Is your manager profile preferred tactic ever accurate?

I know it ultimately means nothing, but it annoys me to see my preferred tactic in my manager profile as a 4-4-2 when I have never once lined up in a 4-4-2 in my 4+ seasons. 90% of the time, I am in a 4-3-3, and the other 10% will be 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2. Also, it says my coaching style is "defensive," yet I am always playing "control" with high pressure, as well as telling the media I am going to attack.

I guess I am curious how the game determines this... and if anyone feels theirs is accurate?

i have more attacking players in my squad than defending players, but apparently i am a defensive minded coach! not that it makes a difference to my game, just odd. i hadnt actually looked before i saw this thread!

Never checked this before but I'm shown as a fan of 4-4-2 and I have never, ever, played this formation in this game. I play 4-2-3-1. Very occasionally 4-5-1. FM should get rid of this inf. if they can't get it even remotely right.

It's right for me in FM11, but it took quite a long time to update. It says 4-1-3-2 which I've been playing for around 3 seasons in a row now, as well as using it in my first couple of seasons and intermittently over the few seasons in between (when my main formation was a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond).

It said 4-4-2 for abolutely ages, though I hardly use 4-4-2, and only started using it about 2 seasons ago as an alternative tactic for games where my team was much better than the opposition.

Interesting. I played 4-1-3-2 from the start, and the first time I checked it (was during my second season) it was already correct.

I don't tweak the individual players' sliders much though. I wonder if tweaking them significantly somehow confuses the game when it is trying to figure out your favorite tactic.

Mine has the formation right - 4-1-2-1-2. Mentality is balanced, which is right enough, pressing and marking are off however. I seem to have an attacking coaching style, even though I tend to build my tactics on a strong defense.

Archived