Syncing saves between iOS devices (iPad & iPhone)

Just got FM handheld on the iPad. Can I use my save game for this on my iPhone? A review I read prior to purchasing led me to believe I could. Found an old post saying that you can't but that dated back to 2010. Can someone advise please? Ta.

• SI Staff

Yes you can move save games between devices in the manner shown in the sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file

(alternatively you could use something like 'DropBox' to transfer files directly to the 'cloud' and then down to a different device if you prefer not to involve a computer)

PS - You can also transfer shortlists, tactics and other items in the same manner.

Does this mean that DropBox support has been added to FMHi? How do I save and/or load a game from DropBox? I can not find any settings or options around DropBox, and as DropBox does not have direct access to iOs' file system I assumed that apps had to include DropBox support as a feature.

• SI Staff
Does this mean that DropBox support has been added to FMHi? How do I save and/or load a game from DropBox? I can not find any settings or options around DropBox, and as DropBox does not have direct access to iOs' file system I assumed that apps had to include DropBox support as a feature.

DropBox support isn't integrated into FMH (I've heard that Apple don't like devs doing that because it potentially takes revenue from them and their 'Cloud' setup, although I don't know if thats accurate) - there is however a DropBox iOS application ..

https://www.dropbox.com/iphoneapp

I haven't used it myself, but I'd expect it'll allow you to send files back and forth to the cloud and may (or may not) allow sending of save games - it depends on how its file access is implemented (on Android I know the DropBox app can be used, but I haven't tried on iOS).

I've tried drop box and it only seems to let you upload photos. No way to access file in an android-style file manager system. Any plans to integrate transferring save games between iOS devices? Would be a cracking feature.

• SI Staff
I've tried drop box and it only seems to let you upload photos. No way to access file in an android-style file manager system. Any plans to integrate transferring save games between iOS devices? Would be a cracking feature.

Its something I hope to look at some time in the future - but there isn't an ETA for it being implemented at present.

Archived