+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Syncing saves between iOS devices (iPad & iPhone)

Gbr Syncing saves between iOS devices (iPad & iPhone)

Just got FM handheld on the iPad. Can I use my save game for this on my iPhone? A review I read prior to purchasing led me to believe I could. Found an old post saying that you can't but that dated back to 2010. Can someone advise please? Ta.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Yes you can move save games between devices in the manner shown in the sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...save-game-file

(alternatively you could use something like 'DropBox' to transfer files directly to the 'cloud' and then down to a different device if you prefer not to involve a computer)

PS - You can also transfer shortlists, tactics and other items in the same manner.

Amateur

Does this mean that DropBox support has been added to FMHi? How do I save and/or load a game from DropBox? I can not find any settings or options around DropBox, and as DropBox does not have direct access to iOs' file system I assumed that apps had to include DropBox support as a feature.

Banned

I think you could do it

Quote Originally Posted by JaSat View Post
    Does this mean that DropBox support has been added to FMHi? How do I save and/or load a game from DropBox? I can not find any settings or options around DropBox, and as DropBox does not have direct access to iOs' file system I assumed that apps had to include DropBox support as a feature.
    DropBox support isn't integrated into FMH (I've heard that Apple don't like devs doing that because it potentially takes revenue from them and their 'Cloud' setup, although I don't know if thats accurate) - there is however a DropBox iOS application ..

https://www.dropbox.com/iphoneapp

I haven't used it myself, but I'd expect it'll allow you to send files back and forth to the cloud and may (or may not) allow sending of save games - it depends on how its file access is implemented (on Android I know the DropBox app can be used, but I haven't tried on iOS).

I've tried drop box and it only seems to let you upload photos. No way to access file in an android-style file manager system. Any plans to integrate transferring save games between iOS devices? Would be a cracking feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP1234 View Post
    I've tried drop box and it only seems to let you upload photos. No way to access file in an android-style file manager system. Any plans to integrate transferring save games between iOS devices? Would be a cracking feature.
    Its something I hope to look at some time in the future - but there isn't an ETA for it being implemented at present.

Amateur

You need to sync them to your iPad. It looks like it does this with your iTunes account though, not with iCloud.

+ Reply to Thread