+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: FM12: Slow game

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    26th April 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default FM12: Slow game

    I started my current save some time ago, and i am currently in march 2015, however recently game started to work really slow. It's loading 3 minutes and saving is also super-slow.

    I tried creating new game, and it works perfectly normal, so i don't know what could be the problem.

    After reading some forums and discussions, i've deleted appdata files, deliting registry keys, reinstall the game, deleting notes (i didn't have any), removing graphic packs, and nothing helped.

    Please help me because i don't want to start over and then have same problems in few weeks.

    PS: I have 4gb ram, intel i5, ati radeon hd graphic card so computer is not the problem

  2. #2
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    32,903

    Default

    It could be that the computer is loading a lot of applications at boot up that are running in the background and using the computer's resources while FM is running. Have a look at this and turn off all but the essential ones. Is your antivirus screening the game in real time- that could be an issue as well.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    26th April 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    like i said. i don't think the problem is anything outside fm12, because when i create new game it runs normaly, and when i load "corrupted" save it starts working really slow

  4. #4
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    32,903

    Default

    Have you added any leagues since starting the game? Have you tried deleting scout reports, especially those from roaming scouts?

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    51

    Default

    How does one going about removing scout reports, im in 2022 and have realised my scouts have thousands of reports saved among them, and the game is pretty slow.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nani17 View Post
    I started my current save some time ago, and i am currently in march 2015, however recently game started to work really slow. It's loading 3 minutes and saving is also super-slow.

    I tried creating new game, and it works perfectly normal, so i don't know what could be the problem.

    After reading some forums and discussions, i've deleted appdata files, deliting registry keys, reinstall the game, deleting notes (i didn't have any), removing graphic packs, and nothing helped.

    Please help me because i don't want to start over and then have same problems in few weeks.

    PS: I have 4gb ram, intel i5, ati radeon hd graphic card so computer is not the problem
    Have you added any leagues? There's an issue where if you use the add/remove leagues feature, it causes the game to add thousands of players, bloating the save and making it unplayable.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    26th April 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Removing scout reports didin't help.

    I added one league and removing 2 leagues, but it shouldn take effect until the start of new season, so if this is indeed what's causing problems, how can i reverse it?

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd May 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    is there any way to changet the screen size in windowed mode because there are certin things that i cannot see??

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th January 2009
    Location
    El Salvador
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dno29 View Post
    is there any way to changet the screen size in windowed mode because there are certin things that i cannot see??
    The only thing I can't see in Windowed mode is the bottom RH button to confirm stuff. Every time I start I have to lift the whole window with my cursor on the top bar.
    Is that your problem?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    26th April 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    does any1 have any solution to my "slow game" problem? :/

    I tried to remove league i added and it didn't help...

    I guess ill just delete the game and wait dissapointed for 2013 version

  11. #11
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default

    Any more scout reports you could remove? Remove a league, maybe?

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th February 2007
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    624

    Default

    If you've added a league and removed it after its been added from my experiance it will still screw you over for a few years...

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th July 2011
    Location
    Stretford End
    Posts
    856

    Default

    This will be down to you using the add/remove leagues. I added a few leagues when managing Dortmand, after they had been added the game was a lot slower and there was no fixtures even though I had played till September 1st.

  14. #14
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    11th June 2010
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    After I got a new PC I added some 15 leagues. 2½ seasons has gone and I haven't experienced problems (yet)...

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth7 View Post
    How does one going about removing scout reports, im in 2022 and have realised my scouts have thousands of reports saved among them, and the game is pretty slow.
    [Some help guys?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts