Purchasing players

A question: why do players unwilling to move to my club appear in my player search results, even though I've ticked the box "only show interested players" (or something like that)?

I'm well aware that my Championship outfit Barnsley is no Barcelona. Hence, I was thrilled to see both Michael Owen and Luis Fabiano in the search result of interested strikers. I had the cash, made the offers, the bids were accepted and I was looking forward to a fearsome strike force for Championship football. But, sadly, neither of the two had any interest in moving to Barnsley.

I had to settle for Sam Baldock insted. A bit disappointing, yes. :(

Sounds reasonable. But at least they could have started negotiations with me. Owen said "not interested in dropping down a division". Well, duh! :rolleyes:

Another question, is it not allowed to offer contracts to domestic "Bosman" players (contracts expiring)? I can offer contracts to players abroad, but not to those playing in England. I haven't played any management games since CM 01/02, and on that one you could offer contracts to all Bosmans. Perhaps the rules have changed, I don't know. :confused:

I'm not a 100% certain but it could mean that those players aren't interested in playing for you but could be tempted if you offered obscene wages.

However, it's unlikely you will ever be able to do this given you're a championship side.

I agree with OP. You use this option to filter out the shocking moves if you offered a silly amount, you just want it to show you the players you have a good chance of getting if you can secure the transfer.

If you have enough cash in your transfer budget it helps sometime to move as much as possible into your wage budget. This will increase the maximum amount of salary you can offer per week according your board!

However, the system is not fully reasonable.

Archived