+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Amateur

- As the 3D is I find hard to follow the ball at times. I got a custom content ball that is seen easier, but even so some times I lose it. Maybe allow two zooms of camera if that'd be doable without wasting resources?. Or a slightly bigger ball without getting out of proportion. Or nothing, because it's not all that bad, though a little annoying at times. (Now, why I do keep using 3D when I've said several times in another place that this game's for 2D, I don't know)

- Bodysnatcher mode: instead of creating a manager, take control as an existing manager and see what you can make him out of him.

- A way to extract the info of your profile in a (the) previous version that can be used in the new to be imported to the new.

- In the training screen: a slider to change every players' individual focus load, allowing to set it to none. A little routine effort save. Minimal importance, obviously.

- Option to speak about the referee of past's game or next game. Including in the former case some potentially polemic plays.

- Direction and speed of the wind on matches.

- Team talk report including the reaction for the players subbed in.

- Centreback roles and duties that make them not mark tightly. Useful in the more defensive tactics. Currently they're always set to tight mark. A shout for them to mark tightly or loose.

- Substitution icons in the timeline bar. Many times the AI makes a change that it's not told about in the comments and it doesn't show even when playing full match mode. It gets specially annoying when you see the new man in the field when he gives an assist you know couldn't have been made if you had set the OI you would've set immediately should you have been told he was coming in.

- A slider to actually control how far the defensive line is allowed to run to during the attack phase. I've tried all combinations of closing down and defensive mentalities, setting them to the minimum for the defence and creating a gap with the midfield, it always runs up to the midfield line no matter what.

- An option to clean the savegame from information unneeded. E.g., let the replay of past matches until last month or something be lost and keep only the final result and statistics, similarly to whatever bit of past information that is kept that would have no more relevance to the game.

Amateur

I don't know if it would ever, even be technically possible, but with the World Cup coming up, I was thinking it would be absolutely fantastic if there was a way in the future that a once yearly tournament could be held, with a small prize, or just for the glory, where users playing the latest version on an unedited database could upload their team, maybe paying a small fee, and take part in a one off, purely knockout, one loss and your out, competition to find that year's greatest FM team from all the teams out there. I reckon most people take a lot of pride and hold a lot of belief in their team with their unique newgens, I would have thought it could be a really popular idea, maybe even profitable too if it could be done! No idea if it's even remotely possible to implement though

Youth Team

This may well have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I'm not going to waste time scouring through the endless requests ()

Anyway, I'd like to see some sort of 'Player Hub' - where you can click on a player and see different statistics about him while in game - as well as a 'Total Passes Completed' statistic be integrated into the matchday somehow. As a huge advocate of possession football, I'm nearly always flicking to the 'Analysis' tab to check on how many passes my midfielders, for example, have made, so I'd definitely welcome some sort of 'Player Hub'. For example, when watching a 3D game, you could simply click on the player while on the pitch and a small 'hub', if you like, will pop-up in one of the four corners of the screen or beneath the score line. In case some of you are wondering what it may look like, I've drawn up a small example;

As for my other, less dramatic request - all I'd like to see is a 'Total Passes Completed' which combines the whole players' passes and displays it as 'Teams Total Passes Completed'. I'm guessing that may be much simpler to include in a new version of Football Manager than my first request.

Amateur

I'm sick of the mind games you have to play with your own players to get them to perform by saying the right thing in press conferences, team meetings and most importantly teams talks. Especially when I look at the assistant managers analysis and it says in the pre match warm up that players are going into the game believing the recent form is enough to get a win and a particular player looks as if he's the worst culprit... I'm not an expert but I'm sure in the real world if there was a player dicking about and having a laugh during the pre match warm up the manager/ass man would take him to one side and give him an earful, not watch from the sidelines trying to work out what vague thing to say to him to get him focused.

So why not have the option of talking to players more fluidly and maybe a pre match warm up page where it shows the players morale, condition, readiness for the game in more specific terms which relate to the game in hand and the ability to really give them an earbashing if they aren't taking things seriously! It would definitely help to harness the players that apparently 'love the big occasion' and keep an eye on the ones who don't.

Serious overhaul of press conferences is needed too. Questions about transfer rumours very rarely happen in a post match interview and when they do they're not the only subject to be raised. More analysis of the game that has just been played needs to be made possible.

Youth Team

Another thing that I'd like to introduced is in regards to scouting. In a future edition of FM, I'd like to see a few more options when scouting a player or region.

For example, I play with Arsenal and, as many of you know, they have a wealth of accomplished scouts on their books. On most of my saves, I tend to get Gilles Grimandi to scout France and only France - to coincide with reality. Although, I find it slightly annoying that I have to press the 'restart' button every time he completes a scouting report. I'd like to see a 'Duration' option be integrated when setting the scouting criteria. For example, you could make him scout France, non-stop, for a month, three months or the whole season. It would make the scouting system much more reliable and self-sufficient.

Amateur

Not sure if this is already been suggested (nor read through all the pages) but I would like it if you could set up academies or youth projects in other countries. From this you would be given new regens that you could sign and they could be signed at the same time as the regular regens. You could set up these through the board. Not only would I like to see this but generally more interaction available with the academies.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sfg View Post
    I'd love to see an end to player tutoring; I just cannot believe it's anyway realistic.

How can you expect pro footballers to be bothered with formally tutoring a youth player? They probably train in different places, perhaps even in a different part of town for a start, and if they do train at the same place, it certainly wouldn't be on the same pitch even if it was at the same time. So are we to believe that they stay behind after their own training (wouldn't this affect their own rest and recuperation somewhat..) to work on improving some youth's game? It's just an absolutely bizarre concept to me. I've never had a first team player refuse either, (though of course lots of youths do, which again seems completely the wrong way round, given that the senior player would have to give up an enormous amount of time, effort and energy to try to help improve some random youth's game).

Really wouldn't first team players be busy? They are, at the top level anyway, multi millionaires who must have other things they would rather do or have to do - if they aren't working on their own game or having treatment, whether it's sponsorship demands, international commitments, golf to play, supermodels to date, time with their family etc or you know, just resting and preparing for an upcoming match.

I fully understand that some may choose to offer informal advice to a particular youngster, they might very well call on a reserve team player to get them to help improve the FIRST TEAM players' game, whether that's to send in crosses for a first team striker, or be goalkeeper for freekick training, which might very well indirectly help the young player to improve, but that would not be the main point of the exercise.

Yet in the game there is this regular, yearly, formal cross-squad (perhaps cross-town at a big club) tutoring link up. What's the point of youth coaches who's ENTIRE JOB it is to mentor and guide your young players, and yet they, bizarrely, apparently don't even have the ability to mentor someone?

One this last and final point, please can someone explain to me how a senior player in your squad, a legend in the game perhaps, can be a valuable experienced tutor for your yoof one day; yet perhaps even the next day, when he retires and ACTUALLY BECOMES A COACH, he magically loses his mystical ability to mentor someone, despite being paid full time to do just that?

It is an absolutely absurd feature imo, often seemingly random (oooooh I so hope they like each other....) and i'd guess, virtually entirely lacking in the real world, at least at the elite level. Please consider removing it!
    Please don't.

Amateur

Another thing i want to see in the next FM is a better relationship between sponsors and clubs, new big deals, possibility to include clauses, dynamic TV networks deals (if the league improves your reputation, more money from the TVs) etc...

