Zero to Hero in 5 Years

My question is how fast have any of you managed to go from being unemployed with Sunday League Reputation to being known as a World Class manager?

In my latest feat I managed this in 4 and a half seasons.

I was given my first job in October 2011 at a struggling and manager-less Welling. It went from there.

c76b2c191177265.jpg

20db48191177271.jpg

8de27d191177263.jpg

7c55b9191177280.jpg

The trophies I won:

Blue Square South

Blue Square Premier

League 2

nPower Championship

Premiership

FA Trophy x2

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

League Cup

FA Cup

I am proud of these achievements, what is the quickest you have gone from the very bottom to very top?

5 is pretty impressive! Took me 12-13 on FM12.

Started unemployed -> Sporting Mahones - Sacked after 20 games -> unemployed -> Friska Vijor FC - 9 years there, won at every playable Swedish Tier, and all the Swedish Trophies once. Finished off with the Swedish Premier Division Title -> Maritimo - 3 and half seasons there. Won their first ever Taca de Portugal. Won it the season after, and finished runner up in it the season after that. Won the Supertaca twice. -> Ivory Coast -> At the same time as being at Maritimo in my final season. Qualifed for ACN, and then won it with them :D -> Resigned from Ivory Coast -> Juventus -> Where I am now!

World Class didn't kick in until winning the African Cup of Nations. I'm a legend at Friska as well. I'm not even on the faves list at Maritimo :( The plan is to build success with Juve, manage in England, dabble Internationally again, and then move back to Friska!

That's insane, really well done!

Play time is around 11 days, so wasn't a plow-through game, took a lot of time.

Considerably easier also when you don't play by the full-blown LLM rules.

I spent a fair few hours scouring transfer lists and by the time I was at Hull was searching attributes.

Took me 12 years on fm11 with Alfreton on the way from BSN to CL glory to sextuple in 2022.

Surprisingly didn't get to world-class till I won the EPL in 2022

rolandbesthistorybiogra.png

Ive noticed that in your picture, it says you were international manager from example, wales september 2021 and january 1900 and all of your dated of leaving international first teams are in 1900. ive had the same thing too. Could this please be fixed somehow by the game developers?

also, forgot to mention, that in my games i always tend to start as a top league team, i've only ever once started in the second tier, but this gives me a different view of the game, and perhaps something that I will try when FM13 comes out :)

It's a fun way of playing, makes you feel like you have earned it if you ever get to the champions league, even the group stage is a privilege. Then seeing Van Persie swing in a 30 yard free-kick in an FA cup Final, when the first goal scored for you was a tap in from Joe Healy on a rainy wednesday in a Kent derby against Dartford.

Remembering coming up against a striker with 9 finishing and 10 pace and thinking i'm screwed the having a striker with 20 finishing and 17 pace (a regen called Roberto Gandado.)

Ive noticed that in your picture, it says you were international manager from example, wales september 2021 and january 1900 and all of your dated of leaving international first teams are in 1900. ive had the same thing too. Could this please be fixed somehow by the game developers?

It's not done that for me but it has doubled up the bio bit - So it reads something like '...was manager of Maritimo and Ivory Coast between May 2022 and May 2024 winning the...' and then it tags on anothe line repeating the information for the international management at the end. I don't think the bio likes the international information at the same time as club information for some reason.

Am I reading the stat screen right?

You bought 154 players in 5 years?

Wow that is just over 30 players a year..if I am reading it right then that is nuts!

Grats on the achievement though ;)

Yeah. I have a thing for completely remodelling sides. At Welling not one original player was left 2 weeks into my reign. Bought perhaps 40 that year for a first and reserve team. Bought in about 20 youth players second season.

Another complete renewal once we hit the the football league. All free transfers. Scouted every youth player released from premiership and championships and every senior player from League 1 and 2. Signed whoever I could.

Then I moved. Only had 3 original Hull players in the first team for my first match.

Then moved again. Bought Arsenal a new youth team, about about 5 starters so yeah.

People talk about teams gelling, I say if they're quality players they win games end of.

Archived