+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game Wont Open

Amateur

Default Game Wont Open

Any help would be awesome so I can get my fix!!!

Ive just brought the game on android and get this message when I tried to open it for the first time.....

"In order to run Football Manager Handheld the first time you will need to download some data first, please confirm this is Ok to do:"

I confirm ..

Then I get a message that reads...

'You are not connected to a Wireless network and will be downloading data using your mobile provider. Please indicate if you want to continue your download."

I hit continue.

It tries to start downloading and doesnt start then I get a message that reads..

'The application FMH 2012 (process com.sigames.fmhl) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Force close

*theres nothing wrong with my internet connection as I have checked. Any help would be great

Cheers

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Can you indicate which device you're running the game on - gut instinct is that its screen resolution is below 480x320 ... would I be correct?

Amateur

im running it on a Huawei Ideos

Amateur

I've got a similar issue with my Motorola Xoom tablet, only it begins to download the data, but fails after about 23% downloaded, saying that there has been an error, would you like to try again?

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Gavin

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiwi View Post
    im running it on a Huawei Ideos
    The Huawei Ideos is below spec so won't run the game. It's specifically blocked from purchasing the game for this reason - can you let me know which country's Play store you bought the game from and when you did so so that we can contact Google to find out how this may have happened.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by claretgav View Post
    I've got a similar issue with my Motorola Xoom tablet, only it begins to download the data, but fails after about 23% downloaded, saying that there has been an error, would you like to try again?

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Gavin
    It sounds like you may either have a dodgy connection to the server or trouble writing to your device's storage - please make sure the tablet is unplugged from any computer, reboot it and try again. The reboot may fix things on its own - let me know!

Amateur

Thanks Alari

It's odd, I've tried rebooting a couple of times, but no luck. It's certainly not connected to anything. I managed to getup to 70% downloaded earlier before the error message appeared. I wondered if it was to do with the low line speed around here, but obviously I manage to download many other things without a hitch?

When I look in the directory, there is an fmh_data folder and a file called retina.zip, which doesn't unzip, presumably because it hasn't completed downloading.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Gavin

Try deleting the retina.zip and starting again? Also - just to check, how much remaining space do you have on the tablet?
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 15-05-2012 at 13:57.

Amateur

Thanks. Tried that, but still stopped (this time at about 50%) I've got 29gigs left on the tablet.

That is really really odd.

Try downloading the zip manually from this location: http://downloads.sega.com/footballma...003/retina.zip

Also download the main asset data from here: http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/1/3272480/data.zip

Once you have these two files on a computer (I'd recommend downloading it on one first and then using wireless to transfer them onto your device) follow these instructions please.

(1) Transfer the files into the 'fmh_data' directory
    (2) Unzip the files into that directory recreating their own internal directory structure.
    (3) This should leave you with a directory named 'data' inside the fmh_data directory this will contain a LOT of junk about the game. The directories inside 'data' that you should see include: config, database, fonts, formations, icons etc. (if you don't see these then something hasn't been unzipped).
    (4) The final step is for you to create three files in the root of the fmh_data directory to tell the game that its already installed - these can be blank files (ie. nothing required inside them and they can simply be blank text files if thats easiest). The names for these three files are ‘.nomedia’ (the . is important, it’s a special file used as a marker but it also tells the OS not to scan this directory for images/music), ‘retina_installed.txt’ and ‘update1.txt’.
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 15-05-2012 at 16:40. Reason: Need to use full manual download steps

Amateur

Thanks. managed to download those fine, but I've got a new message now:

FMH 2012 unable to start
    Common reasons for this are:
    1) Previous instance is still active (wait 30 seconds & retry) - I've retried, I've even rebooted and it's not this.
    2) Device is being used as a storage medium for a personal computer. - I do have lots of personal files on there, but you're supposed to?
    3) Device has insufficient space to run or install game. - already established that there is plenty of space

The directory now looks like this:
    fmh_data/data/data/new files (config etc).
    &fmh_data/retina/data/new files

Should it all be in one data folder within fmh_data?

Many thanks for your help with this - it is hugely appreciated.

Gavin

OK, the problem there is that whatever you are using to unzip them is putting them within a folder named after the zip file. They need to be unzipped directly into fmh_data so everything is indeed within one data folder.

Amateur

Thanks. I'm sure this is progress, but I'm still struggling.

I no longer get the error message, but I now get a blank screen. When I try to exit it says:

Sorry!
    Activity FMH 2012 (in application 2012) is not responding.
    Force Close / Wait / Report

Thanks for helping

Gavin

Amateur

I've rebooted several times now and the blank screen issue is gone, but the previous error message is still occurring.

All the data files are now in the fmh_data folder.

Is there anything else you can suggest? Sorry to be a pain

Many thanks

Gavin

Can you tell me the contents of both the 'fmh_data' folder and the 'data' folder inside that, please? Cheers.

Edit: Also - can you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 16-05-2012 at 15:31.

+ Reply to Thread