Amateur

I always find it irritating to see a player's determination not matching his determination in his mental staff attributes screen. Is there a reason that they aren't the same? Otherwise I suggest that this should be fixed in future versions.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    Please don't.
    Can anyone show any evidence that tutoring as it exists in FM happens in the real world? I would be very interested because I'm given to understand that realism is important in the game, (even when dull, press conferences..), but I have never ever heard of widespread formal tutoring hook up's between first team players and youth team players in the real world, like you get in the game. Actually forget widespread, just a few examples of first team players formally being appointed tutor to a youth player would be interesting to find out about imo.

Who came up with the idea for the game, what did they base it on?

I really would be interested, because I think it's just the oddest, most unrealistic thing i've ever heard of, for the reasons I wrote about before, but if it's a genuine feature of life in football then i'm more than happy to be proved wrong. (Would still love to know why a coach can't be a tutor though)

Anyway, out of curiosity, anyone know who Messi's currently tutoring in the youth team?

Lol

Amateur

STADIUM'S

i would like to see better stadiums and different one's and not all the same
    also i would like to build my own type of stadium like you did in football manager live

Amateur

^^^

I'm not sold on the tutoring system either. I put forward in another thread an idea that could replace it. In a nutshell youth team players would be influenced by the averaged mental attributes of all the established players. With more weighting being given to the captain, star players, club legends etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sfg View Post
    but I have never ever heard of widespread formal tutoring hook up's between first team players and youth team players in the real world, like you get in the game. Actually forget widespread, just a few examples of first team players formally being appointed tutor to a youth player would be interesting to find out about imo.
    Why do you assume it's formal? It merely appears that way because of the game mechanism. It isn't like a contract to tutor. Rather, you are just asking a senior player to help a young player's development. I think you have a point about the coaches though, and I would like to see personality traits change based on the coaching staff, not just because of tutoring. As for real-life examples, I was reading about one recently, and dang me if the names involved haven't escaped me. The young player was a guy with bags of talent in England, but who like the flashy party lifestyle, and refused to stay after practice to work with an experienced player who was trying to help his game. Someone will know who I mean, I'm sure. The point is, you have to see it as the informal thing that it is, and leave aside the "game" portion which has to have some sort of structure and parameters for it to work.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    You could put your 2nd nationality as German?

You can use an actual photo of yourself.

You can - from Sunday league Manager to Ex-Professional Football Manager.
    Sorry, forgot: When I say I want to pick my manager background, I mean I want it to be more detailed. Like the knowledge, for example. I have, in real life, worked with american soccer talents. Would be nice if I could choose that knowledge to my manager profile.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    Why do you assume it's formal? It merely appears that way because of the game mechanism. It isn't like a contract to tutor. Rather, you are just asking a senior player to help a young player's development. I think you have a point about the coaches though, and I would like to see personality traits change based on the coaching staff, not just because of tutoring. As for real-life examples, I was reading about one recently, and dang me if the names involved haven't escaped me. The young player was a guy with bags of talent in England, but who like the flashy party lifestyle, and refused to stay after practice to work with an experienced player who was trying to help his game. Someone will know who I mean, I'm sure. The point is, you have to see it as the informal thing that it is, and leave aside the "game" portion which has to have some sort of structure and parameters for it to work.
    I don't think it's that common because predicting the future is very difficult. It's more likely that the more senior players simply exert a strong influence over the youth players as a whole. I think mentoring is only for those who need specific mentoring - think trouble-makers or players with one glaring flaw but otherwise is a very good player.

I'm not sure if the manager is really in charge of all these things, either. I think it's more likely that the youngster seeks out the opportunity and the manager tries to find a way to give them that opportunity. And of course the first-teamer must agree.

Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    I don't think it's that common because predicting the future is very difficult. It's more likely that the more senior players simply exert a strong influence over the youth players as a whole. I think mentoring is only for those who need specific mentoring - think trouble-makers or players with one glaring flaw but otherwise is a very good player.

I'm not sure if the manager is really in charge of all these things, either. I think it's more likely that the youngster seeks out the opportunity and the manager tries to find a way to give them that opportunity. And of course the first-teamer must agree.
    Good points. As it stands, I think we should continue to be able to suggest tutoring relationships- after all, they are not always accepted. Perhaps some relationships could just form outside our control. It does need to be a bit more robust, I agree, because right now it is a tad mechanical and even "gamey."

Amateur

it's really disappointing, the only important feature in FM2012 was to add/remove League at any time, which help some of us to play longer and aviod the game become slower year after year in the game. Other changes like shouts or set pieces wizard or rename some options ( like team policy instead of old 'options' ), not important IMO. I can see more important changes than these things. I know companies wish you buy the game each year, but i believe there is a minimum of development should be achieved yearly, i can see some of these features should be introduced around 3-5 verions ago, and i would wright them now based on priority:

a) Training:
    - we should know how the player performing in all attributes, like if the player is rated 15 from 20 in tackling for example, it should be 15.5 when we start the game, and depends on his training or displays, we should if he is about to decrease that skill 15.4, 15.3, 15.2. 15.1, 15.0 OR increase 15.6, 15.7, 15.8, 15.9 , surely this type of change shouldn't be easy, hardly happen within 3 months.
    - brining back session schedules back ( as it was in Championship manager ) , as it was more realistic and fun ( with ability to watch match practise ) ! , i don't mind keeping current system, but the session schedule should reflects current system ( Aerobic, strength, Tactics, etc.. ) , so when you decide to use the current system, the assistant manager automatically suggest the sessions schedule which give you what you picked from Aerobic, Strength, GK, Tactics etc.. ) .. and when you decided to use session schedules, the assistant give you automatically how it's mean in current season ( that's what i mean both reflects to each other )

b) Tour:
    - tour players meeting, should the manage ask the player to focus his work in training for new position or his individual training.
    - should each travel costs different money, not only opponent fees, and each region provide such benfites ( 5 levels of: Technique, Tactics, Fitness, Morale )
    - ability to make a tour up to 3 weeks, and even play a tournaments there, and even teams from different countries.

c) Boardroom/Job Options:
    - asking the board to invest/inject amount for money to prevent the club from bankruptcy, or discuss taking a loan for that reason or ( for new signing, stadium, acadmey or training facilities ) , and the bo.
    resignation shouldn't be that easy, the club could ask the manager to reconsider decision, the manager should state a reason for his departure, club may fight to keep their manager by offering new contract or such promise.
    (*)Addition: ultimatum the board, when they refusing to sign top target, or increase transfer funds, or when they are accept offer from a club ( force them to cancel the deal ) .
    - when a job offered, some club should ask the manager to leave international job, or the national team ask the manager to leave the club ( specially if it's from different country ) , should the club or nation look for new manager if the manager refused to leave the other job. ( this could work with above three stars teams reputation )
    - option to delay response to international job.
    - If the manager had two jobs and two games in one date, he should be asked to decide which game he would take 2 days before the games. Should the absense not help the players morale and the board confidence ( this may lead to introduce commitment option in board confidnce )

d) Transfer clauses:
    - option to offer certain player in loan for season in the deal ( should the selling club negotiate about how to share paying the wages ) .
    - Loan back option for U23 players.
    - Money bounes if league target achieved, or cup win.

e) staff appointments/contract :
    - we should pick the youth/reserve coach like we do for fitness/GK/first-team coaches, so we can't change them anytime in the season.
    - we should be able to offer 'scout chief' post for one person, this position should be helpful to sign scouts from better clubs, force may force them to offer better terms, the scouting chief should talk about other scouts assignments, not coaches, except assistant manager. The importace of this feature, when we ask a report for such player, the scout chief should report it or ask a it from a scout who's assignments near to the wanted player. ( to prevent a scout who is scouting in Asia, give you a report for a player in South America for example ) .

f) Private chat (players) :

- ability to ask the player to reduce contract demands at any time
    - reconsider leaving the club on free transfer at the end of the season.
    - ability to discuss squad status.
    - introduce 'training option, should the manager talk about the individual focus training, new position, such movement, or improve weak foot from private chat menu )
    - (*) after such row in meeting or rift about player unhappy about something like subs him, you can tell the media that the player won't play again under your era, and a response from the players, fans about it ( depends on fans confidence, player ability and team morale ) and an option latter if the manager or the player regret the accident, to see the manager reconsider his promise.

really wish to see the first three things in FM13, and the rest should be done within FM14, and I'm sure a lot of things can be done after that.
    Last edited by Spurs_Q8; 04-06-2012 at 21:53. Reason: read (*)

Amateur

Specific training suggestion:

I've always been inspired by how George Graham worked relentlessly with the Arsenal back four to turn them into the best defensive unit in the country, despite man for man, perhaps not being the most talented individuals in their various positions. Tony Adams aside (who came through the ranks), he bought them for not much money, from lower level clubs, yet trained them to be the best.

I really think it should be made possible in the game to somehow work intensively with a group of specific defenders, and drill them relentlessly into functioning as a cohesive unit, far stronger than their individual ability. I'd love to be able to scout and sign players with, say, a high work ethic, high teamwork and high concentration, even if they're not the most talented players around, and try to turn then into the best defensive unit in the world, but I think that there needs to be made a provision in the game to do highly specific daily work with the, say, four chosen players, perhaps against 8 attacking players etc, to turn them into something great.

I don't think there's anything like this in the game, if there isn't I'd love to see something like this, and if there is - please let me know!
    Last edited by sfg; 03-06-2012 at 13:27.

Amateur

I think your own management and training stats should improve or decline as you play depending upon how successful you are doing .

It seems weird that mine have stayed exactly the same all the way through despite taking a team into the Premiership and winning it and also winning the League and FA Cups

Amateur

This might have been mentioned before, I haven't checked the whole thread yet, so sorry if it has.

In real life, teams usually issue a 'retained' and 'released' list- Maybe this could be added in, so lets say on the 1st June, we announce all the players we're going to release and the one's we want to offer contracts too.

Amateur

Default need help

1. I would like to see the price of tickets and season tickets are dynamic: the increasing reputation and success of the club sports, they need to grow. And I for example. out of the four English divisions in the Premier League, and the tickets were in the price of a few pounds.

2. !!! Please add additional statistics to the manager of "murder": when a draw or defeat with my team, head coach of the opposing team loses a job (fired).

I'd like to see:

1. Evolving rivalries. Say Man City and Tottenham are the main title rivals, they become fierce rivals with each other
    2. The map idea sounds good, gives you an insight on how far you have to go.
    3. Regens have favourite clubs. A 16 year old from Grimsby might support Grimsby and Arsenal.
    4. Regional cups. Lincolnshire Senior Cup etc.
    5. Play as lower league teams like Sheffield FC and Louth Town.

Amateur

I think you should be able to spend money on a house, and car.

Banned

Multi-monitor support either natively or through multi-login of the same user through netcode.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by nickdc View Post
    So now you're comparing the 4th most successful team in English football history to the Barcodes? Oh my!!!
    whats evertons history got to do with it, hes talking about just now and last time i checked everton like newcastle are amoung the best 2 or 3 teams ouside the top 4.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by nickdc View Post
    I'm going to repeat this because its a terrible oversight that causes big issues, but we need to be able to choose the reserve team line up. Simple as.

...And an option to play reserve and U18 league games at a different venue from the league ground for home fixtures as it messes up the pitch it does. Sometimes this happens automatically, but you don't get the choice.
    You can pick the side if you control the team, but why have a coach take the side if your not going to let him pick the team?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by tts0 View Post
    I ve been playing football manager since it was called CM 4 and always use 2d dots. I used 3D in previous FM but only for one season or less. it simply makes me laugh. As I said before, 3D is the future of this game, but it was implemented too early. It seems that developing 3D absorbs great amount of money and time every year..even 80% of resources, maybe. Thats why we have this stupid "very little steps" development policy. As i said i yet remember CM 4..it was like 10 years ago and i can see now that there(in FM12) are some features that looks almost the same as 10 years ago and what is worse, some aspects seems to be f*cked up since then. If i was a FM creator, i would implement 3D match engine only when all other aspects of the game seemed perfection. As for now we have 3D and other aspects of the game seem everything but perfection. Definetly SI invests too much time and money in 3D. Football managers is not all about 3D. If you want great-looking 3D just play FIFAM. Btw FIFAM has more developed training, transfers, sponsorship, club facilities etc. but it is unplayable because of crappy match engine. if EA improves match engine FIFAM will be better game than FM and that will be sad for all of us FM fans.

to clear all up

I LOVE THE IDEA OF 3D MATCH ENGINE IN FM BUT SI CREATED IT TOO EARLY AND NOW THEY ARE IN DEAD END.
    why do you hate the 3d match engine so bad?

Reserves

We should be able to talk with players and persuade them to go on loan since they're not in my first team plans this season.

As well as in internationals, we should have a chat with a player and have them move to another club where they can get playing time, or move to a better club for their development (like Klinsmann telling Dempsey that he should move to a Champions League club for example).

Interactions with players seem so limited imo and it could be expanded.

Amateur

Clubs should be able to become 'wanderers'. Especially when a club is already renting a ground, if they grow to the point that it is clearly too small for them and another, bigger ground is available in the same or a neighbouring town, they should be able to negotiate renting that ground. Clubs already do something similar when grounds get rebuilt. Clubs that own their ground but have no chance of expanding it further should consider the same thing until they have the finances to build a new ground.

Leagues that have no relegation, especially top divisions, should hold AGMs where the directors of each club vote on whether to expand, or (more rarely) contract the league. I appreciate this might cause some coding and licensing difficulties, but it would be a feature that would add realism to playing in franchise leagues or leagues that have to plan expansion carefully, as the K-League did in the past. It could work along the same lines as selecting feeder clubs. The board would suggest to the player some options - perhaps to leave the competition the same, invite an extra club, or two clubs, etc. Obviously this might affect cup competitions connected to this league, but I don't think it would be that difficult to work around. The editor can already manage setting default dates and structures for competitions based upon number of entrants. There could also be a failsafe added, restricting leagues to only growing by a maximum of 4 clubs ever, maybe. It should also be relatively rare for a change to the structure to occur, perhaps once or twice over a 10-year period. Clubs should be invited to the league using the same criteria they would be in reality: finances, support, ground grade and reputation. This could also work to replace clubs who've finished bottom of a closed league for a number of seasons consecutively, just to add variety. It would add realism to the SFL Division 3, in which finishing bottom for 5 (?) consecutive seasons means the club is up for re-election and could lose its place to an applicant from the Scottish regional or junior leagues.

I appreciate that the latter suggestion is a major feature, and one of those that is all-singing, all-dancing, and could be all-disastrous if it's not given a lot of thought and time. It'd also be a little bit frivolous considering the current game doesn't cope well with the all-singing, all-dancing new transfer system, and I wouldn't want to muck competitions up as well unless everything could run smoothly. I would be genuinely disappointed if the first suggestion wasn't considered though. It's just a small thing and it makes sense. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone told me I was an idiot and it's already in the game.

Amateur

Not sure if this has ever been said before but...

