+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever seen a team's fortunes change this rapidly?

Part-Timer

Default Ever seen a team's fortunes change this rapidly?

While I've been playing my current save I had a check on the Premier Division after a few seasons and noticed something quite odd.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

West Brom finishing in the top 6 in season 1, losing out on the title on goal difference on the final day in season 2 and being relegated in season 3!

I just wanted to see if anybody else had seen a team's fortunes change that much within a couple of season?

Also, Everton being relegated seemed rather odd to me.

Third Team

Sampdoria pulled off the same trick in the 2010/11 season after finishing 4th the previous year.

Youth Team

Didn't Villareal do something similar this time around? Qualified for CL last season and relegated this time....

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by rinso View Post
    Didn't Villareal do something similar this time around? Qualified for CL last season and relegated this time....
    See my earlier post ;)

Youth Team

oops! that'll teach me for not clicking links first!

Amateur

In my save. Malaga got relegated first season, came back up finished 6th and won the copa del Rey, next season finished 3rd with 85 points and lost in the final of the Europa.

Amateur

That west brom thing wasnt what I picked up upon really I saw Swansea - relegated first season on that, then re-promoted, then up at sixth

Amateur

I always find that in the Premier League (and in other first divisions around Europe), that when you load the league but don't actually play in it, you get some really random things happening like very unlikely teams doing exceptionally well, and some really big teams hopelessly underachieving. Whereas if you actually play in the league (and therefore all matches in the league are simulated at full detail) then things seem to occur far less randomly, but rather more predictably. Bigger teams doing well, lesser teams not massively overachieving, ect.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by sperlz View Post
    Its surprising Everton got relegated and even more surprising that they didnt come back up the next season.
    They lost in the playoff final in season 2 although they won the league in season 3 so are now back in the Premiership.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sperlz View Post
    Its surprising Everton got relegated and even more surprising that they didnt come back up the next season.
    In my most recent save, Everton was relegated, and they've been in the second tier for 3 seasons now. I almost feel bad enough for them to want to take them over.

Amateur

In 1937 Manchester City won the league title and were relegated the season after.

Amateur
    Bradford - Home of the Capital One Cup Runners Up 2013 & League 2 Playoff Winners 2013

In my current save by season 2016-17 Sunderland are bottom of League 2 after going into administration..

I can prove if screenshots needed.

+ Reply to Thread