World FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge In Association with Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS-xoOrL9CGkoIRmS0H1t3k4N-vqH3DAEKZVxKU45FIbsds28CnA

Basically its similar to Ri916's thread but you have a choice of country where you start in and not just England. so here is a list of League's Available to you

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]League Reset

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Brazil

[/TD]

[TD]January 2nd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Indonesia[/TD]

[TD]June 1st

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]S.Korea[/TD]

[TD]December 27th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]South Africa[/TD]

[TD]Not Sure on this one

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]China[/TD]

[TD]Jnauary 20th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Malaysia[/TD]

[TD]December 14th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mexico[/TD]

[TD]20th july

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Chile[/TD]

[TD]1st january

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Argentina[/TD]

[TD]1st August

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Colombia[/TD]

[TD]10th January

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Uruguay [/TD]

[TD]1st August

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

But which ever Country you start in you have to start at the very last Division

Welcome to what is probably one of the hardest challenges in FM. Clubs such as Arsenal, Manchester United and Barcelona have a reputation of bringing through youth. But their filthy rich and have a massive reputation, of course they can bring good players through, right. My question is can a small club bring through youth that has sufficient quality to play for the first team. The only person that can answer that is YOU.

Personally, I'm sceptical as to whether it's possible. Prove me Wrong. Ri916's words
Thats the Aim of this challenge. And it can be done ;)

What You have to do

• This challenge will take place in around the globe apart from Europe. To start, you have to create a Holiday manager and holiday for a season. I dont want you to download a save already holidayed as general Ca and Pa's of players will already be set (minus Pa's) and will make other peoples games ununique. Similar to dafauge's challenge, you will be taking over a club promoted to the last division in any of the chosen countrys . reputation should be sunday league footballer.

• With no transfers, you must first stabilise, and then guide you team up the leagues. It will be hard, some might say impossible, but with your managerial brilliance you may stand a chance.

• National Title [/b]and Continental Champions League and the World Club Cup with your club. any achievement will be recorded although there will not be any points scoring.

Tips

• Save as Much money as possible and try to get facilities improved regulary
  • Dont make it to hard for yourself. pick a team that has a decent squad to give yourself a chance of staying up in the first few seasons.
  • start by using a compact formation that is hard to break down. take care with team talks and dont rush through the game, as you will be relegated.
  • choose a team with decent youth facilities.

The Database

• You can load any other league or players from top clubs ect. but you must load the things above.

• you should also tick add players to playable teams so your promoted team should have a full squad to start with.

Rules

• No loans or transfers in are allowed but you can sell and loan players out.
  • If you are sacked, you can start with a newly promoted club on the next reset date.
  • No savegame editors are allowed. only cosmetic database edits are allowed. (team/competition names/logos)
  • No international management until completion of challenge.
  • Signing backroom staff is allowed
  • signing players on trial or signing grey players isnt allowed.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed.

General discussion on tactics is allowed, although people should not refer to downloaded tactics. They are not banned, but I would expect the majority of people to avoid them.

Screenshots for anything are encouraged but please post links to your pictures, don't post them as images as it makes the pages slower to load. Posts included embedded images may be deleted without warning.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the 24th June.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, I want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep me updated, even if you are doing really badly.

Posts should be seasonal and include screenshots of : Transfers (to prove you aint cheating ;)),League table, Squad (at end) and of your Youth Intake. Anything else is optional but I would appreciate a screen of the best player in your intake's stats. Also, I would like you to nickname your best player/s of each youth intake in chronological order. for example, nickname your best player in the intake in season 1 as *their name* YP01

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press Alt and F9
  • A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM12 folder in your documents
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'Settings' then 'General Settings' (on the left). At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Would like to thank Ri916 for letting me borrow his rules and Challenge

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reserved for Future Hall of Famers and Game Players

Hall of Fame

Completions

First player to get promoted

First Player to get into the National Premier League

First Player to Win a Cup in there chosen country

First Player to Win the National Premier League

First Player to win World Club Cup

Most Capped Youth Player (international)

FM 2012-

Most Goals By Youth Player In A Match (Competitive Match)

FM 2012-

Most Clean Sheets By A Youth Goalkeeper In A Season

FM 2012-

Youth Players with 500 League Appearances

Youth Players with 100 League Goals

First Youth Player In World Team Of The Year

First Youth Player To Win European Golden Ball

Most Golden Balls

Fm 2012-

First Youth Player To Win World Player Of The Year

Most World Player Of The Year

FM 2012-

Most Team Of The Year

FM 2012

Biggest Sale Of Youth Player (meaning how much you received for selling a youth player you brought up)

FM 2012

Most League Goals from a Youth Player

FM 2012-

Most Appearances from a Youth Player

FM 2012-

Players that have had sons

FM 2012

First player who gets Relegated gets the dreaded Wooden Spoon

Looks nice! But you might want to edit a few bits taken from my OP as they dont make sense :D. Do they have to win the national title and their continental champions league to complete the challenge or do they also have to win club world cup

Looks nice! But you might want to edit a few bits taken from my OP as they dont make sense :D. Do they have to win the national title and their continental champions league to complete the challenge or do they also have to win club world cup
Cheers was a work in Progress yeah i couldn't think of the word Continental :lol:

Nacional Futebol Clube

100px-Nacional_FC.PNG

Profile Profile2-for transfer reason

Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

Phase 1

Phase 2

Phase 3

Well i just stuck to my old tactics and they have worked a treat i really didnt want to go up i was going to throw my final game away but then i had a look at my finances and they werent very good so i thought i better try to win the game which i did. But i think i will be lucky if i survive next season also the vultures all circling my best players so heres hoping i am able to hang on to them

Squad

Transfers

Fiances

Facility's - already improved my junior coaching

Youth Intake

YP1

YP1R

Next Season objective : Survival at all costs

Gonna give this a go having failed the other challenge twice after 3 years!!

Trying Mexico, holidaying now!

Edit: Not sure if teams actually get relegated in Mexico, might take over the team that come bottom but its more than likely ill just do it somewhere else.

Doing Chile instead.

CD Temuco S.A.D.P

This was the only newly promoted side and they look pretty decent. The Squad has a few junk players but looks like it'll hold its own, not sure if it will reach the media prediction of 2nd in the league though!

Facilties are also pretty good with decent junior coaching already established and a good sized stadium.

Finally, the manager profile.

Just realised i messed up the dates of when the seasons restart, i missed it by 2 weeks and in that time the club signed a player. Obviously i havnt signed him but he was signed this season, what should i do?

Just realised i messed up the dates of when the seasons restart, i missed it by 2 weeks and in that time the club signed a player. Obviously i havnt signed him but he was signed this season, what should i do?

Dont worry about it :D

Might as well give this a try.

Off to Malaysia for Scottish Sunday League footballer Jim Bowman. Where he has taken over at Premier League(the 2nd tier in Malaysia behind the Super League) new boys Beverly Kota Kinabalu FC, will be referred to as Beverly from here on in, with the hope of making them the dominant force in Asia using only their youth products. All current under 20's players are greyed out so I can't even use the latest crop. The club is professional but the only staff are the Manager and the Chairman so far and he is looking to leave the club, which could be a blessing as the facilities are poor and a new man might give more funds, the stadium holds 10000 though which may garner more cash. Predicted to finish 12th the club have given me a wage budget of £3.4k and a transfer budget of £0 (although I won't be using it, it may have given an indication of what development funds I may have had).

Good Look Jim i am glad someone is trying Malaysia i didn't think anyone would :D Hopefully Bierhoff will be a nice chairman and give into your every demand :D

I hope so too, one positive to Malaysia is that each team must play an under-20 in the starting line up so i'll be able to get the good prospects blood early on

Good luck to everyone in here. This will be an epic challenge and getting close will be an astonishing achievement. I'm starting something similar (well converting anyway) in the Big Euro Nation Challenge. I've completed the challenge, but am now cutting off any signings (expect those of 15-year-olds in extreme circumstances) and trying to maintain my position as best club in Portugal solely on what I've got and youth products. It could be interesting! Fortunately I've been extremely lucky and have a decent spin already, but still, there's pressure at the top!

Nacional Futebol Clube

100px-Nacional_FC.PNG

Amazonas State Championship - Walked it really once i start getting youth through i think i will play mostly them in that league

Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

League Table

Got on ok with the first season in Serie B had a few hair moments but survived and fought against all the big clubs in the division so the future looks promising

Squad

Transfers - Loan players got sent back

Fiances

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP2R

Next Season objective : Survival & have a good cup run

Nacional Futebol Clube

100px-Nacional_FC.PNG

Amazonas State Championship - Walked it really Youth players getting more of a chance now

League Table

Jus wow my defense is formidable and as you can see it wasnt a fluke by the team stats

Squad

Transfers

Fiances

Key Players

Oliveira

Alex

Valmir

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP3 - looks awesome

YP3R

YP3A

YP3A

Next Season objective : Push for promotion

Wow Toonbalmy87, you don't hesitate with progress on a challenge do you :) How do you feel the squad will cope with such a frantic push? Though I must say your back line looks very promising indeed.

I will probably be buying FM12 next week, so I may look to give either Uruguay or Colombia a go when I do, though I will have a look at league rules and upper tier quality before making a choice. Good luck to everyone else who has started!

Wow Toonbalmy87, you don't hesitate with progress on a challenge do you :) How do you feel the squad will cope with such a frantic push? Though I must say your back line looks very promising indeed.

I will probably be buying FM12 next week, so I may look to give either Uruguay or Colombia a go when I do, though I will have a look at league rules and upper tier quality before making a choice. Good luck to everyone else who has started!

Well if i have my way i will be playing a 5-4-1 but i have too keep all my team together which ill be hard because we dont make alot of money during the season so heres hoping ill be able to keep them together. I just play the best possible team i have and hope for the best

Since my computer decided to reset itself and delete everything I've lost all my saves so I'll join in here with Malaysia.

Manager Profile - Manager Information

Club Information - Club Facilities

I've taken charge of Perak TKN, we're predicted 12th out of 12 in the Malaysian Premier League and we have 42,500 all-seater stadium!

Also the reset date for Malaysia is 15th December.

Since my computer decided to reset itself and delete everything I've lost all my saves so I'll join in here with Malaysia.

I've taken charge of Perak TKN, we're predicted 12th out of 12 in the Malaysian Premier League and we have 42,500 all-seater stadium!

Good luck with that :D

Nacional Futebol Clube

100px-Nacional_FC.PNG

Season 4

League Table

Well i jinxed my self saying my defense was formidable because my chairman went and sold my best two youngsters arghh

but i still survived but my push for promotion may have to on the back burner for now until i get a few more young guns coming through

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers - forced to sell players due to finances

Clauses From transfers - hoping for big money moves :D

Fiances

Key Players

Alex

Muralha

Youth Intake

YP1

YP3A

YP4

YP4R

Amazonas state Championship

Next year objective : Survival

About to start holidaying for this. Going to start in Indonesia. I'll add everything later after the holiday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so I am doing this with the Indonesian team Persidago Gorontalo who, as you can see, ain't great.

With rented youth facilities it is going to be tough but we have quite a large squad so I'll see what I can do.

Here is the manager.

Toon does the amazon state championship count as a trophy ?

I think you should start putting release clauses on your players if you have haven't done so. Also Brazil is gonna be tough for their main export is footballers lol

Yeah I know it will be tough that's why I chose it :) um not sure about the state championships what do you all think shoul we allow them :) yeah I have release clauses but when you arnt making money then that's all I can do sell players to put me back in the green

Perak Thang Klang Nam - Malaysian Premier League - 2012/13

League Table

I expected to fight relegation, what I got was a comfortable mid-table finish which gives us plenty to improve on next season.

Squad - Our squad is actually very poor, much worse than BSS standard, but somehow we managed to get good results with the most entertaining being a 4-4 draw away to NS Betaria & a 5-5 draw away to Pahang after losing 4-2 at half-time.

Key Player:

Muhd Amir Abdul Majid - The only member of our team with an avg. rating of over 7.00, he scored 11 in 23 which is astonishing considering his finishing is 4 and his composure is 3.

Finances - Finances are just in the black, we lost £80K during the year.

Youth Candidates - I couldn't choose which players to have as YP's since 5 players have 5* CA and all of their first names' are Mohd.

Season		      League			Position	     	Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012	      Malaysian Premier Division          6th            Mid-Table Finish, Cup 1st Round

Perak Thang Klang Nam - Malaysian Premier League - 2012/13

League Table

I expected to fight relegation, what I got was a comfortable mid-table finish which gives us plenty to improve on next season.

Squad - Our squad is actually very poor, much worse than BSS standard, but somehow we managed to get good results with the most entertaining being a 4-4 draw away to NS Betaria & a 5-5 draw away to Pahang after losing 4-2 at half-time.

Key Player:

Muhd Amir Abdul Majid - The only member of our team with an avg. rating of over 7.00, he scored 11 in 23 which is astonishing considering his finishing is 4 and his composure is 3.

Finances - Finances are just in the black, we lost £80K during the year.

Youth Candidates - I couldn't choose which players to have as YP's since 5 players have 5* CA and all of their first names' are Mohd.

Season		      League			Position	     	Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012	      Malaysian Premier Division          6th            Mid-Table Finish, Cup 1st Round

well done on your mid table finish and :eek: at your youth candidates

I too have taken Perak TKN in Malaysia. That stadium was just too good to resist!

My profile

Beverly - Jimbowmanuk - 2012

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Player Stats

A good start to my career in Malaysia, predicted to finish 12th of 12 at the start of the season we looked like relegation candidates getting beat 6-3 in the 1st game but soon the team got things together and a string of lucky results had us sitting 2nd half way through the season. Unfortunately we played the team at the top and got thrashed 7-0 causing morale to crumble. We struggled to pick up points from there but had done enough to secure survival. Finishing 6th in the league is a massive achievement. There is no money at the club at the moment and with only 25 season ticket holders I don't see that improving for a couple of seasons. Although it look likes the youth intake has blessed me with a good player in DM position which desperately needed filled.

Youth Intake

YP12A

YP12B

Next seasons goals: To finish mid-table again building up the fan base.

100px-Treze_football.png

Babaginoosh - Brazil - Treze - 2014

Stay up - Accomplished - Promoted in 2013 to Second Division

Trim fat - Still working on it

Keep the good players - Trying to keep them but they are getting expensive and i have bills to pay

Make money - 900k in debt :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to skip an update for the 2012 campaign because nothing really significant happened.I was at the top of the division but i missed promotion by a couple of matches.2013 was a different story though. After the team finally gelled and i changed up the formation that better suited the team and the league they flourished and in the end we won promotion.

Season 2013:

Fixture 1

Fixture 2

Successful Formation:

Completely dominated most of the league with goalscoring after i changed my formation around to a 4-3-3 with 2 dm's and 1 cm with 3 strikers roaming free up top.

Results can be seen in fixture links on how well I did in the division.

Notable Players:

Willian - GK - Stats - One of the reasons why i did so well. I was lucky enough to have a legit GK and saved me many times.

Wandes - ST - Stats - Major factor in goal scoring. Played him mostly in a DFL position up front and he produced very well by scoring and feeding his partners. Produced 26 goals, 8 assists and 5 MoM's. Incredible player in this system.

Youngsters:

Ranieri - DM/MC - My first legitimate youth that i managed to hold on to for 1 season, until the team was in debt and the chairman took control and sold him for 110k last season. Too bad, because he looked good for the second division.

Junior - D/WR - Second year intake that will be taking over my captains position in 2 years. He is currently being tutored by him so it should work out pretty well.

Heraldo - ST - Third year intake that will be the future. I doubt ill be able to hold on to Wendes so hopefully he can replace him somehow, if not him maybe another striker i have.

Aruajo - AMR - Another third year intake that i will be converting into a stiker on the right side of this formation. He should fit in well and take to the position naturally since its a hybrid wing position anyway.

Transfers:

2012 - No transfers in, let some dead weight go this go around.

2013 - Major exodus of 3 starting 11 players in order to keep wages down and get some cash in because of our terrible finances. This left me very thin in defense and i have been trying to just maintain until i get a good youth in to plug in.

Finances:

Board Overview - I was bleeding money from everywhere the first year and left me in a hole for 1m. Second year is when i started selling off players and still managed to gain promotion.

Goal for 2014:

Stay up

Pay down debt

Pray for a good youth intake

After having stalled out on an run at Ri916's version of this challenge, I was invigorated by the chance to attempt it outside of England. After a few sims, I am tempted by two clubs in Chile and in Argentina. And so it came to be that unknown Danish/American manager Michael Stavnsholt was announced as the surprise choice to take the reins at newly promoted CD Provincial Osorno (henceforth known as simply Osorno):

Provincial Osorno is a football club based in Osorno, Los Lagos Region, Chile. They have recently promoted to the Primera B División, the second tier of the Chilean football system. They were previously managed by Manuel Rodriguez Vera, before the appointment of Michael Stavnsholt. Between 1993 and 1998, a period of 6 years, they were continuously members of Chile's top division although they never finished higher than sixth. Until 2009 the club also operated a basketball professional team, Provincial Osorno Basquetbol, They played in the Chilean Basketball Professional League.

A quick glance at the squad reveals that we are not a very deep squad, especially in defense and up front. We do have a nice, young squad and some decent talent spread across it. Most of them will end up seeing some playing time I'm sure. I suspect we'll have some trouble fielding a squad in familiar positions as the season takes its toll, unfortunately. If we can make it to the youth intake, we'll hopefully at least get some bodies to plug in for depth.

Financially we are looking okay, I think. It's hard to judge from the limited numbers we have available right now, but our salaries are quite well below our budget and only a handful are up for renewal this season. We seem to have a decent number of season ticket holders for our relative minnow status, so hopefully we won't struggle to stay afloat.

The season goal is to secure our continued participation in Primera B. The media have us pegged at 3rd, which may be a tall order given our squad shortcomings. I have yet to see the Board's expectations, but hopefully they are more in line with my own than that of the media.

Up the Toros!

I lost my PKTM save unfortunately so I was forced to restart as MK Land.

MK Land - Malaysian Premier League - Season 2012

League Table - Survived... just.

League Graph - In the relegation zone until the very last game...

League Fixtures - Finish the season with a 2 game winning streak - yeah boy.

Transfers - Not cheating.

Player stats - Best rating = Fullback who grabbed 4 assists, all from corners.

Malaysia has this rule that means you must at all times have someone under 20 in your starting 11. Sadly the team I inherited did not have any players that young, so every game I was forced to play a greyed out player. That will change next season with:

Youth intake 2012

Baharuddin Nazarudin YP1 - The pick of the bunch.

Goal for next season: A top-half finish would be nice.

Nacional Futebol Clube

100px-Nacional_FC.PNG

Season 5

League Table

Much better season pushing on up to 8th didnt really get get hammered by anybody so the future looks bright as long as i keep my squad together will be aiming to get into Serie A in 4 yeas i need a big squad so i can compete in the big league

Brazil Cup - 2nd round KO Sao Caetano

Squad

Transfers

Fiances

Key Players

Paulao

Alex

Everton

Youth Intake

YP1

YP3A

YP4