+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Newgen issues

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th October 2006
    Location
    Gävle, Sweden
    Posts
    0

    Default Newgen issues

    I've noticed a couple of newgen issues.

    - Top newgens in minor clubs.
    There are still a couple of issues with top world class newgens generated to very small clubs and to the free transfer. There's been a big big change since the last patch, good work, but it's still a problem that needs to be tweaked. For an example I've noticed newgens with CA 100 and PA of 180 ending up at Northwich Victoria and Oxford City.

    - Top newgens with low rep
    I've noticed that top newgens (CA 120+ PA 160+) seems to have a bit to low reputation or that their reputation doesn't evolve at the same rate as their CA. At the moment I got newgens in rival PL clubs with a CA that should qualify the for a starting position (and even the national team) but they haven't played a single game all season.

    - Newgens with a way to high starting CA
    Quite often you see freshly baked newgens with a CA that is in the region of 150-180. We do see wonder kids sometimes IRL but a 16 year old with a CA of 170? That's might happen once every 100 years.

    - Newgen managers with a high CA
    Both newgen managers and old players turning in to managers seems to have a bit to high CA. I've noticed that quite a few end up with a CA 170+ but a low reputation. They should have a lower CA and develop a higher CA as they get more experience.

    - Great newgens only in a few clubs?
    It would be interesting to know the maths behind the newgen calculation in FMH. Clearly clubs in Spain, Italy and most commonly Man Utd in England generates a lot of very good newgens. Especially the clubs in Spain and Italy seems to generate newgens of all kinds of nationalities and ages (a 23-24 year old newgen in Barca?).
    I do understand that it might be a bit tricky to solve these issues as the game got a low space of memory and so on.

    But if it's possible it would be great to try to get more newgens to start in clubs from their home country. For an example there are rarely any good newgens from clubs in Holland, Portugal, Belgium and Scandinavia as they generally start in clubs from Spain and Italy.. A bit to many Brazilian and Argentinian newgens starts in Europe too.

  2. #2
    Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th September 2011
    Location
    Old Street, London
    Posts
    2,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joninho View Post
    I've noticed a couple of newgen issues.

    - Top newgens in minor clubs.
    There are still a couple of issues with top world class newgens generated to very small clubs and to the free transfer. There's been a big big change since the last patch, good work, but it's still a problem that needs to be tweaked. For an example I've noticed newgens with CA 100 and PA of 180 ending up at Northwich Victoria and Oxford City.
    We're aware of this, as you've mentioned it's been tweaked but definitely needs more work at some point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joninho View Post
    - Top newgens with low rep
    I've noticed that top newgens (CA 120+ PA 160+) seems to have a bit to low reputation or that their reputation doesn't evolve at the same rate as their CA. At the moment I got newgens in rival PL clubs with a CA that should qualify the for a starting position (and even the national team) but they haven't played a single game all season.
    I'll have a look into this, it may also have something to do with why some clubs aren't defensive enough against transfer bids for quality newgens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joninho View Post
    - Newgens with a way to high starting CA
    Quite often you see freshly baked newgens with a CA that is in the region of 150-180. We do see wonder kids sometimes IRL but a 16 year old with a CA of 170? That's might happen once every 100 years.
    Agreed, this is something I've previously raised internally and hopefully we'll get a chance to improve it soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joninho View Post
    - Newgen managers with a high CA
    Both newgen managers and old players turning in to managers seems to have a bit to high CA. I've noticed that quite a few end up with a CA 170+ but a low reputation. They should have a lower CA and develop a higher CA as they get more experience.
    Personally I'm not convinced this one is an issue, there have been a lot of players in recent years that have become quality managers not long after retiring and I think the game should reflect that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joninho View Post
    - Great newgens only in a few clubs?
    It would be interesting to know the maths behind the newgen calculation in FMH. Clearly clubs in Spain, Italy and most commonly Man Utd in England generates a lot of very good newgens. Especially the clubs in Spain and Italy seems to generate newgens of all kinds of nationalities and ages (a 23-24 year old newgen in Barca?).
    I do understand that it might be a bit tricky to solve these issues as the game got a low space of memory and so on.

    But if it's possible it would be great to try to get more newgens to start in clubs from their home country. For an example there are rarely any good newgens from clubs in Holland, Portugal, Belgium and Scandinavia as they generally start in clubs from Spain and Italy.. A bit to many Brazilian and Argentinian newgens starts in Europe too.
    We've tried to improve the regen distribution across clubs, it's something we'll look at improving further in the future. Personally, I don't have a problem with slightly older players being regenerated in non-active leagues, it makes them more of a challenge to find. Same with regens appearing in the larger leagues - it makes them a little less trivial to snap up on the cheap.

    As ever, thanks a lot for the detailed and helpful feedback!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts