Feeder Club Question - Youth team experience?

I've come across a type of feeder club benefit that I am curious about:

Club X may send youth players to train at Club Y to gain experience. Club Y may benefit with some of these players coming through their youth team ranks.

Two questions arise:

1 - What, in practical terms/benefits, does this confer? Does it simply increase the likelihood of recruiting a player of that nationality, or does it somehow give you a chance to actually recruit a player out of that country/region's player pool, presumably of a quality commensurate with the level of youth recruitment of the feeder club?

2 - Has anyone managed to establish one of these feeder club benefits?

Cant remember if it was 2011 or 2012, but if you start as Liverpool they have Hadju (?) on loan. It basically allows you to loan there youth players to help them develope through better training facilities/coaching and allows you to see if theyre worth signing. Like a really long trial I guess. Unfortunately the game doesnt recognise this as the reason for the loan, so when the loan finishes if the player hasnt played first team football he still complains he expected to learn more. Unless you get a really good feeder team, or one with a remarkably bright prospect I wouldnt consider it

It means that you might get a youth player come through your ranks with the feeder club as his first club. For example he may be 16 when he comes to your club via the youth intake but he may have been at your feeder club since he was 14.

So basically it's automatic whether they come through from the feeder.

Archived