Differences between FM12 and FM11

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help me out - in your experiences, what have been improved between 11 and 12? If you own both games, are you happy that 12 represents £20-25 worth of improvement? I appreciate anyone's comments - it's proving difficult finding out what the differences are between 11 and 12 using Google searches.

I've recently gone back to FM 11 so I can probably help you :)

I prefer 11. It just feels, I don't know, cleaner than FM 12. I got 12 for the add/remove feature, but it didn't really do much to my games, as I only added La Liga once in all 10 games I played.

I breeze through seasons in 11 as well. I've had 3 main saves so far, Peterborough, England and Man United and I did a season in a day on my England game. On my league games, it's taken me an absolute maximum of 4 days to finish a season, whereas it used to take me at least 2 weeks on FM 12.

I prefer 11 overall, although if you want 3D (I play in 2D) 12 will obviously be better :)

It sounds like 12 is mainly going to be about a roster update, so it seems like my best option is to stick with 11, and just download (or make) a data update.

Magicz, I'm pretty sure 11 is in 3D, isn't it? When I watch a game, it's definitely 3D? Is 12 better at this, graphically?

I might stick to 11, and wait for 13. I'd expect a bigger jump in all areas from 11 to 13.

I've recently gone back to FM 11 so I can probably help you :)

I prefer 11. It just feels, I don't know, cleaner than FM 12. I got 12 for the add/remove feature, but it didn't really do much to my games, as I only added La Liga once in all 10 games I played.

I breeze through seasons in 11 as well. I've had 3 main saves so far, Peterborough, England and Man United and I did a season in a day on my England game. On my league games, it's taken me an absolute maximum of 4 days to finish a season, whereas it used to take me at least 2 weeks on FM 12.

I prefer 11 overall, although if you want 3D (I play in 2D) 12 will obviously be better :)

Opinions like that was exactly what I was after - someone with experience of both. The speed issue surprises me - is 12 a lot slower than 11, or is there just more options to play with?

£8 is a good price for what might effectively be a data update, but I'm thinking if I get it, I'll want another update in 6 weeks or so when the season starts, so I'll hold out until FM13.

Thanks, appreciate your comments.

Archived