Position Training and Subscriptions

Got a few questions:

1. Is there any disadvantages to setting a new position to a player?

2. Can players improve from an, say, awkward to accomplished, or can they only improve from a completely new position?

3. Can you ever train them natural?

4. Any ways to speed up learning process.

5. What exactly does new subscriptions do, does it only affect your inboxes? Are players and things added randomly, say, when you offer a contract to them etc.?

6. What affects the news articles that come up on the news screen or does that just depend on the team you pay for and league you're in?

1. The player won't be at his best in a position that is not natural

2. They can improve from awkward to accomplished

3. Don't think so, but not sure

4. Tutoring perhaps?

5. The news subscriptions are what types of messages that will appear in your FM inbox

6. Don't know

1. Not to my knowledge, other than position training takes away time spent on the "normal" training, so the "normal" training will be a little less effective during the time your player is learning a new position.

2. Yes, they can improve from none. It all depends on some of the players stats how effective, or fast, it will be. Versatility, determination, professionalism the most important, I think. Some won't improve much at all.

3. Yes, it's possible.

4. You can speed it up by playing the player in the position he's learning.

5. Subscription are automatically added, for instance if you spesifically put the player to be scouted, when you make a bid for him, etc.

6. The news articles are determined by league, nation, and subscriptions. All of this can of course be altered by managing your subscriptions.

1. The player won't be at his best in a position that is not natural

But you don't actually have to play them in the new position for them to improve. I set a player to add Right Wing Back to his positions and he played Centre Mid/Right Mid all season and became accomplished on Right Wing Back despite not a single game there.

That's right, you don't have to. But it will help speed up the process.

And btw - the difference between being natural vs accomplished in a position, is negligible. I have a number of players playing in a accomplished position, with very good results. Once you get players up to accomplished, and manage to keep them there (yes, because position can be lost again, if you for example stop their learning and/or rarely play them in the new position), it's good enough.

I have a young RB who was a decent LB as well, problem is, RB was very crowded, the squad already had a world class player in that position, aged what, 24, so no immediate need for another class RB! I have played him as LB and trained him in that position, and he has become a natural. I have another CB who is a decent LB as well, trained him and played him there, no more than accomplished. Sure, some of it could be less playing time, or something similar, but sometimes you have to accept the player isn't capable of learning a new position.

For eg. I always always train my DMcs to play MC, because it increases their usefulness to the team big time (my formations have 2 CMs, and only field a DMc about 1 in 4 or 5 games) but I had a promising Ghanain DMc who I trained and trained and trained at MC, and gave him games galore. Played terrible, didn't improve at the position either. We are talking maybe 2 or 3 years here! I had to finally decide, you know what, this kid is a DMc, so lets play him there, he just ain't gonna become a natural MC ever! Luckily he is really quite good, which naturally is why I wanted him to be a CM, but the years I played him at MC he was so poor (young and still learning, on top of being out of position) that it affected my impression of him as a player. It can be tough bringing a player 'back into the fold' after you have basically given up on them.

Also, if you have a player on loan at your club for say 3 months, can you extend it after 2 months are done for example or do you have to wait until they go back to the club and then send another loan request. And if you have a player on loan at another club do they ever come back at the end of the loan and ask to extend it?

Got a few questions:

1. Is there any disadvantages to setting a new position to a player?

In the short term it takes a little training away from other things.

In the long term it increases the ratio of some attributes meaning it will cost more CA points to raise them which could limit them in the long term. Note though training a ML to be an MR or a DL to be a DR etc won't make any difference as both requite the same attributes.

2. Can players improve from an, say, awkward to accomplished, or can they only improve from a completely new position?

3. Can you ever train them natural?

They can improve from anything, the description is just the level they are at with Natural being the highest.

4. Any ways to speed up learning process.

Play them in the position you are teaching them.

5. What exactly does new subscriptions do, does it only affect your inboxes? Are players and things added randomly, say, when you offer a contract to them etc.?

6. What affects the news articles that come up on the news screen or does that just depend on the team you pay for and league you're in?

You subscribe to the items you want to see news about in your inbox - This can be a player, team, competition, country, staff member etc.

Things like scouting will add a subscription to that player whilst you get recommendations at the beginnings of the season/new job from your PA as to what to subscribe to.

In the short term it takes a little training away from other things.

In the long term it increases the ratio of some attributes meaning it will cost more CA points to raise them which could limit them in the long term. Note though training a ML to be an MR or a DL to be a DR etc won't make any difference as both requite the same attributes.

They can improve from anything, the description is just the level they are at with Natural being the highest.

Play them in the position you are teaching them.

You subscribe to the items you want to see news about in your inbox - This can be a player, team, competition, country, staff member etc.

Things like scouting will add a subscription to that player whilst you get recommendations at the beginnings of the season/new job from your PA as to what to subscribe to.

1. Also, if you have a player on loan at your club for say 3 months, can you extend it after 2 months are done for example or do you have to wait until they go back to the club and then send another loan request. And if you have a player on loan at another club do they ever come back at the end of the loan and ask to extend it?

2. And I recently bought a player for 5m, all of which wasto be paid over 48 months. Only 2 million was taken off my transfer budget. What's the deal with the transfer budget increasing/decreasing depending on if you set up clauses?

1. Also, if you have a player on loan at your club for say 3 months, can you extend it after 2 months are done for example or do you have to wait until they go back to the club and then send another loan request. And if you have a player on loan at another club do they ever come back at the end of the loan and ask to extend it?

Never tried personally as I tend to use full season loans but the AI does apply to extend loans so I presume the human user can as well.

2. And I recently bought a player for 5m, all of which wasto be paid over 48 months. Only 2 million was taken off my transfer budget. What's the deal with the transfer budget increasing/decreasing depending on if you set up clauses?

If you pay using monthly payments only the up front amount + payments due before the end of the season are taken off your current budget.

When your budget gets set at the beginning of next season future payments will be taken into accounts.

Never tried personally as I tend to use full season loans but the AI does apply to extend loans so I presume the human user can as well.

If you pay using monthly payments only the up front amount + payments due before the end of the season are taken off your current budget.

When your budget gets set at the beginning of next season future payments will be taken into accounts.

How about clauses tat aren't a set amount like after certain amount of appearances?

Archived