Fun with Big Club Release Clause

Just lost a young talented key player based on his BCRC!

To make things worse all my players where unhappy afterwards with my decision to let him go? Was not my decision!

Is this intended?

• SI Staff

If a player leaves then rightly or wrongly at present the manager is blamed for it - it is partially your fault as you let the player have that clause and didn't negotiate a deal without one, however I do agree it might be more appropriate if at least some of the time the ire was directed at the player not yourself ...

Hi Marc

At least I can follow your argument.

Another issue is the annoying fact that former "old" star players or players not delivering as expected are causing bad mute too if you sell them. I guess FMH is not taken into account recent performance, actual star ratings or age? What triggers that my players are annoyed if a so called "star player" is leaving the team.

To find out more, I checked very often the ratings of those players and realized that most of them will be still picked by my assistant coach or rated as key members of the team completely ignoring age, recent and annual performance or ability ratings (terrible sometimes) at all?

I recommend to review this system diligently if possible for a new release.

Thank you

Oliver

The problem I see with big release clause is that it's too easy to overturn. Whenever a player asks for it, I just click 'no' and they still sign, every time. In the PC version, it's much harder to overturn as players are far more stubborn. It's a general issue with contracts - wild demands which you can easily reduce.

• 10 months later...

Im playing fm 2013 on an ipad. I have a player that has a bcrc, and now every transferwindow manu and rmadrid come to pick him up, for free!? I see no option to put an amount on a bcrc, and the clubs come and 'make an offer'. When i want to negotiate, the amount says 0 euro and even if i higher it to 1 million, the big clubs give up negotiation. The player is angry, the atmosphe at the club is ruined. The player has a 3 year contract left. I dont understand it, it is my top player, why do i have to give him up for free? Or am i missing something? Plz help!

The problem I see with big release clause is that it's too easy to overturn. Whenever a player asks for it, I just click 'no' and they still sign, every time. In the PC version, it's much harder to overturn as players are far more stubborn. It's a general issue with contracts - wild demands which you can easily reduce.

I just had a player demand a £150k/w contract with a £2.9m signing bonus, until July 2nd 2019.

He was already on that exact contract. I don't know why he was demanding another one - no pay rise, no change to the length, he just wanted the signing bonus?

Needless to say I didn't make him any offers but now he's unhappy with the terms of his contract. I'm not really sure what to do with it.

• SI Staff
Im playing fm 2013 on an ipad. I have a player that has a bcrc, and now every transferwindow manu and rmadrid come to pick him up, for free!? I see no option to put an amount on a bcrc, and the clubs come and 'make an offer'. When i want to negotiate, the amount says 0 euro and even if i higher it to 1 million, the big clubs give up negotiation. The player is angry, the atmosphe at the club is ruined. The player has a 3 year contract left. I dont understand it, it is my top player, why do i have to give him up for free? Or am i missing something? Plz help!

Hi - I don't understand exactly what you're asking - you don't have to give up the player for free at all, the big club release clause only kicks in if the larger club makes a big(ish) offer. Would be interesting though to work out why you're only getting offered 0 for the player, do you have a save we can look at which shows this?

• SI Staff
I just had a player demand a £150k/w contract with a £2.9m signing bonus, until July 2nd 2019.

He was already on that exact contract. I don't know why he was demanding another one - no pay rise, no change to the length, he just wanted the signing bonus?

Needless to say I didn't make him any offers but now he's unhappy with the terms of his contract. I'm not really sure what to do with it.

Hi - we're aware of an issue where very rarely a player who wants a pay rise fails to actually ask for one when negotiating a contract. If you did offer him the identical contract that would be likely to cure his unhappiness for now.

On the subject of contracts, there seem to be quite a few things that coul do with a tweak.

For example, ny goalie, Igor Akinfeev, wouldn't sign a new contract because he didn't think I could meet his demands. Apparently a pay rise from £170k to £220k per week wasn't enough - fair enough, he's well know for his greediness in this game. Then Chelsea come along and he joins them for £90k per week. I was managing Atletico Madrid and we had been dominating the Spanish league and having a great deal of success in Europe, so I would have expected us to have a higher reputation that Chelsea at that point. He was also playing every match and there were no other goalies that could be seen as serious competition for his place on the team.

Another rather minor issue is older players who are planning to retire. They won't sign a new contract and often leave the club just before they retire. This doesn't really affect gameplay, but when I've had a player at the club for many years I get quite attached to them and would like to seem them stick with the club for the extra week or two until they retire so that they get their testimonial. It can make it a little tricky to unlock your son, as well, and just seems jarringly unrealistic.

Enough griping from me. I'd love it if something could be done about the above; particularly the first issue, since it's been around for quite a while.

Peely, if I remember from an older thread, they are working on issue #1 (or at least I hope so!). Maybe "meet his demands" could be changed to another message? I've quite often offered players contracts where they make 80K/week to have them snub the offer, which I get is possible, but I imagine rarer than I've experience.

If you have a player w/ a BCRC, try to offer them a new contract without it whenever you can! I have not had cause it to use in EPL or equivalent league, but it's been very useful when trying to attract good players to lower leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

Peely there is a way to request they stay on iirc it's on either the player personal info screen or the player contract screen, which ever on shows he's retiring. If you click on the text saying "player retiring at end of season". Usually lets you get an extra year out of them.

Archived