What I want to see in the game is a Hall of Fame for clubs that you manage.
    What I mean by this, is you can click on a tab in your history and then select " Hall of Fame.
    It then lists like the in game hall of fame but just for managers that have won stuff at that club.

Amateur

I've edit my post here in the same page #317 to add two suggestions.

Amateur

I have a feature that I think needed to be added after the initial improvements to contract talks happened
    We take a look at Chelsea's current situation; they are targeting Hulk and have appeared to be in talks for some time! However it seems to be coming to a close. My point is that I feel contracts talk are a bit too swift? It all happens in one meeting with the player and the agent. Also with Eden Hazard; Chelsea promised him a certain position I believe? That could be good to have?

Another real life scenario is that RVP seems to be taking a long time decide his future. He seems not to be only asking for a certain wage but also the guarantee that the squad will be significantly improved. I know that some player do say this when they lack ambition during the season; however I'm pretty sure that this happens in contract too? Along with many other stuff like with Eden Hazard's move to Chelsea; Chelsea promised him a certain position I believe? That could be good to have?

Amateur

An addition to the club stats screen (which doesn't have to be historical) which details from the start of a save:

1. All time top 20 scorers for the club (total over all seasons)
    2. All time top 20 appearances for the club (total over all seasons)
    3. All time top 20 assists for the club

Would be a nice statistical addition with all this information laid out like a league table.

Part-Timer

A few smaller UI things:

Arranging friendlies (especially for Youth squads):

Arranging a friendly against another youth squad is a huge hassle. When you select a date for the youth team fixture, and then want to select the opponent, the categories (Larger reputation, Smaller reputation etc) will show teams that will travel to your grounds, but selecting them arranges a match against their senior squad.

If I then select 'Choose other' I then have to either find one of the teams shown in the categories manually and then select their youth squad, or I have to try various teams until I find one that is not too far away.

I certainly don't mind that FM12 makes sure that some tier 8 team in northen England, won't send their U18 squad to Bath to play a friendly ... but I have little ways of filtering on local teams, and the categories are only useful for senior squads.

Tactics:

I don't know how many times I have clicked on one of my three tactics, set the players and clicked 'Submit Team', just to see it switch to the Starting Tactic, at which point I have to change it during Pre-match setup.

If I click on any of the tactics and it is selected when I press 'Submit team', then that is the tactic I want to play. This whole thing with selecting it as starting tactic is bothersome.

Set piece changes during match and pre-match:

Once they are changed I get a popup dialog that tells me that any changes I made are not saved ... every time!! ... I got it after the first dialog, but there is no option to not show it again.

Opposition instructions:

The opposition goalkeeper is auto selected, so you have to de-select him every single time. That is very annoying.

Team Policy:

I would like to be able to let the AssMan handle some of the AssMan responsibilities, but only for Reserves and Youth team. Like arranging friendlies and match preparation. But I don't want him to do that for the Senior squad.

Transfer Centre:

It would be nice if the transfers told me which type I was offering. Especially for staff. Neither the news item that a staff has accepted my offer, nor here shows which position I am offering. When changing all your staff, it can be hard to remember which person was getting assigned as Scout or AssMan or Coach or whatever.

Training:

When selecting a schedule for a player, please filter out ineligible schedules, like youth or PT schedules, when assigning a schedule to a Full-time player. It clutters up the list, especially for people who like to create player specific schedules.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by toon army 06 View Post
    You can pick the side if you control the team, but why have a coach take the side if your not going to let him pick the team?
    Surely being able to delegate duties is an essential part of management? After all, your coaches are working under you.

Do you think the reserves or under 18s coaches at Man United don't follow Sir Alex's instructions with regards to player development because he's only managing the first team? If a player is coming back from injury and Wenger tells his reserves coach "I want him to play 45 minutes only", do you think the response is "well Arsene, manage the reserves yourself then"?

Amateur

OFF-SEASON TRAINING CAMPS

Clubs with a good financial status should be able to go on training camps abroad. You can create like 15-20 popular off-season camp destinations. When you, the manager, decide to go on a camp like this, a special menu should pop up with the possible locations and teams who have already confirmed their presence there. Therefore, based on the dates the teams are at the camps, you could arrange friendlies or let your ass man do it. Also, if there aren't enough teams available there, you could always choose an Amateur local club.

INTERNATIONAL MANAGING

When receiving an offer from Top 70-80, it should force the manager to quit his current club. Come one, you can't be the manager of France and manage a club at the same times.

Also, add wages for National Team managers.

DECLARED FOR NATION

A very useful and important addition to the game would be the introduction of a player interaction (Int) menu where you could convince a player that is declared for another nation but also has the nationality of the country you are managing to choose your team. Say player A is French/Congolese but is declared for France. He doesn't seem to be able to make it to the French NT. Then, I, the manager of Congo, could be able to have a chat with him and try to convince him that it is better if he chooses Congo.

Amateur

why do you hate the 3d match engine so bad?
    You clearly don't understant my statement. It' s a great idea to have 3D match engine in the game, but not at the expense of the other aspects of the game. SI should make the game perfect and then try to implement the 3D, because 3D is the most difficult and most expensive thing to improve in the game, so its obvious that 3D will be priority every year. I think that at the time when SI implemented 3D, the game wasn't "ready" enough for it. 3D looks better every year, thats a fact. But you agree that everything else becomes worse or stays the same for years. Of course there are some improvements but seem very cosmetic. I would like SI to work on scouting, interactions, training, transfer market, etc., rather than 3D. There are many great ideas in this post, but i think we won't see them in the game for years. Personaly, i would love to see some medical facilities in the game and its impact on injuries recovery or prevention. It's not the newest idea in the world, so Im asking, is it so difficutl that you can't do it, or you just dont have a time, because you are busy with 3D?. And why you cant improve tactics for years? for example if i play 1-4-1-2-2-1 with 2 wingers im unable to make them play defensively enough. Look at the Chelsea London when Mourinho was the manager, they was playnig simmlar and when defending the 2 wingers were playing in the line with 2 central midfielders, but when attacking they were plauing (almost) in the line with attacker. They were also doubling the marking at the wing. Maybe im stupid, but i cant adjust that in FM. Or the set pieces creator...it's a great idea, but nothing more...it sucks in the game. it is so limited. and maybe im stupid(again), but i cant adjust long passes in tactics. Yes, there are direct passes, but its not the same. I remember that in some previous versions was a long passes option. Why did you remove that? And you know what SI? im bored as f*ck with these training sliders. Ive created a training schedule few years ago and i run it every next FM version. btw it took me about 5 minutes. Is that training all about? And as i said before scouting is a complete disaster. It wasnt perfect in previous FM's but now its even more f*cked up! How come?! and why have you created this stupid step by step developing system in club facillities or sponsorship? is that possible to win the major league in the country 3 times in a row and still have sponsorship offers at some minor league level just because few years earlier the team was in minor leage? or why the board cant improve training facilities from average level to perfect instantly if there is enough money to do so? its not even funny...its pathetic! and the most stupid thing in this version...when i buy some 18yo(or younger) youngster to my team, he has an opportunity to become home-grown player in 3 years, but when i loan him to other club he looses this opportunity immediately. how come? he is still contracted to my team and it doesnt matter if he play a tousand games on loan or none. He should be able to become home-grown player anyway. And there is more. The stupidity level in the game creation process is devastating. You can attack me and call me however you want, but think for a second...think for real; i know all of you are great FM fans, and im too, but think, am i wrong with all that? Do you really think that scouting improved in a few previous FM version? Do you really think that trainig sliders are the most realistic device to imitate real football training? Do you realy think that if player has a serious injury, great phisiotherapist will help him recover quicker even if he has to work under some earthen house? Do you really think that its ok to receive so little feedback from the game about your players form, training, frame of mind etc.? Do you really think that in the real world you cant ask your assistant about some tatcics aspects or youth coach about some prommising youngsters? I bet, you don't!!

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Having 3D has no effect on the other aspects of the game because it's done by people who just do 3D, taking them away might allow for more programmers with different expertise to be hired but those teams have already been expanded this year due to increased sales and profitability.

Hopefully we'll see evidence of that in FM13.

On a side note and without wishing to be unduly critical, it would be appreciated if you could use paragraphs etc when making such a long post, that's a very hard read.

Amateur

Default Director of football roles and match engine idea

I think that the role of the 'director of football' is vastly understated in FM. The director of football nowadays is pretty much the key to getting any deal done, they contact the club in question about inquiring about a players availability, they have several meetings with the players representative and the director of football or CEO of the club in which the player plays for and they essentially agree a fee and any clauses with the players rep. The manager nowadays only tells the director of football who he wants and its up to the director of football to go get him. Therefore, i think that in FM, SI should integrate a system by where the manager creates a shortlist of players he wants and then creates a minimum and maximum amount to pay for each player. For example, i want Torres who is valued at £50m, i tell my director of football im willing to spend a minimum of £55m and a maximum of £65m on him and its up to the director of football to get Chelsea to agree to a fee within those brackets, if he cannot then he moves on to the next target.

Another idea i think that would benefit the game is improving the match ball in the match engine. The ball in its current form doesn't seem to have any weight to it or take into account the weather in terms of wind etc. I think giving the match ball some dimension of weight and structure would really add to the realism of the match engine itself.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kriss View Post
    having 3d has no effect on the other aspects of the game because it's done by people who just do 3d, taking them away might allow for more programmers with different expertise to be hired but those teams have already been expanded this year due to increased sales and profitability.

Hopefully we'll see evidence of that in fm13.
    i can't wait to see that for years! Hope that's true!

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by santa19 View Post
    Another idea i think that would benefit the game is improving the match ball in the match engine. The ball in its current form doesn't seem to have any weight to it or take into account the weather in terms of wind etc. I think giving the match ball some dimension of weight and structure would really add to the realism of the match engine itself.
    It could do with improving but it does currently get affected by weather and surface condition, hopefully the nextgen ME will take it further.

Amateur

First I feel more default skins should be available there should be at least 10, I`m sick of downloading buggy crap and I want proper Variety.

Its also the year 2012 and I still miss games from 1994 like Ultimate Soccer Manager and so on which had basic graphics including Managers office with teletext Screen which I always found funny after Gordan Strachan once said after going top with southampton "I'm going home now to get myself a Coca-Cola and a packet of crisps and I'll sit in front of the television and look at the table on Teletext all night.”

They also had build stadium and facilities features, dressing rooms even the graphics from those games were better than what we have in 2012, they`re was just more colour and vibrancy about them games. Instead we now get a soul less game of facts and figures which basically hasn`t changed in years, even winning a trophy you could at least get the screen to flash CHAMPIONS or something.

But mainly if you asked me in 1994 what I would imagine in 2012 I would have taught we would be a long past what we have now. Its only for the love of the Football that we keep buying your game. But if you keep going down this path, start worrying because one day EA will blow you clean out of the water.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    But mainly if you asked me in 1994 what I would imagine in 2012 I would have taught we would be a long past what we have now. Its only for the love of the Football that we keep buying your game. But if you keep going down this path, start worrying because one day EA will blow you clean out of the water.
    It's sad but true! As I mentioned in previous posts, there is much more than just graphics that can't be compared to FIFAM. I don't know why. I blame implementing 3D match engine for that, but I was assured that 3D doesn't have much impact on developing the whole game. Anyway it's puzzling that the game remains almost the same for at least 10 years. If it was perfection, ok, what else they could change? Obviously it's not! Just look at FIFAM, where it was 6 years ago? It was crappy game. It's still not good enough entirely, but EA moved on and FIFAM becomes better and better every year, while FM remains almost the same. Just imagine how it gonna end!

Btw, I m also lacking of some atmosphere in the game, you know? Im not sure if some graphics will compensate that, but it has to be fixed. It' s unacceptable that I ve been asked the same questions in the press conference after winning the major league third time in a row as I had been asked when i won a stupid amateur cup! And there is another issue. I dont think that some half amateur clubs have that much press conferences as it is in the game. I bet they have 1-3 max. every year.

might seem simple, but when buying a player i would like a custom bit to put in transfer fee..

I know it doesn't take long but going to 20 and then clicking to 27 can be tedious at times

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    This is what I'd like to see - a faster more efficient way of offering contracts

This HAS to happen.

Amateur

I've mentioned this before on previous occasions, but it's something that would help a hell of a lot.

Currently, when a player is injured in a match you only get a vague description of the injury ('has a potential upper leg injury'), and only when you click on the player's profile and leave the game.

In real life, it's generally quite easy to guess what sort of injury a player has, like a twisted ankle or a hamstring pull. Why can we not have this level of detail in game? After all, physios are generally able to diagnose with a decent level of accuracy what's wrong with a player before they leave the pitch.

In practice, I would have the injury indicator next to a players name ont he tactics screen either clickable or have a tooltip attached to it, with a message describing the injury suffered by the player in question. This would be very useful for players who have a injury that doesn't have to come off - currently you have to guess what's wrong with them and whether to keep him on or not. An 'upper body injury' could be anything from a bruised rib to broken ribs, with very different consequences if he's kept on the pitch.

It would make it a bit more realistic in-game, as nowadays clubs at all levels can get quick physio reports when they run onto the pitch for treatment. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but surely it can't be that hard?

Banned

Hi!
    I'm from Poland. Something like this:

there are options that can be sent to your social networking data from the game is able to do that in the middle and at the end of each season are sent stocks players' accounts, of course, taking into account the season in which he plays the manager, and at the end of each month, this in real life, do ranking of the season, and 3 of the best people get some gifts or other crap associated with FM, you can also do division in the league, for example: third English league season 2012/2013 and three person with the biggest earnings get something or are in such like "Hall of Fame Finance Online" the same could be done with the achievements of club, league, cups

sorry for bugs, it's from translate online: polish -> english

Amateur

I would like to be able to adjust staff budgets as well,or just unify the budgets.

Too many times I wanted to sign a decent coach for my LL team but the lowest they will tale is £375 a week and all I can offer is £350 a we

Amateur

Mine are separated into 2 parts

You can do it:

1. Ball Boys
    2. Assman should not get credit for Manager of the Month if i'm getting credit for everything else. It just doesn't make any sense to punish my simulating with a contradiction.
    3. Easier re-signings.
    4. Beyond our negotiating skills (patients), for the most part, players should not be demanding higher wages when dropping a league level or 2.
    5. Ticked Option to take control of team talks when playing that overrides the directions to have the AM do it.

Can it be done?

1. At times during a Key Moment, it appears my simple "cross often" instruction is clearly not understood. The Wing player simply cannot make the decision and instead makes a short pass directly to an opposing player who bombs it down to their ST and scores.
    All things taken into consideration, "cross often" isn't a brain skill or a nerve ending. It's my instruction. It is looked for and done especially in simple and easily allowed situations.
    Now i'm in the understanding that a Key Moment isn't what is exactly happening. It's an interpretation of whats supposed to happen. The CPU team was given the KM to score except i had the ball. How do we get the ball in the feet of the CPU? Simple, by giving it to them.

So my request is: redefine what a Key Moment is. It can't just be a calculation of something equaling what appears to be something special like say a long string of passes because those might lead to absolutely nothing. I've also seen moments where my GK freaked out unchallenged and kicks the ball out of play. Show me what you think is happening. Don't just force it down my throat.

Amateur

I got one request

when you have your assistant dealing with the youth team and you got him playing your first team tactics

ask him to lock a player in a particular position and make sure he is the first choice in that position(say STCR) and you want to lock him there as a advanced forward so you can see how he fares in that role for the youth team before you decide he can make the step up for the first team in the same position(and the same role)

Amateur

Oh and adding place of birth in the manager profile so managers who succeed get more recognition for managing their local team

Amateur

Being able to have databases from old version's of the game. That would be the best, I often really want to go back and play and old version of the game but its just not as good as the current version. They could make it so that you can only use databases of game you had and SI could sell old databases online to get people to buy ones that they don't have. To me this doesn't seem too complicated particularly for the databases from the last few seasons where all the stats are the same. I'd also love, in the future, for FM to bring out old 'legends' databases that would - eventually - allow you to start off in any seasons from say 1960 onwards. Obviously that would take a long time and I think it'd be great for the future but I'd definitely love to see old databases, even if its just the last four or five years, in FM 13.

Semi Pro

Would it be possible to show re-arranged matches due to Internationals before offering the option to set player instructions regarding upcoming friendly Internationals? It's getting pretty old restricting players to 45 minutes only to find the club game/s I want my player fit for has/have been postponed to a later date!

Lurker

I think this is a good idea, although very realistic - That there is an option for your manager to have a son. It would work by creating them as a Regen (obviously) with an option for twins. Their could be a screen start up menu (just like the one when creating a new manager) with options such as names, nationalities etc etc. Could add a great fresh feel into the realism of FM, as in real life it has happened. Would be cool to also choose if he wants to become a wonderkid.

One main benefit this would have is that more people would actually take more care of their youth and actually focus on building a strong, potential title winning team.

Amateur

I would like to be able to send my coaching staff on specific levels of coaching courses to improve their stats over a period of time

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by pheniox64 View Post
    I think this is a good idea, although very realistic - That there is an option for your manager to have a son. It would work by creating them as a Regen (obviously) with an option for twins. Their could be a screen start up menu (just like the one when creating a new manager) with options such as names, nationalities etc etc. Could add a great fresh feel into the realism of FM, as in real life it has happened. Would be cool to also choose if he wants to become a wonderkid.

One main benefit this would have is that more people would actually take more care of their youth and actually focus on building a strong, potential title winning team.
    There's a 10000:1 chance in each youth intake that your son will appear in your club.

Amateur

My Wish List

1. I’d really like being able to send a scout to look for new young players (That Was Not Generated by The Game) in a continent.
    2. I Also Want to See the U-17 WorldCup

Semi Pro

I've just had a thought on something that needs changing, probably been mentioned in the past already.

I'm managing club and international teams, and whilst on England duty it would be nice to be able to rest a tired player for a day between games if we have games say on the 17th and 22nd, but seen as the player is not at my club, i have no interaction with his training during international games.

Suggestion : Allow the user to have control of a players training for national team during call ups only. Makes sense to have this option and wouldn't give any insight into his clubs training schedule.

Amateur

whats evertons history got to do with it, hes talking about just now and last time i checked everton like newcastle are amoung the best 2 or 3 teams ouside the top 4.
    NS Sherlock.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CityAndColour View Post
    Surely being able to delegate duties is an essential part of management? After all, your coaches are working under you.

Do you think the reserves or under 18s coaches at Man United don't follow Sir Alex's instructions with regards to player development because he's only managing the first team? If a player is coming back from injury and Wenger tells his reserves coach "I want him to play 45 minutes only", do you think the response is "well Arsene, manage the reserves yourself then"?
    Exactly. You want specific players getting match fit, given preference in selection or position yet you can't influence line up.

Amateur

More information where it's needed.

Example: a player picks up a knock. What I want to know?
    1. How he feels with it
    2. What kind of possible injury is that

None of that appears to me automatically. For 1 I have to open the motivation window (assuming that I haven't), for 2 I have to go to player profile, then to attributes if they don't open by default, and then i see "has a potential knee injury". I get forced out of the match screen to see information relevant only during the match!

Consistency of information

There's all sorts of stupid mix-ups, from stats being counted in different ways on every screen (like player profile - the apps/goals panel in overview shows different numbers than his history) to records being split into two types, historical time and game time, which leads to stupid news saying that I lost on aggregate for the first time in club's history.

Less useless stuff

We never needed conversation tones. We never needed the code that recognizes when I add, for example, "penis" as a comment during press conferences, and says in the news that I "launched into a stream of expletives". Seriously, who comes up with that stuff in SI? Who approves such waste of time when for years we can't get...

...Sensible match AI

Well, yeah. I could write a book on that. Soon it won't look like football. From senseless head-ons by strikers (never seen anyone do that), full-backs NEVER stretching play (average position of a line-hugging wing back at the same width as that of an inside forward) to purely ******** defenders.

Better national team management, but I guess that's in plans anyway

all in all, just test it properly for once.
    Last edited by machete; 07-06-2012 at 22:38.

Amateur

Just a bit more intelligence by the AI. If a player gets sent off, they should adapt their game to attack the vulnerable areas, other teams should be 'scouting' you and making a not eof your weaknesses.

I'd like to see some clubs having transfers done from above your head, ie a sporting director. I'm not sure hwo this would be implemented but it could be interesting. For example Graham Carr at Newcastle, conversations could be held in the boardroom screen with your sporting director and the board, discussing whether one of their agreed deals is appropriate. You could argue this player isn't good enough, you can get better, propose this player. Cold be good and is realistic- most clubs now operate this way.

And if a player is sold by the board, the ability to moan about it to them, maybe resign a matyr!

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I would like a feature to see new Stadiums currently being built (their capacity, cost, whose stadium etc...). And when you advance in the game, then you can see the new stadiums that had been built since the start of the game.

This wouldn't improve the game, but I don't think it's hard to do either, a neat feature for some who play a lot of seasons, it would be interesting to see who has built new stadiums...

Amateur

Separate the news and inbox again. I like to know what is happening in my league, but I don't want it clogging my inbox. This is one of the reasons I prefer FM10 over FM11 and 12.

Allow a way to criticise referees other than in press conferences. So many times I've been wanting to criticise the refereeing for poor, bias games, but haven't had the post-match press conference to do it in... A simple 'comment on referee' button on the ref's profile will do the trick.

Referees have visible attributes.

Putting names behind 'The FA'.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    When players come to you because they want first-team football, we need options to say:

1. I told you when you signed you were a backup, be patient

2. The team is playing really well at the moment, you'll have to wait for your chance

Agree with this, also an option for younger players......'you're young, you do have a future at this club, but be patient.'
    I get 18 year olds complaining because they aren't playing every week

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Danno80 View Post
    Separate the news and inbox again. I like to know what is happening in my league, but I don't want it clogging my inbox. This is one of the reasons I prefer FM10 over FM11 and 12.
    This, since the news feeds were merged it has become all too easy to miss important messages relating to your team. I've lost count of how many coaches/scouts I've had leave because I missed the news item telling me of an approach among the 40+ news items.

