Closed Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Turnover what does it mean

  1. #1
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th November 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,576

    Default Turnover what does it mean

    When you go to the richiest clubs list, you can see the turnover of each club. What does the turnover mean?

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st July 2007
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Revenue or gross income

  3. #3
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th November 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kb77 View Post
    Revenue or gross income
    Exsplain more its it how much moneys come in compared to how much has gone out?

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Yes I believe it is the money the club has made after expenses have gone out. So spend £100million and gain £120million and the turnover is £20million.

  5. #5
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    33,140

    Default

    Turnover is gross income- everything that is earned/collected by the club before expenditure.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st July 2007
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggsidan View Post
    Yes I believe it is the money the club has made after expenses have gone out. So spend £100million and gain £120million and the turnover is £20million.
    Wrong, that would be net profit. Turnover is all the money you earn, then minus expenses, you have your net profit

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    I see. Well I stand corrected. I see those two years of business studies I did at college were worth it!
    Last edited by Giggsidan; 25-05-2012 at 12:48.

  8. #8
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th September 2009
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrazT View Post
    Turnover is gross income- everything that is earned/collected by the club before expenditure.
    If you were looking at a normal business turnover would be sales etc. so on FM , thats player sales, ticket sales , prize money etc

  9. #9
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    2nd August 2009
    Posts
    5,709

    Default

    Yeh turnover is basically the gross income received by a business.

    Profit is basically the amount of turnover that remains after expenses have been deducted.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th January 2009
    Location
    El Salvador
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Turnover - total revenue received, before subtracting expenses.
    Gross profit - turnover, minus all working expenses.
    Net profit - Gross profit minus taxes.

  11. #11
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th November 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolulu View Post
    Turnover - total revenue received, before subtracting expenses.
    Gross profit - turnover, minus all working expenses.
    Net profit - Gross profit minus taxes.
    Oh i see now and so is the turnover i see now on the list for all the clubs, at the start or during a season from the season below?

  12. #12
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    33,140

    Default

    Turnover shown about other clubs will be for the last completed season.

  13. #13
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd June 2007
    Location
    Lucas Radebe's boot bag
    Posts
    11,028

    Default

    yup.. turnover is all the money the club generated... BEFORE expenditure is taken into count

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd June 2008
    Location
    Holker Street, Home of the Bluebirds.
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolulu View Post
    Turnover - total revenue received, before subtracting expenses.
    Gross profit - turnover, minus all working expenses.
    Net profit - Gross profit minus taxes.
    I was taught that Net Profit was Gross profit less any taxes and interest to be paid

  15. #15
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    11,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolulu View Post
    Turnover - total revenue received, before subtracting expenses.
    Gross profit - turnover, minus all working expenses.
    Net profit - Gross profit minus taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom2k8 View Post
    I was taught that Net Profit was Gross profit less any taxes and interest to be paid
    I don't know about where bolulu comes from but in the UK its technically:

    Gross profit - Profit after direct expenses taken off
    Net profit - Gross profit minus other indirect expenses

    You'll also see in company accounts Net profit sometimes listed before tax and long term interest & then again after tax and long term interest.

  16. #16
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th January 2009
    Location
    El Salvador
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    I don't know about where bolulu comes from but in the UK its technically:

    Gross profit - Profit after direct expenses taken off
    Net profit - Gross profit minus other indirect expenses

    You'll also see in company accounts Net profit sometimes listed before tax and long term interest & then again after tax and long term interest.
    Quite right!
    Net profit does include other financial costs; I was just keeping the definitions as simple as I could.
    I'm a Brit btw!

  17. #17
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    33,140

    Default

    Question has been answered and a this is not an accounting forum, I will close this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts