goals in the first 20 minutes from Tokic put us in the lead, we were in control of the rest of the match but became complacent late on.

League

Only 2 games but we picked up maximum points, made great progress in the league and now only 2 points off top spot. We’ve also been guaranteed a playoff position.

Youth Team

March 2016

FC Zwolle (H): 3-4. Poor performance defensively. We took the lead early on but Zwolle took the lead just after half time. We equalised about 10 minutes later but again Zwolle took the lead. We got our 3rd on the 70th minute before they scored the winner with 10 minutes left.

Almere City (A): 0-2. Kongolo and Tokic scored first half goals in a match where we were all over them.

MVV (H): 3-0. Goals from Tokic, Harries and an own goal gave us the 3 goals needed for the win in a standard home game.

Sparta (A): 3-0. Conceded after 30 seconds and played terribly the whole 90 minutes.

League

Disappointed to have lost twice this month, both times we lost we were 2 points behind first then threw it away. Looks like its playoffs this year.

Reserves

Well done on closing in, pity it's not likely to be enough.

Youth Team

April 2016

RKC (H): 3-3. Tokic and Hrman put us 2 up in the first half but RKC quickly bought it back to 2-2 in the 2nd. Tokic made it 3-2 from the penalty spot but RKC scored a 3rd not long after. Tokic then had a 4th goal ruled out 10 minutes from time. This means that Willem II win the league.
    Fortuna Sittard (A): 0-3. N’Koyi came off the bench to bag a hat trick in the last 20 minutes, but with 2nd place secured, there was little to play for.

FC Eindhoven (H): 2-0. Played some of the backup players and in the end it was a comfortable victory.

League

Ended up 1 point off the top spot which, whilst is a great over achievement for the club, leaves me rueing those two matches I lost last month. Just getting a point in one of those games would have made me champion. But it was not to be and I now look forward to the playoffs.

Also just checked and the annoying thing is that this points tally would have been enough to win the league by 4 or 5 points any other year!

Youth Team

May 2016

2nd Round Playoff 1st Leg
    FC Oss (A): 1-3. Oss took an early lead but we equalised just before half time after an own goal. In the second half, Harries put us ahead before Livramento scored a 3rd from a free kick.

2nd Round Playoff 2nd Leg
    FC Oss (H): 2-1. Tokic gave us an early lead in the first half and an own goal just after half time killed off the tie.

3rd Round Playoff 1st Leg
    SC Veendam (H): 3-0. Tokic put us ahead in the first half whilst both he and Hrman scored in the 2nd to give us a great advantage going into the next leg.

3rd Round Playoff 2nd Leg
    SC Veendam (A): 2-1. We took the lead in the first half but Veendam equalised just before half time. In the 2nd half we went down to 10 men through injury near the end which led to Veendam getting a 2nd goal. As a result we have won promotion to the Eredivisie!

Youth Team

Excelsior 2015-2016

League

Predicted: 14th
    Finished: 2nd

Exceeded all expectation this year by finishing 2nd and missing out on the title by a point. However we were able to beat FC Oss and Eredivisie team FC Veendam to gain promotion through the playoffs.

I won manager of the year and at the end of the season I was linked with some pretty big jobs such as Maritimo, as a result I resigned to increase my chances of getting the job. Whilst I had a successful year here in Holland I don’t feel any loyalty encouraging me to stay such as at Southport. As well as that, I don’t think Excelsior stand much of a chance of staying up or progressing due to the quality of the players and stature of the team.

League

Cups

Lost in the 2nd round of the Dutch cup to last years winners, FC Utrecht..

Transfers
    Made much needed wholesale changes to the squad, getting rid of as many players as I could without compromising squad depth. In terms of buying, I focused more on free transfers to allow for a bigger wage budget.

Transfers

Key Transfers

Andrej Tokic
    Sean Murray
    Denis Hrman

Finances

Finances are still doing well, we are over £400k in the black having just paid out over 800k in bonuses for the league. We were losing around 50k a month and I don’t expect it to change too much next year as we only have a 3000 seater stadium!

One problem we could have is that high wage increases for promotion, wasn’t really expecting it this year so its taken me by surprise.

Finances

Quick update on Southport, they finished 4th in League 2 and lost 1-0 in the playoff final to Scunthorpe so a great season for them.

In the job hunt now, got offered the AZ job who just finished 9th in the Eredivisie, asked for a week to think about it but now they’ve given it to someone else, kind of regretting not taking it now.

Youth Team

After being unemployed for a month, my plan kinda back fired and i was left with pretty much no options, i wanted to be managing in the top division of a country but there weren't any jobs going so i took over P.Ferreira who just got relegated from the Portugese top division. Hopefully i can make it 3 in a row with promotions but i only intend on being here for a year.

The squad should be good enough to go back up, obviously ill be bringing in a few players of my own.

Once again i've landed on my feet in terms of finances with the team £900k in the black.

Youth Team

Too bad on the job front. I hate it when I pass on a job only to wish I'd taken it How is the Portugese league setup? I've heard from others that it difficult to get promoted?

Youth Team

Too bad on the job front. I hate it when I pass on a job only to wish I'd taken it How is the Portugese league setup? I've heard from others that it difficult to get promoted?
    It's difficult in the regional leagues but in the division im in the top 2 teams go up so im fairly confident of doing it although i'm low on strike power at the moment.

Youth Team

July 2016

Portuguese League Cup, First Phase Group C
    Farense (H): 4-0. A straightforward win as was expected before the match.

August 2016
    Santa Clara (A): 3-0. We were pretty poor but went down to 10 men early on. Not too bothered by the result as I don’t care about this competition.

Penafiel (H): 1-2. Penafield took the lead on the 45th minute, in the 2nd half the match was pretty even, we equalised on the 70th minute but they got a winner shortly after. This means we don’t qualify from the group.

Sp. Covilha (A): 1-0. Played well in the first half but a poor 2nd, conceding on the 70th minute.

Going to resign as I don’t really want to be at this club, decided id rather be unemployed than employed just for the sake of it. I’m going to wait until a better club comes up.

Youth Team

So after a couple of months without a job Crystal Palace, currently 15th in the championship approached me. I've signed a 2 year deal with them and hope to guide them to promotion in those years. Finances aren't too bad, at least we are in the black. One disapointment for me was that my old assistant from my previous 3 teams had become the manager of Woking so i've gone for Kevin Phillips as ass man.

Youth Team

Nice on the new job. Too bad about your old assistant manager, but I guess taking the opportunity to manage himself is a step up. Maybe you can get them as a feeder club

Youth Team

October 2016

Coventry (H): 2-1. Two goals from Fontaine put us ahead, Coventry scored on the 79th minute and pushed for an another, we had a man sent off in the last minute.

November 2016

Brighton (H): 2-4. Brighton took an early lead but 2 goals from Ball put us 2-1 up at half time, however, our 2nd half display was very poor, particularly in defence as we lost the game.

Swansea (A): 1-2. We took a 2-0 lead after 2 Byrne goals, Swansea equalised later in the first half and we defended for our lives for the rest of the match for a great 3 points.

Watford (H): 1-0. After an even and uneventful first half, Jon Williams scored a 30 yarder just after half time to put us ahead. The rest of the match remained pretty quiet, with both sides having a couple of chances.

Ipswich (A): 1-3. Ipswich took an early lead but Byrne and Pedroza both got goals to put us in the lead in the first half. Fontaine then added a 3rd in the 2nd half from the penalty spot.

Wigan (H): 0-0. We went down to 10 men after 30 minutes but managed to hold out for a point against the team at the top, so all in all, a good result.

League

Great start to my time at Palace, we’ve got some big results in my first few games which has put us in 9th place, well clear of relegation and with a chance of making the playoffs if we can keep this form up. I do need a couple more strikers though as we are thin in that department.

Youth Team

December 2016

Sheffield Wednesday (A): 0-0. An even match with both sides having a lot of good chances, but it was the keepers who had the best games, making several great saves each to keep this a stalemate.

Preston (H): 1-0. A close fought game but a Byrne goal in the 2nd half was enough for the 3 points.

Reading (A): 1-0. A close match but our keeper spilled the ball on the 88th minute, gifting them a goal.

Leyton Orient (H): 1-0. Dominated the game and eventually got the winner with about 10 minutes left.

Hull (H): 0-0.Dominated the game in terms of chances but struggled to score.

League

Again, another decent month for us even if we should have won some of the games we drew. Our defence seems pretty solid, we just need a prolific striker.

Third Team

Steady start with Palace. Hope your former Assistant Manager does well at Woking.

How's your former clubs doing?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Steady start with Palace. Hope your former Assistant Manager does well at Woking.

How's your former clubs doing?
    IK Frej got relegated about 2 years ago from the Swedish First division North.

Southport are currently 2nd in League 2, although the squad remains pretty much the same as i left it, bar a few loan signings and free transfers.

Excelsior are bottom of Eredivisie and 5 points from complete safety.

P.Ferreira are currently 2nd in the Portugese 2nd division having been first for about a month and a half, they'll probably get promoted.

My ass man has taken Woking from relegation zone to mid table safety, he clearly learnt from the best

Third Team

Would be an interesting match if Woking got Palace in the FA Cup ;)

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Would be an interesting match if Woking got Palace in the FA Cup ;)
    I doubt Woking could get far enough to face me! Closest i've come to facing a former team is my feeder team Gillingham played Southport in the FA Cup 2nd round.

Youth Team

January 2016

Leeds (A): 1-0. A poor performance from us, I had to rotate the squad due to the busy schedule and some of the players were either not fit enough or simply not good enough.

FA Cup 3rd Round
    Burnley (A): 0-1. Dikagoi gave us the lead after 2 minutes and we somehow kept Burnley out for the rest of the match, a great result against Premier league opposition.

Middleborough (H): 1-1. An even match, they took the lead at the end of the first half but we got a goal back from a set piece in the 61st minute.

Bournemouth (A): 2-3. A fortunate win, we went 2-0 up early on but Bournemouth got 2 back just before half time. We scored a 3rd just after half time, after this Bournemouth threw everything at us, with our keeper playing very well, saving a penalty with 15 minutes left.

FA Cup 4th Round
    Sunderland (H): 0-1. It was a fairly even game with plenty of chances for both sides, however, Sunderland’s quality came through in the 2nd half when Nene scored in the 65th minute.

Charlton (H): 1-0. Completely dominated the match and just about got the win with a goal in the 93rd minute.

League

Not a bad month for us, we had a decent cup spell and we’re still within touching distance of the playoff’s, that said, I don’t think we are strong enough to compete near the top.

Youth Team

Playoffs are definitely a real possibility.

Reserves

Will be a tough battle to go up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast