FA Academy Game Thread

Due to some strange bug with coaches, it's taken a bit longer to get started than I'd like.

But, the FA Academy is now open!

I will post updates in a simple fashion, posting the score, scorers and ratings (out of 10 - I can't stand the x.y ratings).

If you guys want screenshots I'll do them on request only.

One last thing that may be important to some is that all 25 of you are under the same agent, Steve Strong, who I created with 15s in all stats.

Firsts:

First Goalscorer: Geraint Alacarde

First Hattrick:

First to appear for England:

First Red Card:

First to retire:

First to be forced to leave:

I have loaded top and second tiers from several important nations, so that they will behave properly and make a hard time for me trying to sign our players.

We won in friendlies against Birmingham (3-0), Ayr (7-0), and Falkirk and Carrick (both 4-0), but also lost 3-2 to QPR.

On to the league!

I am going to try a standard 4-4-2 tactic, at least at first. 4-4-2 Diamond is also being worked on in training.

Match 1: Notts County 0-2 FA Academy (Alacarde, own goal)

Ganoosh 7, Kemp 7 (McRumber 6), Stothard 7, Dolle 7, Davies 8, Alacarde 8 (Scott 7), Akinfewa 7, Harkness 7, Willingham 7, Jones 7, Brown 7.

Unused subs: Kantenda, Balmer, Talbott

A good first match, though nothing special. Geraint Alacarde steals the 'first goal' award from the strikers!

Ugh. I'm not pleased.

Last night, just after the 7-0 game, I quit FM for the night. It did NOT come up with 'do you want to save?', but when I went back in, I found it had wiped the 7-0 win. :@

I'll replay that game and then do the requested screenshots.

Carling Cup 1st Round: Charlton Athletic 0-4 FA Academy (Jones 3, own goal)

Ganoosh 8, Kemp 8, Stothard 8, Thomas 8, Davies 9, Alacarde 7 (McRumber 7), Akinfewa 7 (Balmer), Umar 8, Willingham 7, Jones 10, Brown 7 (Talbott 7)

Unused subs: Kandenta, Ginsberg, Scott, Poulsen

Ugh. I'm not pleased.

Last night, just after the 7-0 game, I quit FM for the night. It did NOT come up with 'do you want to save?', but when I went back in, I found it had wiped the 7-0 win. :@

I'll replay that game and then do the requested screenshots.

Luckily for me i was an un-used sub in both matches!! :)

Match 2: FA Academy (Jones 2, Poulson 2, Stothard)5-1 Charlton Athletic[/b]

Ganoosh 7, Kemp 8, Stothard 9, Thomas 8, Davies 7 (McRumber 7), Scott, Poulson 10, Umar 9, Ginsberg 7, Jones 9(Talbott), Brown 7

Unused subs: Kandenta, Balmer, Alacarde

Poor defending allowed a goal, but a tactical change resulted in five replies that in reality could and should have been more - we had ten shots on target.

I'll do the requested screenshots after the Wycombe game.

We drew Liverpool at Anfield in the Carling Cup, and Stevenage at home in the JPT.

• 2 weeks later...

Match 3: Wycombe 1-4 FA Academy (Brown, Jones 3)

Ganoosh 7, Duffy 7, Stothard 8, Dolle 7, Davies 7, Scott 7, Poulson 7, Umar 8, Ginsberg 7(McRumber), Jones 10(Alacarde 7), Brown 9 (Talbot 7). Unused subs: Kandenta, Balmer

Another easy win, spoiled only by Ganoosh's own goal.

I'll do screenshots at the end of August so everyone has some stats (is there a way to mass-do these?)

Match 4: FA Academy (Brown, Willingham, Scott pen) 3-0 Stevenage

Ganoosh 7, Duffy 7, Stothard 8, Thomas 7, Davies 7, Scott 7, Poulson 7, Umar 7, Willingham 8, Jones 8, Brown 8 (Talbott 7)

Brown was 'injured' in the match, but no injury was reported.

For the Liverpool game I will début the important match post layout.

Carling Cup (Football League Cup) 2nd Round: Liverpool vs FA Academy - Anfield Stadium

Tuesday, 23rd August 2011. KO: 1900

FA Academy team:

1 Baba Ganoosh GK

14 Steve Duffy RB

2 Lewis Davies LB

18 Jake Stothard CB

6 James Thomas CB

4 Arron Balmer DM

8 Kris Scott RM

11 Ace Willingham LM

7 Omar Brown ST

9 Danny Jones ST

Substitutes:

19 Gavin Kandenta (GK)

15 Joe McRumber

12 John Harkness

22 Geraint Alacarde

20 David Ginsberg

25 Brett Stevens

10 David Akinfewa

Tactic: 4-4-2 Diamond (first time we've used this)

Pre-match prediction: Liverpool win

My prediction: Draw

Report:

Within a minute, we came under attack, but Jordan Henderson sent the ball flying far over the crossbar. The next few minutes were tense for both sides, neither getting very close to the goal. Then, in the 13th minute, Omar managed to get past Martin Kelly. His cross was whipped in, but it went straight at Reina in the Liverpool goal. The Spaniard deflected it away - right onto the path of Kris Scott! A delighted Scott headed the ball home!

In the 23rd minute, James brought down a Liverpool forward and earned himself a yellow card. Jonjo Shelvey blasted the freekick over the bar, but it was Shelvey who later scored for Liverpool, a headed goal that we perhaps could have cleared better.

Danny had to be carried off after the 32nd minute, forcing me to bring on Brett, who was playing his first match since his own injury, on sooner than I would have liked.

It was not long before we re-took the lead, though, as James rose beautifully from a corner and planted the ball firmly into the net, dismaying the Kop End. Things remained this way until well after half-time, when I swapped a tired Elliott with David Akinfewa. Some others were looking tired, but I decided to save my third sub, as we were in the 63rd minute and an injury was still highly possible. The game continued to play itself out in midfield, with not much action of note, until the 75th minute. Omar again broke away down the left, but this time, he beat Reina! It was 3-1! At this point I took Steve Duffy, who was knackered, off in favour of Joe McRumber.

The third goal seemed to kill Liverpool off, who merely achieved two more bookings and nearly lost another goal, to a brilliant effort from one of Willingham's free kicks.

Final score: Liverpool 1-3 FA Academy (Scott, Thomas, Brown)

Ganoosh 7, Duffy 7 (McRumber), Stothard 7, Thomas 8, Davies 7, Balmer 7, Scott 8, Willingham 7, Talbott 7 (Akinfewa 7), Jones 7 (Stephens 7), Brown 9

In the third round we face Manchester United at home

Archived