annoying problem

Does anyone find it annoying that when you give individual instructions to a player to makes crosses, run from deep, take long shots etc.

if you put a different player in that position they are automatically selected to take crosses, long range passes or whatever you selected for the previous player.

It's annoying as the new player might not be as good as the other player in those attributes.

Using an example its a bit pointless replacing a winger with another winger if you don't want the replacement to cross.

Cutting to the chase tactics > players, therefore you should be selecting your style of play and then picking players for the positions.

Does anyone find it annoying that when you give individual instructions to a player to makes crosses, run from deep, take long shots etc.

if you put a different player in that position they are automatically selected to take crosses, long range passes or whatever you selected for the previous player.

It's annoying as the new player might not be as good as the other player in those attributes.

No, it'd be annoying if this didn't happen.

No, it'd be annoying if this didn't happen.

And... I disagree. The original poster is right from my point of view. I'll frequently be replacing a player precisely because I want a different type of player in his position; a good crosser from deep as opposed to a dribbler, for instance. Or a nippy forward instead of a target man who has been getting no change out of the centre-backs.

Since people see it differently, it would be nice if there was a toggle option for this.

The instructions you give are not given to that specific player, they are given to that specific position. So any player who you place in that specific position will receive those same instructions.

Its something I've had an issue with for a while because it means that I can't have strikers switch positions if they are playing different roles.

Cutting to the chase tactics > players, therefore you should be selecting your style of play and then picking players for the positions.

Tactics and styles of play change within a single game in real life. For example, being ahead or behind by a goal in the 80th minute. Thus player instructions will be different.

Annoys me too! I like to have 'wingers' (Attack) quick, tricky dribblers that get to the byline or cut inside for some matches. If things are going to plan, and I find my self a couple of goals up, the wingers are replaced by wide midfielders (support) who will play narrow, and help shut up shop whilst still banging crosses from deep to the big target man.

My solution would for each player to have 3 roles, when you bring him on, you pick the role you want him to fill.

The instructions you give are not given to that specific player, they are given to that specific position. So any player who you place in that specific position will receive those same instructions.

Its something I've had an issue with for a while because it means that I can't have strikers switch positions if they are playing different roles.

I have same problem with set pieces. Just because Im playing, say Gerrard out of position on the right wing doesn't meen I want his replacement standing with my free kick taker instead of him. Should be able to set moves to players individually and not just positions

Archived