+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Differences between FM12 and FM11

Amateur

Default Differences between FM12 and FM11

Hi,

Quick question - I have searched the forum, including the FM2012 FAQ, but I can't find a comprehensive list of the changes, updates, improvements, etc between FM11 and FM12.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

There's no such list, you'd really need to read all the blogs to compile one, you can get to them from here http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ntained-within

Amateur

In that case, could someone who's played both let me know what the significant differences are, in their opinion?

I have FM11, and am wondering whether it's worth getting FM12? What benefits would I see/experience?

Also, does anyone know of any data updates for FM11?

Amateur

Can anyone help me out - in your experiences, what have been improved between 11 and 12? If you own both games, are you happy that 12 represents £20-25 worth of improvement? I appreciate anyone's comments - it's proving difficult finding out what the differences are between 11 and 12 using Google searches.

Semi Pro

The add/remove leagues feature was a main selling point. Sadly adding leagues is bugged so I wouldn't buy the game for that. Other than that there weren't any major changes. Redesigned team talks, some UI changes but not much else.

Amateur

Players updated / added / deleted, new rules. It's less than £8 to buy now, you really don't need to know anything more.

Amateur

I've recently gone back to FM 11 so I can probably help you

I prefer 11. It just feels, I don't know, cleaner than FM 12. I got 12 for the add/remove feature, but it didn't really do much to my games, as I only added La Liga once in all 10 games I played.

I breeze through seasons in 11 as well. I've had 3 main saves so far, Peterborough, England and Man United and I did a season in a day on my England game. On my league games, it's taken me an absolute maximum of 4 days to finish a season, whereas it used to take me at least 2 weeks on FM 12.

I prefer 11 overall, although if you want 3D (I play in 2D) 12 will obviously be better

Amateur

I think a lot of people mainly buy the new games for the roster updates. I know it's one of the reasons that I always buy they new version. The add/remove leagues if a nice feature if it works, as are the team meetings.

Amateur

It sounds like 12 is mainly going to be about a roster update, so it seems like my best option is to stick with 11, and just download (or make) a data update.

Magicz, I'm pretty sure 11 is in 3D, isn't it? When I watch a game, it's definitely 3D? Is 12 better at this, graphically?

I might stick to 11, and wait for 13. I'd expect a bigger jump in all areas from 11 to 13.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Magicz View Post
    I've recently gone back to FM 11 so I can probably help you

I prefer 11. It just feels, I don't know, cleaner than FM 12. I got 12 for the add/remove feature, but it didn't really do much to my games, as I only added La Liga once in all 10 games I played.

I breeze through seasons in 11 as well. I've had 3 main saves so far, Peterborough, England and Man United and I did a season in a day on my England game. On my league games, it's taken me an absolute maximum of 4 days to finish a season, whereas it used to take me at least 2 weeks on FM 12.

I prefer 11 overall, although if you want 3D (I play in 2D) 12 will obviously be better
    Opinions like that was exactly what I was after - someone with experience of both. The speed issue surprises me - is 12 a lot slower than 11, or is there just more options to play with?

£8 is a good price for what might effectively be a data update, but I'm thinking if I get it, I'll want another update in 6 weeks or so when the season starts, so I'll hold out until FM13.

Thanks, appreciate your comments.

Amateur

I found 12 slower, but it might be due to a difference in laptop speeds. My new laptop is a lot quicker than my old one...

+ Reply to Thread