I know it's my own fault but the older system worked better & had an appearance closer to my real life outlook were I have set up rules for emails from defined contacts to be placed in a different sub-folder.

Amateur

Sorry if this has been mentioned...

conversations with players that you are in negotiations with. For example, as well as offering a contract to the player, you have an informal chat wih him and persuade him using the history of the club or the fans....'you can contribute to our great history'....'or you are the perfect player that our fans adore.' This can then make negotiations less about money, of course this can be affected by the player involved as well. Certain players will be more bothered about these factors than the usual financially motivated players.

Amateur

I think quite a few players, at least the very best ones, should get stroppy if they're not played in their preferred (not necessarily best) position. I don't think they'd be happy about it irl so...

unless it's already in (haven't played '12 sadly, due to steam)

Amateur

3 things:

1 - Firstly (and this might need to be posted in a bugs forum I don't know.) Can the managers that international teams appoint be looked at. I holidayed through a few decades and in the 3 years I have played since (2023-2026) England have appointed 2 managers with 0 experience. Not just a poor reputation I mean they have never managed a single game. Surely international managers at top nations (i.e. top 100 probably) have to be among the top of their field.

2 - More options when starting the game. Currently only semi professional to international. Can you not at least add club legend to it? I may have a low reputation but I played for the club for 10 years meaning the fans are more accepting?

3 - A slightly off the wall idea but (slightly linked to point 2). I have just started a career game where I holidayed through about 20 years to create the feeling that I was retired after that many years playing. It occured to me that an option when starting the game might be to determine the level of your playing career i.e. starting out as a teenager at Man Utd's youth or a amateur club. Determining your "potential" i.e. -10 or -2 (which would ensure you either started the manager role as a semi professional, international etc) and the game then essentially creates 20 odd years of game and creating your back story. When you start you might have had a nomadic existance, played at the top for 20 years, won countless trophies or never won a thing etc. I guess you'd have to start then as unemployed but the types of clubs coming knocking would be determined by your standing post playing.

Just thought this might be a more interesting approach for those who like to start the game once all the real players are retired (or close to)

Amateur

Totally agree with the player history idea, been missing it since they changed it.

Amateur

3D Camera Angles

1 - The behind the goal cam - can you please make this dynamic so that its behind whichever goal the action is at. I don't want to watch from the other end of the pitch (I use this for replays)

2 - As many have asked for can we have dug-out cam or at least can you make the touchline cam lower so that its pitch level?

3 - Option to choose a first and second half vantage point as part of manager options - its fairly common for a manager to spend the first half in the stands and the second in the dug-out. Perhaps also make something of it in commentary if you decide to come down to the dug-out during the first half?

4 - In the stands view needs to be dynamic to the type of stadium

Amateur

Simple things for me, a choice of kit change especially on a long term save when you reach 2025 still in the same kit. Nothing fancy just say a choice of kits
    Also back up to the first team to mean just that, ie don't come to my office after 2 months wanting to know why you are not being picked

Amateur

I would like to see your responses' to the media carry more consequences; supporters have long memories so if you engage in a war of words with a manager at a particular club I think it should follow you and, say, make it much harder to be appointed manager of that club in the future.

Furthering that idea, when playing in a continental tournament you perhaps could be asked about your opinion of another country's football, are you a fan or not? Again if you're rude it could have implications about your getting a job in that country in the future if the opportunity arose, on the other hand it could endear you to the country you're in.

Are presidential elections in the game yet? If not I really hope that they will be in '13, because they can have such a big impact on the club involved, the wider transfer market and the balance of power in the footballing world.

One more thing, if you are successful for a period of time, I really think that a decent number of newgens coming into the game, across the globe if you were successful enough, maybe even years into the future, should have your club as a favoured club, with some of your (now former probably) players featuring as favoured personnel as well as yourself too.

Lots of people are what some call ''glory hunters'', or at the least are inspired by the stars' of the day when they start out playing, so I think it would be great to see that more in the game, so you have '' I grew up idolising player x so it's a dream to play for the same side as he did'' or ''I dreamt of playing for such and such a manager when I used to watch his sides on tv''

Again I think it would really help to add to the feeling that what you do in the game is important and affects the whole game world, not that your success is just forgotten when the season, or your career, ends.

Just to say also, love the change of kit idea above
    Last edited by sfg; 10-06-2012 at 11:15.

Semi Pro

How about an option, under Opposition Instructions, to double up on the Ronaldos of this world.

Semi Pro

It's been mentioned before (probably in this thread tbh) but tabs would be fantastic. No idea if this is even possible, though you could maybe cap it at a maximum of three and it would obviously make the game run slower. Would be great though if you're doing something else and see a player or a news item you want to view as well.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by kevgaleuk View Post
    3D Camera Angles

1 - The behind the goal cam - can you please make this dynamic so that its behind whichever goal the action is at. I don't want to watch from the other end of the pitch (I use this for replays)
    You just need to select the 'reverse' option to switch to the other goal.

Semi Pro

In the A-League, it would be nice if we had a special player list (similar to the Wikipedia tables: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League#Marquee_player ) which listed which players are in the marquee spots for each club.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    You just need to select the 'reverse' option to switch to the other goal.
    Unfortunately that only switches the goal. If a goal is then scored at the other end from the one you've switched at it still shows the length of the pitch. What I am asking is that the camera is always behind the goal of the action. So no switching to look from one end or the other it simply is behind the goal action whether its your team or the other

Amateur

1. Dynamic club rivalries

2. Dynamic club tactical identities and manager legacies

3. Smarter squad building and tactical AI

4. AI able to analyse players and change their position and training to suit their attribute spread rather their inappropriate natural positions

5. More varied and dynamic development model to make youth development less linear

6. More in-depth backroom staff and facilities including sports scientists, nutritionists, alternative therapists (yoga etc), tactical data analysts and the juggling of budgets, benefits and problems that come with it all. I've writing a few expanded notes on this idea in another thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...in-future-FM-s

7. Customisable junior training - the ability to create our own Le Masia-esque academies at the high end, imprinting our own ideologies on our youngest prospects, at high cost of course!

Semi Pro

I would like a new PPM "Takes Early Shot"

This should not require a stronger "weaker foot" but rely more on the players Decisions, Agility, Balance, and Technique (maybe Determination also).
    As these attributes increase, so the player will be more likely to pull off a quick, short shuffle of the feet or slightly over-reach a pace, to poke the ball past a GK who hasn't quite set himself.

Amateur

There was a thread on Reddit this morning about the possibility of charting a player's growth from when he joined your club up to the present day. It's an interesting feature and I'd love to see some possibility of it happening. Perhaps on the "Attributes" page, where you have the checkbox to show recent trends in attribute changes, you could have a drop-down to show particular growth over say, the last 6 months, or a year, or you can pull up the exact numbers from when they first joined your side (as a transfer, regen or otherwise) and see the exact progress a player has made over a longer timespan.

Semi Pro

A way to immediately reject all co-ownership offers, and being able to make that policy clear to your players when you sign them.

Co-ownership is a big stink.

Amateur

I'd like to see no limitations on reserves/youths. What I mean is in the editor the ability to turn all teams reserves/youths on and see them show up the first year. I'm sure some would drop out the second year for financial or other reasons. For example. A English or Scottish pyramid that goes down say nine levels with all teams starting off with reserve/youth teams. Right now I can go into the editor and turn on all the reserve/youth teams for a nine level pyramid, but some of the reserve/youth teams don't so up. I know it's not completely realistic, but just to have the ability to do it would be nice.

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    I would like a new PPM "Takes Early Shot"

This should not require a stronger "weaker foot" but rely more on the players Decisions, Agility, Balance, and Technique (maybe Determination also).
    As these attributes increase, so the player will be more likely to pull off a quick, short shuffle of the feet or slightly over-reach a pace, to poke the ball past a GK who hasn't quite set himself.
    On a slightly related note, I think GKs should also have dedicated PPMs.

One I think would be very appropriate, especially in the modern game, is something like 'Kicks/Throws Ball upfield quickly'. Even at lower levels, this is something which is becoming much more common and is a valued trait in a keeper. Crucially, for the purpose of in-game mechanics, the match engine can use a combination of decisions and kicking/throwing to calculate how good the actual attempt is and how well-judged it is.

The behaviour of GKs in the match engine really needs to be overhauled and the range of animations extended. I'm hopeful that the match engine which is being worked on will improve this.

Lurker

Default Tabs

I have found that after using the latest versions of Internet browsers, I keep wanting to open tabs within Football Manager. I think there would be many benefits to this, one in particular would be when searching for players it would allow you to open tabs for each player profile you want to look at as you move through the search.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

I've said it before: SI need to tweak the effect of red cards. If anything, a team in FM12 (and in FM11 and in FM10) is more likely to score more goals whenever they get a player sent off. Crazy. I know... They play more offensive since they have noting to lose, but god damn it, teams in real life do not have to play ultra defensive whenever they have a one player avantage on the field.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    A way to immediately reject all co-ownership offers, and being able to make that policy clear to your players when you sign them.

Co-ownership is a big stink.
    It's not that bad, actually. It's comparable to rent-to-buy housing, where you take a partial equity stake and therefore theoretically the same proportion in risks and rewards.

In some cases, buying might be too expensive or risky, while loaning might be too cheap (i.e. you can't get anyone good on loan) or not risky enough.

Co-ownership suits Italian clubs just fine and I think it's an approach that might work in the UK to reduce transfer fees at lower levels. It's good to get rid of players you can't sell (co-ownerships reduce your losses if you can't move players on) or sign more players than your budget allows (in the same way that a squad of loanees is cheaper than a squad of owned players - co-ownership is in-between).

Banned

Thing's I'd like to see

1) Easier contract renewal when I get the years reminder on contracts expiring
    2) The J-League. I love J-League football and I get frustrated that I can't play it when I use to be able to in CM
    3) Instead of giving me £90 Million transfer budget... clear the £60 Million debt the club has! That frustrates me at times and would make more sense!

Other than that I love this game

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I've said it before: SI need to tweak the effect of red cards. If anything, a team in FM12 (and in FM11 and in FM10) is more likely to score more goals whenever they get a player sent off. Crazy. I know... They play more offensive since they have noting to lose, but god damn it, teams in real life do not have to play ultra defensive whenever they have a one player avantage on the field.
    I know this is no reasoning but Chelsea against Barca? Lost John Terry and still managed to score two goals. I do completely agree with you that when the opposition lose a player they seem to play better BUT if managed correctly it can give you a massive advantage. I had a discussion with Cleon about it somewhere and since then Ive never lost a game or ended up worse off after losing a player.

On the new features note, Id like to see more advanced options to change a players position. For example for Barca when Abidal and Alves get forward Busquets drops into the backline creating a back three which keeps the defence solid. No matter how much i tweak mentality and player roles/instructions he always pushes forward and I can never get him to drop in. I want him to drop in and PIque and Puyol to push out wider but its impossible with the current tactic creator.

Not slating the current version because I love the game just think it could be a little more advanced

Semi Pro

I'd like there to be a countdown to the kick off of every match.

Semi Pro

More variation in how players turn out
    E.g. One save a player becomes one of the worlds best players and another save he gets a long term injury and doesnt fully develop. Also stop allowing players peaking when their 20.

Amateur

Database optimization - 8GB support - faster processing. Despite my machine being half decent, it still lags!

Amateur

Besides the things I've mentioned before in this thread, I would like to see a bunch of new playable leagues in the game. I mean the leagues which have 3 or more reputation stars although. I really miss Saudi Arabian league, Japanesse league, Cypriot league, Bolivian league, or Paraguayan league. I know that there are some additional leagues that i can download, but its not the same as the original ones!

Lurker

I love FM 2008. In my opinion, it has just the right amount of detail so that playing a season doesn't take an absolute eternity. I realise a lot of people like the new features added to the games since then though.

What I'd really love to see is a game where you can play past seasons with the players from the past, say from the 80s and 90s. I've downloaded databases from different seasons that people have done, but there are always a lot of details that are way off. I played one where Steve Guppy was a defensive midfielder and Chris Bart-Williams was a right winger. I'd love to see past seasons done right, with the right level of research and proper coding by SI to make it work properly.

Reserves

In nations like Italy, where there is no reserve team league, I would love to have an option of instructing the assistant manager to arrange friendlies for the reserve team during the season, and not just during the preseason. Could be like one every two weeks or thereabout, just enough to at least keep backups from being "Severely lacking in match fitness" when needed. Obviously you can do this yourself, but it would be a very helpful addition.

Amateur

One thing i'd like to see changed is if an agent gets the huff and cancels negotiations, the game says that 'your club' has cancelled negotiations with the player. But the club hasn't, it's his agent. I'll give him the player the world, but I wont give his agent a penny. That's the issue, so shouldn't it say that the player's agent has cancelled negotiations, not the club?

And shouldn't this also impact upon whether the player keeps his agent or not, shouldn't I be able to speak directly to the player i've been given permission to talk to? Because I would very much make it worth his while to leave his agent, so to turn down a dream move and a lottery winners salary, he'd have to like his agent a WHOLE lot to stay with him on his current pittance i'd have thought!

In fact why shouldn't I be able to make such an offer to any of my players? Leave your agent and i'll make it worth your while to either be without one, or to go to one I approve of? They might refuse, but I think I should be able to offer the idea to them.
    Last edited by sfg; 14-06-2012 at 17:35.

Lurker

Could you also please try to fix the "bug" when there is a disallowed goal..

The game reacts differently and you can instantly see that the goal will be disallowed.. I would like that to go away..

Part-Timer

What about the option to play womens football instead of mens?

More info in my thread in the editors hideaway: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...58#post7892758

Amateur

I would seriously like Si to either remove or fix the pop up box asking if you want to sub injured players or keep them on . It is totally annoying when you click keep them on only for the game to decide they are too injured to continue and you have to sub them

Better ass man AI . I have yet to see any point to having one
    if you ask them to do team talks it is virtually always do it for the fans
    After matches and your team has been thrashed where they should have won its almost always tell them they played well
    Last edited by Bobble2002; 15-06-2012 at 18:10.

Amateur

I'd like to see better newgens/regens. As it is now, there are less and less good players the more your save file progresses. Makes playing past the careers of current players kind of pointless. It definitely needs some tweaking in my opinion.

Bad regens should be slightly better. I mean, a lot of the generated youth players generated are so bad a big team wouldn't even consider them as a backup for their youth squads. There should also be a bit more of the really good regens (why: see above).

I'd also like to see scouting and feeder clubs having a slightly bigger impact on what kinds of players you get through your youth intake.

I would also like to see some fixes to player generation. Such as players with second nationalities having names corresponding to the wrong nationality (Bosnians with Swedish names for instance) or players with names that don't match their nationality (players from French overseas territories like Guadeloupe/Martinique having Spanish names in stead of French for instance). Edit: These examples are how it is currently, it should be reversed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast