Allow first window transfer budgets, what about allow 2nd window transfer budgets?

Is this possible?

After the update patch comes out, I'd like to stop transfers in the january transfer window aswell.

I find too many players move during this window, when I'd like to keep all the real life data untill the end of the season.

We can turn it off for the first window (so we have all the current real life season data when the game first comes out)

So I think we should be able to disable it for the 2nd window, after the final patch with the data update comes out.

After the update patch, all the data is upto date, where teams have all spent/strengthened in the summer and january transfer window. But even with the 'allow first window transfer budgets' disabled, they can go and bring in more extra players in the first season, during the january transfer window.

The thing is, where do you stop!! It is there because when the game is released the transfer window has irl closed and therefore all clubs have bought and sold and they cannot do anymore transfers so it is only natural that you have this option. irl clubs then have January and so do FM managers to buy and sell.

I say that you should not have the option of disabling the January transfer window. It is not needed.

The thing is, where do you stop!! It is there because when the game is released the transfer window has irl closed and therefore all clubs have bought and sold and they cannot do anymore transfers so it is only natural that you have this option. irl clubs then have January and so do FM managers to buy and sell.

I say that you should not have the option of disabling the January transfer window. It is not needed.

Which I said, once the update patch comes out.

When the update patch is released, the transfer window irl is closed, and therefore all clubs have bought and sold and they can not do anymore untill the end of the season.

So if you look at West Ham, they already have Vaz Te, Maynard, Morrison (all brought in during the january transfer window)... along with their summer signings Kevin Nolan etc.

But even with the transfer window disabled to keep the data realistic, they can still bring in even more players in January. The first transfer window option was added to keep the game data realistic for the current season, the January transfer window is part of the current season.

Why don't you just start your game in January or February 2012? If you don't allow transfer budgets in the first window then, it will mean the January window.

That's a good idea. :thup:

I never even thought of that, I'll give it a try now. Which Leagues do I need to select to be able to start in January?

I'd never use it, but I understand the logic behind it. There'd be no need to go any further than the January transfer window as SI never release another data update after that (cue FM13 jokes..).

Brazil is one as well. I think China is. The problem is, half of your season will be simulated already, so you may not have the settings you want if that makes sense.

Then holiday on the dole untill June 2012.

No, because then the clubs will sign plays. Which is what Barkermush doesn't want.

No - if you start the game in February (and tick "no transfer budget ...", only those transfers that are allready in the database will take place. If you take the managing job at a club before the next window (July 2012), only those transfers will occur. I think. Then you start buying your own players.

Surely the solution is an additional option to stop 1st season transfers.

I'd have thought so, it's logical.

If you start in Feb, won't teams have already done their own transfers, or will it be as if you'd started in July?

I haven't tried, so I don't know - but that was my thinking, that if you start your game in February, don't allow first window transfers, then there wouldn't be any transfers other than those hard coded into the data base. But don't take my word for it ;)

the logic behind the OP is very good. all transfers, original summer and january window have been completed. so its particularly annoying - for me- when i see a team buy even more players during the january window.

and i still want to start from the begining of the english leagues.

You can always choose not to transfer any of your own players or buy any new ones in the transfer windows.

Turning the transfer windows off is unrealistic.

I suppose I am really not understanding the problem.

@ Postal P I can agree to that - as long as we don't get a version of the last patch without the adjusted database, I mean. A simple option to not allow transfers in the first season would be fine, and realtively simple to implement, I imagine.

You can always choose not to transfer any of your own players or buy any new ones in the transfer windows.

No , you don't.

As long as every other club is free to make transfers, your suggestion isn't really any good, is it.

The latest DB (12.2.2) includes all transfers through the January 2012 window.

OP wants to play the 2011/12 season with only the transfers that actually took place in 11/12 (which would be included in the 12.2.2 DB)

However, if OP starts a game in July 2011, (s)he cannot prevent clubs from making additional transfers in January 2012 (which would be on top of the ones already done in the patch).

The game provides a mechanism for preventing pre-season transfers during the first season. OP would like an option to do the same for January transfers for the first season.

the logic behind the OP is very good. all transfers, original summer and january window have been completed. so its particularly annoying - for me- when i see a team buy even more players during the january window.

and i still want to start from the begining of the english leagues.

While I have no interest at all in this discussion (I care little for the latest data updates), I cannot really understand the desire to have all winter transfers fixed as in real life, but have you start at the beginning of the season.

Most of the time, winter transfers are a direct consequence of (perceived) weaknesses in the fall. Be it an injury crisis, or a dysfunctioning player or even a general underperforming team. I find the pressure on winter signings completely different from the summer signings, as winter signings are much more often made to be a quick fix, whereas summer signings are all about structural strengthening of the squad.

No, because then the clubs will sign plays. Which is what Barkermush doesn't want.

Yeah, I want to play from the first season.

I guess I can live with missing half of the season. (starting December 15th, with Brazil league loaded)

While I have no interest at all in this discussion (I care little for the latest data updates), I cannot really understand the desire to have all winter transfers fixed as in real life, but have you start at the beginning of the season.

Surely that works both ways for you then?

What about the desire to have summer transfers fixed as in real life, but then have to start at the beginning of the season?

In this case, surely only transfers completed before July 5th should be added (for English Leagues) any after that should be left, as the game starts July 5th.

If a player was signed, say, 28th August he missed a few of the games at the start of the season in real life.. yet on the game he's in from the start.

For me, I don't have any problem with the data the way it is, and we have an option to stop transfers in the first window to keep the date realisitc (even though players signed after the start date) so I'd just like to have an option to do the same for the January window with the update patch.

An alternative idea would be to have an additional starting database that didn't have summer transfers which would be updated for player attributes along with the other databases but with no changes reflecting transfers/sackings. This is the option I've always wanted as I'd prefer to build the team starting with the squad from the end of the last season, not the squad reflecting the transfers of the manager I've presumably replaced.

Archived