Players no longer want to join my team

I'm in my 7th season managin pro Vercelli in Italy and all of a sudden no players with any monetary value are interested in playing for my club. I've cleared all the search filters so I don't have free transfers selected. Has anyone experienced this in the past and can it be fixed?

There are a few times a season where I find that player interest disappears or at least drops off. It typically happens shortly before an upcoming transfer window, and continues a bit into the window. Players that were plenty interested in March and April may lose interest as the June 9 deadline approaches. I'm not sure what the cause of this is, however. It happened this season despite continuing to perform well in the league and cups.

As a result, I attempt to leave some transfer budget available between windows, in case someone temporarily becomes interested. Or, you know, that super delicious newgen comes along that you can't say no to.

I don't think it's anything to do with that. I'm in the knock out stages of the europa league and have signed players for up to £7million in the past. Yesterday there were tons of players interested in joining me now today when I switched on my laptop not one single player playing for another club will consider coming to play for me in the serie A. It has to be a bug. Has nobody else had this happen?

Archived